What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* 12th Pick Thread (2 Viewers)

Almost done with a 12 team PPR redraft, and I started out with the following from the 12th spot-

1.12 Turner

2.1 Calvin

3.12 Royal

4.1 Bush

5.12 Rivers

6.1 Addai

7.12 KW2

8.1 Mason

9.12 Morgan

10.1 Harvin

Was actually WANTING to go WR-WR, but Randy went at 1.11, and Calvin was the only one of the big 4 left. So I felt I had to take a RB, especially Turner when he fell to 1.12. Only suggestion/warning, is that a LOT of WRs were going early. At 3.12, Housh and Ocho were both gone. Didn't expect that!

Almost done with a 12 team PPR redraft, and I started out with the following from the 12th spot-1.12 Turner 2.1 Calvin3.12 Royal4.1 Bush5.12 Rivers6.1 Addai7.12 KW28.1 Mason9.12 Morgan10.1 HarvinWas actually WANTING to go WR-WR, but Randy went at 1.11, and Calvin was the only one of the big 4 left. So I felt I had to take a RB, especially Turner when he fell to 1.12. Only suggestion/warning, is that a LOT of WRs were going early. At 3.12, Housh and Ocho were both gone. Didn't expect that!
Michael Turner fell to 12?? wow.My draft was this past Saturday and I wanted to get 2 of the big 3 WR(Moss/AJ/Fitz), but they were all gone.1.12 Gore2.1 Brees (couldn't resist, all td's 6 pts)3.12 Ray Rice4.1 Welker5.12 Owen Daniels6.1 Santonio Holmes7.12 Donald drive8.1 Bradshaw9.12 Jonathon Stewart10.1 Zach Miller11.12 LeSean McCoy12.1 Eagles Def13.12 Devery Hendersen14.1 Willis McGahee15.12 Elam16.1 Hakeem Nicks

Almost done with a 12 team PPR redraft, and I started out with the following from the 12th spot-1.12 Turner 2.1 Calvin3.12 Royal4.1 Bush5.12 Rivers6.1 Addai7.12 KW28.1 Mason9.12 Morgan10.1 HarvinWas actually WANTING to go WR-WR, but Randy went at 1.11, and Calvin was the only one of the big 4 left. So I felt I had to take a RB, especially Turner when he fell to 1.12. Only suggestion/warning, is that a LOT of WRs were going early. At 3.12, Housh and Ocho were both gone. Didn't expect that!
Michael Turner fell to 12?? wow.My draft was this past Saturday and I wanted to get 2 of the big 3 WR(Moss/AJ/Fitz), but they were all gone.1.12 Gore2.1 Brees (couldn't resist, all td's 6 pts)3.12 Ray Rice4.1 Welker5.12 Owen Daniels6.1 Santonio Holmes7.12 Donald drive8.1 Bradshaw9.12 Jonathon Stewart10.1 Zach Miller11.12 LeSean McCoy12.1 Eagles Def13.12 Devery Hendersen14.1 Willis McGahee15.12 Elam16.1 Hakeem Nicks
:popcorn: If I had this team, I'd be bummed out...Ray Rice and Wes Welker? That's when you lost. No one available here ? McFadden, Pierre Thomas? Thomas Jones? Ray Rice at 3.12 is a major reach in my opinion.Your starting WRs are Wes Welker and Santonio Holmes. You could have had Brees and Megatron...then come back with 2 RBs...then got someone very similar to Wes Welker or Santonio Holmes later....Draft on Saturday, no PPR, no flex, TE required...I want to go QB / WR, but if Brady and Brees are gone (I fully expect them to be - along with Moss and Fitzy), I'm thinking RB/WR. Is 2.1 too early for A. Rodgers? Michael Wilbon took him in round 1, and called him this years MVP. I'm not convinced Chris Johnson is the pick here...nor Slaton....So Megatron and Rodgers? I'm very nervous. RODGERS OVER MANNING you say? I'm afraid so. And I'm a Bears fan from Chicago....I'm sickened by this thought...Then I think RB/RB....Westbrook is going to be there...as is Slaton and Chris Johnson. I'm a mess. I have 2 days, and I still have no idea. Someone please convince me that Slaton or Chris Johnson are worth these picks! :wall:

:unsure: If I had this team, I'd be bummed out...Ray Rice and Wes Welker? That's when you lost. No one available here ? McFadden, Pierre Thomas? Thomas Jones? Ray Rice at 3.12 is a major reach in my opinion.Your starting WRs are Wes Welker and Santonio Holmes. You could have had Brees and Megatron...then come back with 2 RBs...then got someone very similar to Wes Welker or Santonio Holmes later....Draft on Saturday, no PPR, no flex, TE required...I want to go QB / WR, but if Brady and Brees are gone (I fully expect them to be - along with Moss and Fitzy), I'm thinking RB/WR. Is 2.1 too early for A. Rodgers? Michael Wilbon took him in round 1, and called him this years MVP. I'm not convinced Chris Johnson is the pick here...nor Slaton....So Megatron and Rodgers? I'm very nervous. RODGERS OVER MANNING you say? I'm afraid so. And I'm a Bears fan from Chicago....I'm sickened by this thought...Then I think RB/RB....Westbrook is going to be there...as is Slaton and Chris Johnson. I'm a mess. I have 2 days, and I still have no idea. Someone please convince me that Slaton or Chris Johnson are worth these picks! :lmao:
Not a huge fan of Burner, but if he's available at 1.12, I can't see passing on him, regardless of scoring. I'm a big LBJ fan this year. If you look at the stats, (I'm not going to be 100% accurate here, as I'm trying to remember the stats) Johnson had 70% of the carries when Tennessee was within a touchdown either way, with the percentages falling precipitously with the size of lead (SlimWhale getting a slight majority of the carries when Tennessee was ahead by 2 touchdowns or more). Tenn has a more difficult schedule this year, and, with no Haynesworth, I'm lead to believe Tennessee will be in more tighter games this season. Coach Fisher stated early in the preseason that LBJ is his guy. SlimWhale will still vulture some RZ carries, but I think LBJ tears it up this year. If he falls, I'm all over it (PPR league)As far as Slaton, I think he's worth the pick as well, especially in a PPR league. He has virtually no competition, and Houston's offense is super solid. I like Johnson more, but I'll roll with Slaton. :lmao: BC

:thumbdown: If I had this team, I'd be bummed out...Ray Rice and Wes Welker? That's when you lost. No one available here ? McFadden, Pierre Thomas? Thomas Jones? Ray Rice at 3.12 is a major reach in my opinion.Your starting WRs are Wes Welker and Santonio Holmes. You could have had Brees and Megatron...then come back with 2 RBs...then got someone very similar to Wes Welker or Santonio Holmes later....Draft on Saturday, no PPR, no flex, TE required...I want to go QB / WR, but if Brady and Brees are gone (I fully expect them to be - along with Moss and Fitzy), I'm thinking RB/WR. Is 2.1 too early for A. Rodgers? Michael Wilbon took him in round 1, and called him this years MVP. I'm not convinced Chris Johnson is the pick here...nor Slaton....So Megatron and Rodgers? I'm very nervous. RODGERS OVER MANNING you say? I'm afraid so. And I'm a Bears fan from Chicago....I'm sickened by this thought...Then I think RB/RB....Westbrook is going to be there...as is Slaton and Chris Johnson. I'm a mess. I have 2 days, and I still have no idea. Someone please convince me that Slaton or Chris Johnson are worth these picks! :wall:
I draft tomorrow in a league where Brees and Brady will also definitely be gone round 1...Peyton might as well.Unfortunately I do agree with you that Slaton and Chris J. are not worth 12/13. I also don't think Rodgers is worth 2.1. In mocks I've done, and in the couple of real drafts I've done, Rodgers/Rivers have slid to the 3/4 turn. I've pretty well convinced myself I have to go either RB/WR or WR/WR at 12/13. I HAVE to get one of the big 4 wrs at least, knowing that there'll be quite a bit of RB value at the 3/4 turn. If Deangelo or Ladanian somehow slip to 12, I'll grab one and one of the wrs. If those two are already gone, that most likely means I get my choice of 2 of Moss/Andre/Calvin. Then I go either RB/Rodgers or Rivers at the 3/4, or RB/RB if Rodgers/Rivers are gone and I grab probably the 12th qb off the board at the 5/6 (I almost think I'm destined to get Schaub on every team this year). What's I'd LIKE to see is a first six picks like this (and that is at least fairly likely):DeAngeloAndreRodgersK. SmithRay RiceVince Jackson or Desean JacksonBut worst case, I think I can still get this:AndreCalvinPierre ThomasK. SmithRay RiceSchaubDriverI could live with that, even though it's not my preferred outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a draft in my 100.00 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1k 1d no ppr 4pptd league tonight out of the 12th spot in a 12 team league. I went wr/wr early and was thrilled how my team came out.

Just to give you a idea of what your team could look like if u can take 2 of the big 4 wrs my roster is below. I was very surprised that Moreno, Lynch, and Taylor fell so late.

1. (12) Calvin Johnson WR

2. (13) Andre Johnson WR

3. (36) Thomas Jones RB

4. (37) Brandon Marshall WR

5. (60) Marshawn Lynch RB

6. (61) Ray Rice RB

7. (84) Knowshon Moreno RB

8. (85) Matt Ryan QB

9. (108) John Carlson TE

10. (109) Carson Palmer QB

11. (132) Fred Taylor RB

12. (133) Patrick Crayton WR

13. (156) Bobby Engram WR

14. (157) Mason Crosby K

15. (180) New England DEF

I wanted to post this mock draft idea from the Rate My Team thread. Which is a feature offered by FBG since I am drafting out of the 12th hole and have been more uncomfortable generating a team this year than I can remember. See what you think ->

Ok after more tries I got this to work:

"Anyone drafting from the 12th hole in a 12 team serpentine draft, non-ppr league get above 80% using the RMT feature and that 80% is with with great inseason management"? (standard scoring)" -- start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K 1D

Using DDs feature "My Mock Draft" with the owners rated as expert(4), magazine(3), MDC(3) or Consensus(2). This was more of an exercise to see if by changing my draft strategy I could get from the RMT feature a team the staffers bottom line was 90% or higher from 2 of the 4 reviews with great inseason management. I am not saying I would draft this way but it opened my eyes up to a new way of viewing the draft from this spot. I also managed with this draft,for one of the few times, to not have a team at the very bottom of DD's "Overall - total team strength" ranking as well:

1:12 - AndreJ (WR), CalvinJ (WR)

3.12 - TJ Housh (WR), BraylonE (WR)

5.12 - KnowshonM (RB), RayRice (RB)

7.12 - KurtW (QB), Schaub (QB)

9.12 - JuliusJ (RB), SanDiego(D)

11.12 - JamesDavis(RB), RashardM(RB)

13.12 - ToddHeap(TE), WillisMcGahee(RB)

15.12 - KrisB(K), TB (D)

Review of this draft:

Very weak at RB but since it is a start 2 with the 6 guys listed perhaps 2 can give me avg FPs each week and I want have to be guessing too much which one to start. Trying to play the DTBC approach and in a real draft probably would take Cinn or Wash here to go w/SD but DD's projections have this duo (SD, TB) ranked alittle better.

The TE position looks fairly bad but after the word from preseason so far Heap could be ok here. Heath Miller was another guy I thought about here. Any thoughts?

I am thinking that RB/WR may be the way to go here. It seems in my mocks that I have more flexibility with the 3.12 and 4.1 picks by utilizing this strategy. If I go RB/RB or WR/WR, I feel as though I have to look at the neglected positions in the 3rd and 4th round. If I go RB/WR, I feel more comfortable looking at a Witten at TE or Rodgers at QB at this spot. Any thoughts on this?

Edited to add: The more I think about it, Rodgers will probably be gone at this spot, so maybe TE/RB or TE/WR is the pick at the 3/4 turn.

I usually don't put to much stock in what ESPN says in regards to FF predictions, however I thought this was a pretty good article on breaking the traditional thinking:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...k9firsttwopicks

My draft is next week and I am still not sure which direction I am going to go with the 12th pick. In past years I have always gone RB,RB no matter what and have always finished in the money. This year could be different...maybe I go WR,WR or RB,WR but bottom line it comes down to best available and this is where I think the draft Dominator really comes in handy.

I went Brady/Moss at the 12 spot.
I so wanted to do this last night in our 6pt all TD league with heavy bonuses for long TD's. Couldn't pull the trigger....went Moss / Brees. If anything happens to Brady I think it's game over.

:wall: I attack these draft spots like I draft every other draft spot...take my highest ranked player that I can start, until or unless I see a big value disparity with a player that's left that would make an amazing insurance policy.

By the time I get to rounds 6 and 7 I am looking around for BAP, regardless of if the guy is a starter, and then comparing that player to my options when choosing a starter or waiting a round at another position.

Not much science to it. Get the best guys according to you (or whatever source you choose to use), weighing equally current and future pick opportunities.

Haven't drafted 12th in a few years so it was a bit new for me with the emergence of stud WRs and QBs climbing into the first. Scoring is a modified ppr with .65 RB (2), 1.0 WR (3), and 1.45 TE (1), .25 a completion to the QB, as well as pretty crazy points for yards/points for defenses so the good ones tend to go higher. Drafted last night with the thought of WR/WR if the big 4 fell to me (only 1 did) and RB/RB if they all didn't make it to me (and pushing some RB talent down). Was surprised in our league that a QB didn't go in the first because at least 1 or 2 do.

1.12 Slaton, Steve HOU RB

2.01 Johnson, Calvin DET WR

I could have had Gore here but wanted a top 4WR so he slid past me. After I took CJ, the second round was almost all QB and WRs.

3.12 Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

4.01 Witten, Jason DAL TE

Again, 3rd round was a lot of QBs and WRs before I picked up Bowe. 7QBs had gone before I drafted at 3.12. I deiced to wait another round as I though all the guys still left (McNabb, Schaub, Cutler, Ryan were pretty close and I was hoping Ryan would fall to me later.) Could have taken Grant or PT here as well but decided to go TE and glad I did. 5 other TEs were off the board before I got back to 5.12. I figured I could make up RB2 later by taking a ton of flyers and hoping at least one pans out (see a little lower.)

5.12 Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

6.01 Ryan, Matt ATL QB

With all the TEs and QBs that go early, was able to get a pretty good WR3 in the 5th. Also, I took Ryan as the 11th QB off the board. The only other guy that hadn't taken a starter was ready to take him a few picks after me. Actually would have taken Pitt at 6.01 as well but they were snagged just a few picks before me. Decided to wait on Def after that as they were the only team I was super, super high on in our scoring system.

7.12 Brown, Donald IND RB

8.01 Washington, Leon NYJ RB

11.12McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

13.12Graham, Earnest TBB RB

14.01Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

15.12Davis, James CLE RB

16.01Coffee, Glen SFO RB

This is the cast of RBs I hope to fill out RB2. One of them has to hit. While the rest of the league was taking safe, known name picks, I just jumped on these guys. Some of them I could have had later but I know with 22 picks between each time I pick, I have to take some guys early and also hope some others fall to me. Could be a huge bust here or a huge boon.

9.12 Henry, Chris CIN WR

12.01Morgan, Josh SFO WR

18.01Schilens, Chaz OAK WR

WR depth. Was thinking Morgan or Henry at the 9/10 turn. Decided on Henry since I know at least one dude in the league that would have pounced on him soon. Like a lot of FBG, feel that Morgan is way undervalued and was super happy he was still there at 11/12.

10.01Chargers, San Diego SDC Def

17.12Cardinals, Arizona ARI ST

Meh.

I'm still not sure how I really feel about this team yet but it's going to be an exciting year. Draft Dominator hated my draft but I only use it now for the draft board to keep an eye on what everyone else is selecting and getting an idea of that ADP some of the folks are going at. Overall, I would rather draft 6th or 7th than 12th or 1st. I like being in the middle of things each round rather than being on the front or end of a run. I did like later in the draft just having a chance to back-to-back some sleepers and not worry too much as to who would slide to me next round (other than Morgan) I know our league scoring might not be exactly normal but I hope my thoughts help someone else while they are figuring out their strategy for the 12th pick.

Glad to see this thread and discussion. I'm drafting 12th in a standard scoring league next week, starting 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, a Flex, and the standard TE / K / DST. I've mocked the hell out of my draft spot, using the DD and about 5 years of draft data to populate an ADP_USER file And I've yet to mock draft a time I like. So I am glad for the real-world experiences, and hope y'all keep 'em coming. From my mocks and what I have seen here, I glean the following:

- Take as many of the big 4 WR's as you can on the first turn. The dropoff to the next tier of WR's that await you on the next turn (Braylon Edwards, Housh, Anthony Gonzalez) forces your hand here.

- If they are all gone on your first turn, count your blessings for the unexpected RB quality (whatever that means in your league... DeAngelo, LT, Forte, what have you)

- It seems to me that there is consensus on taking an early TE.

- It also seems to me that you can't pre-plan your QB strategery. Maybe Brady awaits you at the end of round 1 in your 6 point per passing TD league. Or maybe 10 QB's go in the first 5 rounds.

One other thing... Chris Smith posted an article on drafting out the 12th spot last week. See it here: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2009/0...aftslot1112.php

He seems resigned to accepting that drafting 12th is a handicap, and you have to take chances to make up for the deficit. If your gambles work out, you'll be in the thick of it. If not, well, you had to take the chance, maybe next year you'll get a better draft position. To me, this seems defeatist. You can win your league from any draft slot.

Just finished my draft...12 team, last pick, ppr and ppc (point per completion). 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, and IDPers. I won't get into that because I know you folk have no interest in that. side of things.

With my first pick I was planning on going with two stud wr's, but SJax somehow fell to me. AJ was a great top pick.

SJax/AJ

With my next two, I planned on taking Rodgers/Gates, but Rodgers went before my pick and Reggie somehow fell to me (SOD!!). Qb's were going quick and I thought about waiting for Schaub, but I took McNabb.

Bush/McNabb

In the fifth round, I took Moreno and Olsen. I wanted an elite TE and I felt Moreno is going to be a great backup.

Moreno/Olsen

Seventh round...FWP was somehow still there. I couldn't pass that up kind of value, even if I had no need for the guy.

After that, I started mixing in defensive guys. I took Garrard, Donald Brown, Mason, Chester Taylor fairly late.

My offensive team:

McNabb, Garrard (start 1)

Bush, SJax, FWP, Moreno, Donald Brown, Chester Taylor (start 2)

AJ, Mason, Earl Bennett, Nicks (start 3)

Olsen (start 1)

I had intended to go Moss/Brady in the first, but those guys went early.

So I guess you guys are right - Reggie is actually falling! Wr's went fast, but if I did the draft over again I would have done it pretty much the same way. I could've taken Royal over McNabb, but I didn't think that was the best value. I'll have to hope my rb's blow up and I can trade for a guy else I'll start ww folk each week.

I hope this helps give some vague idea on where these players are falling.

:topcat: If I had this team, I'd be bummed out...Ray Rice and Wes Welker? That's when you lost. No one available here ? McFadden, Pierre Thomas? Thomas Jones? Ray Rice at 3.12 is a major reach in my opinion.Your starting WRs are Wes Welker and Santonio Holmes. You could have had Brees and Megatron...then come back with 2 RBs...then got someone very similar to Wes Welker or Santonio Holmes later....Draft on Saturday, no PPR, no flex, TE required...I want to go QB / WR, but if Brady and Brees are gone (I fully expect them to be - along with Moss and Fitzy), I'm thinking RB/WR. Is 2.1 too early for A. Rodgers? Michael Wilbon took him in round 1, and called him this years MVP. I'm not convinced Chris Johnson is the pick here...nor Slaton....So Megatron and Rodgers? I'm very nervous. RODGERS OVER MANNING you say? I'm afraid so. And I'm a Bears fan from Chicago....I'm sickened by this thought...Then I think RB/RB....Westbrook is going to be there...as is Slaton and Chris Johnson. I'm a mess. I have 2 days, and I still have no idea. Someone please convince me that Slaton or Chris Johnson are worth these picks! :boxing:
I draft tomorrow in a league where Brees and Brady will also definitely be gone round 1...Peyton might as well.Unfortunately I do agree with you that Slaton and Chris J. are not worth 12/13. I also don't think Rodgers is worth 2.1. In mocks I've done, and in the couple of real drafts I've done, Rodgers/Rivers have slid to the 3/4 turn. I've pretty well convinced myself I have to go either RB/WR or WR/WR at 12/13. I HAVE to get one of the big 4 wrs at least, knowing that there'll be quite a bit of RB value at the 3/4 turn. If Deangelo or Ladanian somehow slip to 12, I'll grab one and one of the wrs. If those two are already gone, that most likely means I get my choice of 2 of Moss/Andre/Calvin. Then I go either RB/Rodgers or Rivers at the 3/4, or RB/RB if Rodgers/Rivers are gone and I grab probably the 12th qb off the board at the 5/6 (I almost think I'm destined to get Schaub on every team this year). What's I'd LIKE to see is a first six picks like this (and that is at least fairly likely):DeAngeloAndreRodgersK. SmithRay RiceVince Jackson or Desean JacksonBut worst case, I think I can still get this:AndreCalvinPierre ThomasK. SmithRay RiceSchaubDriverI could live with that, even though it's not my preferred outcome.
12 team, no ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr/te, k, d...all tds 6 w/ distance bonuses. QBs went FAST.Ended up somewhere in the middle, I think:Deangelo WilliamsAndre JohnsonTJ HoushClinton PortisPierre ThomasMatt SchaubMatt HasselbeckDerrick MasonLeon WashingtonPackers DPercy HarvinDavid GarrardTynesJermichael FinleySchaub, Hasselbeck, GarrardDeangelo, Portis, Thomas, WashingtonAndre, Housh, Mason, Henry, Harvin, FinleyTynesPackWe are required to carry a TE, and though we're not required to play them their scoring is weighted to encourage it - I missed out on Clark by one pick and then punted the position; Finley's a flier. Feeling pretty good about the Houston and Seattle connections, and if somehow both Schaub and Hass break down Garrard was sweet value in the 13th as insurance. Wasn't excited about Portis, but he slid so far and I couldn't ignore him. By that point all of the other 11 teams had a qb so I took Portis and waited on Schaub.All in all pretty confident that this team, if healthy, will challenge for a title.

My draft is in my sig line but its a standard points league, my ppr league I drafted 4th so that doesnt really help. I almost always go WR/WR first 2 rounds, and have had really good luck with it (won both leagues last year). My PPR league this year MJD fell to me at 4 so I had to take him as I liked him at #1, otherwise I would've grabbed Andre Johnson their. Last years draft I went WR/WR in my ppr league, Moss and Edwards :no: , both had down years but managed to win still. RB's always seem to have good value, last year I got Turner, Slayton, Forte, and Hightower. Obviously this year those guys arnt possible to draft because of the year they all had last year, with exception of hightower. But this year guys like Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, McFadden, Ronnie Brown, Felix Jones, Fred Jackson, James Davis, and Lynch are all guys you can get from rounds 3 on. And I'd be willing to bet at least 3 of those guys will be 1st or 2cnd round picks next year.

Also I never draft a TE or QB before round 6 or 7, the later the better. I, unlike alot of the guys who have posted here, have had good luck with QBBC. QB's like Palmer, Matt Ryan, Schuabb for your first QB with a second of Hasselbeck or Cassel teir makes for decent QB play with huge increase at depth of WR or RB. TE I target are Owen Daniels, Shiancoe, Finley, Celek, Winslow.

Here is a list I made at targeted players before I went into the PPR draft (I was hoping I would be drafting in the 9-12 spot)

1. Larry Fitz

2. Jennings

3. Welker

4. Houshmanzadeh

5. Lynch

6. Donald Brown

7. Ray Rice

8. Felix Jones

9. Matt Ryan

10. Lesean Mc Coy

11. Fred Jackson

12. Josh Morgan

13. Shiancoe

ppr, 2-2-1+1 flex.thinking about going RB, WR, RB, RB, WR, TE
That too was my plan, to a point. But the way things worked out, I had to go in a different direction. Which is one of my lessons learned: what you do in the 12th spot will largely be determined by those around you, and for this reason, I don't know that you can go with a set plan. OR if you do, keep an eye on what is going on, and be ready to ditch the strategy when value creeps up elsewhere.In my draft, QB's and RB's went WAY earlier than they should have, leaving quite a bit of WR value. Most of my league thinks I am an idiot, for not following along. And to be fair to them, I am not entirely happy with my team, particularly given my weakness in RB. The league plays 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR, 1 Flex, and the usual TE / Def / K... usually I like to have an RB in the flex position, but that's not the way it is going to work out this year.My draft went thusly:1.12 Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD - Surprised he fell so far. Not that I wanted him, but couldn't pass on him, either.2.1 Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI - 3rd WR chosen, after AJ and Moss.3.12 Witten, Jason TE DAL - Every mock I did, DD suggested this pick. And try as I might, I couldn't mock a better team by doing otherwise. So I gave in. 4.1 Bowe, Dwayne WR KC - And with a Witten / Bowe turn, the catcalls began. OTOH, we were already into Willie Parker / Felix Jones territory on the RB's, so this seemed like the value pick.5.12 Edwards, Braylon WR CLE - Not a huge fan, but Edwards as a WR3?6.1 Moreno, Knowshon RB DEN7.12 Cutler, Jay QB CHI - Cutler was the #9 QB taken (HELL, Hasselbeck and Warner were already gone), and since I wanted to QBBC, I made the move here.8.1 Brown, Donald RB IND - Addai owner was pissed. Shoulda taken him earlier. But this is the price I paid for going heavy on WR's... I have to stream Moreno / Brown as RB2.9.12 Roethlisberger, Ben QB PIT10.1 Holt, Torry WR JAC11.12 Eagles DST12.1 Taylor, Fred RB NE13.12 Kaeding, Nate K SD14.1 Charles, Jamaal RB KC15.12 Cowboys DSTThis isn't the team I wanted or anticipated, but it'll play. Would be happy to answer any questions, but I am not narcissistic enough to think anyone will have any. Others sharing their experiences provided useful information for me, so I wanted to chime in as well.

ppr, 2-2-1+1 flex.

thinking about going RB, WR, RB, RB, WR, TE
That too was my plan, to a point. But the way things worked out, I had to go in a different direction. Which is one of my lessons learned: what you do in the 12th spot will largely be determined by those around you, and for this reason, I don't know that you can go with a set plan. OR if you do, keep an eye on what is going on, and be ready to ditch the strategy when value creeps up elsewhere.
absolutely. i just wanted to make sure i had some idea of what to try instead of flying blind.

Users who are viewing this thread