What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Georgia escapes Kentucky. :bag:

Next week is Florida vs Georgia at the Cocktail Party in Jacksonville with the SEC East title on the line.

Im not going to read te thread but is anyone washing Baylor Texas? Did Natalie portman get a boob job? She looks RIDICULOUS.

'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
'NutterButter said:
'jurb26 said:
'NutterButter said:
'jurb26 said:
So, does KState jump Oregon this week?
Why? Oregon demolished a pretty good ASU team.
Because KState has demolished a much better WVU team, has a huge advantage in the computer rankings, also blasted OU on the road and has a far more impressive résumé to date. Voters are the only thing favoring Oregon right now and they may have finally taken notice tonight. It won't take many voters moving them up for them to pass Oregon.
In that case, they should jump Alabama as well b/c their schedule has just been pathetic.
This is why I'm wondering if the computers will push Florida past Bama this week. A couple of them already had UF #1 last week. Man would this be an awesome year for a playoff.
If Bama and Florida win out they will play each other so that is one mystery we don't have to contemplate.

Super impressed as always by Bama. Just blown everyone out that they played. Schedule gets real for three games now. It's sink or swim time.

First time in school history that Alabama has scored 30 or more in the first 7 games.

McCarron continues to excel under the radar...we've found a star in Cooper.

'PlasmaDogPlasma said:
'NutterButter said:
'jurb26 said:
'NutterButter said:
'jurb26 said:
So, does KState jump Oregon this week?
Why? Oregon demolished a pretty good ASU team.
Because KState has demolished a much better WVU team, has a huge advantage in the computer rankings, also blasted OU on the road and has a far more impressive résumé to date. Voters are the only thing favoring Oregon right now and they may have finally taken notice tonight. It won't take many voters moving them up for them to pass Oregon.
In that case, they should jump Alabama as well b/c their schedule has just been pathetic.
This is why I'm wondering if the computers will push Florida past Bama this week. A couple of them already had UF #1 last week. Man would this be an awesome year for a playoff.
Computers already had Florida ahead of Bama. Actually, they have Florida 1, ND 2 and Bama 3. All were very close in the rankings. I'm guessing Florida expands their lead though with a win vs. #7 S. Car. The humans will ensure Bama remain #1 though. There is not enough gap in the computers for Bama to get passed by anyone. Oregon is a different story. I think they fall to 3 this week. Prepare for anarchy from the PAC12 contingent!

If I had an AP vote...

1. Alabama

2. Florida

3. Kansas State

4. Oregon

5. Notre Dame

If Notre Dame wins at Norman next week, Oregon falls even further to #5 in my poll.

First time in school history that Alabama has scored 30 or more in the first 7 games.McCarron continues to excel under the radar...we've found a star in Cooper.
I've never seen a Bama qb play as well as AJ has lately. I don't think we pass enough for him to win the Heisman, but then again if he has big weeks vs miss st, LSU, and Texas A&M, you never know. 16 tds and 0 int's is pretty good.

'Premier said:
Why are coaches so dumb? Instead of going for a fourth and less than 1, the Noles attempt a 50-yard field goal. Jesus. These guys get paid millions to make these idiotic decisions.

I mean, the odds of getting the first have to be around 85-90%. Making a field goal from there has to be around 50. ####ing crazy.
There's a utility calculation coaches make outside of the percentages of the game situation that overrules the rational call. It's kind of like comparing how bad it feels to misplace $20 and lose it versus how good it feels to find $20 sitting on the sidewalk and gain it. Even though both are a $20 change if your immediate financial situation, for the majority of people the negative utility of misplacing a $20 is greater than the positive utility of find a $20 on the sidewalk.Since we're not on the sidelines, it's easier for us to set aside the emotional utility of the situation and look at just the numbers.

I'm not saying the coach is correct for kicking a FG in that situation, or even punting. I'm just trying to understand the rationale, because we know they know what the percentages are, but they still aren't trusting them.
I think people are looking at the wrong thing. The coaches aren't thinking what's the percentage of getting the first down vs. failing. They're thinking, what's the percentage of getting the first down vs. losing my mid to high six figure job.

If I had an AP vote...1. Alabama2. Florida3. Kansas State4. Oregon5. Notre DameIf Notre Dame wins at Norman next week, Oregon falls even further to #5 in my poll.
If I had an AP vote...1. Alabama2. Oregon3. Florida4. Kansas State5. USC(California)12. Notre Dame(and this is generous)

First time in school history that Alabama has scored 30 or more in the first 7 games.McCarron continues to excel under the radar...we've found a star in Cooper.
I've never seen a Bama qb play as well as AJ has lately. I don't think we pass enough for him to win the Heisman, but then again if he has big weeks vs miss st, LSU, and Texas A&M, you never know. 16 tds and 0 int's is pretty good.
Agree...I don't remember Joe, Starr, Snake, Rutledge, or Sloan....but he's definitely playing better than Barker, Hollingsworth, Wilson, McElroy and all the other scrubs in between. You just feel like he's in total control.Have we ever had a QB lead the nation in QB rating? I doubt it.The new OC has also been a big success.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had an AP vote...1. Alabama2. Florida3. Kansas State4. Oregon5. Notre DameIf Notre Dame wins at Norman next week, Oregon falls even further to #5 in my poll.
If I had an AP vote...1. Alabama2. Oregon3. Florida4. Kansas State5. USC(California)12. Notre Dame(and this is generous)
Makes sense since ND has a better record and beat the team that USC lost to. Let's not forget USC's powerhouse schedule; the teams they beat have a combined record of 13-34 :lol:

honestly, I haven't watched much of Miss St but I've been looking at the stats and I just don't see it. 24 is too many points. Bama is a lot better for sure and I think they'll win (rather easily) but too much is being made of the UT comparison games I think. That's a rivalry game and Bama gets up for it. I don't know if they'll be up again this week with LSU looming. I honestly expected more like 13.5

honestly, I haven't watched much of Miss St but I've been looking at the stats and I just don't see it. 24 is too many points. Bama is a lot better for sure and I think they'll win (rather easily) but too much is being made of the UT comparison games I think. That's a rivalry game and Bama gets up for it. I don't know if they'll be up again this week with LSU looming. I honestly expected more like 13.5
I agree....we didnt cover 17 last year vs MSU. I'm sure there haven't been many 7-0 top 15 teams getting more points.

I wasn't expecting 24. This is what I posted earlier in the gambling thread:
I know it's NFL day, I'm very anxious to see what the Bama/MSU line will be for next week. Both teams are undefeated and the game is at Bama....however, MSU has literally played nobody so far: Jax State, Auburn, Troy, S. Alabama, Kentucky, Tennesse, Middle Tennesse. The 3 worst teams in the SEC and 3 other scrubs. They are severely overrated.Bama is obviously the best team in the country right now....looking at a multiple unit play on Bama likley

Congrats to my boys on win # 900 and beating little brother. All seems right with the world again. They can officially put RR behind them and move on. To my question of the day...what is everyone's beef with ND? Is the SEC the only place a team can have a very good defense and a crap offense and be considered "great" or "championship" material? I'm far from a ND apologist. I'd like to see them lose every game in hopes that Kelly's head explode, but I have to give credit where it's due.
Maybe because they barely beat an average at best BYU team at home.

Congrats to my boys on win # 900 and beating little brother. All seems right with the world again. They can officially put RR behind them and move on. To my question of the day...what is everyone's beef with ND? Is the SEC the only place a team can have a very good defense and a crap offense and be considered "great" or "championship" material? I'm far from a ND apologist. I'd like to see them lose every game in hopes that Kelly's head explode, but I have to give credit where it's due.
Don't forget a good, but not great Stanford team at home.Notre Dame would finish in the middle of the Pac12 and the SEC.What a joke.

'GeauxTigers said:
BYU is no Auburn. That's for sure.

'LHUCKS said:
If Notre Dame played Oregon or Bama on a neutral site they would be 2 TD dogs.
List of teams that wouldn't be a 2 TD dog to either of these teams. I'm beginning to think people actually believe lines are about who the better team is :unsure:

'LHUCKS said:
Notre Dame would finish in the middle of the Pac12 and the SEC.
Care to make a gentlemen's to LHUCKS bet on what ND's SOS is at the end of this regular season vs anyone you want to pick out of the P12?

'LHUCKS said:
List of teams that wouldn't be a 2 TD dog to either of these teams. I'm beginning to think people actually believe lines are about who the better team is :unsure:
Arizona State -8 to Oregon last Thurs, though that was not at a neutral site and the Ducks were up 43-7 by the half.

'LHUCKS said:
Arizona State -8 to Oregon last Thurs, though that was not at a neutral site and the Ducks were up 43-7 by the half.
Were there THAT many delusional ASU fans out there? I really need to pay closer attention to Oregon's line going forward. I don't see them losing any more games minus maybe the Oregon State game?? The only one I wouldn't bet on and give 14 or so points is USC. That's in Cali this year right?

Users who are viewing this thread