What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2007 Chicago Cubs thread! (1 Viewer)

help me out here. are we supposed to be rooting for the cardinals or the brewers in this series? :thumbup:
The Brewers, obviously. They have struggled since their hot start, while the Cardinals are playing well right now. If the Cardinals starters somehow keep pitching pretty good and the offense keeps cooking, the Cardinals will probably, somehow, inexplicably, win the division. They might win it with an 82-80 record or something, but given how crappy the Cubs and Brewers look right now, that is all it might take.

Something tells me that the Cubs are going to fall apart and Louie and Big Z ar going to have a Battle Royale. Cards going away w this division fast if the Cubs cannot get it together this week. If the Cubs lose 4 of their next 6 they are going to sink.

Something tells me that the Cubs are going to fall apart and Louie and Big Z ar going to have a Battle Royale. Cards going away w this division fast if the Cubs cannot get it together this week. If the Cubs lose 4 of their next 6 they are going to sink.
Didn't think the loss of Soriano would be THIS bad, but they have had some spectacularly disgraceful losses during his absence.

Power Monster said:
That is CRAZY money! Big Z has gotta be house shopping!
from the article:
a full no-trade clause for five years and gets a $5 million signing bonus. If he finishes first or second in Cy Young Award voting in 2011 or finishes in the top four in Cy Young balloting in 2012, he has the option for a sixth year at $19.25 million.

I'm glad the Cubs locked him up. It reminds me of when Kerry Wood was young. Everybody thought he would be leaving because he was too good for the Cubs to keep, given their history. But he always said he loved Chicago and wanted to stay with the Cubs forever. Nobody believed him. Of course, he started getting injured before he could prove that he was being honest. But I believed him.

It's also easy to say "Well, Z had 18 million other reasons to do this and he doesn't give a crap about being in Chicago." But he'd have made more on the FA market.

Anyway ... FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!! :towelwave:

(It ain't pretty, but we're there. lol).

I enjoyed my week away, and am glad to see the Cubs righting the ship, in the last three games, reclaiiming first even after a crappy week. It's also nice to put a little room between us and the Cards.

:cool: to first place. Let's keep winning .

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain Rain go away........

Sat in the stands for the 2 hour delay last night....wet and drunk

It was awesome.

The Cubs blew several big chances this weekend. :wall:

The hitting is just flat out sucks again. :lmao: There was very little timely hitting in the whole damn series. I hope the day off on Monday helps.

Big series with the Brewers this week.

The Cards comeback and win the series against the Braves, huge for them.

It would be a whole lot easier on me if they (Cubs) could reel off about seven straight.

Hopefully Soriano can spark them, and I hope he's not coming back to soon.

WHEW !! How about scoring a bunch of runs earlier in the damn game. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly take the win, but my ticker ain't exactly a spring chicken. It can't take a whole bunch more. I hate these damn close games, it seems like they are all like that now. Oh well.......

:banned:

:no:

The Cards baby! Kill them and you go to the Show. The Brewers are toast. Only the curse can save them so do not rule that out!

When will this team learn how to hit a ####### baseball ?

They look like a bunch of ####### #####'s.

Well that was dumb.

I just turned in my field box tix from the STL rain out game a few weeks ago. I can't make it to the make up game on the 10th(week day game)

I just wanted to get my $$$ back.

Well, I just checked on stubhub, and the seats in my area are selling between $210-$250 a piece.

CRAP!!!!!

I could have sold my 4 seats for a grand...... :) :lmao: :banned:

live and learn I guess.

:thumbup:

:excited:

:excited:

Just an outstanding night to be a Cub fan.

A big :lmao: to Ted Lilly for holding them close, after a horrible start.

Carlos Marmol is a ####### beast. His stuff is FILTHY. :goodposting:

Dempster took another year off of my life with his outing tonight.

And, the ####### hitting woke up out of a deep sleep tonight. :lmao:

What do you think the chances are that Marmol closes next year?
Tough call here.Dempster is signed through next year, and really, in save situations, does a pretty damn good job. He may not be your prototypical

closer, but he's not bad at all.

Marmol & Howry are under contract for next year also.

I love the situation as it is, if the starters go six, the bullpen is nails, and Marmol in the seventh and sometimes sixth is a HUGE part of that success. With that being said though, I think you have to give him a shot at it. Maybe Wood could take over the seventh

inning chores ? Then again, why mess with success ?

:clap:

Just an outstanding night to be a Cub fan.

A big :thumbup: to Ted Lilly for holding them close, after a horrible start.

Carlos Marmol is a ####### beast. His stuff is FILTHY. ;)

Dempster took another year off of my life with his outing tonight.

And, the ####### hitting woke up out of a deep sleep tonight. :pickle:
i wouldnt exactly call 5 runs waking up, but ill take it none the less

What do you think the chances are that Marmol closes next year?
Tough call here.Dempster is signed through next year, and really, in save situations, does a pretty damn good job. He may not be your prototypical

closer, but he's not bad at all.

Marmol & Howry are under contract for next year also.

I love the situation as it is, if the starters go six, the bullpen is nails, and Marmol in the seventh and sometimes sixth is a HUGE part of that success. With that being said though, I think you have to give him a shot at it. Maybe Wood could take over the seventh

inning chores ? Then again, why mess with success ?
i also think dempster begins the year as closer. theres a chance marmol takes over at some point. but from all i heard is that dempster is a clubhouse favorite. maybe if eyre regains his form from last year, then i oculd see marmol closing.

The suspense is killing me. Just keep getting this nagging feeling that at what point is "the curse" going to kick in. Otherwise, we are looking good. The Brewers and Cardinals are both struggling. Just gotta watch out for that #&@% goat.

That was a fun series; I hope we meet again in the playoffs. I also hope that no more ridiculous calls like that third strike on Hart help determine anymore outcomes.

KingPrawn said:
The suspense is killing me. Just keep getting this nagging feeling that at what point is "the curse" going to kick in. Otherwise, we are looking good. The Brewers and Cardinals are both struggling. Just gotta watch out for that #&@% goat.
Stop it. If the Cubs do not win the division, it will be because they weren't good enough, not because of some silly curse or a billy goat. You Cubs fans really need to get a grip. :thumbup:
That was a fun series; I hope we meet again in the playoffs.
Who, the Cubs and the Brewers?!?!?!?!

Wow bringing Steve Trachsel back home. I really like this move at this point in the season, other than the fact that the games will probaly be an half hour longer when Trax takes the mound. Brings another meaning to resting the bullpen :lol: .

Gotta love what's going on right now. I am just glad we've started winning one-run games like today instead of losing them all like in the first couple of months. Let's hope Hill can pull the rubber game tomorrow.

I have a funny feeling that coughing up all that money for the headcase that is Big Z just killed the season. This team is dead!

Users who are viewing this thread