What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2007 Chicago Cubs thread! (1 Viewer)

Lou has lost it. Completely.

WTF is Jason Marquis doing pinch running given the following:

1) He's the starting pitcher the NEXT day.

2) It's September - there were at least 6 position players that could pinch run - including Mike Fontenot and Matt Murton (not to mention a few players who are just called up)

3) The Cubs were up 4 runs.

4) It was RAINING.

Now, don't get me wrong - I like Marquis and think he's a good athlete, but this wasn't an extra inning game with only the backup catcher left on the bench. Someone please make sure Lou get's his meds.

Lou has lost it. Completely.WTF is Jason Marquis doing pinch running given the following:1) He's the starting pitcher the NEXT day.2) It's September - there were at least 6 position players that could pinch run - including Mike Fontenot and Matt Murton (not to mention a few players who are just called up)3) The Cubs were up 4 runs.4) It was RAINING.Now, don't get me wrong - I like Marquis and think he's a good athlete, but this wasn't an extra inning game with only the backup catcher left on the bench. Someone please make sure Lou get's his meds.
It's the curse of the goat, I tell ya. I was thinking the same thing.

I have a funny feeling that coughing up all that money for the headcase that is Big Z just killed the season. This team is dead!
:goodposting:
well maybe, but this season would have been dead long ago if Z never went on that run he did a while back. he almost single handedly brought us back in it.
No way I am buying that one.
what arent you buying? that from june 6th to aug 3rd, zambrano went 9-2 in 12 starts? only giving up more than 2 runs (he gave up 3)once. i dont see what there is not to buy. :rant:

I have a funny feeling that coughing up all that money for the headcase that is Big Z just killed the season. This team is dead!
:hophead:
well maybe, but this season would have been dead long ago if Z never went on that run he did a while back. he almost single handedly brought us back in it.
what arent you buying? that from june 6th to aug 3rd, zambrano went 9-2 in 12 starts? only giving up more than 2 runs (he gave up 3)once. i dont see what there is not to buy. :lmao:
OK Big Z did it all- he drove in the runs, he made the outs in the outfield, he scouted the other teams, he came out of the bull pen, he did it all- never mind the rest of the team. And now that Big Z has been tearing it up lately the team should be 5 up BUT WAIT- they are in for the fight of their lives. Like I said- not buying it.....

Power Monster said:
:unsure:
what arent you buying? that from june 6th to aug 3rd, zambrano went 9-2 in 12 starts? only giving up more than 2 runs (he gave up 3)once. i dont see what there is not to buy. :confused:
OK Big Z did it all- he drove in the runs, he made the outs in the outfield, he scouted the other teams, he came out of the bull pen, he did it all- never mind the rest of the team. And now that Big Z has been tearing it up lately the team should be 5 up BUT WAIT- they are in for the fight of their lives. Like I said- not buying it.....
Who asked you.

Power Monster said:
boom king said:
:lmao:
what arent you buying? that from june 6th to aug 3rd, zambrano went 9-2 in 12 starts? only giving up more than 2 runs (he gave up 3)once. i dont see what there is not to buy. :thumbup:
i think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. i just think you're not giving zambrano enough credit for his role in bringing the cubs within a chance for the playoff. but on the other hand, he could have been a little better before and after his only 2 good months of the season.

:goodposting:
what arent you buying? that from june 6th to aug 3rd, zambrano went 9-2 in 12 starts? only giving up more than 2 runs (he gave up 3)once. i dont see what there is not to buy. :eek:
i think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. i just think you're not giving zambrano enough credit for his role in bringing the cubs within a chance for the playoff. but on the other hand, he could have been a little better before and after his only 2 good months of the season.
That's cool. I just think the team played well in that stretch as a whole. I will maintain it is about team first. So, if you had to give the ball to one guy on this staff would it be Big Z? Last game of the year. Playoff with the Brewers- Big Z?

Pay attention
Why? You have nothing to say.Oh yea.........another solid win tonight. :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup:
Typical loud mouth Cub fan that talks a big game when the team wins. Weak. Go have your bar stool banters with someone else.....
You are funny :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Talk a big game? Typical Cub fan? LOLUnlike you(who roots for whoever wins) I'm a CUB fan, and will be one when you move onto your next favorite team...........that means win or lose.........I'll still be a Cub fan.What was the definition of Power Monster again?

Cute junior. For the record I am a WS fan but would rather see any team in the MW win then the east or west coast but then again the bravado you toss around here is just plain silly and like I said there are cool Cub fans and then there are the loud mouths like you. You seem all proud to interfere with others that want a discussion and eager to defend a baseball thread on a football board with some lame gusto. Great. Have a good time and like I said go have yer barstool banter with someone else. Ohhhh and I must have pretty good power if you come up to the big hill and try to take on the Big King but I do not waste time with drama queens.... I love ignore. See ya.....

Last edited by a moderator:
:penalty:
what arent you buying? that from june 6th to aug 3rd, zambrano went 9-2 in 12 starts? only giving up more than 2 runs (he gave up 3)once. i dont see what there is not to buy. :mellow:
That's cool. I just think the team played well in that stretch as a whole. I will maintain it is about team first. So, if you had to give the ball to one guy on this staff would it be Big Z? Last game of the year. Playoff with the Brewers- Big Z?
well yes, definately. hes got the greatest chance to dominate. and if hes off, you can always get him outta there real quick.

Cute junior. For the record I am a WS fan but would rather see any team in the MW win then the east or west coast but then again the bravado you toss around here is just plain silly and like I said there are cool Cub fans and then there are the loud mouths like you. You seem all proud to interfere with others that want a discussion and eager to defend a baseball thread on a football board with some lame gusto. Great. Have a good time and like I said go have yer barstool banter with someone else. Ohhhh and I must have pretty good power if you come up to the big hill and try to take on the Big King but I do not waste time with drama queens.... I love ignore. See ya.....
:mirror:

Power Monster said:
For the record, you're a windsock, a racist and a fool. You being a White Sox fan is debatable at best.Also, Big King?What exaclty are you the Big King of, midwest baseball fans?

Power Monster said:
For the record, you're a windsock, a racist and a fool. You being a White Sox fan is debatable at best.Also, Big King?What exaclty are you the Big King of, midwest baseball fans?
:IBTL: but he did kinda rhyme. i will give him credit for that. :unsure:

OK, as most of you all know,I've been in Dempster's corner all along, until now

After games as of late I can't trust this SOB anymore. I don't know if it's ever been done this late in a season, but they need to try someone else. I'd give Marmol a chance. Thoughts ?

I was hoping for him tonight instead of Howry. Marmol let's hardly any inherited runners to score.

Whew !

OK, as most of you all know,I've been in Dempster's corner all along, until now

After games as of late I can't trust this SOB anymore. I don't know if it's ever been done this late in a season, but they need to try someone else. I'd give Marmol a chance. Thoughts ?

I was hoping for him tonight instead of Howry. Marmol let's hardly any inherited runners to score.

Whew !
I'd like to see Marmol too, but his value is sky high as the set up guy now.......he can pitch 2+ innings, and still get the job done.

For the record, you're a windsock, a racist and a fool.

Calling someone a racist is quite a statement. They call that slander or defamation of character. You have harrassed me thru e-mail before and now you are calling me a racist. Seems quite desperate for a guy that has a difference of opinion about a game. Now that is a loser in my book. A bully? You think you are a bully? You are nothing but the mere semen stain on the bed sheet of life son.....

Calling someone a racist is quite a statement. They call that slander or defamation of character. You have harrassed me thru e-mail before and now you are calling me a racist. Seems quite desperate for a guy that has a difference of opinion about a game. Now that is a loser in my book. A bully? You think you are a bully? You are nothing but the mere semen stain on the bed sheet of life son.....
Serious Business ®And for the record, I did not harass you through email. The site is set up to inform you, by email, when certain things happen (IE PMs). You have the ability to turn this off, so if you don't like getting emails about the actions on this board that prompt an email to you I highly suggest you use the one ounce of brains you have and do it.

Serious Business ®And for the record, I did not harass you through email. The site is set up to inform you, by email, when certain things happen (IE PMs). You have the ability to turn this off, so if you don't like getting emails about the actions on this board that prompt an email to you I highly suggest you use the one ounce of brains you have and do it.
And if you don't think that repeatedly calling an african-american man a nickname with the word "boy" (In this case Kennyboy)being part of it is not racist then saying you have an ounce is giving you a little too much credit.

Green94 said:
I still think the Cubs win this division.
This team is much better than a .500 record (through 80 games).6.5 back at the turn.... I still think they can do it.7-5 against Milwaukee this year with 3 games left against them.
Well this one is over, I wish I would have made some money off of it.
i got in when they were 3-1. but they still havent won anything yet, nor have i. here to the cubs! :banned: :thumbup:

This team is much better than a .500 record (through 80 games).6.5 back at the turn.... I still think they can do it.

7-5 against Milwaukee this year with 3 games left against them.
:lmao: It SHOULD be, with the Cubs playing well, and with the Brewers very tough schedule. But being a Cub fan for over forty years, NOTHING is over and done with until everything is in the books.

Another great win today, good pitching and great hitting. :lmao:

:) :pickle:

This team is much better than a .500 record (through 80 games).6.5 back at the turn.... I still think they can do it.

7-5 against Milwaukee this year with 3 games left against them.
:lmao: It SHOULD be, with the Cubs playing well, and with the Brewers very tough schedule. But being a Cub fan for over forty years, NOTHING is over and done with until everything is in the books.

Another great win today, good pitching and great hitting. :goodposting:

:hifive: :hifive:
It's over.Cubs are firing on all cylinders.

Users who are viewing this thread