What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2018 World Cup thread (and Drinking Guide) (2 Viewers)

You know there's a difference than just looking at the score, fella. 

also, 2nd place is waaaaayy too high for an Arsenal reference. :lol:  
There’s a reason I listed 4 games Einstein - I’m happy for people to think Croatia was better in the final ( I disagree with that) but some folks are acting like Croatia was the best team in the tournament.  That’s crazy IMO. 

But I also think the talk of Croatia being better was about the final. Could be wrong 
That’s much more of a debate IMO, maybe I’m reading in to peoples comments but in general it seemed like France was getting downplayed.  They had a much harder path to the final and then won they final 4-2.  Croatia were great and I think Modric’s Golden boot was well deserved - just want to give France their due (and I’m not even a fan).

That’s much more of a debate IMO, maybe I’m reading in to peoples comments but in general it seemed like France was getting downplayed.  They had a much harder path to the final and then won they final 4-2.  Croatia were great and I think Modric’s Golden boot was well deserved - just want to give France their due (and I’m not even a fan).
He just hates Croatia because they beat England.

The style Deschamps chose (and got his players buy-in to) wasn't pretty and led to the impression that they were outplayed by both Belgium and Croatia.  France has so much talent that a different manager might have chosen to point them in a different direction.  But Deschamps is an old defender and it may be wiser in a knockout format to prioritize defense and bet that Griezmann, M'bappe, etc. can convert a goal (or four) on the other end.

The style Deschamps chose (and got his players buy-in to) wasn't pretty and led to the impression that they were outplayed by both Belgium and Croatia.  France has so much talent that a different manager might have chosen to point them in a different direction.  But Deschamps is an old defender and it may be wiser in a knockout format to prioritize defense and bet that Griezmann, M'bappe, etc. can convert a goal (or four) on the other end.
another way of saying Croatia played better than France. 

France stomped Belgium in expected goals. Croatia did exceed France in that metric in the final, but xG excludes penalties (and I thought the PK was legit).   Croatia still only produced a little over 1 xG, so maybe the fair result would have been a draw.  And like it or not, part of playing better is having your goalkeeper play better.  Lloris had a tremendous howler (which accounted for a huge percentage of Croatia's xG) but Subasic let in two soft goals himself.  

Croatia needed penalties to beat Denmark and Russia and ET to eliminate England.  France beat Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium and then beat Croatia 4-2.  This idea from some people that Croatia was better is kind of ludicrous.  
I understand the comments about Croatia being better in the final (I also disagree), but I don't think anyone is claiming France is not a deserved champion.  They may have been a bit lucky to be up a goal at half, but their quality showed in the second half.  I also think some are forgetting that just 2 years ago this manager lost a final in Paris to a vastly inferior Portugal, playing without Ronaldo (apologies if this was beat like a dead horse by FOX during the game - I was at a large outdoor party and wasn't listening to any commentary.)  I'm sure many of them were thinking about that experience in this game, the manger first and foremost.  In the end, it was a very practical approach that secured the cup with very little doubt.

Steven Goff‏Verified account @SoccerInsider 2h2 hours ago

Fox Sports' top markets for #worldcup final:

San Diego 13.8 rating, 33 share

DC 13.6/34 SF 13.0/39

NY 12.5/29 LA 11.2/26

Denver 10.7/31

Miami 10.6/23

Austin 10.2/28

Dallas 9.8/27 KC 9.5/24

DC 13.6/34 SF 13.0/39

NY 12.5/29 LA 11.2/26

Denver 10.7/31

Miami 10.6/23

Austin 10.2/28

Dallas 9.8/27 KC 9.5/24
Wow SD huh?  Interesting

LA would have been higher but all the Croatians were at the LA Viewing party together....

LA jumps out here especially when you consider how many were watching on Telemundo.
I'm sure.  Was half joking since my Croatian friend was at the viewing parties and sending videos of the celebrations.  The place was packed.  He also noted that Fox was going to be showing live shots of there during the game.

Have another friend in Croatia right now as well.  500K people welcoming the team home.  scarfs stating "jebote koliko nas ima!"  Zagreb on fire....  Pretty awesome

DC 13.6/34 SF 13.0/39

NY 12.5/29 LA 11.2/26

Denver 10.7/31

Miami 10.6/23

Austin 10.2/28

Dallas 9.8/27 KC 9.5/24
Where I live and where I'm from #1 & #2 :wub:

I guess Henry really enjoyed his time with Belgium as a coach.

Today is resigned from Sky Sports as a commentator stating he wants to become a manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deschamps' tactical setup was also interesting to me because they really lacked attacking midfielders like we are used to seeing.  They operated like a classic 4-4-2 with Mbappe obviously pushing forward more and Matudi playing back. It wasn't the most attractive system, but it allowed France to field their best 11 players at the same time.  Combined with the obvious buy in from the players, very effective.  The difference in Pogba was also very noticable.  Deschamps deserves a lot of credit.  

I feel like the the game lineups kept making it seem like Griezmann was more of a #10, but IMO he was deployed like a second striker.  One commentator I heard made an interesting comparison between Rooney (obviously not today's version) and Griezmann as players that really are only great in that type of role.  This rings true to my eyes with both France and Atletico Madrid

This is why Jamaica will always crush the USMNT.  All of every other country's their best athletes...
it is a amazing when you think about and the once every four year hot takes we have to endure.

The Jamaicans are every bit as fast and powerful as the best US athletes and Jamaican soccer gets pretty much the pick of the litter as one of the top sports in the country.

But like many of the African nations, being big and strong and fast is just one part of the equation even when you are born into the sport.

and the semi finals:
AFTER THE FINALS (all winners please send Shuke a PM for info about your prize)

Moe: England & Kane  **WINNER**

P4L: Germany & Kane **WINNER**

Chuck Steiner's GutFrance & Lewandoski**WINNER**

GatorFrance & Muller**WINNER**

EephusFrance & Jesus**WINNER**

Z Machine: France & Mueller**WINNER**

AAABatteries: France & Neymar **WINNER**

The rest of you are losers. 

Native: Belgium & Ronaldo

Cleatius: Germany & Giroud

Cheese:  Brazil & Lukaku

encaitar:  Germany & Griezmann

Buck Bradcanon: Germany & Griezmann

EvilGrin: Germany & Griezmann

Mex: Brasil & Griezmann 

RHE: Spain & Isco

Jaysus: Russia & Werner

Christo: Spain & Messi

Bonzai: Germany & Mueller

Shader: Brazil & Neymar (I always liked you!)

Floppo: Brazil & Suarez

Ned: Brazil & Suarez

Lard on a stick: Spain & Neymar

Sebowski: Agentina & Aguero

DisneyEjotuz:  Germany & Lewandowski

ComfotablyNumb: Germany & Cavani

Tom Hagen: Spain & Suarez

Mjolnirs: Deutschland & Lewandowski

Drunken Slob: Germany & Mueller

icon: France or Belgium will win this 

BassNBrew: Uruguay & Ronaldo

JaxBill: Russia & Putin (riding a bear)

Work: Brazil & Messi

Sinn Fein: Brazil & Werner

Otello: Argentina & Messi

Quizgu766: Germany & Cavani

http://www.fakepassportonline.cc - Guaranteed legit original passport,citizenship,Id cards,drivers license,diplomas,degrees,certificates service available. Tourist and business visa services available to residents of all 50 states and all nationalities worldwide. Our company unique producers of Authentic High Quality passports, Real Genuine Data Base Registered and unregistered Passports and other Citizenship documents.

We offer only new standard European ID cards, Drivers Licenses, Passports, Social security card SSN, credit files, and credit cards, school diplomas, school degrees all in an entirely new name issued and registered in the government database system..

We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and counterfeit documents. All features of real passports are carefully duplicated for our Registered and unregistered documents. We're unique producers of quality false and Real documents. We offer only original high-quality Registered and unregistered passports, driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomas and other products for a number of countries like:
USA, Australia,Belgium,Brazil, Canada, Italian,Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands,,Malaysian, Spain, United Kingdom and many others.

To get additional information and order documents visit our website: http://www.fakepassportonline.cc

We offer high quality counterfeit bills for the following currencies;
EUR - Euro
USD - US Dollar
GBP - British Pound
INR - Indian Rupee
AUD - Australian Dollar
CAD - Canadian Dollar
AED - Emirati Dirham
ZAR - Rand
CHF - Swiss Franc
CNY - Chinese Yuan Renminbi
MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
THB - Thai Baht

we are able to produce the following items;
REAL BRITISH PASSPORT.
REAL CANADIAN PASSPORT.
REAL FRENCH PASSPORT.
REAL AMERICAN PASSPORT.
REAL RUSSIAN PASSPORT.
REAL JAPANESES PASSPORT.
REAL CHINESE PASSPORT.

AND REAL PASSPORT FOR COUNTRIES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.
REAL DRIVERS LICENSE,I.D CARDS,BIRTH CERTIFICATES,DIPLOMATS,MARRIAGE

CERTIFICATES,AND VISAS.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED BRITISH PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED CANADIAN PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED FRENCH PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED AMERICAN PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED RUSSIAN PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED JAPANESES PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED CHINESE PASSPORT.
REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED PASSPORT FOR COUNTRIES IN THE EUROPEAN

UNION.
Buy Registered and unregistered USA(United States) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Australian passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Belgium passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian(Canada) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Finnish(Finland) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherlands/Holland) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Israel passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Spanish(Spain) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Mexican(Mexico) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered South African passports.
Buy Registered and unregistered Australian driver licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian driver licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) driver licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherlands/Holland) driving licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) driving licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered Diplomatic passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered USA(United States) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Australian passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Belgium passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian(Canada) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Finnish(Finland) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherlands/Holland) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Israel passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Spanish(Spain) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered Mexican(Mexico) passports,
Buy Registered and unregistered South African passports.
Buy Registered and unregistered Australian driver licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered Canadian driver licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered French(France) driver licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered Dutch(Netherlands/Holland) driving licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered German(Germany) driving licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
Buy Registered and unregistered Diplomatic passports,
Registered and unregistered Camouflage passports,
Registered and unregistered passport Duplicates,
Registered and unregistered USA(united States) passports for sale,
Registered and unregistered Australian passports for sell,
Registered and unregistered Belgium passports for sell,
Registered and unregistered Brazilian(Brazil) passports for sell,

Registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,biometric passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards.Training certificates M GCSE, A-levels,
High School Diploma Certificates ,GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT Examination Certificates , Novelty Birth, Marriage, and Birth Certificates , Novelty Passports and New Identity Packages, Duplicates, False Degrees/Diplomas from most post-secondary institutions from around the world all designed to look 100% identical to the original.

To get additional information and order documents visit our website: http://www.fakepassportonline.cc

Users who are viewing this thread