What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** 2015 Washington Redskins Thread YOU LIKE THAT! (1 Viewer)

Cant wait for Gruden's presser to explain away all of Kirk's poor throws today.

Overall though I'm encouraged. The D really showed me something today. Breeland is a stud and Blackmon showed much better than I would have thought.

Looking forward to seeing what this offense can do when D-Jax, and hopefully Reed, return. I am concerned about Matt Jones toe injury though.
Gruden will say that the receivers ran their routes too quickly and that's why the ball was frequently behind them.

Overall though I'm encouraged. The D really showed me something today. Breeland is a stud and Blackmon showed much better than I would have thought.

Looking forward to seeing what this offense can do when D-Jax, and hopefully Reed, return. I am concerned about Matt Jones toe injury though.
Gruden will say that the receivers ran their routes too quickly and that's why the ball was frequently behind them.
Cooley's film breakdown will confirm this. "Kirk did everything right on this play..."

A lot of focus this year has been on Cousins and QB (as it should). Something that isn't being touched on too much is Breeland is looking pretty damn impressive so far. With Hall and Culliver out awesome seeing him step up and he should be a premier CB over the next few years. Having a CB like that with Bryant and Beckam in the division is huge.

Cousins needs to do better though, he left a lot of plays out there yesterday by being off most of the game. Sure everyone is pretty used to Garcon catching most everything that he can get his hands on but if Cousins put the ball on the money Garcon would have busted a few plays early on that would have changed the dynamics of that game.

Late to the party, but have a few takes on the game:

- Defense continues to play well. Outside of the Giants game (where they were put in some tough spots), they've played pretty well so far. To hold a powerful offense like the Falcons to 19 points in Atlanta, is pretty impressive. Breeland continues to play well and looks like a real deal CB. The DL seemed to be generating a pass rush most of the game which was good to see.

- Run game seems to be lacking the last few weeks. Maybe teams are better prepared for it now? But Morris and Jones haven't really looked great lately.

- Cousins still telegraphing passes is a problem. Seemed late on a bunch of throw and the game ending pick 6 should have never been thrown. I know Grant fell down, but it looked like the ball was still going to be well in front of him. Cousins just hasn't looked very accurate the last couple of weeks and still has the same issues he's had the previous 3 seasons. He hasn't had a real terrible game yet, but he also hasn't done anything special so far either. He's just a game manager until further notice.

- Play calling was alright. Seems like whenever we get into FG range, the offense goes super conservative. I know we don't want Cousins to make a mistake, but then why is he even there if you don't trust him?

- Overall, played better than I thought they would against one of the better teams in the NFC, but still have plenty of work to do on both sides.

That was a pick with Grant falling or not. Cousins threw it on his back foot bracing for a hit.
The only way it's not a pick is if he could have managed to get a hand on the ball to knock it down or break up the Int. Grant is quick but I don't think he's that quick to get that far outside.

Run game was my biggest disappointment. I like Jones, but they need to feed Morris more.
Cooley was talking yesterday about how both Morris and Jones need a bunch of carries to get into a rhythm and feel for the game. Even went as far to say that as the vet Morris should step up and tell the coaching staff to either keep him in all game or just put Jones in.

Run game was my biggest disappointment. I like Jones, but they need to feed Morris more.
Cooley was talking yesterday about how both Morris and Jones need a bunch of carries to get into a rhythm and feel for the game. Even went as far to say that as the vet Morris should step up and tell the coaching staff to either keep him in all game or just put Jones in.
I agree that they need a rhythm, but I don't agree on the 2nd part. 1) Morris doesn't seem like that kind of player that he would demand the ball and 2) Having Jones spell him will keep both of them fresh. The play calling just has to get better if both are going to have success. Our RBs only had 22 carries (11 for Jones and 8 for Morris) in a game that we leading most of the way. Not sure why we weren't trying to run the ball more.

I agree that they need a rhythm, but I don't agree on the 2nd part. 1) Morris doesn't seem like that kind of player that he would demand the ball and 2) Having Jones spell him will keep both of them fresh. The play calling just has to get better if both are going to have success. Our RBs only had 22 carries (11 for Jones and 8 for Morris) in a game that we leading most of the way. Not sure why we weren't trying to run the ball more.
I thought the 2nd part would be out of character as well. Czaben and Gauldi were shooting him down pretty quick, but Cooley went on to put it in context saying that it's for the good of the team etc... I see the point behind having a "Bellcow" back and certain backs do seem to perform better as the game goes on. Either way it needs to come from the coach.

Another interesting factoid is that Gruden has no say in which back is in. They leave that up to the Running Backs Coach. I found that odd.

I thought the 2nd part would be out of character as well. Czaben and Gauldi were shooting him down pretty quick, but Cooley went on to put it in context saying that it's for the good of the team etc... I see the point behind having a "Bellcow" back and certain backs do seem to perform better as the game goes on. Either way it needs to come from the coach.

Another interesting factoid is that Gruden has no say in which back is in. They leave that up to the Running Backs Coach. I found that odd.
That is odd. So does the RB coach know the play calls ahead of time and puts in a RB based on that? Or does he just throw out a RB and then the play calling gets adjusted? Seems strange that Gruden/McVay wouldn't have a say in which RB to put in.

A lot of focus this year has been on Cousins and QB (as it should). Something that isn't being touched on too much is Breeland is looking pretty damn impressive so far. With Hall and Culliver out awesome seeing him step up and he should be a premier CB over the next few years. Having a CB like that with Bryant and Beckam in the division is huge.
As far as local sports reporters (radio) nothing much has been touched on since the middle of last year except Robert Griffin / Kirk Cousins. Nothing. They bailed completely on Redskins reporting last year by the time Cooley refused to do his film breakdown of the offense following a bad game by Griffin. There were numerous bad performances that game and Cooley refused to report on them, literally refused, and only reviewed Griffin and how horrible he was. Griffin was terrible, but so were numerous other players on offense, and Cooley bailed on reporting about them. The rest of the crew followed suit, and for the rest of last year all bad performances were laid on Griffin.

The offseason was spent with Cooley and Galdi lobbying for Griffin's contract not to get extended and for Griffin to get cut.

This year most of the reporting is about Cousins, how he needs more time, how receivers ran bad patterns and let him down, how he's under too much pressure because Griffin's still on the roster, etc.

It's the worst, absolute worst, Redskins reporting I've heard, and I've listened, read, and watched for decades. It's like there's no team out there, just Cousins and evil Griffin. Maybe they'll get over it in a year or so; I certainly hope so since this team has a lot of players worth reporting on besides below-average QB's. Breeland is definitely one. Having been on the field only 2 weeks the guy is awfully good.

As far as local sports reporters (radio) nothing much has been touched on since the middle of last year except Robert Griffin / Kirk Cousins. Nothing. They bailed completely on Redskins reporting last year by the time Cooley refused to do his film breakdown of the offense following a bad game by Griffin. There were numerous bad performances that game and Cooley refused to report on them, literally refused, and only reviewed Griffin and how horrible he was. Griffin was terrible, but so were numerous other players on offense, and Cooley bailed on reporting about them. The rest of the crew followed suit, and for the rest of last year all bad performances were laid on Griffin.

The offseason was spent with Cooley and Galdi lobbying for Griffin's contract not to get extended and for Griffin to get cut.

This year most of the reporting is about Cousins, how he needs more time, how receivers ran bad patterns and let him down, how he's under too much pressure because Griffin's still on the roster, etc.

It's the worst, absolute worst, Redskins reporting I've heard, and I've listened, read, and watched for decades. It's like there's no team out there, just Cousins and evil Griffin. Maybe they'll get over it in a year or so; I certainly hope so since this team has a lot of players worth reporting on besides below-average QB's. Breeland is definitely one. Having been on the field only 2 weeks the guy is awfully good.
This is a big reason I gave up listening to local sports radio. They don't talk about anything other than Cousins/Griffin. It's as if the rest of the team doesn't exist. They will talk about Gruden, but that's about it.

I'd really love a break down of Kerrigan. He only has 3.5 sacks so far and 2 came against the Falcons. Are teams starting to figure him out? Is he playing well, but just not getting sacks? Does he miss Orakpo on the other side? Seems like no one wants to talk about that.

As far as the running game goes, Portis brought up something last week that none of the other announcers has noticed or thought was important. He said they're having the RB's line up 5 yards back instead of 7, and that takes away the time Morris needs to see the blocking develop and where the hole is or will be, and that that, plus lack of consecutive plays to set up the defense, is why Morris's game has suffered so much.

Cooley didn't agree but Portis was adamant and told him to go watch the films and see if he wasn't right about it. Cooley said he would, but has never mentioned it again. Portis is on the show again today.

Speaking of which, it was pretty obvious when Portis was added to ESPN980 that Cooley didn't want him there. And Portis was awkward the first few weeks getting used to being on air live. But now when just the 2 of them talk, they're 2 equals in their knowledge of the game. Cooley knows passing better, Portis knows running better, and they both know a good bit about offensive line play. And the best part is they don't agree all the time, so you get to hear their reasoning.

Yards per reception numbers for Redskins WRs

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Really need Jackson back. Those are some pathetic numbers.

I think the first two plays of overtime were a shotgun pass with Morris at RB and then more of a power formation run with Thompson at RB. I thought that was strange.

I missed almost the entire game, it was blacked out and I was at a family gathering. I did get to see OT though. I was going nuts when they were moving down the field, and then the INT ruined it. There was no way Grant could have gotten to that ball; the best he could've done was maybe interfere with the INT or make an early tackle on the defender. Terrible pass.

Cooley insists Grant would've had it, 9 times out of 10. Over and over again. Kevin Sheehan is calling the game the Famous Ryan Grant Falldown Game. Everyone here says it wasn't catchable by Grant and so does John Keim. But Cooley, Sheehan, et al havejust given up reporting objectively and are cheering their guy Kirk again.

From everything I've read and seen that was a winnable game, one they should've had. To me the Jets game this week is huge. The Jets are 3-1 but have beaten nobody good, and it seems to me that the Skins can beat them. If they get out with a win this could remain an interesting season. A loss to the Jets and we'll be waiting for the annual slide downhill.

I missed almost the entire game, it was blacked out and I was at a family gathering. I did get to see OT though. I was going nuts when they were moving down the field, and then the INT ruined it. There was no way Grant could have gotten to that ball; the best he could've done was maybe interfere with the INT or make an early tackle on the defender. Terrible pass.

Cooley insists Grant would've had it, 9 times out of 10. Over and over again. Kevin Sheehan is calling the game the Famous Ryan Grant Falldown Game. Everyone here says it wasn't catchable by Grant and so does John Keim. But Cooley, Sheehan, et al havejust given up reporting objectively and are cheering their guy Kirk again.

From everything I've read and seen that was a winnable game, one they should've had. To me the Jets game this week is huge. The Jets are 3-1 but have beaten nobody good, and it seems to me that the Skins can beat them. If they get out with a win this could remain an interesting season. A loss to the Jets and we'll be waiting for the annual slide downhill.
Cooley has admitted to being close friends with Kirk so despite even his best efforts he has no objectivity here.

And I stopped listening to Sheehan with anything regarding Kirk early on last season when he said he would not even consider trading Kirk for a 1st ROUND PICK! ETA- Or maybe that was Galdi. Either way it was almost as laughable then as it was now.

One of about 100 reasons why local sports radio is practically unlistenable for me these days. Yet I keep listening. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooley has admitted to being close friends with Kirk so despite even his best efforts he has no objectivity here.

And I stopped listening to Sheehan with anything regarding Kirk early on last season when he said he would not even consider trading Kirk for a 1st ROUND PICK!

One of about 100 reasons why local sports radio is practically unlistenable for me these days. Yet I keep listening. :bag:
Yup, Cooley loses all credibility when he talks about Kirk when he said a couple years ago that he and Kirk are good buddies. Shockingly, Cooley hardly ever has a bad thing to say about Kirk.

To continue my string of complaints regarding some general game management, here's a few things I really didn't like Sunday.

That third down screen to Crowder after the Breeland INT was just stupid. Throw the ball into the endzone. Maybe it would have worked a little better if they hadn't already run that play earlier in the game, albeit to the other side of the field. Or maybe if they had a play to fake that screen and then hit a TE right down the middle or something? Anyway, just way too conservative.

Second, Gruden failed with his timeouts again. After the fourth down conversion to Roddy White on Atlanta's final drive, the Falcons had a first and goal at the 6 with about 45 seconds left. At that point, time is more important to us than it was to them and it was more about getting four stops than letting the clock run. Gruden should have called a timeout. Instead, Atlanta takes their time (another clue that Gruden should have been stopping the clock) and runs 27 seconds off the clock.

It all worked out, but it required a long FG (which was an awesome, clutch kick). However, I was also a bit annoyed that the last pass to Crowder was a clear route designed for the sideline which wasn't needed since we still had two timeouts. I wonder how much closer they could have got had they taken advantage of the middle of the field. Or, maybe Crowder should have been instructed to not worry about running out of bounds and get some more yards since there were still two TOs available.

My last issue is a recurring theme: Is Cousins allowed to audible? I know he changes directions of runs at times, but I'm not sure if he ever completely changes plays. On the OT INT, there were three receivers to the right with only two defenders. I thought that was a perfect opportunity to just throw a quick hitter to one of them and give him a couple blockers.

My last issue is a recurring theme: Is Cousins allowed to audible? I know he changes directions of runs at times, but I'm not sure if he ever completely changes plays. On the OT INT, there were three receivers to the right with only two defenders. I thought that was a perfect opportunity to just throw a quick hitter to one of them and give him a couple blockers.
When the Skins have 3 receivers on 1 side they almost always throw to the receiver on the other side. I don't know why, it's not like it's fooling the other team or anything.

Not sure if he can audible, but the issue is that same as it has always been with Cousins. He locks onto a WR pre-snap and just goes that way. That pass to Grant should have never happened.

But it's all moot because Gruden is not going to bench Cousins this year. Through 5 games, I've seen nothing from Cousins that we didn't already know about him.

I think Cousins is a bit better this year. He's trying fewer risky (or boneheaded) passes. That by itself is an improvement. Of course, we're all wondering when Bad Kirk will come back and throw 3 or 4 INT's in a game. But he's avoided it so far, so there's that.

On Monday, following a 25-19 overtime loss at Atlanta that was riddled with missed opportunities in the passing game and a disappearing running game, Gruden turned his famously critical lens on his own play-calling.

And it didn’t measure up when it mattered most — particularly a key third-down call with 2 minutes 49 seconds remaining in regulation and the Redskins clinging to a 13-12 lead after momentum had shifted in the Falcons’ favor.

On third and goal from the Atlanta 6-yard line, Washington called a bubble screen to rookie wide receiver Jamison Crowder, who’d gained 14 yards on the same play in the second quarter. But this time the Falcons’ defense anticipated the play as Crowder took off in motion to his left. A linebacker streaked past tight end Derek Carrier and hammered the 5-foot-8, 185-pound rookie for a four-yard loss.

The only option from there — fourth and goal from the 10 — was a field goal. So the Redskins settled for the three points, taking a 16-12 lead, when they desperately needed a touchdown for a safer, potentially game-clinching margin.

“That was awful,” a weary-looking Gruden said Monday, asked if he was happy with the third-and-goal call. “Probably too conservative.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-jay-gruden-turns-the-critique-on-himself-saying-late-play-call-was-awful/2015/10/12/66447ca2-712e-11e5-8d93-0af317ed58c9_story.html

I could be wrong, but I took Sheehan's comments as a little bit of a poke at Gruden. In Gruden's press conference he mentioned Ryan Grant falling down several times. Sounded like something that Lovero and him were joking about.

That is odd. So does the RB coach know the play calls ahead of time and puts in a RB based on that? Or does he just throw out a RB and then the play calling gets adjusted? Seems strange that Gruden/McVay wouldn't have a say in which RB to put in.
It was really weird, you could tell that Czaben and Gauldi didn't know how to take it. Cooley said that Gruden has told the RB coach he should have a better feel for which RB is hot at the moment.

To continue my string of complaints regarding some general game management, here's a few things I really didn't like Sunday.

That third down screen to Crowder after the Breeland INT was just stupid. Throw the ball into the endzone. Maybe it would have worked a little better if they hadn't already run that play earlier in the game, albeit to the other side of the field. Or maybe if they had a play to fake that screen and then hit a TE right down the middle or something? Anyway, just way too conservative.

Second, Gruden failed with his timeouts again. After the fourth down conversion to Roddy White on Atlanta's final drive, the Falcons had a first and goal at the 6 with about 45 seconds left. At that point, time is more important to us than it was to them and it was more about getting four stops than letting the clock run. Gruden should have called a timeout. Instead, Atlanta takes their time (another clue that Gruden should have been stopping the clock) and runs 27 seconds off the clock.

It all worked out, but it required a long FG (which was an awesome, clutch kick). However, I was also a bit annoyed that the last pass to Crowder was a clear route designed for the sideline which wasn't needed since we still had two timeouts. I wonder how much closer they could have got had they taken advantage of the middle of the field. Or, maybe Crowder should have been instructed to not worry about running out of bounds and get some more yards since there were still two TOs available.

Gruden took responsibility for that call. Said it was too conservative and he should never had called it. That's the first time I've ever heard him assume any responsibility for a mistake.

I could be wrong, but I took Sheehan's comments as a little bit of a poke at Gruden. In Gruden's press conference he mentioned Ryan Grant falling down several times. Sounded like something that Lovero and him were joking about.
And I think Cooley's point is that Grant could have been there had he just run a typical out rather than doing that pivot first. Cooley said doing that pivot and then an out is a route they use. But, it really doesn't look like Grant had any intention of doing much of an out after that turn. It looked like he was staying right there. I think his "fall" was reacting to where the ball was.

I hope Cooley at least commented on Cousins' not stepping into his throw.

Cooley's film breakdown will confirm this. "Kirk did everything right on this play..."
"I like that throw"

"I put that on Grant"

:lol:

tangfoot said:

"I like that throw"

"I put that on Grant"

:lol:
That's about right.

Cooley insisted he, Chris Cooley, would have caught that throw every time. He was adamant that it was a good throw.

Of course, Cooley's been adamant that he'll play NFL football this year also, and that's not working out. Cardinals and Giants have tried him out and made no offer, and the Skins won't even try him out.

dgreen said:
thayman said:

And I think Cooley's point is that Grant could have been there had he just run a typical out rather than doing that pivot first. Cooley said doing that pivot and then an out is a route they use. But, it really doesn't look like Grant had any intention of doing much of an out after that turn. It looked like he was staying right there. I think his "fall" was reacting to where the ball was.

I hope Cooley at least commented on Cousins' not stepping into his throw.
I just watched the all 22 of this throw like 5 times and I think this is what happened too.

The ball is high and wide as Cousins was trying to avoid a hit as he threw. The DB was reading him the whole way and it was a rushed and poorly executed throw.

Overall Cooley's film breakdown is one of the best things on local sports radio but I ususally just turn the dial when he starts talking about his buddy. Zero objectivity. He's even turning Clinton Portis into a Cousins apologist.

DC Sports Bog with Cooley's comments on the Cousins pick: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/10/13/chris-cooley-if-you-blame-kirk-cousins-for-that-overtime-interception-youre-a-moron/

“There are three types of people judging this play, okay, three types,” Cooley said. “Let’s start with morons I’m fine with. You think Ryan Grant has no chance to make the catch? Fine. [it’s] your right to your opinion. You’re a moron. You say Kirk Cousins just throws up a pick, and you really, really, truly believe that that’s just a bad football play by a quarterback? You’re a moron. I’m fine with that. You’re wrong, but I’m fine with that.

“Second person,” Cooley went on, and please bear in mind that radio hosts are allowed to be entertaining, so don’t get all insulted. “You have some kind of vendetta or hope that Kirk Cousins fails for whatever reason, and you’re arguing it because of that. You’re an ###.

“Or you’re three, which is realistically what happened on the play,” Cooley said. “Here’s what happened on the play. This is where I’m at. It is an 8-yard ‘Scout’ route or ‘Hook’ route with a pivot to the outside. So it’s not a hitch, and in the game my call was a hitch, but it’s also hard to see in the game, in the timing of how fast it was. It’s an eight-step “Out,” in which he’s pivoting coming back out of the route. Not turning right around. So Kirk didn’t miss wide, wild outside with Ryan Grant breaking inside. He’s breaking to pivot outside.

Holy hell, Cooley couldn't be any more in the tank for Cousins if he tried.

DC Sports Bog with Cooley's comments on the Cousins pick: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/10/13/chris-cooley-if-you-blame-kirk-cousins-for-that-overtime-interception-youre-a-moron/

“There are three types of people judging this play, okay, three types,” Cooley said. “Let’s start with morons I’m fine with. You think Ryan Grant has no chance to make the catch? Fine. [it’s] your right to your opinion. You’re a moron. You say Kirk Cousins just throws up a pick, and you really, really, truly believe that that’s just a bad football play by a quarterback? You’re a moron. I’m fine with that. You’re wrong, but I’m fine with that.

“Second person,” Cooley went on, and please bear in mind that radio hosts are allowed to be entertaining, so don’t get all insulted. “You have some kind of vendetta or hope that Kirk Cousins fails for whatever reason, and you’re arguing it because of that. You’re an ###.

“Or you’re three, which is realistically what happened on the play,” Cooley said. “Here’s what happened on the play. This is where I’m at. It is an 8-yard ‘Scout’ route or ‘Hook’ route with a pivot to the outside. So it’s not a hitch, and in the game my call was a hitch, but it’s also hard to see in the game, in the timing of how fast it was. It’s an eight-step “Out,” in which he’s pivoting coming back out of the route. Not turning right around. So Kirk didn’t miss wide, wild outside with Ryan Grant breaking inside. He’s breaking to pivot outside.

Incredibly annoying. Especially since if you want to be objective there's quite a few plays where Cousins looked good. He looked poised and great for the second week in a row to drive down the field for a score. That's not something we're used to seeing here. But what a biased breakdown.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Curious to know the homers' thoughts on Crowder the rest of the way, particularly when DJax returns (assuming Reed is a ways away). Crowder is on my waiver wire and looking to stash him away.

Have to think that the return of DJax will reduce Crowder's targets, but without Reed he might remain the underneath safety blanket.

Thoughts?

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Is Cousins just avoiding throwing deep, is ineffective throwing deep, or doesn't have the time to throw deep?

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Is Cousins just avoiding throwing deep, is ineffective throwing deep, or doesn't have the time to throw deep?
He has had time, and throws the deepball pretty well. Since Jackson went out Gruden has not been calling any deep passes. There was one on Sunday that was spot on and would have been a TD but the DB was flagged for PI on Ross.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Curious to know the homers' thoughts on Crowder the rest of the way, particularly when DJax returns (assuming Reed is a ways away). Crowder is on my waiver wire and looking to stash him away.

Have to think that the return of DJax will reduce Crowder's targets, but without Reed he might remain the underneath safety blanket.

Thoughts?
Seems like a nice option for Cousins out of the slot, especially with Reed out. I just added him in one of my leagues.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Thoughts?
As soon as I wrote this, I took a look at DJax's stats last year. While he put up 1169 yards, he did it on only 56 receptions (thus a ridiculous 20.8 YPR). Target-wise, he averaged only just over 6 per game, so there seems to be room for Crowder as long as Garcon doesn't get the bulk.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Thoughts?
As soon as I wrote this, I took a look at DJax's stats last year. While he put up 1169 yards, he did it on only 56 receptions (thus a ridiculous 20.8 YPR). Target-wise, he averaged only just over 6 per game, so there seems to be room for Crowder as long as Garcon doesn't get the bulk.
Yeah, I think Crowder is going to continue to be ok in PPR. They want the ball in his hands. And definitely should be on a roster in every dynasty league. Both Jackson and Garcon are possibly gone next year.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

He has had time, and throws the deepball pretty well. Since Jackson went out Gruden has not been calling any deep passes. There was one on Sunday that was spot on and would have been a TD but the DB was flagged for PI on Ross.
Agree, I think they just don't call many deep passes. They seem to try Ross once per game, but that's it. And I know we all begged for 1 or 2 more shots per game to Jackson last year.

I know I've heard the stat that the Redskins lead the league in 10+ play drives. Part of that is because they run a lot, but also because they primarily throw short routes. I heard that stat a couple weeks ago; not sure if it's still true or not.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Thoughts?
Yeah, I think Crowder is going to continue to be ok in PPR. They want the ball in his hands. And definitely should be on a roster in every dynasty league. Both Jackson and Garcon are possibly gone next year.
Is Jackson's contract up? If so, then I agree with you. I will guarantee that Garcon and Roberts are gone.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Thoughts?
Is Jackson's contract up? If so, then I agree with you. I will guarantee that Garcon and Roberts are gone.
For some reason, I thought it was basically a 2yr deal. The team could get out of it after this season and owe him nothing if they moved on. Could be wrong though.

Ross - 3-70-23.3

Roberts - 5-54-10.8

Garcon - 27-267-9.9

Grant - 12-118-9.8

Crowder - 23-204-8.9

Total - 70-713-10.2

Thoughts?
For some reason, I thought it was basically a 2yr deal. The team could get out of it after this season and owe him nothing if they moved on. Could be wrong though.
I don't recall the specifics of the deal, but if they cut him after this year they owe him nothing. Even next year his salary is reasonable IIRC.

Jackson signed a 3 year contract, but it was designed that the Redskins could let him go without much ramifications after two years.

The Redskins’ offensive line and secondary practiced without four key players on Thursday. Left tackle Trent Williams was not active during individual drills because of a spine issue, while center Kory Lichtensteiger (shoulder/finger) and cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall (toe) and Chris Culliver (knee) were all absent.

Both Williams and Lichtensteiger were limited on Wednesday. They suffered their injuries last week during the 25-19 overtime loss to the Falcons at the Georgia Dome. It’s an offensive line that has already lost left guard Shawn Lauvao for the season. Josh LeRibeus would likely start at center and Ty Nsekhe at left tackle if both Williams and Lichtensteiger can’t play against the Jets this weekend.

Culliver appeared to have made progress on his knee injury as a limited participant Wednesday, but he wasn’t able to practice on consecutive days. Culliver didn’t suit up against the Falcons after playing through the injury against the Eagles two weeks ago. Hall has missed the past two games recovering from the toe injury he suffered in Week 3 against the Giants.

Tight end Jordan Reed has not practiced since suffering a concussion against the Eagles. He wasn’t out on the field either, unlike Wednesday’s practice, when he was present but not dressed.

Incredibly annoying. Especially since if you want to be objective there's quite a few plays where Cousins looked good. He looked poised and great for the second week in a row to drive down the field for a score. That's not something we're used to seeing here. But what a biased breakdown.
John Keim is apparently a moron according to Cooley.

Throw was too wide. Did not help that Ryan grant fell but was still too wide. Ballgame. Crusher.
First mistake on final INT: Kirk Cousins should have slid the protection to the left. error compounded by slip, wide pass.
Cooley's not the only one in the tank for Cousins either. This morning Jason Reid was actually yelling at Andy Pollan, saying that Grant fell down and the INT was his fault.

That's what has come of the last 9-12 months of those guys rooting for Griffin to lose his job. Now they compromise their reporting to defend Cousins and their opinions of him. Very annoying and just terrible reporting.

There's nothing wrong with saying "we don't have a good QB on the roster".

The Redskins’ offensive line and secondary practiced without four key players on Thursday. Left tackle Trent Williams was not active during individual drills because of a spine issue, while center Kory Lichtensteiger (shoulder/finger) and cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall (toe) and Chris Culliver (knee) were all absent.

Both Williams and Lichtensteiger were limited on Wednesday. They suffered their injuries last week during the 25-19 overtime loss to the Falcons at the Georgia Dome. It’s an offensive line that has already lost left guard Shawn Lauvao for the season. Josh LeRibeus would likely start at center and Ty Nsekhe at left tackle if both Williams and Lichtensteiger can’t play against the Jets this weekend.
God help us.

Users who are viewing this thread