What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2016 AtlanticHurricane Season thread *** (1 Viewer)

Haley also warned of an e-mail scam going around where you can click on a link to check for power outages. Once you click the link the scammers have access to your computer. The way she said it was that this wasn't just an SC problem but more widespread. 

Damn. Lots of moving water around Charleston. That stuff doesn't play. And yet, here I see people trying to drive through it 

Damn. Lots of moving water around Charleston. That stuff doesn't play. And yet, here I see people trying to drive through it 
I was watching a live FB video and the reporter is in their "storm chaser" vehicle, and he talks about this bridge to a barrier island being closed, you can see the weather is about at it's worst, and some fool goes driving by trying to get across the bridge. :no:

National Guard is still blocking access by vehicle to Anastasia Island, but multiple people in Lincolnville have returned to dry homes. Which is miraculous.

Sounds like flooding in Fayetteville NC is pretty bad.

In Fayetteville, authorities posted a curfew from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. to keep people indoors as they wait for high water to recede. Fayetteville has received almost a foot and a half of rain over the past 24 hours.

Once again its the wind that gets the hype and press....and its going to be the inland flooding that does the most damage and causes the most deaths. :(

Once again its the wind that gets the hype and press....and its going to be the inland flooding that does the most damage and causes the most deaths. :(
Yep, everything around here, Raleigh, is flooded.  Many roads are not passable.  Hell they shut down 4 miles of the interstate. Power has been out at least 12 hours and it seems everyone around us has power except for our road of about 20 homes, which is never a good sign when they are this busy.

Although it pales in comparison to you guys living it, we were on our way down to Southport NC to visit my mom who moved down about a year ago. Luckily, we had already planned to stay overnight in Richmond since we were traveling from NE Mass. We arrived last night around 8 pm and the last 30 miles or so were getting scary.  Parts of I-95 and parts of 40 are impassable in NC so we are able staying put another night here. Looks like we'll re-assess tomorrow before venturing out.

Although it pales in comparison to you guys living it, we were on our way down to Southport NC to visit my mom who moved down about a year ago. Luckily, we had already planned to stay overnight in Richmond since we were traveling from NE Mass. We arrived last night around 8 pm and the last 30 miles or so were getting scary.  Parts of I-95 and parts of 40 are impassable in NC so we are able staying put another night here. Looks like we'll re-assess tomorrow before venturing out.
The further south and east of there (Richmond, I'm ~45 miles SE) you were the worse it got. Though it was a little bit of hype, one of the weather geeks posted this last night: ****ALL MAJOR ROADS IN SOUTHEAST VA INCLUDING 460 IS CLOSED****

Boyfriend of our niece was trying to get home last night and turned his car (used to be my wife's car/SUV) down one road and it was flooded, turned down another and it too was flooded but apparently he couldn't tell or didn't think it was as bad as it was. He ended up having to climb out of the window. The car is likely a total loss.

Boyfriend of our niece was trying to get home last night and turned his car (used to be my wife's car/SUV) down one road and it was flooded, turned down another and it too was flooded but apparently he couldn't tell or didn't think it was as bad as it was. He ended up having to climb out of the window. The car is likely a total loss.
That decision could have killed him.  There is a bridge near my house that flooded and swept away a dad and little girl.  They are saying someone died there again yesterday.  Still flooded now and people keep trying to go that way.  It is taped off so they have to turn around.  In the power companies infinite wisdom, they decided to put the transformer to most our subdivision night next to said bridge.  Power company called and said it would be several days until fixed.

On the bright side the weather outside is perfect.

Day two of limbo...

Our family is split down the middle whether we should continue on with the trip. Governor of NC says he doesn't recommend coming there from out of state.  We could go to DC early and spend a few days there.  I think we could get to Southport but then there's not a lot to do if the rest of the area is busy trying to recover. Tough call.  FBG's weigh in...

Skip it. It will be a colossAl bummer. But make sure to come back and spend some money there.

Crazy seeing the juxtaposition of friends getting home to dry houses with people who lost everything. With the difference in some cases simply being a foot or two taller crawl space.

Thanks Apple, I was outvoted by the family.  We are headed back to DC and will spend an extra night so we'll have more time to see things.

Got power back last night.  

This sucks:

Two deaths were reported in Johnston. One was Diamond Shuntelle Bennett of Selma, whose car was swept away in floodwaters on Interstate 95 near mile marker 85 on Saturday night, according to State Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Jeff Gordon. Bennett was found shortly before 6 a.m. Sunday

The other was one of five people who got stuck inside a Nissan Versa that became submerged in floodwaters on Cornwallis Road near N.C. 42 in the Cleveland community, Gordon said.

Is right before my subdivision, less than a mile from my house.  They just rebuilt the bridge a few years ago but it still got flooded.    There were a ton of troopers just standing on the bridge on my way to work this morning.   Guessing they were recovering the body.  

Last edited by a moderator:
One positive for me regarding Matthew is that my A/C has been off since Saturday afternoon and hopefully won't be cut back on until next year sometime. Bye Bye $300 electric bill.

One positive for me regarding Matthew is that my A/C has been off since Saturday afternoon and hopefully won't be cut back on until next year sometime. Bye Bye $300 electric bill.
I had to turn the damn heat on (in the 40s this morning). Had the AC off Saturday but wife turned it back on since it was getting humid in the house. From AC to heat in 2 days. <_<

It was a little chilly this morning inside but per the thermostat it's 74 degrees.

I think it got down in the low 50s here last night.

48 hoors without power, duke energy says 10/16 by 11.45p.  gonna head to hotel, an extended stay near me has 89- night For 7 nights.  we would ride it out, but without hot water, the fridge and it being pitch black by 6.30, may as well be human till power is back.

i am blowing 4K For a 10k watt generator and whole House hookup i priced in january.  all i will have to do is plus the generator into the jack and watch the circuits.  also suffered roof and water damage.  my flashing pulled and mainly my garage got wet ceiling and walls.  need some drywall stuff.

also, Just back from walmart, grabbed my beagle a Ken bone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no power here in VA and dealing with water damage at rental properties for 2 days straight......good thing it "missed" us. :loco:

Hope everyone out there made it OK, we are lucky considering.

48 hoors without power, duke energy says 10/16 by 11.45p.  gonna head to hotel, an extended stay near me has 89- night For 7 nights.  we would ride it out, but without hot water, the fridge and it being pitch black by 6.30, may as well be human till power is back.

i am blowing 4K For a 10k watt generator and whole House hookup i priced in january.  all i will have to do is plus the generator into the jack and watch the circuits.  also suffered roof and water damage.  my flashing pulled and mainly my garage got wet ceiling and walls.  need some drywall stuff.

also, Just back from walmart, grabbed my beagle a Ken bone.
They told me several days and it was on hours later.   I know people that live next to each other that got the several days response and the other 10/16.   10/16 seems insane.   I can't believe it will be that long.

Anyone have a good site to follow what Nicole is doing to Bermuda today? Wife and I are going down on Saturday and seems like weather should be clear by tomorrow but want to get a sense of potential damage/power outages.

Anyone have a good site to follow what Nicole is doing to Bermuda today? Wife and I are going down on Saturday and seems like weather should be clear by tomorrow but want to get a sense of potential damage/power outages.

Hopefully there is still a Bermuda to fly to after Nicole.

Users who are viewing this thread