What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (5 Viewers)

Reports are out that Press Taylor is being "promoted" to passing game coordinator (and retaining QB coach.) My guess, since they already have a "run game coordinator" they are going the San Fran model with no official offensive coordinator. 

Then they also might be adding some other new voices in unspecified roles:

Former Broncos offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello and former Mississippi State pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Andrew Breiner are also expected to have a role
:fartnoise:

Last edited by a moderator:
“Scangarello is from Kyle Shanahan tree, was OC for the Broncos in 2019. "Ideas" guy especially for run game w/pre-snap motion/misdirection that Shanahan does so well. Breiner worked under Joe Moorhead, who was Penn State's OC when McSorely/Saquon were shredding Big Ten defenses.”

“Scangarello is from Kyle Shanahan tree, was OC for the Broncos in 2019. "Ideas" guy especially for run game w/pre-snap motion/misdirection that Shanahan does so well. Breiner worked under Joe Moorhead, who was Penn State's OC when McSorely/Saquon were shredding Big Ten defenses.”
I will say the only time I saw Denver play in 2019 was against the Texans with Drew Lock at QB, and that offense moved up and down the field against the Texans. They took a 38-3 lead in the 3rd quarter and won the game 38-24. It was pretty impressive, especially with a rookie QB leading the offense.

I will say the only time I saw Denver play in 2019 was against the Texans with Drew Lock at QB, and that offense moved up and down the field against the Texans. They took a 38-3 lead in the 3rd quarter and won the game 38-24. It was pretty impressive, especially with a rookie QB leading the offense.
Houston's defense was and is trash 

Houston's defense was and is trash 
Agree, but Denver still looked like they had just out gameplanned the Texans. That is when Bill O'Brien had his meltdown on a fan at halftime. "You suck too!! You suck too, M***** F*****!!!! What an idiot.

Agree, but Denver still looked like they had just out gameplanned the Texans. That is when Bill O'Brien had his meltdown on a fan at halftime. "You suck too!! You suck too, M***** F*****!!!! What an idiot.
Yeah I watched some of that game.  Denver did look good that game.  Prob the best they looked on offense all year

Moorehead has done very little since leaving PSU and then getting fired. A lot of that was on Saquon but also some luck and the receivers like Goodwin making some impressive catches. McSorely had a lotto throws from what I watched that makes the QB/HC go "WTF are you doing" that were lucky to be completions or just flat-out dropped INT's. When Moorehead left for the Miss St (I believe) the offense kind of went someone where back to normal. Other then that I know little of Beiner. 

Yeah I watched some of that game.  Denver did look good that game.  Prob the best they looked on offense all year
To be fair to Den their passing game was ranked 29th this season but Flacco was in there the first few games then got hurt. Until Drew Lock came off of IR they had a bunch of nobodies throwing passes that maybe you or me could've done better with. When Lock got in there they seemed to do a whole lot better. So the numbers for Den's pass game can be a bit deceiving 

BoB should just go back to NE at this point so he can be's Bilichik's little pet under Josh McDaniel's. 

All on Doug this year. No excuses if we have slow starts.
I hate it.  The ONE thing Doug needs is a smart, fresh, up and coming guy to game plan.  He's an A coach in terms of play calling and motivating, but has become a C in terms of being cutting edge and planning things out. 

Hope he either hires an OC or let's this plethora of voices in the offensive room scheme up some cool stuff for him to work with on game day.

Scangarello (whatever is role is) has had 12 jobs since 1998. With the turnover we’ve had he’ll fit right in. Hope he doesn’t unpack lol

That is leading to speculation that they have their OC hire sights set on someone that is still coaching in the Super Bowl (and may also already have a WR coach, that just hasn't leaked yet.)
Speculation now that Aaron Moorehead (Vanverbilt WR coach, former Colt) could be the pending hire... 
Now confirmed. And that wraps up the coaching decisions for 2020.

Expect an official announcement soon for this, Taylor's new title, Marquand Manuel (DB coach), Matt Burke (DL coach), and whatever roles/titles Rich Scangarello and Andrew Breiner get. 

On to the draft!

And, here's the official announcement.

Note that the "Run Game Coordinator" title that new DL coach Matt Burke has is for the "defensive" side. 
I was just going to ask this, hoping he didn't pull an offensive/defensive roll like Juan haha.

Well the coaching staff strategy is certainly interesting and unprecedented.  So many people doing so many different things.  If they can all co-exist and get along drama-free, I think it could work out nicely. 

Am fine with no OC as long as Doug is fully open to letting Scangarello and Breiner take the reins and get creative together in the game planning.

Lots of cooks in the kitchen:

OFFENSE (overseen by Doug)
Taylor- Passing the Ball
Deuce- Running the Ball
Moorehead- Catching the ball
Breiner- Behind the scenes offensive guy
Scangarello- Behind the scenes offensive guy

DEFENSE (overseen by Jim)
Burke - Stopping the Run
Manuel- Stopping the Pass

Lots of cooks in the kitchen:

OFFENSE (overseen by Doug)
Taylor- Passing the Ball
Deuce- Running the Ball
Moorehead- Catching the ball
Breiner- Behind the scenes offensive guy
Scangarello- Behind the scenes offensive guy

DEFENSE (overseen by Jim)
Burke - Stopping the Run
Manuel- Stopping the Pass

Seems to me a way so that one guy doesn't get the blame if it doesnt work out.  But the guy that will get the blame will be Doug. 

Seems to me a way so that one guy doesn't get the blame if it doesnt work out.  But the guy that will get the blame will be Doug. 
That's exactly what this set-up means. No Mike Groh to scapegoat if this doesn't work out. I do wonder who they will trot out at the weekly coordinator press conference to speak for the offense.

Front office (Football ops) changes announced

• Tom Hunkele - Director of Sports Medicine

• Ted Rath - Director of Sports Performance

• Jeremiah Washburn - Director of Player Personnel/Senior Defensive Assistant

• Connor Barwin - Special Assistant to the General Manager

• Brent Celek - Personnel Consultant

• Darren Sproles - Personnel Consultant
Expected that Barwin and Celek would be joining officially in some capacity based on their presence at the Senior Bowl, etc., but the Sproles one was a surprise. That means he'll be close by the minute Boston Scott goes down  :oldunsure:

The Noid said:
Front office (Football ops) changes announced

Expected that Barwin and Celek would be joining officially in some capacity based on their presence at the Senior Bowl, etc., but the Sproles one was a surprise. That means he'll be close by the minute Boston Scott goes down  :oldunsure:
If the health doesn’t do better this year I have no clue what it could be. These guys come with good resumes across the board. 

And Sproles must have some damn good pics or texts from someone in the front office 😂. Nah, all kidding aside I’m happy to have him and Celek on board 

Team needs fresh eyes and promotes from within....again. Either Press is a budding star or Doug is too loyal. It will be interesting to see which it is. 
They apparently really like Press and Wentz likes him too. They have a very good relationship that I think will be shown in All or Nothing 

I hate it.  The ONE thing Doug needs is a smart, fresh, up and coming guy to game plan.  He's an A coach in terms of play calling and motivating, but has become a C in terms of being cutting edge and planning things out. 

Hope he either hires an OC or let's this plethora of voices in the offensive room scheme up some cool stuff for him to work with on game day.
I know it's not real life but I went into my EA Sports Madden Playbook and started adding and subtracting plays and formations. I put in a lot more motion/trick plays and included the Wildcat as well. Defensively I added some 3-4 and 4-4 formation plays and added some more aggressive style too it play wise. Online that playbook is so predictable. Now I have a play in shotgun I think spread 4 wide and RB on my Right. I have a play with a RB Reverse to the WR for a pass option and then the other play is an end around plus a fake EA with a HB draw. It gives me some options as I'll use the fake play early with the motion to see how aggressive the person I'm playing will be. If I see they are aggressively preventing my run I'll throw in that reverse Pass option and usually will get a Wide-open guy for 6. 

Point is Doug for as aggressive as he's been it's become too predictable and needs some fresh and smart ideas 

For those interested and with Amazon Prime all the episodes of Eagles all or Nothing is out now. I haven't watched any of them yet but Bleeding Green got to see most of the episodes and did a nice summary of show. 

Watched all or nothing in it's entirety last night. Fairly good. Tried to find my coworkers son and he didn't pop up until one of the last scenes in the last episode of corse. One of my beefs and negatives about the show is Angelo Cataldi is featured way too much. Marks and Farzetta get some time to talk (It's all radio talk from their shows and Eagles Pre and post on WIP. If we are ever on Hard Knocks someone needs to tell the producers Cataldi ain't the voice of this city. I cringed every time his voice came on. First episode goes back to relive some of 2017 plus the parade. We go into last offseason with DeSean coming back and another move or so. Then we get into a short thing on Training camp before we are into Week 1 of the season. 

Every episode featured a lot of Brandon Graham and his family. I think if you haven't already you'll find some new appreciation for him. Graham's daughter might be the star of the series however. Graham is really shown how much he hates Tom and the Patriots and all the guys know what it means to beat Dal. I think the player especially the ones here long enough have become like the fans in how much they do not like the Cowboys which is a great thing. 

The Eagles Fake FG that failed in Minny game was called Skole which I thought was funny. Same episode Jenkins is calling out Sidney Jones for not acting like he wanted to play and his body language being #### and all was not showing he cared enough about his play out there. Thought that was interesting as shortly after the Eagles get Darby and Mills healthy Jones was basically only playing emergency situations after until near the end of the year again. 

Packers game you got to relive Avonte Maddox on the ground. One of the interesting things is you hear him talking to the training staff. Knows where he is, his only thought is hey are we winning and let me get up I can move I want to finish the game. Jenkins says some I couldn't pick up but sounded like "hey just focus on your safety we'll worry about winning this for ya. During the losing streak after the Lions game I believe you see Graham and Kelce talking as they exit the field. Kelce mentions how guys are hurt but we need guys to step up and it's a long story I don't want to get into now but guys who need to step up and produce aren't. With that when Nelly is going through all his struggles you see his teammates doing their best to cheer him up. In practice he's literally catching almost everything too. 

Speaking of Maddox they do a nice bit on him and Goeddert living together and how they go about their day at home and all. They go into Brandon Brooks contract extension and anxiety issues (Wish they had done a bit more here especially including Lane Johnson and how he helps Brooks as well). They don't mention any of the bull#### going on with Josina Anderson (I wasn't surprised nor did I think they would even touch on this at all) going after Wentz but we did get the initial Orlando The Snake Scandrick's comments on Jenkins and then Action News showing the Eagles response of the Mic'd up Clip of the Snake commending Jenkins on his leadership. They go into a lot of Jenkins being a team leader and some off the field issues. They make a mention of the Players Coalition but don't dive deep into this one at all. They follow Carson's relationship with DeSean and how generally excited he was to play with him and then how disappointed he was when he was out. Wentz mentions he checked in on Jackson every week. You just see how tight these guys are with one another. No one from this organization is lying when they say it truly is a family. You see that in every episode how they interact with one another. They all want to win but they'll pick one another up when down and really compliment another when one is having success. 

We got a nice little bit on Jalen Mills coming back and got a good piece on Baby Yoda Scott and Gregg Ward. During a practice funny moment where Scott asks Wentz if he'd like to donate 2 inches to the Boston Scott Foundation. One of the last episodes they do a nice piece on Josh McCown and how he goes back to Carolina on Friday to coach his son and then his wife and him take a private plane back to Philly around 10:30 the same night. When The Eagles are down to 3 WRs they show practice of McCown running routes and Wentz throwing to him working on timing. Gotta say McCown looked like a natural there. Ertz and his wife get some time at the end with Ertz injury and the two at an ACME during a turkey run. Bradley Cooper is seen in an episode as well and Ertz gives a great speech the night before the Dal Home game to the team. 

Most of the episodes are about 35 mins long last was 1hr and 13 mins as they cover last two games and the playoffs. Most heart wrenching moment is the ending. They follow McCown as Ertz Consoles him on the field. You can see how much this meant to Josh and he really felt like he let them down. They follow him to the tunnel and right before he turns the corner about 30-40 feet from where most of the media is before the locker room he breakdown and squats down to gather himself. A few teammates and staff member go to help him out and gather himself. Really tough to watch and not get a little teary eyed yourself here. You really feel for the dude. It ends with some short fan interviews of how much the team means to the city and all. 

Its a nice documentary but was a little disappointed too. Same players were followed around almost every episode, Only Pederson/Roseman/Lurie out of members of the staff and all got some airtime in terms of interviews and such during their this. WOuld've been nice to see a Little Grohl or Schwartz. Chris Long makes an appearance though as a host on NFL Next with Kay Adams in the episode that Features Malcom Jenkins. If they ever do Hard Knocks please very little if any of Cataldi that's all I ask for. All and all you aren't gonna get any big time sexy news flashes here to get some stories on you didn't know about. A lot of what you knew is in here on the team. You just Get a bit more personal with some of the players and daily routine and how they interact with one another. BG is a big a time talker. Dude does not shut up for a minute. You also see a lot more maturity from DeSean when he's on as well and some of the interactions of Wentz/McCown relationship. Disappointment we didn't get into more on Doug's love for Ice Cream after meetings though. That would've been our Version of Grudden's "Knock on Wood if your with me" comment. You see Wentz Leadership and him talking to Sanders about the grind of the season and eating right as well as don't splurge with your money in the offseason. Jeffrey didn't get a lot of talking other then the first few episodes when going over how the Receiver group was the DNA Boys or the DeSean Brothers. One thing you might be able to get on this is when DeSean got hurt again it was apparently a new injury he said It wasn't him re-injuringthe groin. 

All and all I would suggest this if you're a diehard fan. If you're a documentary expert you probably won't like it as much. As a football fan you'd like it and if you just want a cool football documentary to help you through the offseason I'd suggest this. 

Per Jeff McLane the Eagles are interested in KC WR DeMarcus Robinson. With all the depth and guys who need to be paid in KC key players D-Rob could be let go. Easiest way to describe him is he's a more Physical a bit bigger DeSean Jackson. Fell in the draft as well do to red flags but fell further then DeSean to the 4th round. Mostly for testing positive for Pot and another for meeting with a marketing official which is a no no under NCAA rules. As a Pro D-Rob has been a fairly good boy with not many if any mentions of run ins with the law or issues with coaches. Did hear Andy took a similar approach with D-Rob as he did with DeSean but made some changes to what was and didn't work when dealing with DeSean with D-Rob. Robinson is  25 and doesn't turn 26 till the 3rd or 4th week of next season and would be cheaper then other options like Robby Anderson or Amari Cooper. 

Overall if the Eagles can find a way to get rid of Jeffrey and Let Nelly go sign Robby Anderson and Drob and Draft Ruggs and SHenault I'd be fairly happy and call this successful upgrade of the WR core.

Watched all or nothing in it's entirety last night. Fairly good. Tried to find my coworkers son and he didn't pop up until one of the last scenes in the last episode of corse. One of my beefs and negatives about the show is Angelo Cataldi is featured way too much. Marks and Farzetta get some time to talk (It's all radio talk from their shows and Eagles Pre and post on WIP. If we are ever on Hard Knocks someone needs to tell the producers Cataldi ain't the voice of this city. I cringed every time his voice came on. First episode goes back to relive some of 2017 plus the parade. We go into last offseason with DeSean coming back and another move or so. Then we get into a short thing on Training camp before we are into Week 1 of the season. 

Every episode featured a lot of Brandon Graham and his family. I think if you haven't already you'll find some new appreciation for him. Graham's daughter might be the star of the series however. Graham is really shown how much he hates Tom and the Patriots and all the guys know what it means to beat Dal. I think the player especially the ones here long enough have become like the fans in how much they do not like the Cowboys which is a great thing. 

The Eagles Fake FG that failed in Minny game was called Skole which I thought was funny. Same episode Jenkins is calling out Sidney Jones for not acting like he wanted to play and his body language being #### and all was not showing he cared enough about his play out there. Thought that was interesting as shortly after the Eagles get Darby and Mills healthy Jones was basically only playing emergency situations after until near the end of the year again. 

Packers game you got to relive Avonte Maddox on the ground. One of the interesting things is you hear him talking to the training staff. Knows where he is, his only thought is hey are we winning and let me get up I can move I want to finish the game. Jenkins says some I couldn't pick up but sounded like "hey just focus on your safety we'll worry about winning this for ya. During the losing streak after the Lions game I believe you see Graham and Kelce talking as they exit the field. Kelce mentions how guys are hurt but we need guys to step up and it's a long story I don't want to get into now but guys who need to step up and produce aren't. With that when Nelly is going through all his struggles you see his teammates doing their best to cheer him up. In practice he's literally catching almost everything too. 

Speaking of Maddox they do a nice bit on him and Goeddert living together and how they go about their day at home and all. They go into Brandon Brooks contract extension and anxiety issues (Wish they had done a bit more here especially including Lane Johnson and how he helps Brooks as well). They don't mention any of the bull#### going on with Josina Anderson (I wasn't surprised nor did I think they would even touch on this at all) going after Wentz but we did get the initial Orlando The Snake Scandrick's comments on Jenkins and then Action News showing the Eagles response of the Mic'd up Clip of the Snake commending Jenkins on his leadership. They go into a lot of Jenkins being a team leader and some off the field issues. They make a mention of the Players Coalition but don't dive deep into this one at all. They follow Carson's relationship with DeSean and how generally excited he was to play with him and then how disappointed he was when he was out. Wentz mentions he checked in on Jackson every week. You just see how tight these guys are with one another. No one from this organization is lying when they say it truly is a family. You see that in every episode how they interact with one another. They all want to win but they'll pick one another up when down and really compliment another when one is having success. 

We got a nice little bit on Jalen Mills coming back and got a good piece on Baby Yoda Scott and Gregg Ward. During a practice funny moment where Scott asks Wentz if he'd like to donate 2 inches to the Boston Scott Foundation. One of the last episodes they do a nice piece on Josh McCown and how he goes back to Carolina on Friday to coach his son and then his wife and him take a private plane back to Philly around 10:30 the same night. When The Eagles are down to 3 WRs they show practice of McCown running routes and Wentz throwing to him working on timing. Gotta say McCown looked like a natural there. Ertz and his wife get some time at the end with Ertz injury and the two at an ACME during a turkey run. Bradley Cooper is seen in an episode as well and Ertz gives a great speech the night before the Dal Home game to the team. 

Most of the episodes are about 35 mins long last was 1hr and 13 mins as they cover last two games and the playoffs. Most heart wrenching moment is the ending. They follow McCown as Ertz Consoles him on the field. You can see how much this meant to Josh and he really felt like he let them down. They follow him to the tunnel and right before he turns the corner about 30-40 feet from where most of the media is before the locker room he breakdown and squats down to gather himself. A few teammates and staff member go to help him out and gather himself. Really tough to watch and not get a little teary eyed yourself here. You really feel for the dude. It ends with some short fan interviews of how much the team means to the city and all. 

Its a nice documentary but was a little disappointed too. Same players were followed around almost every episode, Only Pederson/Roseman/Lurie out of members of the staff and all got some airtime in terms of interviews and such during their this. WOuld've been nice to see a Little Grohl or Schwartz. Chris Long makes an appearance though as a host on NFL Next with Kay Adams in the episode that Features Malcom Jenkins. If they ever do Hard Knocks please very little if any of Cataldi that's all I ask for. All and all you aren't gonna get any big time sexy news flashes here to get some stories on you didn't know about. A lot of what you knew is in here on the team. You just Get a bit more personal with some of the players and daily routine and how they interact with one another. BG is a big a time talker. Dude does not shut up for a minute. You also see a lot more maturity from DeSean when he's on as well and some of the interactions of Wentz/McCown relationship. Disappointment we didn't get into more on Doug's love for Ice Cream after meetings though. That would've been our Version of Grudden's "Knock on Wood if your with me" comment. You see Wentz Leadership and him talking to Sanders about the grind of the season and eating right as well as don't splurge with your money in the offseason. Jeffrey didn't get a lot of talking other then the first few episodes when going over how the Receiver group was the DNA Boys or the DeSean Brothers. One thing you might be able to get on this is when DeSean got hurt again it was apparently a new injury he said It wasn't him re-injuringthe groin. 

All and all I would suggest this if you're a diehard fan. If you're a documentary expert you probably won't like it as much. As a football fan you'd like it and if you just want a cool football documentary to help you through the offseason I'd suggest this. 
Instead of reading this I’ll wait for the @Long Ball Larry comedic one line cliff note

Instead of reading this I’ll wait for the @Long Ball Larry comedic one line cliff note
I did a better summary on the Eagles group I'm in. Should've started with that which was this 

"I binged watched all or nothing last night. The TLDR version. Don't expect anything big here newsworthy. It's a nice documentary but it followed many of the same players constantly. Only Doug/Howie/Lurie staff wise got most of the time between coaches and other people. Be for warned but Jackass Cataldi's voice gets heard constantly from the radio talk side. Nice Documentary to pass the offseason. 

Now the Long Version if interested:"

I did a better summary on the Eagles group I'm in. Should've started with that which was this 

"I binged watched all or nothing last night. The TLDR version. Don't expect anything big here newsworthy. It's a nice documentary but it followed many of the same players constantly. Only Doug/Howie/Lurie staff wise got most of the time between coaches and other people. Be for warned but Jackass Cataldi's voice gets heard constantly from the radio talk side. Nice Documentary to pass the offseason. 

Now the Long Version if interested:"
You should stick with this style moving forward.  Less is More.

Deamon said:
You should stick with this style moving forward.  Less is More.
Not sure what you've seen yet or if at all but one of the episodes your buddy makes a cameo on the sidelines during one of the games saying something to Cox I believe. Find my coworkers son in the very last episode in the final scenes 

Been lookin around the social media sites for some fan and media (Eagles beat) reviews about All or Nothing. Sounds more like the minute people heard or saw Angelo Cataldi is featured big time they decided to not even watch it. Kevin Kinkeed even said he was taking it off his watchlist as he tweeted that. Not sure who directs or does the filming of this but someone should tell them Angelo Cataldi is not the Voice of Philly. If we ever get Hard Knocks we need more John Marks and Big Daddy if he's returned. Just keep Mikey Miss and Angelo off the dam thing or feature very little. It was absolutely terrible having him on. Possible reason why he was more over the top this year. Every time he knew the camera was on him the over acting was nauseating. Having him represent the Eagles is like showing the Astros in MLB talk about Morales and why Pete Rose shouldn't be in the MLB HoF. Very poor representation of the city and fans. A dam shame people won't watch because of that as I thought it was fairly good to get your Eagles offseason fix and learn a bit about some of these guys personally. 

From NFL's marketability perspective, the persona of the teams to the rest of the country has to take on the perceived persona of the city than any reality or what you just said. Angelo fits the bill.

From NFL's marketability perspective, the persona of the teams to the rest of the country has to take on the perceived persona of the city than any reality or what you just said. Angelo fits the bill.
The issue is they don't though. Angelo might be the most ill informed person for this. This is a guy who got people to throw batteries at JD Drew and Boo McNabb then tried to get the dirty 30 back together. Hell honestly if Eskin was still on radio full time I'd say he better represents the city and fans than Cataldi who reps the idiots and misogynistics of the fanbase.   

Don't get me wrong I get why but it clearly doesn't help when you have people who would watch it say they aren't now because of him. 

The issue is they don't though. Angelo might be the most ill informed person for this. This is a guy who got people to throw batteries at JD Drew and Boo McNabb then tried to get the dirty 30 back together. Hell honestly if Eskin was still on radio full time I'd say he better represents the city and fans than Cataldi who reps the idiots and misogynistics of the fanbase.   

Don't get me wrong I get why but it clearly doesn't help when you have people who would watch it say they aren't now because of him. 
Lifelong fan of about 50 years and probably  WON'T be watching since I heard about the Cataldi news.   Having to consciously support Amazon was bad enough, but the Cataldi news is probably too much for my sensibilities to bear.  Go EAGLES!!

Lifelong fan of about 50 years and probably  WON'T be watching since I heard about the Cataldi news.   Having to consciously support Amazon was bad enough, but the Cataldi news is probably too much for my sensibilities to bear.  Go EAGLES!!
Your comment is the exact comment I'm seeing every where and thats an issue. I hope if the team ever does Hard Knocks the people producing it see these comments and make changes 

They show actual footage of Cataldi talking more than any other WIP or Fanatic personality, but as far as the amount of "air time" he gets in the series it's not more than some others get. They just use those other guys (like the "Go Birds" hosts) more often as voice-overs to footage of the team, games, city, etc. instead of showing them live saying what they are saying. 

Overall, though, the producers do lean on sports talk radio clips to carry the series over the John Hamm narration or game broadcast clips. 

He's not ill-informed.  He just cares about ratings above all else and doesn't care what he says to get them.

I loathe Cataldi as much as the next guy, but to skip watching it because of him is silly. I just groan at the 30 seconds you hear him each episode and move on. While not as much behind the scenes as I was hoping overall, it's still a good watch and worth the time if you're a fan. 

I loathe Cataldi as much as the next guy, but to skip watching it because of him is silly. I just groan at the 30 seconds you hear him each episode and move on. While not as much behind the scenes as I was hoping overall, it's still a good watch and worth the time if you're a fan. 
Yeah, the series was just basically a super-long version of the old, yearly season-in-review VHS/DVDs.

He's not ill-informed.  He just cares about ratings above all else and doesn't care what he says to get them.
He's pretty ill-informed. My buddy did an internship at WIP and the dude is beyond an idiot. He's your typical Monday morning QB who thinks he knows what he's talking about but really doesn't. My buddy did his internship with Big Daddy  and when he'd fill in for the over night he'd say to my buddy he dreaded the ending because he'd have to be with Cataldi. He would say "My dog knows more about football than this jabroni." One of the reasons they hardly have Ray Didenger on his morning show is WIP knows Diddy would run circles around Angelo when it comes to not just football but Sports in general. They don't want their #1 guys being shown up. I also heard Bruno/Innes together have an extensive good takes on sports as well. Cataldi had it out for the two of them since day 1. One of the reasons Bruno left is because Angelo and him got in an argument about a month or 2 before Tony left WIP. I forget the argument but Angelo felt Bruno showed him up in front of some big shot. So Cataldia went and bittched about it to his boss who told his hire ups if they didn't do something about this Angelo would threaten to retire when his contract was up. WIP head officials didn't want this as they knew they had no one to replace Angelo at the time. The Company who Owns WIP was also in the middle of a merger (can't remember who Bruno mentioned this on one of his own podcast during the Innes being let go) and knew if Cataldi left it wouldn't do much for negotiations. So WIP officials went to Bruno's show producer and put all these new ridiculous guidelines him and Innes had to follow. The producer was pissed along with Bruno/Innes because they knew it was bull####. More and more restraints were put on them each week because Bruno's show was gaining big time ratings and Cataldi felt they would eventually surpass the morning show. Remember Bruno/Innes was a polarizing duo. People tuned in because of being life long friends of Bruno but they you had the fans who loved Innes and then the people who hated him so much they still listened. Cataldi runs the show at WIP and he's just your typical drunk fan who sat up in the 700 level with his beer muscles.

I'm only half way through All or Nothing but so far the best "on the field" moment was the Maddox injury. The closeness of it specifically. Hearing the conversations and how the anxious feelings come through. It really changed my perspective from it being a downed player to an injured person (if that makes any sense).
That may have been one of my favorite scenes (for lack of better words or phrase) for the simple part of the closeness and specifics. You can briefly hear Jenkins say something to Maddox too and Maddox talking to the drs. I remember hearing him say he wanted to continue playing but didn't realize he was saying that almost after it happened. Also loved watching the stuff with Jenkins and the defense during the Minny game. Taking accountability for himself, going after certain players he felt weren't doing their best, showing encouragement and my personal favorite that like ######## Scandrick praising him for his leadership and then they show his first take clip berating Jenkins as not a leader. Guess the dude forgot he was mic'd up and said that to Malcolm? 

Really got a whole new perspective of Avonte and Dallas too which was cool. Funniest moment was Boston Scott in practice asking if Wentz would like to donate some height to his foundation. Nice to see Baby Yoda can make fun of his own size like that with the others. 

Nigel Bradham reportedly has been cut.  Via Shefty.  Saves $4.5 mill of cap space

So a lot more Nate Gerry this year...

No chance we draft a LB high (nor should we).  But we're looking pretty sparse.

Users who are viewing this thread