What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (2 Viewers)

Snorkelson said:
Unless you think you can package the picks to get into the Gurley/Gordon range it's risky. Hopkins can certainly play at this level and proven he can take over a game. Take whoever you think is the top WR and they will likely be on a team like NYJ, OAK, STL, CLE. Like any of those situations? Not that HOU qb situation is all that sweet, DHop has produced regardless. At 1.11 you get what, Funchess?
Hopkins is an interesting case. He was drafted in the top 5 (sometimes top 3) of rookie drafts, had a solid rookie year, a good 2nd year (1200/6) despite poor QB play, and is now 2 years closer to taking over the #1 WR role in Houston. Yet his value has gone....down?

Seems like a good buy to me. Reminds me of Roddy White, who's value was slow to adjust after his 1200/6 season and then exploded the next year when he did it again.

Any one of you dynasty gurus willing to analyze/offer suggestions in a PM on a FFPC Dyno I just took over? I'm a long-time successful player just dipping the toes in dynasty. TIA

You gave up an extra second round pick. 2.12 might be enough alone and 2.5 alone most definitely is enough.
I'm the former Charles Johnson owner, and the 2.12 definitely wouldn't have been enough. If he'd offered the 2.05 alone, I would have considered it. Not sure what I would have ultimately done, but I know I would have shopped around more before accepting.

You gave up an extra second round pick. 2.12 might be enough alone and 2.5 alone most definitely is enough.
as a CJ owner in a few leagues, the 2.05 would certainly not be enough for me.

if you think this year's draft is equal to last year, it would be; but that's incredibly unlikely.

This year is probably closer to 2013, where the 2.05 would have yielded Stedman Bailey, Da'Rick Rogers, Johnathan Franklin, Quinton Patton or if you got really lucky, Zac Stacy or Travis Kelce. At best you have a 1/3 shot of getting a player who has performed better than CJ so far. I'll take those chances as I like CJ quite a bit.

If I had picks to give, and the CJ owner wouldn't give him for less, I'd probably give the two 2nds in a non-IDP league.

I think Johnson is a calculated risk- he's got the tools physically, has bounced around a bit for a couple years after playing at a small college, and when he got his opportunity this year he was productive despite a rookie qb and a 1st round pick starting ahead of him. It's not like he got the start because Patterson was injured. Those picks are likely roster stashes that you hope get a chance to start down the road, I think the price was right. He's likely not the next TO but as a wr3 with upside he's worth 2 seconds.

Interesting trade that just went down in one of my 12 team PPR leagues. Superflex with 3 pt passing TD's.

• Team A gave up Riddick, Theo DET RB; Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.04);Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.09)
  • Team B gave up Beckham, Odell NYG WR; Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick (4.01)

Interesting trade that just went down in one of my 12 team PPR leagues. Superflex with 3 pt passing TD's.

• Team A gave up Riddick, Theo DET RB; Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.04);Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.09)
Benjamin and the 2 1st's.

ODB is drawing a solid return this offseason. I just saw him go for:

Team A gives - ODB; 1.12

Team B gives - Sammy Watkins; Deandre Hopkins; 1.06

12 team ppr, deep roster, 40 total (w/ idps) QRWWWTFFKDDDD

Team A gets Joique, and a 2016 1st

Team B gets 2015 1.08, 1.09

Team A has the 1.01, 1.05 and 2.01 as well, and has no depth at any offensive position, roster highlights are Watkins and Hopkins

Team B had no picks prior to the 4th (5rd rookie/fa draft), and had several RB 2's, but no RB 1's

Team A gives - ODB; 1.12

Sammy/Hopkins and the pick upgrade

Team A has the 1.01, 1.05 and 2.01 as well, and has no depth at any offensive position, roster highlights are Watkins and Hopkins

Team B had no picks prior to the 4th (5rd rookie/fa draft), and had several RB 2's, but no RB 1's
1.8/1.9

Team A gives - ODB; 1.12

ODB hype train has hit ludicrous speed.

I'll take the Sammy/Nuc/1.06 side. 1.06 could easily be DGB, Devante, K White, etc.

1.8/1.9
I think I'd take the 2016 1st and Bell but it depends. How does the 1st look for next year? Obviously it's early to tell, but is that team loaded or do they have a fair chance at it being a high pick? Bell is worth a bit less in dynasty than the 1.08, but I'd gladly give up the 1.09 for a fair chance at a higher 16 1st.

1.8/1.9
I think I'd take the 2016 1st and Bell but it depends. How does the 1st look for next year? Obviously it's early to tell, but is that team loaded or do they have a fair chance at it being a high pick? Bell is worth a bit less in dynasty than the 1.08, but I'd gladly give up the 1.09 for a fair chance at a higher 16 1st.
I shipped bell, the pick is going to be about the same range i suspect, from 1.07-1.10. 4 team playoff, i missed out by 2 wins with kaep and foles at qb, J Cam being a dud, and no run game. Joique was arguably my best RB (ivory, knile, F Jax, tali, sankey, latavious). There are a few guys in that range (my pre draft/combine proj's) i like a lot.

So basically its a toss up, but of the 5 or so guys i like i feel like the majority will be there.

I think Johnson is a calculated risk- he's got the tools physically, has bounced around a bit for a couple years after playing at a small college, and when he got his opportunity this year he was productive despite a rookie qb and a 1st round pick starting ahead of him. It's not like he got the start because Patterson was injured. Those picks are likely roster stashes that you hope get a chance to start down the road, I think the price was right. He's likely not the next TO but as a wr3 with upside he's worth 2 seconds.
I also think roster size is enormously important in this deal.

As much as I love OBJ, I would take the Benjamin side

Any of you guys willing to consult a dynasty newbie on an existing team I just picked up? Wanting to know how you'd attach the drafts/trades, etc.?

Any of you guys willing to consult a dynasty newbie on an existing team I just picked up? Wanting to know how you'd attach the drafts/trades, etc.?
I have only been doing dynasty for about 5 years, but I will help you out if you want another person's perspective.

<p>

I bought Beckham here, and I agree it was a bit of an overpay. A couple things to note, though:

1. Though it's a superflex, QBs aren't essential. Luck was the QB1 last year, but he would've been the WR8 in ppg. I typically start only 1 QB.

2. I felt like I could afford to take the risk on Beckham. My RBs are crap, but you can start 5 WRs. I'll be starting Dez, Julio, Beckham, Evans, and Golden Tate, with ARob, Crabtree, and Charles Johnson in reserve.

<p>

I bought Beckham here, and I agree it was a bit of an overpay. A couple things to note, though:

1. Though it's a superflex, QBs aren't essential. Luck was the QB1 last year, but he would've been the WR8 in ppg. I typically start only 1 QB.

2. I felt like I could afford to take the risk on Beckham. My RBs are crap, but you can start 5 WRs. I'll be starting Dez, Julio, Beckham, Evans, and Golden Tate, with ARob, Crabtree, and Charles Johnson in reserve.
This is probably why people need to post league setups and scoring systems for their deals when they are nothing close to standard like this must be.

I imagine most people seeing this trade would think one or maybe two of the QBs would go in the top 3 of your draft, but if Luck scored the same as the 8th WR then probably not.

So often people argue value in here, but they are arguing it based on different roster requirements and scoring systems.

<p>

I bought Beckham here, and I agree it was a bit of an overpay. A couple things to note, though:1. Though it's a superflex, QBs aren't essential. Luck was the QB1 last year, but he would've been the WR8 in ppg. I typically start only 1 QB.

This is probably why people need to post league setups and scoring systems for their deals when they are nothing close to standard like this must be.

I imagine most people seeing this trade would think one or maybe two of the QBs would go in the top 3 of your draft, but if Luck scored the same as the 8th WR then probably not.

So often people argue value in here, but they are arguing it based on different roster requirements and scoring systems.
Agreed. But in Denver's defense, this wasn't his trade. And he did mention 3 points per passing TD. Sometimes it's tough to balance too much info against too little. And, btw, I'd be quite surprised if a QB went in the top three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with 3 points per passing TD there still has to be major scoring differences. Like 1 point for 30 yards passing or something.

QB scoring:

.035/pyd

3/pTD

-1/INT

.08/rushyd

4/rushYD

RB/WR/TE scoring is typical PPR, .1/rryd, 6/rrTD

Team A gives - ODB; 1.12

ODB hype train has hit ludicrous speed.

I'll take the Sammy/Nuc/1.06 side. 1.06 could easily be DGB, Devante, K White, etc.
I agree, I tried getting the same type of deal for DT, and got shot down

<p>

Really doesn't matter if it's a superflex or not, that's a pretty huge overpay to me. But I know Jules loves Beckham, though he keeps denying it somehow;)

Yeah, I will also take Benjamin with picks 4 and 9 in any remotely normla dynasty league.

If you choose, package picks 4 and 9 for another really good player if you wanted.

It's fairly close though IMO.

I would've made the same offer for AJG/Dez/Julio/AB, but I own Dez and Julio, and I'm pretty sure the AJG owner would've declined.

First time I've paid full price for Beckham (own him in 4/8 dynasties). Can't say I have any buyer's remorse.

Of course you wouldn't have buyers remorse now. That will come later if ever. But yes, you overpaid that time.

Guys, any input on trade value for the following in an FFPC format dynasty would be appreciated.

Aaron Wroggers-

Julius Thomas-

1.2 rookie pick-

My team is weakest at RB and WR. We have 1.2-7.2 picks plus the 3.9 and 4.5 picks.

Let me know other info you need to make a fair assessment. I'm looking for players/picks examples for each. TIA

Guys, any input on trade value for the following in an FFPC format dynasty would be appreciated.

Aaron Wroggers-

Julius Thomas-

1.2 rookie pick-

My team is weakest at RB and WR. We have 1.2-7.2 picks plus the 3.9 and 4.5 picks.

Let me know other info you need to make a fair assessment. I'm looking for players/picks examples for each. TIA
Wrong thread-go to assistant coach. This ones for completed trades.

Aaron Wroggers-

Julius Thomas-

1.2 rookie pick-

ARod, imo, is basically untradeable. I dont think you will ever get fair value, so unless youre willing to lose on the deal for a few years while you wait and see if the prospects you received pan out, then i would just consider him a very solid building block.

JT even with his injury woes will project to be a top 3 TE this year. Might slide one or two spots projection wise due to peyton injury/retirement stuff, but easily top 5. I feel like if you can get some early picks and a solid player or two in return that would be fair.

If you could get multiple early picks, and get a wr2 and an rb2, imo that would be fair.

I think JT could be a sell high depending on what peyton does. He will still produce, but not at the same clip w/ out him.

If youre in need of rb and wr, i wouldnt trade the 1.02 for anything less than a young but established talent thats top 5-10 at his position. I wouldnt risk it on say, a player like gio. Who went from super bright future to taking a back seat. Dont chase the potential. The very least id consider in your situation is hopkins/maclin area guys. Even then, its thin imo, youre gonna have a look at at least one of two great rb prospects, or cooper/parker.

I think if you can find someone in your league who has 3-4 picks in the 1-2 rds, itd be better to deal for those. Decent amount of talent in the first 15 picks

Aaron Wroggers-

Julius Thomas-

1.2 rookie pick-

ARod, imo, is basically untradeable. I dont think you will ever get fair value, so unless youre willing to lose on the deal for a few years while you wait and see if the prospects you received pan out, then i would just consider him a very solid building block.

JT even with his injury woes will project to be a top 3 TE this year. Might slide one or two spots projection wise due to peyton injury/retirement stuff, but easily top 5. I feel like if you can get some early picks and a solid player or two in return that would be fair.

If you could get multiple early picks, and get a wr2 and an rb2, imo that would be fair.

I think JT could be a sell high depending on what peyton does. He will still produce, but not at the same clip w/ out him.

If youre in need of rb and wr, i wouldnt trade the 1.02 for anything less than a young but established talent thats top 5-10 at his position. I wouldnt risk it on say, a player like gio. Who went from super bright future to taking a back seat. Dont chase the potential. The very least id consider in your situation is hopkins/maclin area guys. Even then, its thin imo, youre gonna have a look at at least one of two great rb prospects, or cooper/parker.

I think if you can find someone in your league who has 3-4 picks in the 1-2 rds, itd be better to deal for those. Decent amount of talent in the first 15 picks
Thanks for the feedback. What are you thoughts at moving down from 1.2 to say 1.6 or below and picking up a 2.6 as well? Also, might you consider moving Rodgers for someone like Wilson and a 1st or high 2nd rounder or Wilson and a RB1 or WR1 or would either of those be asking too much too little?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron Wroggers-

Julius Thomas-

1.2 rookie pick-

ARod, imo, is basically untradeable. I dont think you will ever get fair value, so unless youre willing to lose on the deal for a few years while you wait and see if the prospects you received pan out, then i would just consider him a very solid building block.JT even with his injury woes will project to be a top 3 TE this year. Might slide one or two spots projection wise due to peyton injury/retirement stuff, but easily top 5. I feel like if you can get some early picks and a solid player or two in return that would be fair.

Thanks for the feedback. What are you thoughts at moving down from 1.2 to say 1.6 or below and picking up a 2.6 as well? Also, might you consider moving Rodgers for someone like Wilson and a 1st or high 2nd rounder or Wilson and a RB1 or WR1 or would either of those be asking too much too little?
Me personally, im only trading arod for Luck, or something like a top 5 wr and a pick or two.

Neither of those deals are likely to get done in reality. You would need someone equal parts fanboy/stupid/and desperate.

There is too much value in a set it and forget it QB, he will likely be elite for 5+ more years. You gonna trade that for Wilson? Id be very interested in someone trying to sell me on wilson to be the future of my dyno squad.

Gonna lose lynch at some point. His wr suck, his te are average at best. I really dont think that turbin and michel are going to command the same respect lynch does and he is a huge part of what limited passing success he has. Without him, russ gonna be running for his life all day throwing jump balls to....?

Zealots Non PPR Dynasty

Team A gave: Julio Jones

Team B gave: Odell Beckham

Zealots PPR Dynasty

Team A Gave: Dez Bryant

Team B gave: Antonio Brown

Zealots PPR Dynasty
Team A Gave: Dez Bryant

Team B gave: Antonio Brown
"I traded in my red Lambo for a yellow one."

Both sides came out fine here but I like Antonio personally because his floor is super high with all the passing that Pitt does.

Traded: Bryce Brown, Latavius Murray, Donte Moncrief and rookie draft picks 1.5, 1.9, and 2.1

Got back: Antonio Brown, Jerick McKinnon and John Brown

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5PPR - Not Involved

Team A trades: Andre Ellington, 2016 3rd

Team B trades: Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, 3.09
Same team A

Team A trades: Russell Wilson

Team C trades: Jordan Matthews
Same team A again

Team A trades: 1.10, 3.09, 2016 2nd, 2017 3rd

Team D trades: Devonte Freeman, Boom Herron

Must be optimistic about Boom Herron, and Freeman, otherwise I fail to see why

Users who are viewing this thread