What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - Iota (1 Viewer)

You were actually correct — it shouldn’t have gotten this strong. Things are different now. A lot of what I learned about hurricanes growing up here in the 1970s-80s is becoming obsolete.

Lost power about 20 minutes ago.

Also just found out that the restaurant my brother works at us staying open during the hurricane.They’re in suburban New Orleans, too.

Windy.com and go to next Monday on the GFS model....hunker down FL (I recognize it is a long time off so likely to change a lot between now and then)

Windy af in Tampa overnight, but the fun is still on its way. Hoping for more shearing, but we’ll deal with it regardless. 

Windy af in Tampa overnight, but the fun is still on its way. Hoping for more shearing, but we’ll deal with it regardless. 
There has been 30+ hours of 35 mph winds with gusts to 50 in SE Florida. Power outages are in the 10s of thousands, which is low. Most places received 7+ inches of rain, and many over 10 inches, especially in Broward. Water was knee deep in Miami's financial district in Brickell avenue, as newly installed pumps couldn't keep up. It will be a bumper day for tow trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iota could become the next Eta, although:

>>“There are no computer model forecasts for the disturbance in the Caribbean that turn it north like Eta did, but it’s going to be moving slowly through the Caribbean and the slow moving systems in those waters are always something we need to keep an eye on.”<<
:loco:

The National Hurricane Center is projecting a 40% chance that Tropical Storm Kappa develops within the next 4 days. Its projected path includes.......Nicaragua.

Users who are viewing this thread