What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2016 AtlanticHurricane Season thread *** (1 Viewer)

Good news:  The storm is weakening. 

Bad news:  The new forecast is a bit North and impacts Charleston directly.

Well I just lost a tree.At least it fell away from the house missed the power lines too.However it did take out my fence my neighbors fence and his shed.Going to be a pain in the butt letting my Bloodhound out for the next few days.

Well I just lost a tree.At least it fell away from the house missed the power lines too.However it did take out my fence my neighbors fence and his shed.Going to be a pain in the butt letting my Bloodhound out for the next few days.
firstworldproblems

;)

See some Florida chatter that the hurricane was a bust. They should look at Haiti and count their blessings the storm stayed off shore. Ts & Ps to the SC FBG.

See some Florida chatter that the hurricane was a bust. They should look at Haiti and count their blessings the storm stayed off shore. Ts & Ps to the SC FBG.
You mean like this idiot in the top comment? 1) It's not over yet. 2) A shift of 20 miles to the west and conditions are a lot different.

Brian-Nolan Complete Pro-Maintenance Where is all the catastrophic damage, Channel 9 did it again, thanks for hyping everyone up for nothing. Where are the straight 18 hours of wind. I have 7 leaves on my driveway. Please do us all a favor and stop scaring the hell out of people.

https://www.facebook.com/wftv/videos/10154303543023145/

Isn't that a good thing?  I mean...would the people of Cocoa Beach and all the spared communities (so far) wish that their homes were destroyed?

It worked out as good as it could for Florida.  The storm ran into major eyewall issues, never really resolved them, and then it tracked just off-coast.  The Western side of the eyewall was always the weakest as well.

The storm surge in GA/SC is now the biggest concern, but overall it's gone about as well as we could have hoped for.  Wednesday evening when the storm started exploding in strength and when the models and the NHC had this thing a little more to the west, it looked like a nightmare scenario.

Now we just have to hope it keeps slowly weakening and stays just off-shore.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean like this idiot in the top comment? 1) It's not over yet. 2) A shift of 20 miles to the west and conditions are a lot different.

Brian-Nolan Complete Pro-Maintenance Where is all the catastrophic damage, Channel 9 did it again, thanks for hyping everyone up for nothing. Where are the straight 18 hours of wind. I have 7 leaves on my driveway. Please do us all a favor and stop scaring the hell out of people.

:lmao:

It was all a Channel 9 conspiracy!

Yea it's not over just thankful that it has stayed offshore.I consider it a hit when no damage or lives are lost.So for me it is not a bust.I'm going to be a little inconveinienced but it could have been a lot worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mjolnirs, how big of a concern is the storm surge going to be at your house. They're reporting on the local news, WLTX, that storm surge would affect half of Jasper and Beaufort Counties. You are in Charleston Co? 

Stay safe.

Mjolnirs, how big of a concern is the storm surge going to be at your house. They're reporting on the local news, WLTX, that storm surge would affect half of Jasper and Beaufort Counties. You are in Charleston Co? 

Stay safe.
He is in Berkeley County, about 15 miles inland.  Near a feeder creek to the Cooper River that could hurt things though.

Code:
SUMMARY OF 200 PM EDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...29.7N 80.7W
ABOUT 40 MI...60 KM ESE OF ST. AUGUSTINE FLORIDA
ABOUT 60 MI...95 KM SE OF JACKSONVILLE BEACH FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...115 MPH...185 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNW OR 345 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...947 MB...27.97 INCHES

Not sure if this is accurate so I will try to get link, but some meteorologists are saying that remnants of Matthew could intensify after the weekend and swing around to hit Eastern FL again early next week.

Not sure if this is accurate so I will try to get link, but some meteorologists are saying that remnants of Matthew could intensify after the weekend and swing around to hit Eastern FL again early next week.
Models have been showing this as a possibility for several days. 

Heard Jim Cantore on an interview this morning, and he was asked about mis-predicting storms. He replied that he'd rather predict a storm this way than be wrong and have a storm be larger than he predicted.

As of now they're not showing a re-intensification but they do show it doing a clockwise loop and hitting FL once again, possibly as a TS.

Jax Beach dunes breached and town is flooded enough that residents might not be able to return tomorrow 

Users who are viewing this thread