What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (6 Viewers)

Amari got paid!

5 yr $100m by Dallas. Highest paid WR in the NFL. Second highest annual salary only to Julio. 

Not many big names left,  ironically.

Jeffrey a big candidate, but I think they have to trade him, his contract won't work to cut him this year (and good luck trading with that injury).  Who else? Cox, graham, Johnson are going to be here. Maybe some small fries guys, but not much else...
Maybe not all "big" names, but there will be many exits from the SB 52 roster this off-season:

Highly probable: Bradham, Alshon, Agholor, Jason Peters, Big V, Jernigan, Clement, Curry

50/50: McCloud, Douglas, Sudfeld

Not out of the realm of possibility: Jenkins, Mills
Update on the above "Super Bowl" 13: 5 gone, 2 staying, 6 TBD

My take on Jenkins: Would have been valuable to keep for one more year if he was willing to play at his contract number. But if he was looking for an extension and top-safety dollars, I can't see doing that.

I think the opportunity that was missed was re-doing his deal before last season for the final two years. Would have kept him happy and been reasonable for the team's cap.

love the MCLeoud re-signing. if he can stay healthy def good contract. i know sports radio fanbase doesn't love him like they did Malcolm, but McLeoud does a lot of the important things that usually go unnoticed

love the MCLeoud re-signing. if he can stay healthy def good contract. i know sports radio fanbase doesn't love him like they did Malcolm, but McLeoud does a lot of the important things that usually go unnoticed
Yep. You don’t hear it much but he only missed two snaps all season. One for an equipment issue and another for a bathroom break. 

My take on Jenkins: Would have been valuable to keep for one more year if he was willing to play at his contract number. But if he was looking for an extension and top-safety dollars, I can't see doing that.

I think the opportunity that was missed was re-doing his deal before last season for the final two years. Would have kept him happy and been reasonable for the team's cap.
Agreed here. Can't put out the $$ he wanted. Wish we coulda kept him, but we clearly committed to getting younger as well.

Kinda thought we would have made a little more noise in FA
Guys, I'm starting to have a bad feeling about what Howie meant when he said the approach for this season would be to "retool." That might have been a nice way to say "We're going to treat this season like a rebuild, build in the draft, clear cap room, lock up a younger FA or two, and try to take advantage of a weak division to still have a chance to be a playoff team where we might not be in great shape to make a SB run, but 2021 and 2022 are where we really hope to make some noise."

Kinda thought we would have made a little more noise in FA
After Jones I really didn’t expect much. Hargrove got a nice deal and there still some speed out there at WR. Hoping to get some on the cheap. 

Guys, I'm starting to have a bad feeling about what Howie meant when he said the approach for this season would be to "retool." That might have been a nice way to say "We're going to treat this season like a rebuild, build in the draft, clear cap room, lock up a younger FA or two, and try to take advantage of a weak division to still have a chance to be a playoff team where we might not be in great shape to make a SB run, but 2021 and 2022 are where we really hope to make some noise."
It’s an odd situation to be in for sure. If you give tons in FA, after paying Wentz, with no real young talent it has the potential to be disastrous. 

This off-season we have to pull some steals in FA and the draft and hope to develop young players if we plan on making any noise in any year. 

Why is that a 'bad' feeling though? Overpaying isn't the way to go. Build in the draft and get younger was exactly what everyone said they should do after last season. They've been one of the oldest teams in the league, and it caught up with them. Think they had been pretty open all offseason that they were going to take a purposeful approach to getting younger.

They would have been in on Byron Jones - but at the right price. Malcolm wanted to test FA, and we didn't want to extend a 32 yr old for 4 years. Hopkins - ok I wish we woulda got him. Maybe they wanted a first from the Eagles?  Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
3, 5 and a new deal for a 29 year old CB that many think had a down year. 
Terms are out and Slay is now the highest paid CB in the NFL. Gotta wonder if it would have been worth going that high, or a little higher, to get Byron Jones who is younger and wouldn't have cost two draft picks. But maybe he just didn't want to come here?

Terms are out and Slay is now the highest paid CB in the NFL. Gotta wonder if it would have been worth going that high, or a little higher, to get Byron Jones who is younger and wouldn't have cost two draft picks. But maybe he just didn't want to come here?
Don't want any former Cowboys.  They've been tainted by the Dallas funk.  

Don't want any former Cowboys.  They've been tainted by the Dallas funk.  
The overall guaranteed money, and years, is much less for Slay, which I guess is a positive. I do have to wonder if not having that high 3rd and 5th impact our ability to trade up to grab a top-tier WR in the draft, now. Maybe things fall right, but I don't think it's likely they get one of the big 3 WRs sitting tight at 21.

One thing's for sure: having a lock-down CB next season will be a nice change. Been a long time since we could say that. 

Darius Slay is signing 3-year, $50M contract extension w/ $30M guaranteed with the #Eagles as part of the trade, per agent Drew Rosenhaus. That’s $16.67M per year. That’s a little more than the $16.5M per year salary Byron Jones signed with the Dolphins. Slay is 2 years older.

Darius Slay is signing 3-year, $50M contract extension w/ $30M guaranteed with the #Eagles as part of the trade, per agent Drew Rosenhaus. That’s $16.67M per year. That’s a little more than the $16.5M per year salary Byron Jones signed with the Dolphins. Slay is 2 years older.
Gotta look at the guaranteed money, that's what counts.  Slay got 30M guaranteed, Jones got 57M (40 in the first two years).

Gotta look at the guaranteed money, that's what counts.  Slay got 30M guaranteed, Jones got 57M (40 in the first two years).
True but is that difference in money worth 2 extra players or the resources to move up or back in the draft?

It’s hard for me to get excited to be honest. This feels like the more of the same. We can’t draft so chase our tail with trades. We get the name we all like, are shocked when they suck, than blame Swartz etc etc. 

True but is that difference in money worth 2 extra players or the resources to move up or back in the draft?

It’s hard for me to get excited to be honest. This feels like the more of the same. We can’t draft so chase our tail with trades. We get the name we all like, are shocked when they suck, than blame Swartz etc etc. 
eh, you know howie would have ####ed up the picks anyway...

I don't hate it.  He historically has been a lock down corner most of the time and a ball hawk.  He has 19 career INTs.  Other than age what is there not to like?

Losing the picks sucks but 8 picks will still bring in a lot of talent.

I wouldn't mind KJ Hamler in the 2nd or 3rd for the Eagles. Especially with Djax still here. Show the young buck how to dominate in the NFL as an undersized player. Hamler has that Tyrek Hill game changing ability but not the prototypical size people drool over. 

Users who are viewing this thread