What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Fair enough. Wentz has been very good at spreading the ball around to WR's, RB's and other TE's. I think that is probably Dallas' best approach but think Wentz will be able to take what's given to him. My main concern is Wentz getting the ball out quick, and giving Vitai help early if he needs it. Sack/Fumbles could definitely turn the game in Dallas' favor.
Despite most of your fellow fans disagreeing with me, I think this game could get out of hand rather easily if Tyrone is out. Haven't heard if we're going with Green again, but I hope the hell not. I'd start Byron Bell & see what happens. Couldn't do any worse.

Regardless, if we pull it off, it'll likely be because we forced some TOs. Need a big day from our DL. Maybe make you guys leave Celek in to help which puts your WR3 on the bench (most worried about Hollins among that group) & let's us focus on stopping Ertz/Jeffery/Agholor with emphasis on Ertz.

I think the Dallas OL is overrated. That doesn't mean they're bad but they're not the best OL in the league.  Smith, Martin, and Frederick are great but Collins and Cooper are significant downgrades from Leary and Free.  The depth is bad.  If Smith can't go I can't see the Cowboys being able to hang.

On the defense side, no Sean Lee is also very bad.  Eagles OL is a good run blocking unit.  Ajayi should be pretty good with the play book now and they'll have a pretty good rotation along with Blount and Clement.  Wouldn't surprise me if Eagles use last year's Cowboys formula to win games.  Run the ball, and control the clock.

Dak will truly show how good of a QB he is in this game.

But it is the Cowboys season, they could play very inspired ball at home.  Only way I can see the Eagles losing this game is sloppy football and of course turnovers.  They did things like that last year but not this year.

If Smith isn't playing I think the Eagles win 27-13

Smith plays, 27-21.

Just hard for me to see them losing this game if the same team that played Denver shows up.

Despite most of your fellow fans disagreeing with me, I think this game could get out of hand rather easily if Tyrone is out. Haven't heard if we're going with Green again, but I hope the hell not. I'd start Byron Bell & see what happens. Couldn't do any worse.

Regardless, if we pull it off, it'll likely be because we forced some TOs. Need a big day from our DL. Maybe make you guys leave Celek in to help which puts your WR3 on the bench (most worried about Hollins among that group) & let's us focus on stopping Ertz/Jeffery/Agholor with emphasis on Ertz.
What you have to hope for is that Garret wises up and gives Chaz help.  Bring Witten over to clip or help with double teams.  The key cog in all of this of course is Smith's availability.

Ertz is Wentz first read on many plays & we need to take Ertz away completely. I'd double him every passing down for sure.

We don't necessarily have the corners to man up Jeffery/Agholor/Hollins, but we can scheme & hopefully force Wentz into some mistakes. 

The key is taking away Ertz.

Just put some money on the Eagles.  If my sports betting track record is any indication, Football Jones will likely be a happy camper come Monday morning.  

What you have to hope for is that Garret wises up and gives Chaz help.  Bring Witten over to clip or help with double teams.  The key cog in all of this of course is Smith's availability.
Regardless of what we do, I'd rather have Bell in there, but we do need to give them some help if they're having trouble.

Not sure what last week was about, LOL.

I think the Dallas OL is overrated. That doesn't mean they're bad but they're not the best OL in the league.  Smith, Martin, and Frederick are great but Collins and Cooper are significant downgrades from Leary and Free.  The depth is bad.  If Smith can't go I can't see the Cowboys being able to hang.

On the defense side, no Sean Lee is also very bad.  Eagles OL is a good run blocking unit.  Ajayi should be pretty good with the play book now and they'll have a pretty good rotation along with Blount and Clement.  Wouldn't surprise me if Eagles use last year's Cowboys formula to win games.  Run the ball, and control the clock.

Dak will truly show how good of a QB he is in this game.

But it is the Cowboys season, they could play very inspired ball at home.  Only way I can see the Eagles losing this game is sloppy football and of course turnovers.  They did things like that last year but not this year.

If Smith isn't playing I think the Eagles win 27-13

Smith plays, 27-21.

Just hard for me to see them losing this game if the same team that played Denver shows up.
Collins is starting to come on at RT & Cooper has been a revelation in place of Green at LG. The way those two are playing right now as a whole is on par with Free/Leary.

I still believe Dallas has the best OL in the league as things stand now, maybe by a wide margin with Collins' recent improvement at RT & Cooper playing well at LG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collins is starting to come on at RT & Cooper has been a revelation in place of Green at LG. The way those two are playing right now as a whole is on par with Free/Leary.

I still believe Dallas has the best OL in the league as things stand now, maybe by a wide margin with Collins' recent improvement at RT & Cooper playing well at LG.
We shall see if the trenches Sunday night.  :football:

I think I will actually put a decent chunk on Philly (if the line is still 3).  That seems very low.
I think when the line first comes out home teams typically get -3 baseline point spread. 

So basically Vegas is saying that the Eagles are actually -6 to cover.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/philadelphia-dallas-odds-november-19-2017-788763

I like the Eagles to cover in this one. Dougie understands this rivalry. IMO there is more on the line for the Eagles rather than the Cowboys.

I think when the line first comes out home teams typically get -3 baseline point spread. 

So basically Vegas is saying that the Eagles are actually -6 to cover.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/philadelphia-dallas-odds-november-19-2017-788763

I like the Eagles to cover in this one. Dougie understands this rivalry. IMO there is more on the line for the Eagles rather than the Cowboys.
There's a LOT more on the line for the Cowboys.  Eagles drop this, they are still favorites for the division, and tied for first place in the NFC and NFL.  Cowboys drop it?  They're 5-5, essentially 5 games out of first with 6 games left to go.  Probably 2 games behind even for a wild card , with potential wild card tiebreaker lost to Atlanta and Green Bay.

There's a LOT more on the line for the Cowboys.  Eagles drop this, they are still favorites for the division, and tied for first place in the NFC and NFL.  Cowboys drop it?  They're 5-5, essentially 5 games out of first with 6 games left to go.  Probably 2 games behind even for a wild card , with potential wild card tiebreaker lost to Atlanta and Green Bay.
From a standings standpoint maybe.  But I think this would be a massive statement game for Doug.  Yes we'd still be favoured to win the div, but not necessarily to get a bye.  Also, winning this would pretty much totally lock up the division and might even make the rematch in week 17 irrelevant.  I think the game is huge for both teams.  Dallas at home in primetime with the season on the line is going to narrow this from what would be a 10+ point win at home, to a closer game I think.  Sticking with 28-24.  Late Cowboys TD, and unsuccessful Onside Kick.

From a very quick scan, some lazy analysis going on.

The Eagles will win this game and the division. It's just that simple.  Can you guys not take down the cockroaches title? Seems a bit harsh to another fan base.

The Eagles will win this game and the division. It's just that simple.  Can you guys not take down the cockroaches title? Seems a bit harsh to another fan base.
Hey, Bankerguy, don't project your anger at the Cowboys front office and Jason Garrett at us. We're just posting in our own thread minding our own business. And we don't all get together and decide on the thread title. That's all on Insein. Take it up with him.

Hey, Bankerguy, don't project your anger at the Cowboys front office and Jason Garrett at us. We're just posting in our own thread minding our own business. And we don't all get together and decide on the thread title. That's all on Insein. Take it up with him.
Projecting my anger?  Simply pointing out it it's a little harsh to have a Thread title calling another group of people #### roaches.  Sorry, my bad. lol

Projecting my anger?  Simply pointing out it it's a little harsh to have a Thread title calling another group of people #### roaches.  Sorry, my bad. lol
Plus it's inaccurate.  "Domestic Abuse Enablers" is a far more fitting description of the Cowboys organization.

It was more your blanket comment that there was lazy analysis going on, without specifying what the lazy analysis was. Seemed kind of condescending. Plus I saw your rant about Garrett on the Cowboys or coaches on the hot seat thread. Just having a little fun.

Sigh...Enjoy Cowboys Week. Enjoy beating us this week.  Congrats on the division. I'll come back another time ...maybe.

It was more your blanket comment that there was lazy analysis going on, without specifying what the lazy analysis was. Seemed kind of condescending. Plus I saw your rant about Garrett on the Cowboys or coaches on the hot seat thread. Just having a little fun.
You both make good points.  You did take a little jab at the lazy analysis when there's actually quite a bit of game analysis stuff in here.

But you are usually a good poster and didn't seem to be coming in here to start a fight.  Don't think many of us would have made the title that but it's Insein's free reign to do so this year.  With it being a busy/exciting week, we should get a different one shortly I'd think.

You both make good points.  You did take a little jab at the lazy analysis when there's actually quite a bit of game analysis stuff in here.

But you are usually a good poster and didn't seem to be coming in here to start a fight.  Don't think many of us would have made the title that but it's Insein's free reign to do so this year.  With it being a busy/exciting week, we should get a different one shortly I'd think.
That's the term that Philly sports talk radio uses for Cowboys fans and we all know that lnsein is an avid listener             :)

That's right.  It's good some of you know your place in the new world order

Well there was a lot of bad analysis imo (and it's just that, my opinion). I also mentioned it was a quick scan.

-Comments about missing Leary and Free were funny to me. Doug Free was awful. The line is better talented group this year.  It has been out of sync all year and Tyron has been battling back issues all year. Zeke started slow and may have been a bit out of shape and perhaps not mentally prepared.

-Any Cowboy fan using our injuries as an excuse simply is NOT watching what is really going on.

-Dallas will NOT double Ertz aside from maybe the red zone or the odd 3rd down situation.  My guess is that Ertz will see a ton of Jones and Scandrick. He WILL absolutely have success against any LB we put on him.

-NFL Vegas spreads are often misunderstood. It is not a prediction on score. It's a prediction on how they can get the best balance on the sides for dollars coming in and making money on the vig. Please also know that the Cowboys get heavy action. In my opinion this line is way understated in real game analysis. Willing to guess Cynthia Freeman will predict the Eagles in a land slide, because that's what the number would say. I am not a gambler, but if I was I would bet the Eagles hard.

-Some other comments about we will all see what kind of QB is "this week" crap.  Dak is no Brady, but he is very good, just like Wentz.  It's like some fans can't acknowledge both are good but, whatever.  If you want to judge him on this week, you will like the outcome this week.  Maybe in the future, this poster will notice over the next 10 years that Dak is pretty good.

My comment on the cockroach stands, but it's your thread. carry on.

Well there was a lot of bad analysis imo (and it's just that, my opinion). I also mentioned it was a quick scan.

-Comments about missing Leary and Free were funny to me. Doug Free was awful. The line is better talented group this year.  It has been out of sync all year and Tyron has been battling back issues all year. Zeke started slow and may have been a bit out of shape and perhaps not mentally prepared.

-Any Cowboy fan using our injuries as an excuse simply is NOT watching what is really going on.

-Dallas will NOT double Ertz aside from maybe the red zone or the odd 3rd down situation.  My guess is that Ertz will see a ton of Jones and Scandrick. He WILL absolutely have success against any LB we put on him.

-NFL Vegas spreads are often misunderstood. It is not a prediction on score. It's a prediction on how they can get the best balance on the sides for dollars coming in and making money on the vig. Please also know that the Cowboys get heavy action. In my opinion this line is way understated in real game analysis. Willing to guess Cynthia Freeman will predict the Eagles in a land slide, because that's what the number would say. I am not a gambler, but if I was I would bet the Eagles hard.

-Some other comments about we will all see what kind of QB is "this week" crap.  Dak is no Brady, but he is very good, just like Wentz.  It's like some fans can't acknowledge both are good but, whatever.  If you want to judge him on this week, you will like the outcome this week.  Maybe in the future, this poster will notice over the next 10 years that Dak is pretty good.

My comment on the cockroach stands, but it's your thread. carry on.
- I disagree that your line is better this year.  Call it less talent as we did, or less chemistry as you did.  But I think it went from the clear #1 line in the league to no longer the clear #1 line in the league.  The degree of that drop is debatable but I still think there's a drop.

- The injury excuses and thoughts of Dallas doubling Ertz were only coming out of a Cowboy fans mouth, not ours.  I agree they don't double Ertz.  Heck, go for it.  Carson is good enough to hit WR's that are 1 on 1.

-  I agree, both QB's are good.  I would rather Carson though and that is even from an unbiased point of view.  Like most things that people argue about in sports, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  Don't think Dak is AS good as you guys pump him up to be, but he's definitely not as bad as some people on here like to paint him to be.

-  I agree, both QB's are good.  I would rather Carson though and that is even from an unbiased point of view.  Like most things that people argue about in sports, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  Don't think Dak is AS good as you guys pump him up to be, but he's definitely not as bad as some people on here like to paint him to be.

I think Wentz has a stronger arm and just as much mobility/escapability as Dak.

- I disagree that your line is better this year.  Call it less talent as we did, or less chemistry as you did.  But I think it went from the clear #1 line in the league to no longer the clear #1 line in the league.  The degree of that drop is debatable but I still think there's a drop.

- The injury excuses and thoughts of Dallas doubling Ertz were only coming out of a Cowboy fans mouth, not ours.  I agree they don't double Ertz.  Heck, go for it.  Carson is good enough to hit WR's that are 1 on 1.

-Don't confuse better line play and the team results. When Lee was out our D was awful we had to throw too much and the balance was gone.  With a healthy Tyron. I take him, Cooper, Fred, Martin and Collins all day. Over Free and Leary.

-That's why I said lots of lazy analysis. I don't think the other Cowboys fan was making much sense.

-I agree that Wentz is better, Hated it the second you guys got him. Dak is good too though and it could be worse. QB is the least of the Cowboys problems.

I think Wentz has a stronger arm and just as much mobility/escapability as Dak.
Agreed.  I like Wentz better.  But how good Wentz is doesn't have any bearing on how good Dak is.  Dak is still good.  Better than many of us think, but not as good as some Cowboy fans think.  Can't he just be a good QB and we go with that?  The rest of their team right now is struggling so let them have a good qb and maybe miss the playoffs.

Agreed.  I like Wentz better.  But how good Wentz is doesn't have any bearing on how good Dak is.  Dak is still good.  Better than many of us think, but not as good as some Cowboy fans think.  Can't he just be a good QB and we go with that?  The rest of their team right now is struggling so let them have a good qb and maybe miss the playoffs.
Oh certainly - that's why I have him as my QB in my big-money keeper league.  And he better stay good for a few more seasons!

-Don't confuse better line play and the team results. When Lee was out our D was awful we had to throw too much and the balance was gone.  With a healthy Tyron. I take him, Cooper, Fred, Martin and Collins all day. Over Free and Leary.

-That's why I said lots of lazy analysis. I don't think the other Cowboys fan was making much sense.

-I agree that Wentz is better, Hated it the second you guys got him. Dak is good too though and it could be worse. QB is the least of the Cowboys problems.
So what do we really go off of then as a measurable stat for how good an Oline is?  Sure the eye test works to a degree.  But you COULD look at rushing yards (but then you could credit that to Zeke not being as good like you said).  It's tough to really say exactly, but based on all of the above, I would put Dallas' Oline last year as #1 in the league and this year somewhere around #5.  So I do think there's a touch of a drop.  Splitting hairs here though discussing if it's the #1 or #5 OL in the league.  Either way it's good, and our D line is very good, so it's gonna be a good battle.  With Smith out, it helps our side of things.

So what do we really go off of then as a measurable stat for how good an Oline is?  Sure the eye test works to a degree.  But you COULD look at rushing yards (but then you could credit that to Zeke not being as good like you said).  It's tough to really say exactly, but based on all of the above, I would put Dallas' Oline last year as #1 in the league and this year somewhere around #5.  So I do think there's a touch of a drop.  Splitting hairs here though discussing if it's the #1 or #5 OL in the league.  Either way it's good, and our D line is very good, so it's gonna be a good battle.  With Smith out, it helps our side of things.
I am an eyeball guy.  Sometimes results trick us into thinking things are better or worse then they really are. See, I thought they Oline was Over rated last year lol. It's just we had 3 dominant guys. Tyron has been hurt all year and made them look worse. I have also shared my thoughts on Zeke.  O-line is 5 of the 11 guys on the field.  They all affect each other.

Oh yes, your DL will give us fits.  Rest easy. You should also score at will, the only way you lose is turnovers or a ST's disaster. Trust me.

I am an eyeball guy.  Sometimes results trick us into thinking things are better or worse then they really are. See, I thought they Oline was Over rated last year lol. It's just we had 3 dominant guys. Tyron has been hurt all year and made them look worse. I have also shared my thoughts on Zeke.  O-line is 5 of the 11 guys on the field.  They all affect each other.

Oh yes, your DL will give us fits.  Rest easy. You should also score at will, the only way you lose is turnovers or a ST's disaster. Trust me.
I don't trust your attempted reverse jinx at all!   I never get overconfident when playing a team at home with their backs up against the wall.

I don't trust your attempted reverse jinx at all!   I never get overconfident when playing a team at home with their backs up against the wall.
Ha ha . Fair enough-but I don't do the reverse jinx thing. I would just say it's going to be a close one or it could go either way. Having said that, it is the NFL and anything can happen, but honestly the Eagles win this game 9 out of 10 tens with the rosters taking the field this week. If both teams are healthy, it would be interesting at least.

Anyone catch Eskin going back and forth (just a couple times) with Coles Beasley on Twitter? 
I read about it. I think Howard is right. I think Beasley is just doing what any teammate does when one of his guys gets ridiculed by people and sticking up for them. But hey if Howard can easily get into the Cowgirls heads what does that really say about Dallas?

This game is a litmus test for the character and resilience of this team. It would be very easy for the Cowboys to get walloped and come back with injury excuses. If they play well and with grit, this bodes well long term. If they fold, then this speaks volumes about their toughness and long term prognosis.

Hi Banker,

That title is aimed more at the Philly Cowboy fans not Texas Cowboy fans.

I think its the nature of 2 extremes. Cowboy Fans absolutely overrate Prescott to the point Eagles fans underrate him. I don't think Dak is great. I feel he's more of a poor man's McNabb. I think what Prescott did with the talent around him is how good McNabb could've been possible better with said talent. We saw how good McNabb was with TO before TO ruined it and then we saw at the end what he did with Maclin and Jackson and Shady. He's a good QB Dak but he's never gonna be the guy IMHO to lead a team or makes the guys around him better. 

This game is a litmus test for the character and resilience of this team. It would be very easy for the Cowboys to get walloped and come back with injury excuses. If they play well and with grit, this bodes well long term. If they fold, then this speaks volumes about their toughness and long term prognosis.
That might be a good thing for your guys because maybe it gets Garrett out of there. 

I think its the nature of 2 extremes. Cowboy Fans absolutely overrate Prescott to the point Eagles fans underrate him. I don't think Dak is great. I feel he's more of a poor man's McNabb. I think what Prescott did with the talent around him is how good McNabb could've been possible better with said talent. We saw how good McNabb was with TO before TO ruined it and then we saw at the end what he did with Maclin and Jackson and Shady. He's a good QB Dak but he's never gonna be the guy IMHO to lead a team or makes the guys around him better. 
I’m a Cowboys fan and agree with this. Make no mistake, Dak is good, real good. The numbers and record bear witness to that. I’m still not convinced, however that he is great. His success has been precipitated by a stellar run game and line play. I’m not convinced he can make all the throws needed, under pressure and in the big spots, to be considered great. It would be nice to be wrong on this but that’s what me sees right now.

I think Football Outsider has O-line analysis - trying to base it off rushing stats before contact I think?  Admittedly not perfect.  That said, the Eagles line does not stack up well in that metric.

Hi Banker,

That title is aimed more at the Philly Cowboy fans not Texas Cowboy fans.
I was just coming in here to explain that. Banker you're a good dude. I have no idea where you live but "cockroach" used here in Philly is meant for the locals that root for Dallas. You might be stunned how many of them are here. They hide in darkness when their team stinks but when they are successful they can be quite brazen about it. I can tell you of many times I've been to Eagles games versus Dallas here in Philly and when the game is in hand for the Cowboys, off come the jackets to reveal the jerseys. Takes balls I have to say. It's easier to pull that at the Link than it was at the Vet. I got no issue with a visiting fan wearing their colors. It's the whole surreptitious act the Dallas fans pull that no other team does that makes a lot of us nuts. 

Cockroaches and "some team from Texas," eh?

This thread went from surprise to nervous delight to proud to downright cocky pretty fast.

Though when you back it up on the gridiron, guess that's absolutely allowed. 

Me neither. Eagles seem like the far better team. But this is a desperate division rival, on the road in prime-time. I think the Eagles win, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see the Cowboys keep it close, or even win if they collect a lucky turnover or two. I'd call it Philly 31-27.

I’m a Cowboys fan and agree with this. Make no mistake, Dak is good, real good. The numbers and record bear witness to that. I’m still not convinced, however that he is great. His success has been precipitated by a stellar run game and line play. I’m not convinced he can make all the throws needed, under pressure and in the big spots, to be considered great. It would be nice to be wrong on this but that’s what me sees right now.
This is my take at this point. You can win with him, but I don't think you can win a title BECAUSE of him. Of course, you didn't invest a top ten pick to get him either, so if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be happy about him. If Eli Manning and Joe Flacco can win rings, so could Dak Prescott.

All of Wentz's 23 TD's are unique. What I mean is each TD play is not a duplicate play. There is no pattern unless Ertz is a pattern but good luck.

https://twitter.com/JS_Football/status/929379943548628997

The Eagles offense is deep in plays and formations. They have scored from the gun, pistol and under center. Many times it's a play ran from a similar formation and down and distance.

It's like a play book to the ninth power.

Cockroaches and "some team from Texas," eh?

This thread went from surprise to nervous delight to proud to downright cocky pretty fast.

Though when you back it up on the gridiron, guess that's absolutely allowed. 
Nobody cocky or overconfident here. We just took offense to some cowboy dude who decided to wander out of his own team thread and come in here and lay down the injury excuse because we play you guys. When the Eagles have already lost for Pro Bowl quality players themselves. It was laughable and we made sure he was aware of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread