What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2019 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread*** Hope Springs Eternal? (1 Viewer)

It was fun while it lasted. The last place plunge has begun.

Yup they’re as pathetic of a team as we expected they would be. They just happened to go on an insane and lucky run to start the season. They either need to learn how to scout, build and run a team like Tampa or they need to spend more money. Not holding my breath that either will happen anytime soon.

A bit of a random post but remember that trade a few years ago (the Glasnow/Meadows/Baz one) that was considered the worst trade in history of sports? Well look at where those Tampa guys are now. Hardly a win for the Pirates but far from the worst trade ever. Glasnow is made of glass and the other 2 have done nothing.

More quality major league managing today. Keller cruising along up 3-2 only 86 pitches through 6 and idiot Shelton sends out a no name slug to give up a 2 run homer.

The Pirates suck every year and their farm system is barren. The Reds suck every year and they’ve got a ton of young, up and coming stars.

I know the player talent is awful, but Shelton is the worst manager in history. They are up 4-1 tonight in the 8th, no name reliever loads the bases & you have one of the better closers in the league. Bednar hadn't pitched in forever because they lose EVERY night but since it isn't the 9th inning he doesn't use him. Down 6-4 in a matter of minutes. Not sure why I even flipped over to the game to begin with. Just pathetic, it's almost like he is there to lose on purpose. Beautiful ballpark & no one goes because you have a clown owner, clown manager, and a class A level team.

Annual Pirates Fire Sale. I can't say that I object to it considering this team was going nowhere but this never ending cycle is certainly tiresome.

But hey, they've won three in a row!

More baffling manager decisions and or personnel decisions. Jason Delay is an incredibly awful catcher and they have 2 high prospect catchers in Davis and Endy Rodriguez. Delay does things you see in little league. Tonight game should have been over in the 9th but Delay can't block a beach ball.

Hope I don't jinx you guys but I think this is the year things turns around. Injuries will determine whether it's a playoff run or just a .500 season because there's not a ton of depth in the organization. I love that Cutch is back to where it all began; he's still a winning player at age 37.

It's so sad what baseball has become. Teams get a runner at 2nd & no outs in extra innings & you NEVER see a bunt attempt to move the runner over. It goes to show you don't even need a manager anymore.

It's so sad what baseball has become. Teams get a runner at 2nd & no outs in extra innings & you NEVER see a bunt attempt to move the runner over. It goes to show you don't even need a manager anymore.

You see that a lot in the home half if the visitors failed to score. Giving up the first out in the top of the inning dramatically reduces the chance of scoring multiple runs.

🧹 Unfortunately tomorrow is the start of April. That’s when baseball officially starts I believe?
Bolded is all I read!
I’m a jaded, long time Pirates fan. Can you blame me for being half glass empty? I kind of stopped paying attention last year and didn’t realize they improved to 76 wins. Surely they can improve on that record this year. The team has a decent lineup with a lot of potential and good defense. I do question the depth in their rotation and bullpen but time will tell. If Arizona could make it to the WS last year, you’re saying there’s a chance?

I'll definitely be getting a Renegade Hot Dog at opening day tomorrow.

I was coming in here to ask if anyone was going to try it. Looks delicious!!
I'm not sure if you've been to PNC, but the stand where they sell the Renegade requires you to enter/pay for your order at a kiosk and then pick it up.
They clearly were not ready for the rush as it was bedlam. After waiting for the first inning and a half, I bailed.
The Renegade experience will have to wait until the next time I'm there.

I posted this in the FFA MLB thread but I’m the guy who caught Cutch’s 300th HR ball yesterday (in Philly)! My son and I got to meet up and he’s so classy.

Also, my real name isn’t Fred lol.
No way! I saw that & was like, look at this guy in the middle of all the philly fans & he catches it. That's awesome.

On another note. Jared Jones gets pulled after 5 innings & 59 pitches, yes 59. A one hitter & 7 strikeouts and they lose. Same @@@@ different year. Just hard to be interested anymore when you see garbage like this.

On another note. Jared Jones gets pulled after 5 innings & 59 pitches, yes 59. A one hitter & 7 strikeouts and they lose. Same @@@@ different year. Just hard to be interested anymore when you see garbage like this.
Agreed - only explanation is if he was hurt.

I posted this in the FFA MLB thread but I’m the guy who caught Cutch’s 300th HR ball yesterday (in Philly)! My son and I got to meet up and he’s so classy.

Also, my real name isn’t Fred lol.

I happened to watch the video of you meeting him this morning. I'll be honest, you look nothing like Fred Savage. I feel like you've been lying to me for years.

he destroyed the mets last night, but what is the point if you are not trying to win games? also, he threw 50 strikes and 9 balls. he and skenes will be great, but if the limit is 60 pitches, the game has to change. pitchers are gonna get hurt, makes no difference about pitch count. especially if they won’t sign them to long term deals when they are established.

Users who are viewing this thread