What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Odds That Knowshon Moreno Will Be a Bronco in 2014? (1 Viewer)

Odds That Knowshon Moreno Will Be a Bronco in 2014?

• 0%

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • 25%

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • 50%

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • 75%

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • 100%

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters

cstu

Footballguy
I know there's another Moreno thread but I'm interested to know what people think about him past this year. His best chance of being a high-producing RB seems to be in Denver but what odds do you give that he'll be there next year?

Adding to the uncertainty is the Broncos have the option to keep him next year for $5M. Otherwise he'll be a free agent and they will have to compete to sign him to a long-term deal.

I'd say 75% chance right now. IMO Peyton Manning will have some input in this decision. He has the utmost confidence in Moreno's pass blocking/audible adjustments. Ball/Hillman don't have his trust yet, but it's still relatively early in the season. I've gotta believe that his ability to keep Manning clean will play a role in the decision.

I voted 25% because I am not even sure Manning will be there if they win it all this year. And without Manning, Moreno is a middle of the road RB.

I voted 75%.

Moreno is playing like a stud this year, not just some mediocre RB taking advantage of a good situation like he did last year.

I voted 25% because I am not even sure Manning will be there if they win it all this year. And without Manning, Moreno is a middle of the road RB.
He is still a middle of the road running back with Manning. He is just putting up good fantasy numbers.

He is still a middle of the road running back with Manning. He is just putting up good fantasy numbers.
He's averaging over 4.5 ypc and is a great receiver and blocking back.

He's not a great runner but does all the little things well.

He'll never be an elite talent, but neither will 95% of nfl rbs and Moreno won't lose a game by boneheaded mistakes. He's the perfect rb in a manning led offense where he doesn't have to carry the team.

$5M seems expensive for him when they have other capable backs on the roster.
They do? Well they should cut Hillman and Ball and get those guys on the field.
If you notice the title it says "2014".

If you notice the title it says "2014".
Well you quoted it twice so it should be easy to read "they have other capable backs on the roster."

Unless you are from the future, that looks like a statement about the current roster.

He's averaging over 4.5 ypc and is a great receiver and blocking back.

He's not a great runner but does all the little things well.

He'll never be an elite talent, but neither will 95% of nfl rbs and Moreno won't lose a game by boneheaded mistakes. He's the perfect rb in a manning led offense where he doesn't have to carry the team.
That's not what Elway thinks:

Knowshon Moreno - RB - Broncos

Broncos GM John Elway said there's "no question we have to be better in the run game."

It suggests that Elway was not happy with the performance of free agent Knowshon Moreno, who averaged 4.30 YPC last season while facing extremely run-friendly defensive fronts. We haven't heard a single peep of interest around the league regarding Moreno and ESPN's Jeff Legwold says the Broncos "haven't made much of a move" to bring him back.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I say 50, but at this point theres no hurry for him to sign anywhere. 1 or 2 RBs seem to suffer season enders every yr in camp and that will make a team desperate. If $$ is truly his #1 objective I think thats his best bet.

It became pretty clear from Montee Ball's usage down the stretch that Denver was preparing for a life after Moreno. The fact that they haven't even made him an offer, despite how ludicrously soft the market is for RBs and how little interest he's drawn, seems to suggest that it's not just a money thing, Denver just isn't a huge Knowshon Moreno fan. Which surprises me a little bit, because while Denver's brass had made it clear in the past that they were not Knowshon Moreno fans, I thought he did a lot to win them over last year, and I figured they'd be happy to have him back if money wasn't an issue.

Seems like Denver's pretty committed to Montee Ball / Ronnie Hillman / C.J. Anderson as their RB depth chart in 2014.

I've been holding out some hope as a Moreno owner but all signs point to close to 0%. I think Elway wants to run the ball better and whether you like Ball or not, Elway does and Ball probably is a lot better runner than Moreno. I don't think Elway wants Moreno back period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been holding out some hope as a Moreno owner but all signs point to close to 0%. I think Elway wants to run the ball better and whether you like Ball or not, Elway does and Ball probably is a lot better runner than Moreno. I don't think Elway wants Moreno back period.
I wonder if we see the Broncos throw the ball less this year, maybe Elway wants to keep him fresh for the playoffs? Elway himself won the super bowl behind a great running game and him throwing the ball when he had too, maybe he is trying to recreate that atmosphere and knows Moreno can't be that type of back for that system. I am just guessing here though.

I wonder if we see the Broncos throw the ball less this year, maybe Elway wants to keep him fresh for the playoffs? Elway himself won the super bowl behind a great running game and him throwing the ball when he had too, maybe he is trying to recreate that atmosphere and knows Moreno can't be that type of back for that system. I am just guessing here though.
We'll see how much Miami pays him, but you'd think if they were going to run more they would want all the dependable RBs they could get. Donald Brown money is not unreasaonable for 10 carries a game + passing downs, and that's what I'd expect Moreno to get +/-.

I think they will draft a RB in the 4th round or sooner, and toss him in the mix with Ball, Hillman, and CJ Anderson. Moreno is an ok back but hasn't really shown to be capable of hitting the home run. He's not someone that opponents have to game plan around. Time to move on and see of someone else can be that guy. Maybe Hillman finally matures?

I think they will draft a RB in the 4th round or sooner, and toss him in the mix with Ball, Hillman, and CJ Anderson. Moreno is an ok back but hasn't really shown to be capable of hitting the home run. He's not someone that opponents have to game plan around. Time to move on and see of someone else can be that guy. Maybe Hillman finally matures?
Considering Ball was the only one who really touched the ball other than Moreno I think it's obvious he is the guy they are ready to turn the reigns over too...Pretty confident

Can't believe with all the moves Denver has made they are just going to leave the RB position up to Monte Ball. At least get a MJD or something.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25409664/john-elway-simplifies-broncos-goal-2014-were-chasing

It was presented to Elway that he is taking a leap of faith in going forward with his young tailback trio of Montee Ball, C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman.

Elway shook his head no at the suggestion.

"I think we've got good running backs," he said. "And I think it's time to take the training wheels off."

So confident is Elway in Ball that he is unlikely to re-sign last season's starter, Knowshon Moreno, even at a reduced rate. Moreno has generated little interest as a free agent despite generating more than 1,000 yards rushing, more than 500 yards receiving and scoring 13 touchdowns for the Broncos last season.
http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/5823/broncos-still-open-to-phillips-moreno

Moreno, who led the Broncos last season with 1,038 yards rushing to go with 13 total touchdowns and 60 receptions, would have the most significant adjustment in any potential return. He just finished his fifth season with the Broncos and was the team's No. 1 back.

But the Broncos have moved Montee Ball to the top of the depth chart as they work to improve their run game. If Moreno returns, it would be with the understanding, barring an injury, that it would be in a reserve role.

"With a guy like Knowshon, who was the starter and would have to come back in a different role, we would look at how he would handle that," Elway said.

He's averaging over 4.5 ypc and is a great receiver and blocking back.He's not a great runner but does all the little things well.

That's not what Elway thinks:

Knowshon Moreno - RB - Broncos

Broncos GM John Elway said there's "no question we have to be better in the run game."

It suggests that Elway was not happy with the performance of free agent Knowshon Moreno, who averaged 4.30 YPC last season while facing extremely run-friendly defensive fronts. We haven't heard a single peep of interest around the league regarding Moreno and ESPN's Jeff Legwold says the Broncos "haven't made much of a move" to bring him back.

Source: ESPN.com
???

That post was from 2013, and Moreno was the starter last year.

That post was from 2013, and Moreno was the starter last year.
I shouldn't have quoted that. However, Elway doesn't think Moreno is a perfect fit for the team.

Users who are viewing this thread