What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (2 Viewers)

it is different with this fanbase then others. i think a great example is that d-bag who beat up the old dude in the Carolina game. you see that video and you see this punk beat up an old man sitting down and everyone looking on, filming it or just in awe. First thing i thought of is that an incident like that would be different in Philadelphia. 

It's funny because i assumed other fanbases were like us, but i guess there is something with some groups of fans, and in Philadelphia I would bet the over that there is a 95% chance if that incident occurs that some dudes sitting around and seeing it would have pummeled that kid and held him there for security, or something else. I have never seen a kid turn around and punch an old man sitting, but i have witnessed fan correcting at other events, and to be honest it seems like it is just a normal thing to do. That is why i was so surprised that so many people reacted so differently. It just seemed like a given, and even sort of any responsible adult in that area, to stop that kid from beating the old man up and likely utilizing force to do it. 

I know other fans see this as fake bravado, or some sort of machismo, but for the most part it really isn't. It is just kind of a fact, and if that happened in Philly and the surrounding fans reacted the same way i would be hugely dissapointed. It's the kind of thing if i was in the crowd and on tape watching some old dude, who is sitting down, get beat up and people/family i knew saw that, i would catch a ton of heat. Dissapointed looks, etc.

But i think it i a fact that this fanbase (and i am sure there are a handful out there where it is similar. I equate it more to a NE/blue-collar city thing then just Philly) would feel a responsibility to do something, and not really care or think about how it looks or whatever people would do. And i think this carries over to the fandom from the fanbase. I think we would all agree it isn't always positive and not all would think this way (i'm hoping 60/40, but we all know the Philly fanbase has more then their fair share of idiots), but it is a bit of a different mentality
Someone definitely would've done something. I was at a Phillies game a few yrs ago some punk kid was picking on an older couple. People stepped in before anything really bad happened and two people held the punk till security got there. If the incident in Carolina happened here I'm willing to bet big bucks that kid doesn't make it out of the Linc unharmed Probably would be sipping his foot from a straw in a hospital bed. 

he came in here talking trash yes Im sure he has been a fan a while two top franchise from different parts of the country thats what you call a bandwagon fan. Funny how most people arent Browns and Padres fans when they do that or did he just happen to like the uniforms
since you're the fan police what two teams are ok to be fans of? last I checked the Dodgers were worst in the league not long ago and mr cowboy fan was here then with the same avatar. 

you say he came in here talking stuff... so it's ok to be a jackass and accuse another of being a jackass of he' being a jackass first? come on... this is what gives you guys a bad rap... 

Wentz and Schwartz. Ironic that both names oddly end in Z. They are the reason I feel most confident this week and every week. 

Wentz vs Osweiler in a tough D matchup. He’s won every QB matchup. Who do you favor to make the plays to win?

Schwartz vs Osweiler. Schwartz is a mastermind. I’m sure he’s beside himself currently loving this Osweiler film study.

That being said, I get a feel that turnovers will decide this game. Another area that the Eagles excel. Great test. 

It's just the typical bandwagon fan team picks. Like in the 90s was Yankees Cowboys. Lebron James is a Yankees cowboys fan and given how he's handled his team picking they like to bring up how he's a bandwagon player. 
so if I like Green bay Packers, Houston Astros, and the Pittsburgh Penguins I'm a bandwagon fan? 

what if I said I grew up in a green bay fan home, Nolan Ryan was my all time favorite player as a child (naming my child after him if hes a boy), been a fan of the Penguins since I was 12 years old and played NHL Hockey on my Sega and always chose the 90s Penguins (a fan much to my father in laws dismay... he's a huge flyers fan)? yeah... I guess liking a those franchises can be very trendy since they've have had recent successes, nevermind I've been a fan for over 20 years of all 3

Last edited by a moderator:
since you're the fan police what two teams are ok to be fans of? last I checked the Dodgers were worst in the league not long ago and mr cowboy fan was here then with the same avatar. 

you say he came in here talking stuff... so it's ok to be a jackass and accuse another of being a jackass of he' being a jackass first? come on... this is what gives you guys a bad rap... 
I’m sure he suffered through those hard Golden State Warrior years on his way to buy his Lebron jersey too. 

And he wasn’t here when the Dodgers were bad. He joined last year AKA after they won their 4th consecutive divisor title. 

so if I like Green bay Packers, Houston Astros, and the Pittsburgh Penguins I'm a bandwagon fan? 
Yes 

Chiefs and Rockies.  Possibly the mariners.

:yes:

I’m sure he suffered through those hard Golden State Warrior years on his way to buy his Lebron jersey too. 

And he wasn’t here when the Dodgers were bad. He joined last year AKA after they won their 4th consecutive divisor title. 

Yes 
You're an idiot. Thanks for playing

This thread took a wrong turn towards suckitude.

Fan policing sounds like a great topic for the Free for All, and if fans of divisional rivals want to argue, maybe a thread in the SP can be made for each division?

My main concern this week is the team looking past Denver towards the bye. If Pederson can keep them grounded and focused they should win. Birds 27 - 17

It's very rare most of us talk smack in here unless someone comes in and starts yapping, then of course the natural reaction of most people is to say something back.

That being said, he finally shut up and left.  We should have left it alone at that and not provoked him to return.  No need for that.

Let's move on to Denver shall we.

what if I said I grew up in a green bay fan home, Nolan Ryan was my all time favorite player as a child (naming my child after him if hes a boy), been a fan of the Penguins since I was 12 years old and played NHL Hockey on my Sega and always chose the 90s Penguins (a fan much to my father in laws dismay... he's a huge flyers fan)? yeah... I guess liking a those franchises can be very trendy since they've have had recent successes, nevermind I've been a fan for over 20 years of all 3
Phily 4 for 4. It's a tribal bond. Born of fire and suffering. 

You wouldn't understand.

WE ALL WE GOT!!!!!

:P

@modogg 100% percent on the fans reaction if that Carolina incedent happened here. The worst beating I ever saw was two giants fans getting pummeled half to death at a monday night game in the 700 level at the vet. Im not saying this to pat myself on the back but these two giants guys were so drunk and so obnoxious I wanted to fight them myself. They were sitting right in front of me. I was a lot younger back then. I kept my cool though. These two knuckleheads though finally incited the wrong two eagles fans and they climbed up from about three rows below them and managed to knock the one onto the concrete beneath his seat. The eagle fan stood on the seat below and rained down about 6 haymakers before I jumped onto his back and pulled him off--I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing and was half loaded myself so my reaction wasn't as quick as it should have been.  I'm lucky he didn't smash me while he was at it. It was late December and I knew the giant fan was going into shock. I asked the people for their blankets and we covered him up until they got the medics there. I had to give a police statement. Anyway, poeple know the infamy of the 700 level. And not just me but several drunk and crazy Eagles fans did the right thing buy that absolutely obnoxious giants fan.

And that's just the most dramatic story I have about Phily fans doing the right thing for visiting fans. I could give many examples.

I can’t tell if Denver is done or if they’ll rally behind Brock. He’s looked just awful for so long now and our D was been playing so well. Unless we give the ball up a few times I can’t see how they score more than 14 points. 

I can’t tell if Denver is done or if they’ll rally behind Brock. He’s looked just awful for so long now and our D was been playing so well. Unless we give the ball up a few times I can’t see how they score more than 14 points. 
Could score defensively. 

Seems I'm the only one that thinks Denver will cover the 7.5 spread.  Is 7.5 really an easy cover for us?  Just don't see it.

Dr. Dan said:

Actually the guy deserved it. Let's not try and turn mr Cowboy/Dodgers fan into the victim here. He was trash talking. If he can't take it like he brings it stay out of the kitchen. I have a co worker who loves to dish it to people and act like he's in charge when supervisors aren't there but the minute someone gives it back to him he runs to management like a baby. 

The only one being a jackass here is you buddy. Try to not get your panties all in a ruffle to fight someone else battles for them. I have no idea why you are even this upset because no one was even referring to you. 

Dr. Dan said:

It's called staying with your teams most bandwagon fans jump from success to success. I live in Philly but I like the Bulls do to MJ and followed them ever since even in rough times. I didn't and still don't like how the 76ers organization runs themselves. Everything else I root for Philly. If you honestly can't comprehend the point being made here maybe you should see you're out of the adult conversation. A bandwagon fan would be the guy who's from South Jersey who's a Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers fan etc but has no allegiance to anyone in his hometown. A lot of Cowboy fans in Philly are pure bandwagon fans or just fans who hate the Eagles for whatever reason so they think they are cool rooting for the division rival. Like I said stop trying to make him the victim here. I also think he's adult enough to handle his own battles. He doesn't need you fighting them for him like your his mommy. 

Thoughts on Blount form a FF perspective, would you drop to handcuff Gurley if stuck with more scrubs at RB2 like Lewis/Abdullah/Gore?

Actually the guy deserved it. Let's not try and turn mr Cowboy/Dodgers fan into the victim here. He was trash talking. If he can't take it like he brings it stay out of the kitchen. I have a co worker who loves to dish it to people and act like he's in charge when supervisors aren't there but the minute someone gives it back to him he runs to management like a baby. 

The only one being a jackass here is you buddy. Try to not get your panties all in a ruffle to fight someone else battles for them. I have no idea why you are even this upset because no one was even referring to you. 
Buncha thin skinned mofos in this thread lmao. 

Things get blown out of proportion in just about every thread on this board. I've never seen anything get blown out as bad as whats happened in this thread in the last several days. I haven't even posted in it for days and yet here you guys are still whining about me chuckling over a few eagles fans crowning the eagles asses halfway through the season :lol:

Get a fn grip 

Dr Dan the only level headed poster in here and he's not even an Eagles fan :lol:

Things get blown out of proportion in just about every thread on this board. I've never seen anything get blown out as bad as whats happened in this thread in the last several days. I haven't even posted in it for days and yet here you guys are still whining about me chuckling over a few eagles fans crowning the eagles asses halfway through the season :lol:

Get a fn grip 

Dr Dan the only level headed poster in here and he's not even an Eagles fan :lol:
Where did we crown ourselves with anything halfway through the season?  Again, (but I know ignoring this makes your made-up point stronger), non of us have been saying we're gonna win the SB.  Not even close.  We're trying to enjoy the ride.... wouldn't you if your team was 7-1?  Winning is satisfying, we didn't expect to be this good, so of course we're pumped on it while remaining more cautious than most fan bases would be at this point.

Never seen anything get blown out as bad as in here the last couple days?  You really must not frequent many topics in here if you think this has been a 'big blow up'.  There's some respectable cowboys posters that visit in here occasionally, and then there's people like you who are clearly adding nothing to the discussion.  Would you like to discuss anything?  Most in here would be happy too but that's clearly not what you're looking for.

You already said goodbye.  Move along.

Get a fn grip 

I have read every single post in this thread. I can assure you that there's not a single eagle's fan who has 'crowned' anything. The closest I've seen is some discussion about how Wentz and company are way ahead of schedule and that they are legitimate contenders.

It seems to me that it might be you who has crowned them. And that makes you absolutely livid. It drives you crazy knowing that this young team of good character players is doing so well while your team full of convicts and women beaters is struggling. Instead of trolling other teams threads and coming off as a jealous woman, perhaps you should be starting a GoFundMe page where fellow Dallas fans can raise money for your players' bail. 

Get a fn grip 

I like you buddy.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here though.

Get a fn grip 

I don't know why you even care if we did that or not (We didn't) because your guys are the queens of midseason crowning yourself champs. Remember last year? Dal hasn't won a playoff game in how many yrs now? 

Zach Ertz ruled out today. That is Carson's main man. That certainly doesn't help the situation. Looking forward to this test today for Wentz. I have him as one of the top three quarterbacks in the league right now. I think today will let me know if I am correct.

Get a fn grip 

I like you buddy.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here though.
:goodposting:

Ugh...hate seeing Ertz sitting in this matchup. Makes my prediction before (22-13, five FGs) make more sense, but still......

Remember all the haters saying Chip set the franchise back 10 years. Funny how things work out.  :hifive:
Chip really destroyed the team though. It was pretty toxic locker room. I don't think the media really went into just how bad it was. We heard bits and pieces but even the coaches when they got here on Pederson's staff saw this as a 4-5 yr rebuild. Of coarse no one saw the Wentz pick happening and other things coming together. We got pretty lucky getting rid of Murray, Maxwell and Alonso and Roseman did a great job on player acquisitions as well. The Coaching staff has really developed some guys well too. 

Users who are viewing this thread