What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (3 Viewers)

Non-PPR

Gave: Spiller and 2.4 rookie pick

Received: Rookie pick 1.11

I'm rebuilding in 2015.
I like moving Spiller if you are rebuilding, but I would have waited. If he signs with a team like Atlanta or Indy his value would sky rocket before he even played a game. If he did resign with Buffalo then I would have waited until I was in season and waited for a big game and moved him. You got like late second or early third value for him right now, so even if he got hurt you wouldn't have lost much.
Where the hell were you before I made this deal?

:lol:

I immediately regret my decision.
it might work out but i think your timing was bad. i did the same thing with Reggie Bush in the offseason before he went to Miami and got burned.

There really isn't much risk in waiting on Spiller to sign somewhere to gain some value, just doesn't seem likely his value goes down, it's already in the dumps.
I disagree- IMO his current value factors in the likelihood that he leaves Buffalo and ends up in a somewhat better situation. He could end up in one of the ideal spots and his value would increase, but he could also stay put or end up in a bad spot and his value decreases. Also, I'm sure there will be a slight overreaction to his landing spot, but I suspect his value will eventually stabilize near where it is due to his perceived inability to be a "workhorse".
he seems to be valued at around a late 2nd round rookie pick, i just don't see his value getting much lower regardless where he lands.
I don't see it going much lower either, but I also don't see it going much higher.

12 team PPR. Superflex with 3 pt passing TD's.

Team A gave up:

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.03)

Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick (4.03)

Team B gave up:

Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick (3.07)
Have to go with Hill over pick 3.

I can only imagine in a superflex that Mariotta and Winston go top 2, but unless Mariotta was there (which he wont be), I will take Hill.

But it is very equal value and I could see wanting Cooper or one of the RBs with maybe more perceived upside.
I doubt both QBs go 1-2 considering it's only 3 pts. per passing TD.
For reference. 1st QB in 2014 was Johnny at 2.01. Bridgewater went 2.05, Bortles went 2.12 and Carr 3.08. I picked up Mettenberger on waivers.
I guess, but those QBs weren't looked at highly at all compared to Mariotta were they?

Just seems very odd for a superflex, even at 3 points per TD. Qbs should stil be the top scoring options, even the average ones.

12 team PPR. Superflex with 3 pt passing TD's.

Team A gave up:

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.03)

Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick (4.03)

Team B gave up:

Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

Year 2015 Round 3 Draft Pick (3.07)
Have to go with Hill over pick 3.

I can only imagine in a superflex that Mariotta and Winston go top 2, but unless Mariotta was there (which he wont be), I will take Hill.

But it is very equal value and I could see wanting Cooper or one of the RBs with maybe more perceived upside.
I doubt both QBs go 1-2 considering it's only 3 pts. per passing TD.
For reference. 1st QB in 2014 was Johnny at 2.01. Bridgewater went 2.05, Bortles went 2.12 and Carr 3.08. I picked up Mettenberger on waivers.
I guess, but those QBs weren't looked at highly at all compared to Mariotta were they?Just seems very odd for a superflex, even at 3 points per TD. Qbs should stil be the top scoring options, even the average ones.
By the time the draft rolls around I wouldn't be shocked if we collectively put MM down a bit. But yes, I'd assume he'll still be higher than Johnny.

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5PPR - Not Involved

Team A trades: Andre Ellington, 2016 3rd

Team B trades: Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, 3.09
Same team ATeam A trades: Russell Wilson

Team B trades: Jordan Matthews
Someone needs to save team A from themselves.
Mathews>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilson

Mathews>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilson
In a start 2 QB league?

Not in a 2QB league.

ETA: Wilson probably goes top 5 overall in 2QB dynasty start-up drafts this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not in a 2QB league.

ETA: Wilson probably goes top 5 overall in 2QB dynasty start-up drafts this year.
Completely depends upon scoring, number of teams, other positions, etc.

In a 10 teamer where you have to start 9 RB/WR/TEs every week, I would not be taking Wilson nearly that high. He's worth a heck of a lot more than Mathews though...

12 team Superflex (3 pt passing TD). 1/2/3/1/1 Flex/1 Superflex

Team A gave up:

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.11)

Team B gave up:

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

I just made a trade in the same Superflex league that Bridgewater got traded in a couple times. I gave up Carter and a 4th (I have 8 picks and not a ton of roster room) for Zach. We can only roster four QB's and I have two (Rodgers and Cutler). A little risky not knowing if the Titans will role with Zach or draft a QB at #2, but I fell like it was a decent deal when giving up a guy I got on waivers (who is also an unkonwn) and a 4th. It could blow up in both of our faces. Hard to know.

• Team A gave up Carter, Duron FA WR; Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick (4.03)
  • Team B gave up Mettenberger, Zach TEN QB

Denver724 said:
12 team Superflex (3 pt passing TD). 1/2/3/1/1 Flex/1 Superflex

Team A gave up:

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.11)

Team B gave up:

Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Non-ppr: Bell/1st

PPR: toss-up, probably leaning Bell

I just made a trade in the same Superflex league that Bridgewater got traded in a couple times. I gave up Carter and a 4th (I have 8 picks and not a ton of roster room) for Zach. We can only roster four QB's and I have two (Rodgers and Cutler). A little risky not knowing if the Titans will role with Zach or draft a QB at #2, but I fell like it was a decent deal when giving up a guy I got on waivers (who is also an unkonwn) and a 4th. It could blow up in both of our faces. Hard to know.

Stealing in a 2 qb league

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5PPR 30 man rosters

Traded: 1.10, Ridley, Shorts, 4.04, 2017 3rd

Got: Ebron, 2.07

Context: I am finishing a rebuild, still have 1.02, 1.05, 1.07 and needed to open up some roster space. Shorts was likely a candidate to be dropped. My TE's were Clay, Ladarius, Escobar, Fiedorowicz. Glad to be rid of Ridley and Shorts.

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5PPR 30 man rosters

Traded: 1.10, Ridley, Shorts, 4.04, 2017 3rd

Got: Ebron, 2.07

Context: I am finishing a rebuild, still have 1.02, 1.05, 1.07 and needed to open up some roster space. Shorts was likely a candidate to be dropped. My TE's were Clay, Ladarius, Escobar, Fiedorowicz. Glad to be rid of Ridley and Shorts.
love the Ebron/2.07 side. Anyone that gives up on Ebron will regret it. He came in extremely young and raw at a position that takes time to learn.

He's a great buy low this offseason.

Interesting to see value on both. I would favor Carter but feel Mettenberger has more flip value to an active owner if you can time the next deal right given he could enter next year as an unquestioned starter. I think the upside is on the Carter side despite the format, but that's just my opinion on Mettenberger/Whiz/Tenn.

In most yes, but in this particular one, there's only 40 QBs owned due to the roster limit so Mettenberger may turn into a bit of a roster albatross if he doesn't work out (which I think is likely). Can't drop him because he's starting, can't move him because he doesn't offer an improvement to the other team.

40 QBs isn't that many, and there's a fine line between blocking other teams from a starter and blocking yourself from the next QB who may be better.

thriftyrocker said:

Interesting to see value on both. I would favor Carter but feel Mettenberger has more flip value to an active owner if you can time the next deal right given he could enter next year as an unquestioned starter. I think the upside is on the Carter side despite the format, but that's just my opinion on Mettenberger/Whiz/Tenn.

In most yes, but in this particular one, there's only 40 QBs owned due to the roster limit so Mettenberger may turn into a bit of a roster albatross if he doesn't work out (which I think is likely). Can't drop him because he's starting, can't move him because he doesn't offer an improvement to the other team.

40 QBs isn't that many, and there's a fine line between blocking other teams from a starter and blocking yourself from the next QB who may be better.
Thanks for your take, but i don't quite understand your 40 QB comment. Mettenberger gives me three QB's and I can have up to four. Maybe I will draft one or pick one up (to get to the max of four). Or just roll with three all season and use that roster spot for another postion. I really like Mettenberger. Below is a comment from Peter King in August. I think the Titans are sold and I don't think anything really changed during the season. Only thing that changed is that they have the #2 pcik and could take one of the big two QB's in the draft. I really see the Titans trading down and getting a Rams deal in return (since the QB postion in this draft is super thin).

At this point, the rookie quarterback I’m most giddy about is Zach Mettenberger of the Titans. Go flip on any of his exhibition games. What you’ll see is a poised and fairly accurate thrower who is not afraid to fit the ball into tight windows or throw players open, and he can make all the pro throws. Mettenberger plays with extreme confidence, and it seems to filter down to his teammates who feed off him. Jake Locker has been fine so far. He’ll always be limited because he doesn’t anticipate well and some of his throws are a beat late, but he’s tough and gutsy, which has kept him as the starter. Still, the Titans have to be through the roof about Mettenberger. He looks like the real deal.

12 team PPR.

Cobb Gio and L Murray

For

Bell & D Inman
I like the Bell side, but I don't think its a bad trade. Cobb is young with value. Just not sure where he plays in 2015. Not sold on Gio (becasue of Hill) or Murray (because its the Raiders).

12 team PPR.

Cobb Gio and L Murray

For

Bell & D Inman
Whoa. I love Bell but that's too much IMO. Just like other #1's before him, Bell isn't likely to repeat his numbers from last year (80 catches highly unlikely) and very easily could be outperformed by another young RB next year. Nice sell high. Obviously depends what happens with Cobb.

12 team PPR.

Cobb Gio and L Murray

For

Bell & D Inman
Whoa. I love Bell but that's too much IMO. Just like other #1's before him, Bell isn't likely to repeat his numbers from last year (80 catches highly unlikely) and very easily could be outperformed by another young RB next year. Nice sell high. Obviously depends what happens with Cobb.
What is everyone seeing in Murray? He had one great game (one super-long TD run) and a couple decent games. Change in coaching staffs. Wasn't given a chance until late in the season. He seems to be a lotto ticket to me. I guess a decent throw in.

12 team PPR.

Cobb Gio and L Murray

For

Bell & D Inman
What is everyone seeing in Murray? He had one great game (one super-long TD run) and a couple decent games. Change in coaching staffs. Wasn't given a chance until late in the season. He seems to be a lotto ticket to me. I guess a decent throw in.
For me it's more about getting a top 10 Dyno receiver (closer to top 5 if he resigns with GB) and IMO a top 15 (at worse) RB. Murray is a nice piece as well that could get flipped (I wouldn't pay a late 1 but there are some that would).

12 team PPR.

Cobb Gio and L Murray

For

Bell & D Inman
This looks like a deal where the team getting Bell PROBABLY had pretty good depth, and just bolstered their starting lineup.

I could see making this move either way depending on my team.

Team A gave- Deandre Hopkins

Team B gave- picks 1.10, 1.12

1/2 ppr
I think I would take the picks, but I am not super high on Hopkins. I trust my draft acumen more and think I could get some great players with 10 and 12.
Youe "draft acumen" is going to be very dependent on who 10 other owners take before you're even on the clock though. I'll take Hopkins. We've been a little spoiled by the last two drafts but late first round picks are far from sure things.

1/2 ppr
I think I would take the picks, but I am not super high on Hopkins. I trust my draft acumen more and think I could get some great players with 10 and 12.
Youe "draft acumen" is going to be very dependent on who 10 other owners take before you're even on the clock though. I'll take Hopkins. We've been a little spoiled by the last two drafts but late first round picks are far from sure things.
Of course, but I will take my chances.

Denver724 said:
Dr. Octopus said:
Denver724 said:

1/2 ppr
Of course, but I will take my chances.
I think I will also. I'll go with the picks there. Maybe even try and deal the picks for a player I like more than Hopkins. I am not as high on him as many.

Hopkins. Don't understand what's not to like about Hopkins. He's shown plenty even with a bad situation,and he came into the league very young. He's only half a year older than DeVante Parker and he's a year younger than Kelvin Benjamin.

I traded Hopkins straight up for Jamaal Charles halfway through last season in a championship push. Definitely wouldn't have let him go for 1.10 and 1.12 even though I usually love ammunition.

I like Hopkins, just not as much as most others seem to. I just prefer the picks for that one. Might also depend when your draft is. My main drafts are in May. I think (to me) that makes the picks more valuable to the people reading more up on the guys.

I like Hopkins, just not as much as most others seem to. I just prefer the picks for that one. Might also depend when your draft is. My main drafts are in May. I think (to me) that makes the picks more valuable to the people reading more up on the guys.
I guess my issue is that I saw Hopkins drafted anywhere between 1.02-1.07 when he came out, and he's done nothing but show he was likely worth that pick. I'm not super high on him either - see his ceiling as a mid-WR2 (and don't own him anywhere) - but there's a pretty decent chance that neither of those late firsts amount to anything. I think sometimes people get all excited and giddy about "potential" and throw away something that's already shown to be productive and arguably also has the "potential" that they're after anyway.

I guess my issue is that I saw Hopkins drafted anywhere between 1.02-1.07 when he came out, and he's done nothing but show he was likely worth that pick. I'm not super high on him either - see his ceiling as a mid-WR2 (and don't own him anywhere) - but there's a pretty decent chance that neither of those late firsts amount to anything. I think sometimes people get all excited and giddy about "potential" and throw away something that's already shown to be productive and arguably also has the "potential" that they're after anyway.
Most often I am the exact opposite of this. Just not here I guess.

I dont own Hopkins anywhere anyway, so I wouldnt have to worry about an offer like that.

Unless you think you can package the picks to get into the Gurley/Gordon range it's risky. Hopkins can certainly play at this level and proven he can take over a game. Take whoever you think is the top WR and they will likely be on a team like NYJ, OAK, STL, CLE. Like any of those situations? Not that HOU qb situation is all that sweet, DHop has produced regardless. At 1.11 you get what, Funchess?

12 team, 25 roster PPR.

I got:

Charles Johnson

I gave:

2.05 and 2.12 picks

Notes: Team I traded with was league champ and overloaded at WR position but lacking draft picks (only had two 4th round selections prior to trade). Meanwhile, my best WRs were Hilton, Sanders and Watkins and I really like Charles Johnson as a prospect.

12 team, 25 roster PPR.

I got:

Charles Johnson

I gave:

2.05 and 2.12 picks

Notes: Team I traded with was league champ and overloaded at WR position but lacking draft picks (only had two 4th round selections prior to trade). Meanwhile, my best WRs were Hilton, Sanders and Watkins and I really like Charles Johnson as a prospect.
looks like an overpay to me. would rather take shots with the couple 2nds.

You gave up an extra second round pick. 2.12 might be enough alone and 2.5 alone most definitely is enough.
Not enough for a player you really want.

Whatever. I also own Johnson in two other leagues and a 2.12 offer wouldn't cut it for me (maybe it would for you) and I doubt I would even accept a 2.05 by itself (would rather roll the dice on a probable starter who works well with Bortles).

You gave up an extra second round pick. 2.12 might be enough alone and 2.5 alone most definitely is enough.
Not enough for a player you really want.

Whatever. I also own Johnson in two other leagues and a 2.12 offer wouldn't cut it for me (maybe it would for you) and I doubt I would even accept a 2.05 by itself (would rather roll the dice on a probable starter who works well with Bortles).
It's an overpay, but not one that will kill you for a player you like, even if the guy doesnt do much.

But if you are going to overpay based on the market (which of course isn't exactly set with Johnson right now, but this is an overpay IMO), then do it on a young guy with promise who plays with a young QB with a little promise also.

Users who are viewing this thread