What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2013 Milwaukee Brewers Thread*** (1 Viewer)

So does Hunter Morris get a look at opening day 1B now?
He'll definitely get an extended look this spring at least. Ideally they would have liked to bring him up next year. I have a feeling he'll end up in AAA to get consistent at bats. The 1B position was only going to be a stop gap anyways until Corey Hart gets back in May. They'll probably duct tape a lineup together with a Taylor Green/Alex Gonzalez/Martin Maldonado type platoon until then.

He'll definitely get an extended look this spring at least. Ideally they would have liked to bring him up next year. I have a feeling he'll end up in AAA to get consistent at bats. The 1B position was only going to be a stop gap anyways until Corey Hart gets back in May. They'll probably duct tape a lineup together with a Taylor Green/Alex Gonzalez/Martin Maldonado type platoon until then.
Agree 100%.

Hope to see him some here in Nashville for sure.Still remember that year when guys like Braun and Prince were around...fun nights at the ballpark.

:goodposting:I'm just not too optimistic going into this season. However, baseball is back. When in doubt, just flip to a ball game.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:I'm just not too optimistic going into this season. However, baseball is back. When in doubt, just flip to a ball game.
Roenicke said today that Green will get the first shot at it.

Yeah, it's hard to envision much anything above .500. Relying on Estrada, Narveson, Fiers, Rodgers, Peralta et al to fill in a rotation behind Gallardo isn't very inspiring. Those guys have to continue to progress and pitch lights out.

Yeah, it's hard to envision much anything above .500. Relying on Estrada, Narveson, Fiers, Rodgers, Peralta et al to fill in a rotation behind Gallardo isn't very inspiring. Those guys have to continue to progress and pitch lights out.
Yeah...its one thing if you have a true true ace...Gallardo is more of a good #1 but not good enough to carry anything.

If, and it's a big IF, 3 of those pan out we could take down the division as well.Is Fiers a flash in the pan? Can Narveson/Estrada perform steadily as they have in the past? Can Peralta step up? Without question, our season hinges on our young pitching.

Braun went yard in his 1st at bat today. As a drooling homer, I'm reserving judgement, but, how does this not light a fire underneath this guy? He seems to overcome adversity quite well. Good for us fans. :shrug:

Interesting:

@Haudricourt - We are hearing Brewers are going to extend CF Carlos Gomez for four years at about $27.5 million. Details coming

Interesting:mad:Haudricourt - We are hearing Brewers are going to extend CF Carlos Gomez for four years at about $27.5 million. Details coming
Not terrible if you believe his power surge from 2012 is sustainable. His HR/FB% wasn't an obvious outlier, so maybe the power is legit.It would be nice if he could keep his OBP over .300 :bag:

'Eephus said:
'strykerpks said:
Interesting:mad:Haudricourt - We are hearing Brewers are going to extend CF Carlos Gomez for four years at about $27.5 million. Details coming
Not terrible if you believe his power surge from 2012 is sustainable. His HR/FB% wasn't an obvious outlier, so maybe the power is legit.It would be nice if he could keep his OBP over .300 :bag:
Looks like it's actually a 3 year extension at $24MM ($7MM in '14, $8MM in '15 and $9MM in '16)He's no BJ Upton but as long as he isn't a Bill Hall type flash in the pan, his defense alone makes this relatively tolerable.

I couldn't wait - stopped by the box office yesterday and picked up 4 tickets to the exhibition tomorrow against the Whitesox. Looks like it'll be a good day to tailgate!

Nicely managed game there Ronnie. Game on the line, 2 outs tying run on 3rd, hey, lets pinch hit a pitcher! That'll fool em! Yea I know Ryan Braun has a boo boo, I'll put a diaper on him and let him sit instead of pinch hitting.

1-161, is this possible?

ffing pathetic

:rant: :hot:

Nicely managed game there Ronnie. Game on the line, 2 outs tying run on 3rd, hey, lets pinch hit a pitcher! That'll fool em! Yea I know Ryan Braun has a boo boo, I'll put a diaper on him and let him sit instead of pinch hitting.

1-161, is this possible?

ffing pathetic

Don't have a real problem there pinch hitting Loshe. His hands were kind of tied. We don't really know the status of Braun's health. I'm sure if he was healthy Braun would have hit. He was only on the on-deck circle to keep them from pitching around Weeks. Weeks has to put the ball in play there knowing that Braun is not healthy and you have a pitcher coming up to bat. With a runner on 3rd and one out, Weeks has to find a way to get him in.

If anything, Melvin and Roenicke deserve criticism for carrying an extra pitcher when they have an injured squad. He also deserves criticism for using Axford in a tie game. No way I bring Axford out for a 2nd inning knowing his troubles last year and so far this year. He was playing with fire in the 10th inning, much less the 11th. Until Axford can demonstrate he's turned it around he should only be used in mop up duty.

1-161, is this possible?

ffing pathetic

Don't have a real problem there pinch hitting Loshe. His hands were kind of tied. We don't really know the status of Braun's health. I'm sure if he was healthy Braun would have hit. He was only on the on-deck circle to keep them from pitching around Weeks. Weeks has to put the ball in play there knowing that Braun is not healthy and you have a pitcher coming up to bat. With a runner on 3rd and one out, Weeks has to find a way to get him in.

If anything, Melvin and Roenicke deserve criticism for carrying an extra pitcher when they have an injured squad. He also deserves criticism for using Axford in a tie game. No way I bring Axford out for a 2nd inning knowing his troubles last year and so far this year. He was playing with fire in the 10th inning, much less the 11th. Until Axford can demonstrate he's turned it around he should only be used in mop up duty.
I agree with a lot of what you said here. Weeks constantly strikes out LOOKING with men on base. Just horrible. He has to stop "looking" for pitches with 2 strikes and swing at anything close.

As to Braun not pinch hitting, well he's in the lineup today, so yea, he could have hit yesterday. For crying out loud Nancy, get out there and take a cut.

So disgusted with this team.

Ready to fire Roenecke and nearly ready to join the "Done Club"

:bag:
To be fair, not many clubs could handle the injuries and underperformance issues the Brewers have faced so far this season. If they can survive until Hart and Ramirez return, it could be an above average offense. The pitching, not so much.

Eephus said:
Mr.Pack said:
So disgusted with this team.

Ready to fire Roenecke and nearly ready to join the "Done Club"

:bag:
To be fair, not many clubs could handle the injuries and underperformance issues the Brewers have faced so far this season. If they can survive until Hart and Ramirez return, it could be an above average offense. The pitching, not so much.
I agree with a lot of this. However, you brought Josh Prince up from the minors, your team is playing like crap, and he's sitting on the bench while Yuni is playing. Why? Why not bring Hunter Morris up to play 1B? If Melvin had been GM back in the 70s we never would have seen Robin Yount.

:wall:

6 in a row, back to .500

Are you off the ledge yet, Mr Pack?
What do you think of Gomez? Is he out of his early season funk or is this just a hot streak?
Tough to say. He's 27 now so he could just be finally maturing and putting it together. He seemed to be much improved last year, especially late, so hopefully it's a sign of a new Carlos Gomez. I don't see him hitting >.300 and slugging .500 all season though.

6 in a row, back to .500

Meh, never was on it to begin with. I just get aggravated at stupidity. Roenicke is just not a good manager. His decisions are baffling at times, and they still suck at base running. I have never seen a professional team run the bases worse than the Brewers, ever.

Weeks batting 4th?? Ridiculous. He's a career .250 hitter, yea he can be our clean-up hitter!

6 in a row, back to .500

Meh, never was on it to begin with. I just get aggravated at stupidity. Roenicke is just not a good manager. His decisions are baffling at times, and they still suck at base running. I have never seen a professional team run the bases worse than the Brewers, ever.

Weeks batting 4th?? Ridiculous. He's a career .250 hitter, yea he can be our clean-up hitter!
Who would you like to see hit 4th? I know it's not ideal but I don't think they really have many other options at this point. I'm hoping once Ramirez gets back Roenicke moves Weeks to 7th or 8th. Or even sits him for Bettencort or Gonzalez occassionally.

6 in a row, back to .500

Who would you like to see hit 4th? I know it's not ideal but I don't think they really have many other options at this point. I'm hoping once Ramirez gets back Roenicke moves Weeks to 7th or 8th. Or even sits him for Bettencort or Gonzalez occassionally.
With Ramirez out this is the order I'd like to see:

1- Segura

2- Aoki

3- Braun

4- Lucroy

5- Gomez

6- Betancourt

7- Weeks

8- Gonzalez (Since RR is intent on plying this loser)

9- Pitcher

Lucroy can handle the 4, Weeks just is not a good hitter and never has been. Lifetime .250ish

Users who are viewing this thread