What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (9 Viewers)

I wouldn't mind KJ Hamler in the 2nd or 3rd for the Eagles. Especially with Djax still here. Show the young buck how to dominate in the NFL as an undersized player. Hamler has that Tyrek Hill game changing ability but not the prototypical size people drool over. 
Reagor could be a real possibility in the 2nd too

Agreed. I'd take Gurley if he was below $4m but someone will be dumb enough to pay him $10m+ out there. 
Welp, Falcons gave him a 1-year. No word yet on $, but I can't see it being close to $10M. I don't think I would have taken him at $4M (guaranteed), anyway. I think Gurley is Zeke's future in 1-2 years (run down and broken after being overused.) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, Falcons gave him a 1-year. No word yet on $, but I can't see it being close to $10M. I don't think I would have taken him at $4M (guaranteed), anyway. I think Gurley is Zeke's future in 1-2 years (run down and broken after being overused.) 
Not sure about that.  Gurley had a devastating knee injury in college so his knee was always going to be an issue long-term.  As long as he takes care of his body and the Cowboys don't run him into the ground he probably has another 4-5 years of really good play.  Gurley is however a good validation of why the Eagles don't draft RBs high and don't spend a lot of money on the position.  There really isn't a good reason to spend a lot of money on one guy at the position.  

Seems like it's all quiet on the Jason Peters front. Seems more and more likely he just comes back. Really surprised someone like TB didn't bring him to help protect Brady. Teams needing LT help have been signing mediocre, younger guys instead. 

Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt were bookend wrs for the Rams that struck fear in the hearts of defenses throughout the league.

Could you imagine the shear terror that Wentz throwing to Hamler and DJax would produce?

I say go for it!

Bigboy10182000 said:
Roby Anderson still hanging around. 

Make it happen, Howie. 
Very surprised they haven't addressed receiver. By my math, they probably need 2 or 3. I know this is a good draft and all, but considering the recent track record I wouldn't count on selecting the right ones if I'm the Eagles. 

But hey, Antonio Brown is still out there too. I kid, I kid. Seriously though, they should have tried to get his former teammate Emanuel Sanders. 

Very surprised they haven't addressed receiver. By my math, they probably need 2 or 3. I know this is a good draft and all, but considering the recent track record I wouldn't count on selecting the right ones if I'm the Eagles. 

But hey, Antonio Brown is still out there too. I kid, I kid. Seriously though, they should have tried to get his former teammate Emanuel Sanders. 
I think they sign a veteran that's hanging around (Anderson maybe) and draft one maybe 2 in the top 4 rounds. 

I think they sign a veteran that's hanging around (Anderson maybe) and draft one maybe 2 in the top 4 rounds. 
This is what I ideally want but starting to get crowded.  I do really like this group though for some reason.

Djax, Robbie, Stud 1st round WR, 4th round WR.

JJ, Ward, and Gibson battle it out for the 5th (and maybe 6th) WR spot(s)

I think FA WR demand is down, league-wide, because all the teams know how deep the WR draft class is and want to "wait-and-see" what happens in the draft first. So while Robby Anderson is still out there, I'm not sure his price is coming down, or will. His best bet is to just wait to see how the draft shakes out, then see if the teams that miss out on their WR needs get in a bidding war for him because they don't want to both come up empty in the draft and FA if WR is a need (and we could be one of those teams.) 

I think FA WR demand is down, league-wide, because all the teams know how deep the WR draft class is and want to "wait-and-see" what happens in the draft first. So while Robby Anderson is still out there, I'm not sure his price is coming down, or will. His best bet is to just wait to see how the draft shakes out, then see if the teams that miss out on their WR needs get in a bidding war for him because they don't want to both come up empty in the draft and FA if WR is a need (and we could be one of those teams.) 
So much for that theory! Anderson just signed with the Panthers: 2 years, $20 million.

Anderson to the Panthers who already has Moore and Samuel. Their offense looks loaded. 

Perriman to the Jets for 1 year and 6 million

Well that was good while it lasted. Entire WR core still goes as D Jax goes. What could  go wrong? Lol

Anderson to the Panthers who already has Moore and Samuel. Their offense looks loaded. 

Well that was good while it lasted. Entire WR core still goes as D Jax goes. What could  go wrong? Lol
They have to draft a wr in round 1 or 2.  Hope they pick a good one.  Not a great track record sadly .   Sounds like they could have had Hopkins but didnt want to pay.  Kinda wish they would have

I just don’t understand how they do this to Wentz again. Pathetic job by Howie at this point, what scraps are left out there?

eta I just looked at what’s left, gross. 

They have to draft a wr in round 1 or 2.  Hope they pick a good one.  Not a great track record sadly .   Sounds like they could have had Hopkins but didnt want to pay.  Kinda wish they would have
To beat the AZ offer for Dhop it would have taken the Eagles’ #1 pick and likely a new contract. That’s rich

Not much like that in the market

gore and lynch in their walkers

i guess Dwayne Washington but he’s been kind of a failure.

probably need to look in the draft
i can't remember the name of the RB they picked up 3/4 of the way through the season, but he was designed to be a big back and play that specific role. 

Funny looking at the roster and not positive who it was:  https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/philadelphia-eagles#roster  Maybe Elijah Hollyfield? 

funny looking at the roster though, would have been nice to hold on to Raheem Mostert. i had no idea he was near the team roster last year. still wonder what happened to Matt Jones, guy at one point had such potential.

heard a rumour, that might just be hopeful thinking from an Eagles blog, but Eagles may look into Curtis Samuel. that could be a good, useful piece. 

Also think we have a full pendulum swing with Alshon. Seems everybody is so far down on him, that he has value and should surprise then. i do think he was injured through pretty much all year, so it would be good if he came back showing something. i don't know if the Eagles can move on from him at this point

i can't remember the name of the RB they picked up 3/4 of the way through the season, but he was designed to be a big back and play that specific role. 

Funny looking at the roster and not positive who it was:  https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/philadelphia-eagles#roster  Maybe Elijah Hollyfield? 

funny looking at the roster though, would have been nice to hold on to Raheem Mostert. i had no idea he was near the team roster last year. still wonder what happened to Matt Jones, guy at one point had such potential.
Matt Jones is in the xfl

mostert always looked good in the preseason, hard to predict these things

Kinda disappointed we didn't go after Anderson. I mean - 10 mil is just slightly more then we paid Agholor for jack last year.

modogg said:
heard a rumour, that might just be hopeful thinking from an Eagles blog, but Eagles may look into Curtis Samuel. that could be a good, useful piece. 

Also think we have a full pendulum swing with Alshon. Seems everybody is so far down on him, that he has value and should surprise then. i do think he was injured through pretty much all year, so it would be good if he came back showing something. i don't know if the Eagles can move on from him at this point
So the thinking is CAR now has Robbie and DJ Moore so they have a surplus of WR to trade Samuel?  Not sure if I buy this theory, but can always dream.  They did sign Seth Roberts but I am not sure he is a viable WR# in the new Rhule schemes. 

CAR lost a decent TE in Olson and will likely go to predominate 3 WR Sets.  I just don't see them parting with Curtis Samuel...

As for the Eagles intentions....  I think the remaining FA are not worth the $$.  It would be smarter to make a deal & draft them. 

Who are likely targets in deals?  This is just me throwing out names of who I think could be available -->  LAR is shopping B Cooks / LAC Mike Williams is due a new $$ / Cinn has depth worth looking into (Ross or Boyd?) / KC might move Sammy Watkins  / Pitt could unload James Washington (due $$ next year) / NOS could give up TreQuan Smith

At this point, I think this is what the WRs will look like:

• Djax
  • JJAW
  • Ward
  • 1st round Rookie
  • 4th round Rookie
  • Vet cast-off via signing or trade Rasul for someone looking for a change of scenery
Still think Alshon gets cut, but even if he doesn't he won't be ready for start of season so he'll miss at least the first 6 weeks on PUP.

At this point, I think this is what the WRs will look like:

• Djax
  • JJAW
  • Ward
  • 1st round Rookie
  • 4th round Rookie
  • Vet cast-off via signing or trade Rasul for someone looking for a change of scenery
Still think Alshon gets cut, but even if he doesn't he won't be ready for start of season so he'll miss at least the first 6 weeks on PUP.
Arguably the worst in the league IMO. 

How can they let themselves get backed into a corner where we HAVE to draft a stud WR is beyond me. It’s literally the worst thing they do. 

Arguably the worst in the league IMO. 

How can they let themselves get backed into a corner where we HAVE to draft a stud WR is beyond me. It’s literally the worst thing they do. 
Agreed. Pretty disappointed in the off-season so far. Unless they have a trade up their sleeves (that shouldn't involve losing more picks) they go into the draft with everyone knowing they need to pick WR at 1. The Slay trade means they really shouldn't try moving up and losing more picks, so if there is a decent WR waiting for them other teams can move up and steal him. Ignoring your biggest weakness is a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

My bright side is the season might not even happen this year, so none of this could matter.

Agreed. Pretty disappointed in the off-season so far. Unless they have a trade up their sleeves (that shouldn't involve losing more picks) they go into the draft with everyone knowing they need to pick WR at 1. The Slay trade means they really shouldn't try moving up and losing more picks, so if there is a decent WR waiting for them other teams can move up and steal him. Ignoring your biggest weakness is a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

My bright side is the season might not even happen this year, so none of this could matter.
Maybe, after last season, they think treating WR like LB as far as importance (and TE/RB like DL/DB) is a new/viable strategy :shrug:

Love the Robey-Coleman signing. He's long been one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He's a top-5(at least) slot CB. I wouldn't be shocked if he helped the secondary more than Slay does. 

I'm starting to wonder if Alshon is actually in their plans. That can't be the case...right?
was pondering this too. a healthy DJax is a big wild card in the big picture, no? with the two CB signings (love them both), if DJax is healthy for a full season then Alshon, other than the potential distraction factor, is more than serviceable and is certainly better overall than what we had on the field last season as a group.

Love the Robey-Coleman signing. He's long been one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He's a top-5(at least) slot CB. I wouldn't be shocked if he helped the secondary more than Slay does. 
Jimmy Kempski

@JimmyKempski

The Eagles are stockpiling short slot corners like they're toilet paper.

I like to hear this- I have no idea who he is. What do we do with Maddox and Leblanc?

I like to hear this- I have no idea who he is. What do we do with Maddox and Leblanc?
Yeah, kind of strange. Both Maddox and LeBlanc have done very well for the team. I guess maybe they play more dime this year or have 6 DBs on the field at the same time in different set-ups?
They did do 6 DBs often last year, and with their LB situation as it is, that could be more of a thing this year. Another theory that's gaining some momentum is that Schwartz may be looking to do a mix-and-match DB plan, week-to-week, depending on the opponent. With Slay being the type of DB you can assign to the opposing team's best WR (whether they are the X, Y or Z), he might take the approach of having versatility be important so you can put your best players in the places they are needed most for that week's game plan. 

E.g. if the other team's best WR is in the slot, Slay is the nickel that week, Mills moves from SS to outside CB, along with Roby, while Maddox goes to SS and McLeod to FS. 

I wasn't expecting them to make a splashy WR signing, but the nonchalance they've shown toward the position thus far is certainly troubling. Investing major draft capital seems like a prudent move (if they nail the picks), but I'd still like to see them bring in a veteran for more reliable depth. Looking at the remaining free agent scraps, only Robinson and Allison seem remotely appealing. RFA David Moore is also intriguing.  A trade might be more likely - there's a few teams with crowded WR depth charts, maybe Rasul Douglas would interest them?

I wasn't expecting them to make a splashy WR signing, but the nonchalance they've shown toward the position thus far is certainly troubling. Investing major draft capital seems like a prudent move (if they nail the picks), but I'd still like to see them bring in a veteran for more reliable depth. Looking at the remaining free agent scraps, only Robinson and Allison seem remotely appealing. RFA David Moore is also intriguing.  A trade might be more likely - there's a few teams with crowded WR depth charts, maybe Rasul Douglas would interest them?
I agree with your thoughts but no one is trading for douglas

Justin Jefferson would be such a great pick for you guys at 21... my opinion. Could also see Vikings jumping ahead and sniping him. If that's the case then I have no clue what you guys do... Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen maybe?

Deamon said:
Sounds like GM speak for "we want one badly in the first round"
Exactly. Classic FFB move.

Loudly ”I’m definitely going RB in the first round”, as you hope the guys in front of you all grab RBs so Michael Thomas free falls to you.😂

Users who are viewing this thread