What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2013/2014 NHL Regular Season Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Parros goes at it with Orr and Parros goes face first into the ice - does not look good.

Strecher on the ice

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, hands were tied up and he couldn't brace himself. Hit the ice with his face/chin. Orr knew it, and called for help right away.

Hope he's ok

Good point from Jim Hughson, this division is loaded with fighters. Red Wings might need reinforcements.

3 games today and 3 games tomorrow is a pretty lackluster way to start the season. NHL season should be starting on a Thursday or Saturday with a full slate of games.

I'd like to complain about that PP series, but obviously the only reason the Caps are in this game is because of their PP.

I hate that call on Sharp after he clearly got bumped into Holtby by a Caps player (Green?), but that was a really dumb delay of game penalty to follow up with.

Crawford came up huge in the end to bail them out. Nice effort from Hossa on the insurance goal too.

I hate that call on Sharp after he clearly got bumped into Holtby by a Caps player (Green?), but that was a really dumb delay of game penalty to follow up with.

Crawford came up huge in the end to bail them out. Nice effort from Hossa on the insurance goal too.
Nordstrom's first NHL game. He was solid at even strength but struggled on the PK. Crow was great last night, can't really fault him on the PPG allowed, some of those shots were just rockets. Grabovski is a great pickup by the Caps, he played a great game.

Very entertaining game last night in Chicago and they earned the 2 points without any doubts.

5 on 5 play from the Caps has been a sore spot for this team for quite a while now and stuck up it's ugly head last night.The PP was fantastic and seeing Grabovski go to the front of the net for 2 deflection goals was a thing of beauty,as a Caps fan we rarely see this.

Holtby was not on his game and the 5th goal was about as weak as you can get.Just looked like he took it for granted he was gonna get a glove on it and cost the team at least a point.The D really didn't do him many favors either all night but that is one you have to stop.

Carrick showed his age last night but that's to be expected from a kid playing in his first game against the Cup champs.

The Caps still lack that big,physical D-man who can be counted on for top 4 minutes.I love Erskine and his heart and effort but he has no business playing top 4 minutes.

Hawks fans,enjoy that win because they earned it.

Flyers sitting Laughton in favor Jay Rosehill.

:doh: :wall:
If that is an indication he is going to be shipped back to juniors then I'm all for it. He isn't ready to contribute a ton and there isn't room for him to contribute a lot. Being a 4th line center or forcing him to try to play the wing won't help him and with Lavy on the hot seat, he could be in the dog house pretty quickly. Not to mention, burning up a year on his entry level contract.

Ship him back. Let Hall be your 4th line C and bring up Raffl or VandeVelde.

So is Center Ice actually going to be carrying Flyers' feeds from CSN Philly this year? I thought they had closed the terrestrial loophole but the feeds were still absent last year (at least on DTV). I'm seeing multiple channels for Flyers games on the Center Ice schedule (except for the first couple games vs Canadian teams).
So hell really hasn't frozen over. Nothing but TSN SD for Flyers-Leafs on Directv Center Ice.

JaxBill said:
So is Center Ice actually going to be carrying Flyers' feeds from CSN Philly this year? I thought they had closed the terrestrial loophole but the feeds were still absent last year (at least on DTV). I'm seeing multiple channels for Flyers games on the Center Ice schedule (except for the first couple games vs Canadian teams).
So hell really hasn't frozen over. Nothing but TSN SD for Flyers-Leafs on Directv Center Ice.
what's the deal with this? Was annoying trying to watch the game tonight in SD only.

Hope he's ok

Good point from Jim Hughson, this division is loaded with fighters. Red Wings might need reinforcements.
Wings don't fight and Western Conference teams would often sit their thugs vs Detroit because it did no good.

I'm hoping the Eastern Conference teams try to thug it up, because Detroit will be going to a ton of power plays and winning this division in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread