What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official**** 2017 Denver Broncos (1 Viewer)

Broncos faithful, why can't Paxton Lynch win the QB job from the very average, weak-armed Sieman? This guy is killing D Thomas' numbers. Thomas should be a good WR1 but he's been playing at his floor for a couple years now. My hope was the strong armed Lynch would get him going.....but the guy can't even win the starting job. Why? Struggling with the mental part of the game? 

Broncos faithful, why can't Paxton Lynch win the QB job from the very average, weak-armed Sieman? This guy is killing D Thomas' numbers. Thomas should be a good WR1 but he's been playing at his floor for a couple years now. My hope was the strong armed Lynch would get him going.....but the guy can't even win the starting job. Why? Struggling with the mental part of the game? 
I honestly don't like D Thomas and haven't for years. Maybe, his numbers suck because he can't catch a damn ball. He drops passes I could catch, and I haven't played football in 15 years. Furthermore, get out of here with that very average weak-armed crap. Siemian thew it all over the field and ran all over the field. Only times he looks average is when the oline decides not to block.

I honestly don't like D Thomas and haven't for years. Maybe, his numbers suck because he can't catch a damn ball. He drops passes I could catch, and I haven't played football in 15 years. Furthermore, get out of here with that very average weak-armed crap. Siemian thew it all over the field and ran all over the field. Only times he looks average is when the oline decides not to block.
I like Sieman as a career backup. He's patient and smart and unflappable. His arm is weak as hell though. Some QBs can get away with weak arms in the right system I suppose, but Sieman's drags his WRs down with him. 

Also the bold is just ridiculous. You don't haul in an average of 98 catches a year over a five year period with different QBs because you can't catch. 

The problem isn't his receptions, it's the lack of TDs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Sieman as a career backup. He's patient and smart and unflappable. His arm is weak as hell though. Some QBs can get away with weak arms in the right system I suppose, but Sieman's drags his WRs down with him. 

Also the bold is just ridiculous. You don't haul in an average of 98 catches a year over a five year period with different QBs because you can't catch. 

The problem isn't his receptions, it's the lack of TDs. 
Lol man I was responding to you. You said Trevor was "killing Dts numbers" I offered a valid reason why. If DT would stop dropping easy catches, he'd probably have better stats. Its been this way with him for years and its very annoying to watch.

Then you reiterate how Trevor has such a weak arm and then go on to laud about DTs stats from before. Back when Manning was QB, the same Manning whose arm strength had gone downhill. So its ok for Manning to have a weak arm, but not Siemian simply because DT put up more stats with Manning? If Siemian was a 1-3 round pick would you be saying he's only backup material? Answer honestly please.

Lol man I was responding to you. You said Trevor was "killing Dts numbers" I offered a valid reason why. If DT would stop dropping easy catches, he'd probably have better stats. Its been this way with him for years and its very annoying to watch.

Then you reiterate how Trevor has such a weak arm and then go on to laud about DTs stats from before. Back when Manning was QB, the same Manning whose arm strength had gone downhill. So its ok for Manning to have a weak arm, but not Siemian simply because DT put up more stats with Manning? If Siemian was a 1-3 round pick would you be saying he's only backup material? Answer honestly please.
Manning was perhaps the most intelligent and aware QB in NFL history. He's an example, like Montana, of a QB who could get away with a weaker arm. Siemian is not.

My evaluation is based on his performance, not something as stupid as a draft position. Siemian is a game manager. There's value in that, but mostly as a placeholder or quality backup who can win you a couple games until the starter is back. 

So whatever happened to Lynch then? No one has answered that.

Manning was perhaps the most intelligent and aware QB in NFL history. He's an example, like Montana, of a QB who could get away with a weaker arm. Siemian is not.

My evaluation is based on his performance, not something as stupid as a draft position. Siemian is a game manager. There's value in that, but mostly as a placeholder or quality backup who can win you a couple games until the starter is back. 

So whatever happened to Lynch then? No one has answered that.
He got beat out by Trevor Siemian - by a wide margin I would add.

Lynch is a slow decision maker, has terrible footwork, fails to keep his head up and looking downfield when under pressure, lacks self awareness on his own weaknesses, and hasn't improved much from his raw strengths since he arrived. He's looking like a bust - I don't know if the lightbulb will ever come on honestly. He's not the answer at QB.

I think Trevor is just fine on this team - he allows the Broncos to spend money on this killer defense. He keeps looking better to my eyes - loved the long throw to DT last night, the line shot down the seam to Virgil Green. Some good choice in the red zone to Fowler and his scrambles - just missed to Sanders on the sideline for a TD and threw a bit long to Sanders as well. Wish he would have watched the sacks last night - but this O Line is bad.

The guy has had the deck stacked against him to get the job since he arrived and he's beaten back the competition each year - 1st year to just make it as a 7th rd on to the roster, then last year beating out Sanchez and Lynch - then this year beating out Lynch when Elway tried to stack it for Lynch. Says a lot about his ability and character to me. 

I'd never question Siemian's heart or commitment. I actually like him a lot. I just don't think he's starter material. 

Siemien is a starter. He is not a guy who will put a team on his back and carry it, but he has shown that you can win with him (9-6 as a starter).  The Broncos job is to win games, not jack up DT's numbers, which, like has been said, would be better if he stopped dropping balls.  

Good to see the Run D is back to being a strength. :yes:  

Patrick Smyth‏Verified account @psmyth12  2h2 hours ago

More

Broncos' D has faced a Pro Bowl RB in each of its first 4 games, holding those four players (12 Pro Bowls) to 50 att for 95 yds (1.9 avg).

holy mama, what happened?  2 weeks to prepare for the Giants & you lay an egg?  Basically score 3 pts until the meaningless gift TD at the end.  At home no less.  vent over.   Not really, I'm still peeved.

Great defense, lousy offense. Elway needs to take heat for Osweiler & Lynch. Siemian is a nice late round find but he's a backup, not a permanent franchise QB.

holy mama, what happened?  2 weeks to prepare for the Giants & you lay an egg?  Basically score 3 pts until the meaningless gift TD at the end.  At home no less.  vent over.   Not really, I'm still peeved.
Pretty simple - this offensive line is hot garbage. Elway should have been making moves with his DB pawns in trades to help the situation. Instead we have 6 great DBs - and to let 2 walk away for nothing while still having junk on the  Ole Line. It was pathetic watching them get blown off the line like that and all year(and in previous years) they can't even pick up 1 yard. Add to it the constant holding calls that put the offense off schedule and it makes no difference who the quarterback is - they aren't going anywhere until they get rid of the Oline except for Bolles.

Great defense, lousy offense. Elway needs to take heat for Osweiler & Lynch. Siemian is a nice late round find but he's a backup, not a permanent franchise QB.
this....outside of getting Manning to come Denver (which really had a lot to do with Fox as well)...and the other free agents that came here because of Manning....Elway is probably an average to below average GM.....he has swung and missed on two highly drafted QB's and has needed a 7th rounder to bail him out to keep this team an average team....when he decided to give Von the money that the QB usually gets....he needed to be right on either Brock or Lynch.....he misread the market on Brock and should have offered him a contract earlier (before Mannings last season was over)....then tried to jump back in upping his offer but by that time Brock was already pissed.....he then also misread the market on CJA and ended up having to pay more for him as well.....Thomas and Sanders getting paid some serious cash but not justifying it....he has also missed on several olineman in the draft....and sat back at the beginning of free agency and watched anything that was worth their salt at oline (except for Leary) sign elsewhere.....they really needed tackles not guards like Leary....he actually thought guys like Stevenson would suffice...another swing and miss (and a healthy sctratch last night)......problem is, there isn't a QB on the roster to take this team (with a Super Bowl window type defense) very far.....and Elway not going to be able to solve it through free agency by bringing in another big name....cause Von is getting that cash....he hired Joseph to be his yes man and tried to force Paxtun into the starting role, they wanted him so badly to win the job, but he just isn't good enough.... 

Amy Denver homers that can provide some insight on why Denver's fantasy D has been so average?  Any thoughts on whether they'll get better?  They have a rough schedule coming up but a real nice playoff schedule in NYJ and IND in weeks 14 and 15.

Amy Denver homers that can provide some insight on why Denver's fantasy D has been so average?  Any thoughts on whether they'll get better?  They have a rough schedule coming up but a real nice playoff schedule in NYJ and IND in weeks 14 and 15.
Offenses have been doubling von so reduced pressure and less turnovers.  They are still elite, but it would help if the offense would stop turning the ball over and if Shane ray comes back.

Pretty simple - this offensive line is hot garbage. Elway should have been making moves with his DB pawns in trades to help the situation. Instead we have 6 great DBs - and to let 2 walk away for nothing while still having junk on the  Ole Line. It was pathetic watching them get blown off the line like that and all year(and in previous years) they can't even pick up 1 yard. Add to it the constant holding calls that put the offense off schedule and it makes no difference who the quarterback is - they aren't going anywhere until they get rid of the Oline except for Bolles.
All true.  The o-line is a little better than last year, but still not good enough.  

The defense is still good enough to win 8-9 games this year, but that puts them in no-man's land: not a real threat come playoff time, and too good to get a high draft pick to snag one of the hot QB prospects in the next draft. 

Going to be a long second half of the season.....with NE on deck....defense leaking oil.....Paxton will get a shot soon and then its a matter of do you just try to tank games so Elway has a better chance of picking the wrong QB again next year....

DT or Sanders worth a start this week?  DT didn't look too bad last week.  Another week of prep work help?  How does Sanders look with Brock?  Are either worth a pickup?

Users who are viewing this thread