What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

With Smith our they’re starting Byron Bell at LT. anyone know anything about him, is he competent enough or a turnstile? 

With the lack of adjustments made at halftime last week are the cowboys going to game plan that side some help? Alter the offense to quick passes, dumpoffs, and screens? Or they just rolling with business as usual? 

Maybe @Bankerguy can help with some insight on their plans. 
Turnstile

i wouldnt normally think Blount is going to bang out 80-100 yards rushing but i tbink he nails it this weekend ..dallas sans Lee give up 166 rush yards/gm. ajayi will get his but blount will also deliver..and agholor has up and down weeks but this could be an up week in what should be a rout in big d.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, off-topic, but I've never understood why teams struggle with their OL for years.

If a front office can't put together a decent OL in a couple seasons, they should be fired, IMO.

Guys like Cooper are out there. Look what the Vikings did in one offseason.

It CAN be done. There's absolutely no excuse for having a poor OL.
this baffles me as well. Seattle has been one of the most succesful teams the last 6-7 years, but their OL has been dreadful for 3-4. can't figure out why it is as bad as it is, especially when a poor OL puts your franchise QB in danger every game. this has baffled me for a few seasons now

Can I join? 

Lions homer here, but always been a closet iggles fan. So jealous of what you guys have going right now - Howie Is a magician. 

Wentz is the ideal QB. He's the next big deal, facecof the league IMO. He's gonna fill that Peyton Manning void the NFL has had ... except he's gonna win more. 

That d-line is nasty, and will be for years - it's really beautiful how Howie put this together.

i Wong say much, just wanted to say hello - and when I'm not rooting for my Lions I'm pulling for you guys. 

Peace. 

Ps: yes, I drink. 

I'm hoping Dallas goes with a sugar huddle & doesn't let you guys substitute on D. Tired defenders are less effective. It doesn't necessarily have to be a hurry-up unless we can catch you trying to sub. We obviously need good pass pro & we have to be able to run the ball.

On D, without Lee, I'd over-scheme the run & hope our pass rush can get to Wentz. We also need to disguise coverages & double Ertz on every passing down. I want to see how Wentz fares when Ertz is blanketed the vast majority of the game. Lawrence needs to eat up Big V & spit him out. At least make you guys use resources to help him.

Those are the things I'd like to see as a Cowboys fan.

this baffles me as well. Seattle has been one of the most succesful teams the last 6-7 years, but their OL has been dreadful for 3-4. can't figure out why it is as bad as it is, especially when a poor OL puts your franchise QB in danger every game. this has baffled me for a few seasons now
Yep. If I was a GM in a new job, the first thing I'd do is fix the OL (if it was mediocre, much less if it was bad).

I'd do that before finding a QB or anything else. It would be priority #1.

Without a decent OL, you're at a severe handicap. You obviously need a QB, but unless you have an above-average OL, they can't perform up to their potential nor can the offense as a whole.

Having a poor OL is inexcusable, IMO. If I was an owner, I'd give the FO no more than 2 seasons to fix it. And there better be considerable improvement after year 1. If not, you're gone.

I'm hoping Dallas goes with a sugar huddle & doesn't let you guys substitute on D. Tired defenders are less effective. It doesn't necessarily have to be a hurry-up unless we can catch you trying to sub. We obviously need good pass pro & we have to be able to run the ball.

On D, without Lee, I'd over-scheme the run & hope our pass rush can get to Wentz. We also need to disguise coverages & double Ertz on every passing down. I want to see how Wentz fares when Ertz is blanketed the vast majority of the game. Lawrence needs to eat up Big V & spit him out. At least make you guys use resources to help him.

That won't happen since Lawrence lines up on the defensive left side.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/depth-chart

He'll face Lane Johnson. He is what Lane did to Von Miller the week before the bye. Lane and Von at the top of the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hncKo3PczeU&t=229s

Can I join? 

Lions homer here, but always been a closet iggles fan. So jealous of what you guys have going right now - Howie Is a magician. 

Wentz is the ideal QB. He's the next big deal, facecof the league IMO. He's gonna fill that Peyton Manning void the NFL has had ... except he's gonna win more. 

That d-line is nasty, and will be for years - it's really beautiful how Howie put this together.

i Wong say much, just wanted to say hello - and when I'm not rooting for my Lions I'm pulling for you guys. 

Peace. 

@Ray Barboni welcome dude! Any guy that's a fan of another blue collar, hard working, cold weather city that's suffered is all right with me!

Yep. If I was a GM in a new job, the first thing I'd do is fix the OL (if it was mediocre, much less if it was bad).

I'd do that before finding a QB or anything else. It would be priority #1.

Without a decent OL, you're at a severe handicap. You obviously need a QB, but unless you have an above-average OL, they can't perform up to their potential nor can the offense as a whole.

Having a poor OL is inexcusable, IMO. If I was an owner, I'd give the FO no more than 2 seasons to fix it. And there better be considerable improvement after year 1. If not, you're gone.
Didn't Seattle trade away a blue chip lineman for Graham? And then spent a year figuring out how to use Graham? In a way Seattle reminds me a bit of the Buddy years--all attention to defense and a QB (Cunningham) that could play sandlot football. Obviously the difference is that Seattle got to two Super Bowls and won one.

That won't happen since Lawrence lines up on the defensive left side.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/depth-chart

He'll face Lane Johnson. He is what Lane did to Von Miller the week before the bye. Lane and Von at the top of the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hncKo3PczeU&t=229s
Right, but like I said, that's what I'm HOPING we do. I'd definitely do it if it were me (as DC). 

Switching sides in a pass rush situation isn't the same as switching sides on the OL. It's much easier. We need to do some unconventional things with Lee out. 

In typical running situations, I'd line up Lawrence at his normal LE position, but I'd move him to the right side to face Big V every passing down for several reasons. Number one, he'll have a difficult time stopping Lawrence without help. Two, it's also the same side David Irving plays at DT which will wreak havoc on Wentz' blind side. And last but maybe not least, you guys likely aren't game-planning for it. 

Didn't Seattle trade away a blue chip lineman for Graham? And then spent a year figuring out how to use Graham? In a way Seattle reminds me a bit of the Buddy years--all attention to defense and a QB (Cunningham) that could play sandlot football. Obviously the difference is that Seattle got to two Super Bowls and won one.
Yeah, Seattle has nobody to blame but themselves if their OL causes them to lose games. They can't run the ball at all.

Not sure how much Duane Brown will help, but he's only 1/5 of the OL.

Man the only NFC team that can challenge us is the saints.  Hopefully mn or some other NFC team can knock them out before we face them.  MN , car, la

and the others aren't horrible teams and could beat us but they don't scare me like the saints do right now. La for some reason doesn't scare me.  They have even less exp then us.

Kwai Chang Caine said:
That is what I thought, but when I asked about it in the Seahawks thread last year, the consensus was that Unger was mostly done.  He's the number 30 C this year on PFF (FWIW).

Ray Barboni said:
Can I join? 

Peace. 

Welcome bro

Football Jones said:

Wentz had 4 TD's his last game that Ertz missed completely, so I don't know that overselling on Ertz is the play.

Wentz had 4 TD's his last game that Ertz missed completely, so I don't know that overselling on Ertz is the play.
Ertz is not only what amounts to your number #1 receiver, he's Wentz' security blanket. Ertz & Jeffery have similar targets numbers, but taking away Ertz will have a bigger effect on Wentz, IMO.

I'd double Ertz every passing down & make your other receivers beat us. I'd invite 1st down throws. We need to do some unconventional things on D without Lee. Our biggest keys are not getting killed on the ground & force negative plays with our pass rush.

Ertz is Wentz first read on many plays & we need to take Ertz away completely. I'd double him every passing down for sure.

We don't necessarily have the corners to man up Jeffery/Agholor/Hollins, but we can scheme & hopefully force Wentz into some mistakes. 

The key is taking away Ertz.
FJ i dont think the game goes thru Ertz, it's going to be Jay Ajayi bulldozing his way to 120+ yards on the ground. Lee is out, Dallas d is the worst run defense in the league without him..Wentz could have 170 yards and the Eagles still win this thing in impressive fashion..I'll bet they run for 200 as a team..

if Dallas can't stop the run they're doomed..

FJ i dont think the game goes thru Ertz, it's going to be Jay Ajayi bulldozing his way to 120+ yards on the ground. Lee is out, Dallas d is the worst run defense in the league without him..Wentz could have 170 yards and the Eagles still win this thing in impressive fashion..I'll bet they run for 200 as a team..

Nah they are doomed before the game even starts.  We can beat them anyway we want

Well, the key for us is to stop the run by over-scheming it. Our run D is severely handicapped without Lee. So much so we've essentially got to out-scheme the Eagles & force negative plays with our pass rush.

Like I mentioned earlier, invite them to pass. Take away Ertz & get to Wentz. Put his ### on the ground with or without the ball (within the rules). Just don't be too rough with Wentz because I own him in FF. :)

I wish we could play Philly straight up, but we're limited on both sides of the ball (especially on D) with the personnel we'll have available in this game. That's our problem & we've got to get better depth, especially at key positions, but if we scheme well, execute, & get some breaks, we technically have a chance.

I so wish we had Sproles, Hicks, and Peters tonight, and thst Jefferies wasnt limited, but we'll have to get by with the personne we have available.  

I'm thinking rams, since they have 2 conference losses and Vikings have only 1.  Maybe vikes upcoming schedule is slightly easier, though not obvious from a quick glance.

Definitely want the Skins to best the Saints. They'e up 3-0 and Saints stud corner Lattimore just limped off the field after leg dug into turf awkwardly while he was defending a pass. 

Looks like an ankle 

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Yeah that trade made zero sense for me from a Sea point. Yeah they needed more Offensive weapons for Wilson but their Oline was already becoming a weak point. If I'm not mistake Unger could also have played G but could be wrong. I've argued for awhile maybe it's not the players at the skill position for Sea but the coaching and QB. To me I don't see Wilson as a QB who makes the guys around him better. Half the time it looks like their offense plays backyard football where Wilson runs around behind the line for 20 secs and then chucks it to what he hopes was a wide open receiver in the chaos or takes off and gets yardage. Look what Golden Tate did in Detriot after leaving Sea. Jimmy Graham use to be a top 3 TE and he's barely top 10 with Sea. They had a great defense but ran the same gimmicky option offense as their base when that was successful in the NFL. It almost seems like Sea has no clue how to use any of the offensive players outside of Wilson. Fixing that O line would've been a top priority for me. 

We may need a new kicker. has there been any word of Caleb Sturgis coming back since the hip issue in the future? This is gonna become some important news on the Kicker injury front fast. 

Our front 4 are very under rated. Hitchens is filling in well tonight for Lee.

You guys will bounce back in the second half. 
Cowboys seem to be playing inspired on defense. Desperate teams that still have talent tend to do that when everyone wants to count them out....ESPECIALLY against a division rival. Really no surprise to see this game this tight

Wonder how Nick Wright and Skippy Boy use their lip service for Dallas tomorrow. Should be fun watching Wright cry like a B****

Interesting time to play our worst game of the year

We look horrible. They better come out the second half with some serious adjustments.
Your coach is kind of good. And your QB, o-line, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends and pass rush. You lost your placekicker and the result was a net gain in points scored. Dallas is hobbled without Elliott and Lee but that was a nice ### whooping in their building.

Users who are viewing this thread