What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2014 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread** (2 Viewers)

16 team .5PPR with IDP.

Team A that is 4-16 but does not own first gives up Randall Cobb, Kendall Wright, Jared Allen and 4.1

Team B is a contender and gives DeAndre Hopkins, Ziggy Ansah and Later 1st(9-11 range but could be worse as anything can happen in playoffs)

16 team .5PPR with IDP.

Team A that is 4-16 but does not own first gives up Randall Cobb, Kendall Wright, Jared Allen and 4.1

Team B is a contender and gives DeAndre Hopkins, Ziggy Ansah and Later 1st(9-11 range but could be worse as anything can happen in playoffs)
I would make that deal if I was spiralling down with Cobb on my team.

I like Hopkins and Ansah looks pretty legit

16 team .5PPR with IDP.

That's a terrible trade.

maxhyde said:
Milkman said:
6 point passing TD Start 1 QB

Gave Cutler

Received Foles
As bad as he has looked...still Cutler

Crippler said:
16 team 1/2 PPR league

Contender gives Cody Latimer, late 2nd

Rebuild gives Torrey Smith
Good deal for both. Torrey has picked it up a bit of late.Latimer might be a nice player but he isn't going to help anyone this year
Devil's advocate, He's an injury away from being a WR2 in the most prolific offense of all time

16 team .5PPR with IDP.

I would make that deal if I was spiralling down with Cobb on my team.I like Hopkins and Ansah looks pretty legit
Really? I don't see any real reason to value Hopkins over either of those guys, nevermind both. I think this is an owner panicking and wanting to get a 1st (and even the 1st seems like it will be late).

12 team PPR Start 10: 1 QB/2-3RB/3-5WR/1-3TE/1DST

A Gives: M. Ryan + A. Blue

B Gives: 2015 1st + Storm Johnson

context:

A is rebuilding, has Foles and Carr leftover at QB, now has two 2015 1sts (early, late) & two 2015 2nds (both early).

B is a contender with Kaep and Orton at QB, Arian Foster owner, & now has the following 2015 picks: 2nd (late), 2015 4th (early), 2015 4th (late)

16 team .5PPR with IDP.

I would make that deal if I was spiralling down with Cobb on my team.I like Hopkins and Ansah looks pretty legit
Really? I don't see any real reason to value Hopkins over either of those guys, nevermind both. I think this is an owner panicking and wanting to get a 1st (and even the 1st seems like it will be late).
Not sure I would value Hopkins over Cobb either but Wright is a late 1st kind of player to me and Ansah is much better than Allen and 4.1 for whatever IDP is worth.

Devil's advocate: If Cobb chases the money to OAK or another passing wasteland Hopkins will look like a steal...at least until the season starts

context:

A is rebuilding, has Foles and Carr leftover at QB, now has two 2015 1sts (early, late) & two 2015 2nds (both early).

B is a contender with Kaep and Orton at QB, Arian Foster owner, & now has the following 2015 picks: 2nd (late), 2015 4th (early), 2015 4th (late)
Honestly in a 12 team start-1 QB league I love getting a 1st for Ryan. Great use of available resources in a rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team .5PPR with IDP.

Not sure I would value Hopkins over Cobb either but Wright is a late 1st kind of player to me and Ansah is much better than Allen and 4.1 for whatever IDP is worth.Devil's advocate: If Cobb chases the money to OAK or another passing wasteland Hopkins will look like a steal...at least until the season starts
You could be right, I've never been a Hopkins guy so I could be biased.

These two just went down in same league

Two contenders: Both leading their respective divisions.

DeMarco Murray, Terrance Williams, 2015 4

For

Lynch, Michael, 2015 3

Number 2

ADP, Wayne

For

RG3, Damien Williams, 2015 1 (7-10)

I actually misread a trade that I posted earlier... I originally posted:

Alshon Jeffery for 2 2015 firsts (both in the 5-7 range)

it was actually

Alshon for 2 (estimated) top 6 2015 1sts + Cordarelle Patterson

12 team PPR

Last edited by a moderator:

Alshon Jeffery for 2 (estimated) Top 6 2015 1sts

it was actually

12 team PPR
The CP side.

Alshon Jeffery for 2 (estimated) Top 6 2015 1sts

it was actually

12 team PPR
The CP side.
Edited again, i really pooched hkw this trade worked out, as this league has odd draft pick seeding rules

Both picks will be in the 5-7 range of the first-round

context:

Same league

A: gives Derek Carr

C: gives: 2015 3rd.

context:

Same league

Carr.

16 team IDP league

A gives: Tom Brady, Clay Matthews

B gives: Carson Palmer, Victor Cruz, Datone Jones

16 team IDP league

YOu got to do alot better than that if you are throwing the season and setting someone else up for the playoffs. Where is the young stuff or even picks. Why take on a QB that is less than Brady a year from now by quite a bit and a WR who wont be the #1 guy in NY anymore and a crap D player. Matthews coming on. This trade is terrible. Get a Carr, Cody Latimer and 1st instead.

16 team IDP league

YOu got to do alot better than that if you are throwing the season and setting someone else up for the playoffs. Where is the young stuff or even picks. Why take on a QB that is less than Brady a year from now by quite a bit and a WR who wont be the #1 guy in NY anymore and a crap D player. Matthews coming on. This trade is terrible. Get a Carr, Cody Latimer and 1st instead.
:shrug: wasn't my trade.

Frankly, getting a top 30ish WR for a QB in this league is hard to do. IIRC, you're quite familiar with this league.

I do agree that I'd want the guys you listed instead, but sometimes those deals aren't workable.

context:

Honestly in a 12 team start-1 QB league I love getting a 1st for Ryan. Great use of available resources in a rebuild.
Agreed

context:

Same league

That's a nice vulture job. C sees A getting Ryan to go with Kaep and low on picks, swoops in and snags Carr for what, less than what he was drafted at probably? Carr's value can only go up, and if they get him a real WR or a system that's got some rhyme to the reason of chucking it up 40 times a game look out.

Same league

That's a nice vulture job. C sees A getting Ryan to go with Kaep and low on picks, swoops in and snags Carr for what, less than what he was drafted at probably? Carr's value can only go up, and if they get him a real WR or a system that's got some rhyme to the reason of chucking it up 40 times a game look out.
I think it's cheap, but Carr was a mid-late 3rd rookie pick.

Same league

he went undrafted in this league, which further shows how much QB is valued in this particular league.

I am team A in both these deals. I actually didn't mean to deal both QBs. I had both deals sent out hoping to deal one of the QBs. After the Matt Ryan deal was accepted, I forgot to pull the Derek Carr deal and it was accepted as well. So now I have to ride the rest of the season out with Vick/Stanton/or McCown/Glennon from the ww and hope Foles gets his job back in 2015. I do like Carr, but I think I'll be ok in the long run with one of the 2015 rookie QBs that I like better.

Just made this one in a 12 team TE premium PPR league.

I'm the defending points total and league champ, in a 2 team race for the points title this year and a tight division race with the same team I'm competing with for the points title.

I just traded away AJ Green and got Demaryius Thomas and my own 2nd round pick back

My pick could be anywhere from 2.12 if I win the league to 2.08 if I lose the division lead and get upset in the first round.

I simply didn't want to trust Green's foot down the stretch, and Demaryius is one of about 2 WRs in the NFL who I could see making this move for.

FFDude23 said:
cstu said:
Hankmoody said:
FFDude23 said:
Same league

he went undrafted in this league, which further shows how much QB is valued in this particular league.I am team A in both these deals. I actually didn't mean to deal both QBs. I had both deals sent out hoping to deal one of the QBs. After the Matt Ryan deal was accepted, I forgot to pull the Derek Carr deal and it was accepted as well. So now I have to ride the rest of the season out with Vick/Stanton/or McCown/Glennon from the ww and hope Foles gets his job back in 2015. I do like Carr, but I think I'll be ok in the long run with one of the 2015 rookie QBs that I like better.
Don't mind it for you at all. Loved the Ryan deal and don't think Carr is a guy you want to pin your future QB1 hopes on. You don't need a good QB when you're rebuilding, if anything it artificially inflates your weekly scoring which is a detriment. I'm not saying to tank, but I'm saying that you can easily fill your QB hole with a better win-now option than Carr when the rest of your roster is ripe for competing so this puts you in a better place to improve for the future.

12 team - PPR - Start 1q/2r/3w/1t

Team A receives: Julio Jones

Team B receives: Brandon Cooks, 2015 1st rd pick (Projected to be 1.07 or 1.08, 10% chance it's a lottery pick (1.01 through 1.06)), 2015 1st round pick (Projected to be a lottery pick)

Team A needs a WR1 and he has a solid contender for the year.

Team B is projected to miss the playoffs so he will have a lottery pick next year. Has a solid core of young WRs on his team (Evans, Odell, Latimer, Mike Floyd, Gordon) Could use RB help (only has Lacy and Lamar Miller, rest scrubs)

Who wins?

12 team Standard scoring

Team A: Lamar Miller, Mid/Late 2015 2nd

Team B: Emmanuel Sanders, Early 2015 3rd

I'm team A, and could have flipped Miller for Brandon Marshall straight up instead of this trade. Opted for Sanders because of health, and concerns over the Bears team in general.

FFDude23 said:
cstu said:
Hankmoody said:
FFDude23 said:
Same league

he went undrafted in this league, which further shows how much QB is valued in this particular league.

I am team A in both these deals. I actually didn't mean to deal both QBs. I had both deals sent out hoping to deal one of the QBs. After the Matt Ryan deal was accepted, I forgot to pull the Derek Carr deal and it was accepted as well. So now I have to ride the rest of the season out with Vick/Stanton/or McCown/Glennon from the ww and hope Foles gets his job back in 2015. I do like Carr, but I think I'll be ok in the long run with one of the 2015 rookie QBs that I like better.
I missed that you gave up both QB's, I read it as you added Ryan so dumped Carr. It's still a nice snipe by the other guy, if not a bit dirty to accept it like he did. How long had it been sitting? You'll easily be able to recover QB value with the picks you have available. Come draft day you'll get a low end QB1 with an early 3rd, especially if your league devalues QB's like that.

Team B receives: Brandon Cooks, 2015 1st rd pick (Projected to be 1.07 or 1.08, 10% chance it's a lottery pick (1.01 through 1.06)), 2015 1st round pick (Projected to be a lottery pick)

Team B is projected to miss the playoffs so he will have a lottery pick next year. Has a solid core of young WRs on his team (Evans, Odell, Latimer, Mike Floyd, Gordon) Could use RB help (only has Lacy and Lamar Miller, rest scrubs)

Who wins?
B, in my opinion. By a whole lot.

Who wins?
Slightly off topic, how do you do your lottery picks?

FFDude23 said:
cstu said:
Hankmoody said:
FFDude23 said:
Same league

he went undrafted in this league, which further shows how much QB is valued in this particular league.I am team A in both these deals. I actually didn't mean to deal both QBs. I had both deals sent out hoping to deal one of the QBs. After the Matt Ryan deal was accepted, I forgot to pull the Derek Carr deal and it was accepted as well. So now I have to ride the rest of the season out with Vick/Stanton/or McCown/Glennon from the ww and hope Foles gets his job back in 2015. I do like Carr, but I think I'll be ok in the long run with one of the 2015 rookie QBs that I like better.
Don't mind it for you at all. Loved the Ryan deal and don't think Carr is a guy you want to pin your future QB1 hopes on. You don't need a good QB when you're rebuilding, if anything it artificially inflates your weekly scoring which is a detriment. I'm not saying to tank, but I'm saying that you can easily fill your QB hole with a better win-now option than Carr when the rest of your roster is ripe for competing so this puts you in a better place to improve for the future.
Unless the qb in question is a potential core player, your logic is sound. Carr likely isn't a core guy. But I wouldn't avoid qb if a guy you like long term comes available at a reasonable price.

Who wins?
I will take Julio

Who wins?
I will take Julio
Potentially two lottery 1st rounders next year is about the most I'd give up for Julio. Cooks makes it a no brainer for me.

Who wins?
I will take Julio
Potentially two lottery 1st rounders next year is about the most I'd give up for Julio. Cooks makes it a no brainer for me.
I can see both sides. I just prefer proven studs in most deals like this

Who wins?
I will take Julio
Yep. I see it this way too.

Users who are viewing this thread