What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Rough first half for ND. Missed FGs, turnover on their own 25 yard line, and even the defense is not playing very well, giving up lots of 3rd down conversions.
To say the least. Worst half of the year by far. Though the RBs are running like crazy on their defense, yet Kelly keeps putting it in the hands of turnover Tommy.

Even if ND pulls this out, they are clearly not CG-worthy. I hope BYU wins to erase all doubt.
That's premature. They suck big time today. Every team struggles at some point. That said, I agree that they aren't ready...yet. Next week will be telling and I fully expect to get blown out by OU. If we keep it close or win the game, I think folks will be singing a different tune. It'd put ND one win (against a team they have a chance to lose against) away from going undefeated.

Terrible ####### playcalling again in the UB/Pitt game. UB down 20-6 with the ball, 3 minutes or so on the clock. They manage to drive all the way down the field, using the middle of the field. 3rd and goal from the 6 now with 18 seconds left. You NEED 2 TDs. You do not have enough time to **** around and dilly-dally and use the middle of the field. It doesn't even ####### matter if they score now, they're not going to have time to get a second TD.

I just...don't...get it. Fire Jeff Quinn, please.

Terrible ####### playcalling again in the UB/Pitt game. UB down 20-6 with the ball, 3 minutes or so on the clock. They manage to drive all the way down the field, using the middle of the field. 3rd and goal from the 6 now with 18 seconds left. You NEED 2 TDs. You do not have enough time to **** around and dilly-dally and use the middle of the field. It doesn't even ####### matter if they score now, they're not going to have time to get a second TD.I just...don't...get it. Fire Jeff Quinn, please.
Both people watching this game are outraged.

Terrible ####### playcalling again in the UB/Pitt game. UB down 20-6 with the ball, 3 minutes or so on the clock. They manage to drive all the way down the field, using the middle of the field. 3rd and goal from the 6 now with 18 seconds left. You NEED 2 TDs. You do not have enough time to **** around and dilly-dally and use the middle of the field. It doesn't even ####### matter if they score now, they're not going to have time to get a second TD.I just...don't...get it. Fire Jeff Quinn, please.
Sorry. I've piped down on the UB shtick this year, I haven't even bumped the thread in awhile. I just needed somewhere to vent. I know the team isn't good, but it just drives me crazy seeing some of these coaching decisions. I get that the team is always going to be a longshot to beat Pitt, but ####, give yourself a chance.

Unfortunately one of them was Mrs. Quinn who was spotted holding a "firejeffquinn.com" sign.

Sorry. I've piped down on the UB shtick this year, I haven't even bumped the thread in awhile. I just needed somewhere to vent. I know the team isn't good, but it just drives me crazy seeing some of these coaching decisions. I get that the team is always going to be a longshot to beat Pitt, but ####, give yourself a chance.
Vent away, bud. Just busting your chops.

Ugh. When you start the game by putting a bullet hole through your foot on the first play, it makes for a long day. When you do it twice more in the first half you don't stand a chance.

I hope neither WV or KState bothered dressing a punter.

It's like college OT rules. KState settling for a FG on the opening drive is a success for WV.

Terrible ####### playcalling again in the UB/Pitt game. UB down 20-6 with the ball, 3 minutes or so on the clock. They manage to drive all the way down the field, using the middle of the field. 3rd and goal from the 6 now with 18 seconds left. You NEED 2 TDs. You do not have enough time to **** around and dilly-dally and use the middle of the field. It doesn't even ####### matter if they score now, they're not going to have time to get a second TD.

I just...don't...get it. Fire Jeff Quinn, please.
Based on the offense I saw my team try to run today against Bowling Green, Nov. 17 at Gillette ought to be quite the thriller.At least UMass managed to make national websites for the second time in four days ... Link

'General Malaise said:
I would, however, call the Ducks going into Knoxville and beating Tenn by 35 an embarrassment. Way to protect your home turf, SEC. They also destroyed Miss St. the two times they played them.
Fun fact... Who wants to guess the total number of SEC wins by those 3 teams that Oregon is proud to have beaten up on? Hint... Those teams won 1.3 SEC games those years.... On average.But, congrats I guess?! :hifive:
:shrug:Do you have a dog in this fight or are you just needling people to needle them? Are you a fan of some team in the SEC? Bama? Did you go to an SEC school? I didn't go to Oregon, so I don't tend to get offended when people disparage their program, despite the fact that most schools would gladly take 2 Rose Bowls and 1 NC Game in 3 years. I've watched the Ducks play since I moved here in '96 and bought season tickets in 2000 out of a love for college football and wanting to be away from my x-wife for 14 hours on Saturdays in the fall. So I've seen the team grow and I've seen what it can do. This is the best iteration of Oregon's program I've ever seen. Can it beat Bama? I doubt it, but I doubt any team can. I think Oregon could be LSU, OU, Florida and I think they will beat USC. If they don't, then the season will be a failure and there won't be a game vs. Bama or any SEC team since they'll probably go to the Rose Bowl, again. Ho hum. Defense seems pretty good to me. And they've put some damn fine defensive players into the NFL lately. Patrick Chung, Jarius Byrd, TJ Ward, Haloti Ngata...this isn't a patsy program of a defense anymore. Auburn was held in check in the NC Game. LSU had less than 100 yards passing and thrived off turnovers. Very good Ohio State and Wisconsin teams did not romp these defenses in Rose Bowls. Boise State beat Oregon and beat UP on the rest of the schools they played (Hi Georgia) and yet the defense kept them in the infamous "Punch" game. Anyhow, carry on dissing the Ducks. I'm mildly entertained and bored enough to respond from time to time. :thumbup:
Yes, I went to Tennessee (SEC). I have been to games at a large number of the SEC stadiums even if TN isnt playif because I like the environment, the traditions, and the brand of football the SEC tends to put on the field. That said 90pct of this is just schticking it up.... I certainly never targeted you with this stuff as you're one of my favorite posters on these boards. I admire Oregon and what they've done with their program. Helluva coach, helluva booster, helluva group of players. I do think they are emerging into a premiere program and are clearly one of the top teams in the nation. No doubt. The push back (again, largely shticked up for effect) is due to years of #### talking from big 10 folks... From the Boise state folks... From the USC folks.... Now from the Oregon folks. It just seems every other year some new flavor du jour catches a wave of good players and starts running their mouths about how SEC ball ain't all it's cracked up to be and they could beat us if they only got a shot. Generally speaking, however, when those types of teams finally get that shot vs the top SEC programs of that period, they more often than not come up short. That said, the smack talk is always the same... Bringing up wins against 2nd or 3rd tier programs (at that time) and such. Those wins against UT in those days carry slightly more weight against UT these last couple years. Sure they used to be a powerhouse of the SEC and while I am a fan I'm also reasonable enough man to know they're just not a very good team right now. :) Anyways... Like I said this is largely shtick to entertain myself and to provide some of you guys w the SEC honk voice to spar with because Deep down I'm sure a lot of folks enjoy the banter with such honks... It's part of what makes college football so fun. (For me at least). Cheers GB :banned:Edit: apologies for the crappy writing.. Just waking up and still in bed
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread