What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2012 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I feel kind of lost given how this season ended. A month ago I didn't feel the same way as I do now, and maybe in another month I'll feel different again.

But right now...

I want Wash gone...

I want Josh gone...

I want Young gone(this won't change)...

It's going to be a much different team in a few months...hopefully.

I am admittedly unaware of a lot of the stuff going on with Hamilton and the Rangers, but I wonder if fans and the club would be so eager to ditch him had the Cardinals not came back in the 10th inning of Game 6 last year and Hamilton's HR in the top of the 10th ended up being the clincher of their first title ever...

I am admittedly unaware of a lot of the stuff going on with Hamilton and the Rangers, but I wonder if fans and the club would be so eager to ditch him had the Cardinals not came back in the 10th inning of Game 6 last year and Hamilton's HR in the top of the 10th ended up being the clincher of their first title ever...
Good chance he and Napoli would have been extended last winter under that scenario. Cards fans seem to have moved on from Pujols just fine.

I am very grateful for everything Josh has done for the franchise, it's been a pleasure watching him all these years, and I wish him all the best, but it's probably time for him to go.

no question that changes things. may not be fully fair, but that's the way sports fandom goes.

no question that changes things. may not be fully fair, but that's the way sports fandom goes.
Yeah, you get a longer leash in that scenario. It's frustrating because when he is on a hot streak, he looks like the best player in baseball. So much talent.

'Disco Stu said:
"I gave it my all every time I went out there" says Josh Hamilton in post game interview.

Unfortunately, no one who has paid attention down the stretch believes this. #zerocares

That's why he got booed. This wasn't some knee jerk reaction. It has been building. Sitting out key games due to energy drinks was the last straw for many. Including some in the room allegedly. The play against Oakland just put a bigger spotlight on it.
Hadn't heard this. What happened?

Part of me wants Josh back, really really wants him back. I want to believe that Davis and Simpson could back up the money truck, and that would flip a switch for Josh where he has to show up everyday, and not have "Josh issues". And that he would have the greatest 5 year stretch of any Ranger player ever.

But it just won't happen. Josh is always going to be Josh. And you can't explain to those that don't see this team day in day out how frustrating he is.

This team won't be as good starting out without him, but I still think long term it's the right choice.

I don't see how Kinsler and his contract have any value to anyone as trade material unless you use the Dodgers as your basis and yet ARI and TB are possible locations? Really?

I don't see how Kinsler and his contract have any value to anyone as trade material unless you use the Dodgers as your basis and yet ARI and TB are possible locations? Really?
If he was a FA this year I don't think 5/$70mm is far off from what he could get. Now finding a team willing to pay that and give up prime players or prospects in return are minimal. He had a bad year thus year, but he's still a really good player. I think he needs to move out of the leadoff spot. I'm really looking forward to Bogart starting the 2013 thread and washing the stink of 2012 off.

Nothing big came from the press conference.

JD says that they will not offer Josh a deal before he test free agency.

Wash admits that he might have played his regulars too much. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Ryan was happy with Yu.

No comments on the team's current free agents and no comments on the upcoming free agent market.

There is no difference between "tweaking" and "changing".

Wash stands behind Kinsler, even though he didn't have the best season.

"Too early" to talk about 1st base.

A Rangers guy i follow on twitter posted this, his stab at a complete roster makeover. It's not bad, as these things go (most tend to be way too optimistic about what a team can get in a trade).

Basically, he lets all the free agents go. Signs Greinke. Trades Holland, Murphy, and Cruz.

i want Angel Pagan or Michael Bourn to play CF.i'd guess the Braves re-sign Bourn, though.
I'm okay with Gentry and Martin. I wish one of them could play a corner outfield spot. We have so many other needs to address this winter. Catcher, starting pitcher, DH, bullpen setup man. I have a wish list I need to fine tune. Greinke is on the top of it though, actually he is number 2 on it after finding a new home for Michael Young.

Bogart

And not to mess too much with the other threads, but from a Texas perspective, as much as I wanted Fielder to join this thing. 9 years and $214 is just insane. I will gladly stay away from that kind of contract.
Who is a bigger risk of significantly underperforming their deal: Fielder @ 9/214 or Darvish @ 6/108? Obviously the years and money is greater for Prince but he has much more of a proven track record. The posting fee is a difference from a cash flow perspective but needs to be figured in somewhere.
I agree, both are huge risks. Trying to put bias aside, I like the Darvish risk better. For one, I think he sees all six years of his contract. You would feel safe betting on a physically fit 25 year old Darvish over the 27 year old portly Fielder. I know that Fielder has played in all the games, never misses, etc but you have to think that body breaks down well before the 9 years are up. 18 million a year is easier to swallow that 24 million a year. Not my money, but I think Detroit will be the first to utter "we can't get player X due to financial constrants" before Texas does, no matter how rich the owners are. This is still a business. Both instantly become the face of their franchise, in much different ways. The financial benefit to both clubs should be about the same. Potential vs. results. Fielder has done it, will he continue to do it? Darvish has never done it, but has the chance to be something special. JD and Nolan have earned my trust, I have to go with what they see in Darvish.An interesting look back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread