What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

I must have missed the first 2 points conversion made by Corey Clement in last night's game.  Did he rush or catch for 2 points conversion? 

lod001 said:
Seems it was a lateral and not a pass from Wentz. He was outside he hashmarks on a RB screen.
It was a pass they initially ruled as a lateral.  Wentz threw out to the right sideline.  CBS changed scoring today to give Wentz the 2 points (so he had 3 2point conversions).  I needed those 2 points badly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't you be if you hadn't won an NFL title since 1960
I know, I know. I get excited, all I can think about is partying with all of her long-suffering siblings, cousins, friends, neighbors from grade school, coworkers from a decade ago, etc. Having seen their cynicism and knowing how it feels when your team wins, I just want it really bad for them. And it so happens my team sucks and the Eagles play football like I wish was still the norm. I shouldn't root for them but #### it, I do, no apologies. 

Can I join? 

Lions homer here, but always been a closet iggles fan. So jealous of what you guys have going right now - Howie Is a magician. 

Wentz is the ideal QB. He's the next big deal, facecof the league IMO. He's gonna fill that Peyton Manning void the NFL has had ... except he's gonna win more. 

That d-line is nasty, and will be for years - it's really beautiful how Howie put this together.

i Wong say much, just wanted to say hello - and when I'm not rooting for my Lions I'm pulling for you guys. 

Peace. 

Ps: yes, I drink. 
:hifive:

The line of traitorous bandwagon jumpers starts to the left. #flyeaglesfly 

I know, I know. I get excited, all I can think about is partying with all of her long-suffering siblings, cousins, friends, neighbors from grade school, coworkers from a decade ago, etc. Having seen their cynicism and knowing how it feels when your team wins, I just want it really bad for them. And it so happens my team sucks and the Eagles play football like I wish was still the norm. I shouldn't root for them but #### it, I do, no apologies. 
Well on the plus side, Giants probably getting a new coach and new QB next year.

Well on the plus side, Giants probably getting a new coach and new QB next year.
Neither of those is anything close to a foregone conclusion at this moment and nothing would surprise me. McAdoo can save his job if the team keeps putting forth effort like yesterday imo. Eli's fate will come down to next year's draft and whether another team would make an attractive offer. My gut tells me he retires a Giant. :lol:  

Neither of those is anything close to a foregone conclusion at this moment and nothing would surprise me. McAdoo can save his job if the team keeps putting forth effort like yesterday imo. Eli's fate will come down to next year's draft and whether another team would make an attractive offer. My gut tells me he retires a Giant. :lol:  
Well I assumed that the day they said they were done with him would be the day he retires. He's a Hall of Famer already. What more does he have to prove? Maybe he hangs on and mentors whatever rookie they pick next year.

Well I assumed that the day they said they were done with him would be the day he retires. He's a Hall of Famer already. What more does he have to prove? Maybe he hangs on and mentors whatever rookie they pick next year.
Big tangent here -- I obviously appreciate how Eli played way above himself when we won the two super bowls, but the HoF stuff is nuts. That honor should be reserved for the players who week in, week out, you cringed having to face that guy. Oh dammit, he can kill us by himself. Now did Eli have games like that, of course he did. But most weeks you didn't know what the hell you were getting, and very often it was a clown show. Among his contemporaries he was literally NEVER mentioned in the top tier of QBs. It was Peyton and Brady, then guys like Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, even Rivers who I don't think anyone assumes is a hall of famer. Never once did a fantasy player target Eli in an early round. You'd get laughed out of the place.

But I digress  :excited:

Big tangent here -- I obviously appreciate how Eli played way above himself when we won the two super bowls, but the HoF stuff is nuts. That honor should be reserved for the players who week in, week out, you cringed having to face that guy. Oh dammit, he can kill us by himself. Now did Eli have games like that, of course he did. But most weeks you didn't know what the hell you were getting, and very often it was a clown show. Among his contemporaries he was literally NEVER mentioned in the top tier of QBs. It was Peyton and Brady, then guys like Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, even Rivers who I don't think anyone assumes is a hall of famer. Never once did a fantasy player target Eli in an early round. You'd get laughed out of the place.

Eli happened to play his career during a time when the NFL has/had some iconic QBs. All the guys you mentioned, plus Kurt Warner and Big Ben.  Being compared to his brother most of his career, etc. Its hard not to look overshadowed a bit. I think I agree with you that I don't think he is a HOF but he will be in-on his name but also because he has been extremely durable and he has played and won in two of the most memorable Super Bowls in recent years.  I'd say he gets in. 

Eli happened to play his career during a time when the NFL has/had some iconic QBs. All the guys you mentioned, plus Kurt Warner and Big Ben.  Being compared to his brother most of his career, etc. Its hard not to look overshadowed a bit. I think I agree with you that I don't think he is a HOF but he will be in-on his name but also because he has been extremely durable and he has played and won in two of the most memorable Super Bowls in recent years.  I'd say he gets in. 
The cynical part of me assumes he gets in eventually. I hope there's some rigor and critical thinking in the process though, so at least there's an appropriate wait. 

holy ####! i have off tomorrow so was looking to find these shows are both are 3 hours long each?? What the F do they talk about
Blow Kaepernick and what ever great athlete the flavor of the day is. For awhile Wright and Skip were going off how great the Cowboys are, 1hr of NFL protest stuff and if Goodell needs to go. And then they recycle the same dame debates they have every year from the NBA who could beat GS or Cleveland, The Patriots and recently this NFL season how Good the Eagles are or not and any other team with a good record. Then some college football or whatever. They basically do this the whole week same topic unless something big happens. It's useless garbage. Cold Pizza (Now First Take) use to be a great show for a few yrs before they changed programming and took the two Host Jay and the Female off. The back and fourth between Stephan A and Skip use to be entertaining and both use to be live in studio where now maybe one of the guys plus the host is in studio and other is via satellite somewhere else 

i made it about 10 minutes before turning this trash off. Dude says Eagles didn't get a 1st down in the 1st half... Guess being a sports analyst you don't have to watch the games? and their analysis was just silly,  :wall: .
There were people on social media destroying this clown a week ago. He's contradicted himself and people have Brough up comments he's made in past yrs on shows where now he's a complete 180 on his opinion. I miss the days when these "experts" were basically called out for stupidity and when they were being wrong. Now it's all about ratings and page clicks. For example I'd loved to put up the pictures and have everyone wail on the clowns who thought a guy like RG3 was gonna be anything special or Johnny Manziel.  think these journalist and experts need to held accountable for dumb opinions or sheer stupidity

It was a pass they initially ruled as a lateral.  Wentz threw out to the right sideline.  CBS changed scoring today to give Wentz the 2 points (so he had 3 2point conversions).  I needed those 2 points badly!
So did Wentz get credit for 3 2Pt conversions? I need to know because I only have 2 in my ESPN league for 4 pts. Those two points could be costly come playoff time because we use scoring differential. 

Not sure if anyone noticed a twitter exchange last week by Cowboys WR Cole Beasley and WIP Howard Eskin. Howard basically made a comment not even tagging Beasley and basically commented how after last Sun we saw Dak is nothing special without Zeke. Beasley linked the tweet and tweeted "This is the stupidest SH** ever." It of corse went back and fourth. Howard after the game last night kindly remind Beasley of that exchange. 

Howard Eskin Trolls Cowgirls WR on social media then OWNS him

@howardeskin
Just would like to remind @Bease11 our exchange on Twitter last week. “Dak was that dude” with a QB rating of 30 against # eagles Sunday. Cole Beasley needs to pay attention to me next time. @SportsRadioWIP https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/930083255868633088
12:53 AM - Nov 20, 2017

It went back and forth with Howard reminding hm he lost big in ATL and then last night as well. Beasley made the oh so original I make more then you do. Skin responded how he made a comfortable living and put 5 kids through college plus private school himself but also said he admires a parent who watches and takes care of their kids. I got to say Like him or hate him this was a great Troll by Howard. What made it better there was no personal attacks and kept it clean. 

While this is true, he has 2 rings, never missed a game and at the end if the year will be 6th all time in passing yards. That's pretty much lock city.

Just bet on the Eagles -13.5.  Figure the spread will only go up.  With Doug's new toy (going for 2), I don't see how Chicago comes anywhere in the vicinity of 14 points of the Eagles.  But hey - that's why they play the game. 

I know it's 2 weeks away but I'm Not really worried about Seattle. Yes they're gritty but without Chancellor and Sherman, that defense is a shell of it's former self.

I know it's 2 weeks away but I'm Not really worried about Seattle. Yes they're gritty but without Chancellor and Sherman, that defense is a shell of it's former self.
And they might have the worst offensive line in football.  They're a 1 man show (although that one man is pretty damn good)

I wasn't that worried if either played. That defense grated missing a starter or 2 let Kirk Cousins go wild on them. Even with one player lost a few yrs ago they ate a QB like cOusin's up

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Not trying to look ahead but since you lads are talking about Seattle, I'd like to say I hope they put a serous beating on them. I've grown to kinda despise  that team over the years. For a long time that team had been flat out feared! Time to pass the torch Seabags!
Yup hate em.  Their defense is really in shambles and they are a one trick pony on offense with Wilson.  But it's a nice pony.  Still it won't be enough

Judge Smails said:
They changed it back today.  Thought I won by 3.  Won by 1
So he got credited for 2 or 3 (2pts conv)? Still confused. Actually never mind I see I got credited for 3 2Pts conversions. 

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Not trying to look ahead but since you lads are talking about Seattle, I'd like to say I hope they put a serous beating on them. I've grown to kinda despise  that team over the years. For a long time that team had been flat out feared! Time to pass the torch Seabags!
I've hated them for yrs. Mostly Pete Carrol as I thought what he did to USC was pretty terrible. Says he has no interest in the NFL and then the minute the Team goes and gets sanctioned or investigated he jumps ship? Pretty raw Deal USC gets. Thought the same of Chip leaving Oregon too. Add into the character or that team and I absolutely Despise Richard Sherman (Really hated his interview vs the 49ers in the title game with Erin Andrews made it more about him then the team) and most of that team. Never was a huge Russel Wilson fan either. I did love me some Marshawn Lynch but most of that fanbase didn't give a dam about the team till they became good. My cousin lived in Sea for awhile after moving from SF for his work and moved a few yrs prior to them becoming good and got great seats for season tickets (Still and Eagles fan but the Sea Season tickets were very affordable then) and he said almost everyone in Sea was still a more into baseball and wanting the Sonics back then caring about the Seahawks. Minute they became good everyone jumped on the bandwagon. There's also been a ton of rumors over that time that Sea isn't the loudest nFL Stadium and they've pipped in Noise for yrs there. Everyone I've talked too thanks to my Anthony Becth Relationship and my co workers son all say they believe Sea pipes in noise and that Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL to this day despite how old it is. 

Yeah I can forgive though.  Until he screws up - then it back to "F you, you ####### cockroach!"

Seems like a good guy to root for.
Been a big fan of his since College. Not liking PSU kind of made it easier as well to root for him at Wisconsin. I was hoping we took him in the later round or UDFA and when we got him a lot of people thought I was crazy saying he'd make the team. 

Just bet on the Eagles -13.5.  Figure the spread will only go up.  With Doug's new toy (going for 2), I don't see how Chicago comes anywhere in the vicinity of 14 points of the Eagles.  But hey - that's why they play the game. 
Don't like that - too many point.  Even NO (at home) only beat them by 8.  Think the birds win here, but that's a lot of points.

I've hated them for yrs. Mostly Pete Carrol as I thought what he did to USC was pretty terrible. Says he has no interest in the NFL and then the minute the Team goes and gets sanctioned or investigated he jumps ship? Pretty raw Deal USC gets. Thought the same of Chip leaving Oregon too. Add into the character or that team and I absolutely Despise Richard Sherman (Really hated his interview vs the 49ers in the title game with Erin Andrews made it more about him then the team) and most of that team. Never was a huge Russel Wilson fan either. I did love me some Marshawn Lynch but most of that fanbase didn't give a dam about the team till they became good. My cousin lived in Sea for awhile after moving from SF for his work and moved a few yrs prior to them becoming good and got great seats for season tickets (Still and Eagles fan but the Sea Season tickets were very affordable then) and he said almost everyone in Sea was still a more into baseball and wanting the Sonics back then caring about the Seahawks. Minute they became good everyone jumped on the bandwagon. There's also been a ton of rumors over that time that Sea isn't the loudest nFL Stadium and they've pipped in Noise for yrs there. Everyone I've talked too thanks to my Anthony Becth Relationship and my co workers son all say they believe Sea pipes in noise and that Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL to this day despite how old it is. 
My wife has a whole side of her family that moved to Seattle from update New York about 25 years ago. I've known them for 13 years. I never heard a PEEP about the Seahawks. I think they were Bills fans and one was a friggin' cowboys fan. As soon as they got on that run with Carroll, I never heard the end it. Of course I raised the issue of them jumping their natural born allegences. They think I'm irrational with my Eagles fandom and also defended Chip Kelly to me constantly after it was clear he'd cratered the team. 

Yeah, I can't wait for the Birds to CRUSH them!

From NFL.com:

Carson Wentz has bloomed into a raging star this season -- and fans have taken notice.

The second-year quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles leads all players with 273,367 fan votes for the 2018 Pro Bowl, the NFL announced Wednesday.

Wentz also leads the league with 25 touchdown passes, while the Eagles sit atop all challengers with a 9-1 mark during a breakout year for the franchise and their talented quarterback.

Ageless Patriots passer Tom Brady lands second with 239,989 votes, ahead of Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (227,771), Rams runner Todd Gurley (215,687) and Pittsburgh wideout Antonio Brown (215,584).

:thumbup:

Since it's a home game, I'm not too worried, but bears have been pretty pesky.  Ask the Steelers about it.  Wife is a Steelers fan and was super pissed after I told her that would be an easy one for pitt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread