What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

I'm really confused as to why their are people in here now bashing Eagles fans.  Did I miss something or is just the cool thing to do? 
Get ready. If the Eagles stay hot and continue to contend, it will get worse. If they have nothing bad to say about Wentz and Co., they'll remind us that we took out Rafeal Septian in 1988.  :lmao:

Not to pick a fight but you don't hear stories like this coming out of Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc.

Philly fans are loyal, but you can't say they haven't been one of the quicker ones to turn on their team... 

In these forums you guys seem like normal fans of any other team, so again, not trying to pick a fight. I enjoy talking with you guys and you seem like a fun bunch. Unlike some of the more negative stories one might hear coming from any city out there. 
We may talk sh!t about our front office or coaches, but we are as loyal as any fans in the league. Every one of us is still right here. As I stated earlier, we have grown to be a cynical bunch. Unlike bad franchises like Cleveland, we have been right there. Many times. And we are used to falling short. Either in the championship game or the Super Bowl. It's what we're used to. But I'd take these guys into a back alley or fox hole with me any day of the week. Loyal and tough. That's what this bunch really is.  Not classless and bullying, like some people would like to believe.

OK, I thought I missed something.  Suddenly @Biabreakable was posting some cheap shot and others piled on I guess. And no we have 6 year old articles being posted.  Jeez, who invited these guys in. LOL.
That seemed so out of character for him. If it's the guy I'm thinking of. Didn't he used to post a real comprehensive running back match up report every week? I don't recall him being a troll before. Oh well. 

We may talk sh!t about our front office or coaches, but we are as loyal as any fans in the league. Every one of us is still right here. As I stated earlier, we have grown to be a cynical bunch. Unlike bad franchises like Cleveland, we have been right there. Many times. And we are used to falling short. Either in the championship game or the Super Bowl. It's what we're used to. But I'd take these guys into a back alley or fox hole with me any day of the week. Loyal and tough. That's what this bunch really is.  Not classless and bullying, like some people would like to believe.
No, I wouldn't call the Philly fan base classless and bullying. I think cynical is a good description. Like I said, I think Philly fans get a bad rap in general because some like to be obnoxious and bullying, but that is the exception not the rule IMO. You just hear about the bad apples because i's what makes news. 

Not to pick a fight but you don't hear stories like this coming out of Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc.

Philly fans are loyal, but you can't say they haven't been one of the quicker ones to turn on their team... 

In these forums you guys seem like normal fans of any other team, so again, not trying to pick a fight. I enjoy talking with you guys and you seem like a fun bunch. Unlike some of the more negative stories one might hear coming from any city out there. 
Sure

You

Do

Only the examples I have are much, much worse. 

I'm really confused as to why their are people in here now bashing Eagles fans.  Did I miss something or is just the cool thing to do? 
No, it's not cool.

But you got some idiot guy or two in here who troll the other threads swearing that Zeke is a mass woman beating perv, or that Jerry Jones is a Russian spy, etc. so while they got no proof that either is true, they like to be douches in there. Consequently others are coming here and doing the same. It would be cool if all threads could be like the good posters we do have in both threads and put down the team color hatred and discuss. But that would be fantasy life, not fantasy football.

No, it's not cool.

But you got some idiot guy or two in here who troll the other threads swearing that Zeke is a mass woman beating perv, or that Jerry Jones is a Russian spy, etc. so while they got no proof that either is true, they like to be douches in there. Consequently others are coming here and doing the same. It would be cool if all threads could be like the good posters we do have in both threads and put down the team color hatred and discuss. But that would be fantasy life, not fantasy football.
There were plenty of people bashing Michael Vick when he was an eagle. And deservedly so. We took our lumps. Jerry Jones has made the choice to disregard character and go after the Greg Hardy's, Gregory's, and Elliott's in his quest to try to regain greatness. And it may pay off eventually. BUt doen't think those character issues are going to go unmentioned. 

There were plenty of people bashing Michael Vick when he was an eagle. And deservedly so. We took our lumps. Jerry Jones has made the choice to disregard character and go after the Greg Hardy's, Gregory's, and Elliott's in his quest to try to regain greatness. And it may pay off eventually. BUt doen't think those character issues are going to go unmentioned. 
Wasn't Vick convicted? Please post where Zeke has even been CHARGED???

How about you guys make a new thread about which fan base/players' character is the worst and duke it out there?  
This.  Love how a mediocre .500 team is looking for attention since the only thing getting them attention these days is their woman-beating running back. .  

You guys should start a Cowboys team thread.   :lmao:

OK, I thought I missed something.  Suddenly @Biabreakable was posting some cheap shot and others piled on I guess. And no we have 6 year old articles being posted.  Jeez, who invited these guys in. LOL.
Threads just take strange digressions sometimes. I was merely commenting on the image that Philly fans like to portray as well as the media when at this point I believe it to just be a cliche. Meaning, Philly fans are really no different but some circles like to cling to that past image.

No hate intended by me.  

This.  Love how a mediocre .500 team is looking for attention since the only thing getting them attention these days is their woman-beating running back. .  

You guys should start a Cowboys team thread.   :lmao:
Not looking for attn. Just chuckling at the Eagles fans posts around here lately since they've won some games in Sept and October. All in good fun 

They did get a full year out of him despite how much you all wished it would be a complete failure.

The Eagles fans wishing other teams are so poorly managed is something that I hope comes back and bites you. Its really unnecessary salt in the womb Dbaggery on some of your parts.

I guess your team doing well isn't enough.
You mad bro?

I'm not staff anymore.

Though there have been people in the past told to not post in specific threads again, yes.
Was half joking but thanks for answering the call! Was just curious if it was part of the software. I know some boards can ban individuals from certain threads, pretty cool feature. :thumbup:  

Not looking for attn. Just chuckling at the Eagles fans posts around here lately since they've won some games in Sept and October. All in good fun 
1.  You've won 2 playoff games in 20 years.  Don't think you should be jabbing at September and October wins.
2.  If you've been in here at all lately like you claim, we are FAR from a cocky bunch about our record/super bowl chances.

1.  You've won 2 playoff games in 20 years.  Don't think you should be jabbing at September and October wins.
2.  If you've been in here at all lately like you claim, we are FAR from a cocky bunch about our record/super bowl chances.
Oh boy.  Now you did it. Soon we'll be hearing about the Aikman years as Springsteen's Glory Days plays in my mind. 

So... tough defense this week. The equalizer is Osweiller at QB. 

Eagles 24-13
I almost feel sorry for Osweiller which is German for about to get a mudhole stomoed through his ###. 

Very excited to see how Carson and the gang handle a defensive test like this.

So... tough defense this week. The equalizer is Osweiller at QB. 

Eagles 24-13
I have a not so great feeling about the game this weekend.  But then again, usually when I have that, we win.  So hoping that stays true.

Yes we are the way better team.  Yes Doug doesn't seem to let the team not be mentally prepared.  Every single thing is pointing towards a win, which is what has me a little worried.  

3 straight home games might have us in too much of a comfort zone playing against a team that is playing to save their season this week and a qb that is playing to save his career this week.

24-21.

1. I don't think I've typed anything positive about the Cowboys chance to win a SB since I joined the board.

2. This isn't the only thread Eagles fans post in on this board. In the last several days I've read that people are jealous of Wentz and other players, Trump is going to get us killed in the yr that Philly is finally going to win it all, winning bringing out the haters , etc

If you think people are going to post those things and not take #### for it, I'm not sure what to tell you. 

Is this thread only guys' safe space where you slap each other on the back and talk about how great the team is this yr? If so, my bad

1. I don't think I've typed anything positive about the Cowboys chance to win a SB since I joined the board.

2. This isn't the only thread Eagles fans post in on this board. In the last several days I've read that people are jealous of Wentz and other players, Trump is going to get us killed in the yr that Philly is finally going to win it all, winning bringing out the haters , etc

If you think people are going to post those things and not take #### for it, I'm not sure what to tell you. 

Is this thread only guys' safe space where you slap each other on the back and talk about how great the team is this yr? If so, my bad
Here's a thought, call out those guys in those threads.  Personally, I don't do any of that crap, so I don't need to see this garbage in this thread.  Thanks.

1.  Didn't say you did.  Just saying that with your recent December/January struggles, seemed ironic to jab at someone for being happy about Sept/Oct wins.

2.  Haven't personally seen that much myself.  If you visit here, you'll see we're pretty much a very cautiously optimistic group.  Of course we're happy we're doing so well, wouldn't you be?  If someone comes in here bashing the team or the fans, what are we supposed to do?  Say nothing and take it?  What would you say if you were 7-1 and someone from a 4-3 team came in unprovoked and started yapping their mouth?  I'm sure you might bring up your record.  Boys' fans are notorious for bringing up their own successes both past and current when provoked, so I'm sure you would do the same thing.

3.  No, anyone is welcome to give insight into the team and discuss things.  Your first post in here ever being " :lmao: Eagles fans" doesn't exactly show that you have much interest in doing that.

I realize you've had some down sports moments this week, but be better than that.

1.  Didn't say you did.  Just saying that with your recent December/January struggles, seemed ironic to jab at someone for being happy about Sept/Oct wins.

2.  Haven't personally seen that much myself.  If you visit here, you'll see we're pretty much a very cautiously optimistic group.  Of course we're happy we're doing so well, wouldn't you be?  If someone comes in here bashing the team or the fans, what are we supposed to do?  Say nothing and take it?  What would you say if you were 7-1 and someone from a 4-3 team came in unprovoked and started yapping their mouth?  I'm sure you might bring up your record.  Boys' fans are notorious for bringing up their own successes both past and current when provoked, so I'm sure you would do the same thing.

3.  No, anyone is welcome to give insight into the team and discuss things.  Your first post in here ever being " :lmao: Eagles fans" doesn't exactly show that you have much interest in doing that.

I realize you've had some down sports moments this week, but be better than that.
"Eagles fans lol" did you read the quotes above that post? There was nothing wrong with that post. Grow some skin

I was only in here because I traded for Ajayi a few days ago and was interested in reading about his possible involvement on his new team.

Fwiw the Dodgers had a great yr, I enjoyed it. If you think I'd come in here and bust balls because they lost last night you're wrong. Wth do the Eagles have to do with that? :lol:

Not sure why their loss has been pointed out to me at least twice in this thread today. Eagles fans gonna eagle I guess  ?

If anything you guys have been pessimistic. I'm still mad non of you told me to keep Wentz for a 14th round pick as my QB1 from last season. You guys totally undersold him as a high QB2!! ;)  I need you guys to be a little more like they accuse you to be. 

"Eagles fans lol" did you read the quotes above that post? There was nothing wrong with that post. Grow some skin

I was only in here because I traded for Ajayi a few days ago and was interested in reading about his possible involvement on his new team.

Fwiw the Dodgers had a great yr, I enjoyed it. If you think I'd come in here and bust balls because they lost last night you're wrong. Wth do the Eagles have to do with that? :lol:

Not sure why their loss has been pointed out to me at least twice in this thread today. Eagles fans gonna eagle I guess  ?
Yes I read the quotes.  The context of those posts was mainly in jest.

And the Dodgers were mentioned because it's clear you came in here with a purpose to troll or get a rise.  Funny you can dish jabs at Eagles' fans and past success' but get defensive over anyone saying anything about your teams.  But hey, Cowboys fans gonna Cowboys fan I guess.

If anything you guys have been pessimistic. I'm still mad non of you told me to keep Wentz for a 14th round pick as my QB1 from last season. You guys totally undersold him as a high QB2!! ;)  I need you guys to be a little more like they accuse you to be. 
I'll admit I didn't see Carson as a high QB1 this year from a fantasy prospective.  Saw him as a low end QB1.  @Bigboy10182000 was pretty vocal about him being a top 5 fantasy QB this year from the start though.

Users who are viewing this thread