What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2019 San Francisco Giants Thread: The Waiver Wire OF Headquarters (2 Viewers)

I haven't been to a Giants home game in a while.  Has there been any significant changes to the seats available?  What would be a good section for someone seeing there first baseball game?  Assume ticket cost isn't a concern

Better seating locations cost more. The Club sections add food service if that's important to you.

I don't care for the lower deck sections down the lines.  I'd rather go up to View Box for a few bucks less and get a better perspective of the field.  Some people like to be close.  It's SF so a lot of people like to walk around for half the game.  Go figure.

The only disadvantage of the current hot streak is that it's driven aftermarket ticket prices up.

I would have rather seen a full-scale sell off but I think Farhan had a productive deadline.  Trading Melancon's contract ensures they'll stay under the CBT threshold and the extra $14M will will come in handy this off-season.  It was great to get a cromulent prospect for a few months of Drew Pomeranz and a 29 year old MiLB pitcher.  Hopefully, Scooter Gennett is more Scutaro and less Uggla.

A fire sale isn't in the DNA of this franchise and the hot streak made it much harder to justify to the fanbase.  I think management would have pulled the trigger if there was a great offer.  Tellingly, it never got to the point where they discussed Bum waiving his no-trade.  The trade market for rentals didn't seem to be as strong as it's been in years past.  Whatever happens, it'll be nice to have Bum and Smith around for Bochy's swansong. 

1. Duggar
  2. Parra
  3. Solarte
  4. Joe
  5. Reed
  6. Pillar
  7. Belt
  8. Austin 
  9. Gerber
  10. Williamson 
  11. Vogt
  12. Yastrzemski
  13. Dickerson
  14. Slater
  15. Rickard

1. Duggar
  2. Parra
  3. Solarte
  4. Joe
  5. Reed
  6. Pillar
  7. Belt
  8. Austin 
  9. Gerber
  10. Williamson 
  11. Vogt
  12. Yastrzemski
  13. Dickerson
  14. Slater
  15. Rickard
  16. Avelino

1. Duggar
  2. Parra
  3. Solarte
  4. Joe
  5. Reed
  6. Pillar
  7. Belt
  8. Austin 
  9. Gerber
  10. Williamson 
  11. Vogt
  12. Yastrzemski
  13. Dickerson
  14. Slater
  15. Rickard
  16. Avelino
  17. Davis

Even though they only improved by four games this year, 2019 was much more enjoyable than the last two seasons.   Their hot streak in July and their record in one run games made it more fun than it probably should have been.  The new leadership brought an urgency with their constant wheeling and dealing.  Not all of them worked out but they got positive contributions from Yastrzemski, Pillar, Solano and Dickerson.  They're probably not long-term pieces but they improved the on-field product and help to instill a mentality that the organization top to bottom was focused on improvement.

The Bochy celebration on Sunday marked the end of an era.  It was always going to be a season of transition with Farhan Zaidi coming in and Bochy leaving.   The new manager and his staff will be Farhan's guys and I expect a bunch of other off-season changes.  There have already been changes to the scouting department and the entire coaching staff has been told to  look for other opportunities.  There's still a lot of money tied up on bad contracts so next year will probably be another run at .500 but there's more reason for optimism.

Got to go to Tony LaRussa's ARF fundraiser courtesy of my son's Little League this past weekend.  My son is the biggest Buster Posey fan on the planet, and he got to shake his and Bochy's hands, and Posey signed my son's jersey and took some pictures with him.  Got to mingle with Reggie Jackson, Mark McGwire, Dennis Eckersly, and Albert Pujols in the "green room" of the event.  My son got Pujols to sign a baseball, and got his A's hat signed by Eck and McGwire.  Hearing Posey and Bochy talk to each other you can tell they genuinely love each other.  Mark McGwire was a really nice guy, and captivated the kids with baseball stories and made sure to talk individually with each kid and let them tell him their story.  We had a fun time and my son said it was his best day ever.

The Giants are tormenting Kenley Jansen these past couple of days. That helps to make up for that three-run jack off Rogers by the Fresh Prince on Monday. 

Users who are viewing this thread