What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (1 Viewer)

I laid the -115 on Brooks for a bit. Tough to see him coming back to the field at this point. :shrug:
30-odd holes to play on Sunday?
25 mph+ gusts in the afternoon?

give me Rahm at +125 for the W, and Morikawa at +165 for a Top 5

I'm sure why they didn't show it on the broadcast, but Rahm has a 9ft birdie putt remaining at #7 (while Koepka has an 11ft par putt). So, while not guaranteed, odds are Rahm picks up at least one stroke on Koepka at #7.

Good point on line moves…but I also think it’s just as likely people are betting on PGA players over LIV for the reason I am…being competitively ready vs not.

I can acknowledge your points on dealing with the PGA pressure weekly vs the current climate in LIV, however I'm not sold. For one, this is unprecedented, so I'm not ready to buy into the whole different level of pressure thing. But we will find out eventually.

And I'm especially not deterred by that angle with guys that have not only handled, but thrived, under the microscope and pressure already. For instance, I don't think it affects someone like Koepka one bit, the fact he won on a muni course with ACDC playing on the driving range (funny stuff, though) last week. In fact, I think if anything, a guy like that may very well thrive under this new scrutiny or whatever. Dude loves a chip on his shoulder, like Reed (60-1), for example, as WDIK2 brought up. Or DJ. And those names are at much higher prices than they probably should be, or certainly have been in the past.

Now for those that have never won some really big ones, I could buy into that theory more. But until that angle comes to fruition, and with the big names, I'll pass on factoring it in.

It's over. Koepka. And a guy like that was there for the taking at a preposterous 40-1.

Buddy, you cracked up at that post from last night. How about now? :wink:
Update?

Good point on line moves…but I also think it’s just as likely people are betting on PGA players over LIV for the reason I am…being competitively ready vs not.

I can acknowledge your points on dealing with the PGA pressure weekly vs the current climate in LIV, however I'm not sold. For one, this is unprecedented, so I'm not ready to buy into the whole different level of pressure thing. But we will find out eventually.

And I'm especially not deterred by that angle with guys that have not only handled, but thrived, under the microscope and pressure already. For instance, I don't think it affects someone like Koepka one bit, the fact he won on a muni course with ACDC playing on the driving range (funny stuff, though) last week. In fact, I think if anything, a guy like that may very well thrive under this new scrutiny or whatever. Dude loves a chip on his shoulder, like Reed (60-1), for example, as WDIK2 brought up. Or DJ. And those names are at much higher prices than they probably should be, or certainly have been in the past.

Now for those that have never won some really big ones, I could buy into that theory more. But until that angle comes to fruition, and with the big names, I'll pass on factoring it in.

It's over. Koepka. And a guy like that was there for the taking at a preposterous 40-1.

Buddy, you cracked up at that post from last night. How about now? :wink:
Update?
Best thing that ever happened to me (more or less, lol). I was a nervous wreck the last two days. Here's why:

I had a free promo bet for signing up with MGM (in AZ, while visiting). So my buddy, who lives there, had to put in the bet. I wanted Koepka, at a whopping 40-1. As you can see, my intent was to find a Liv golfer with big odds/value. Why go with an over-priced favorite, especially in golf, when you can really roll the dice?

So literally, while on the phone with my friend, I changed my mind last second, and bet with my heart instead (took Rory). I got concerned about getting red-flagged, if I did hit for 40K, and not showing proof of residence and stuff. So yeah, the ONE thing I did not want to happen, was Brooks winning it.

As any degenerate gambler knows full well, the reverse-jinx is real. And it came through again. My heart goes out to Juan Rahm, btw.

Also, lost my *** in that golf pool auction thing that was posted in here. Me and some buddies went in with a decent amount. Got our butt kicked (whiffed with Hovland). I can take that beating way more than the last-second decision of ditching Koepka, which I never would've lived down.

So, although pretty costly, I feel like I won in a way, as idiotic as that may be (is). :lmao:

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m never going to be good at this game.

Jesus Phil…..the guy IS a computer…
He covers a LOT, but I think many semi-serious country club golfers consider many of these daily impacts on distance. Temp, grain, grass, moisture, etc. The more you play, the more comfortable you get with your swing and consistent you get with your distance, the more bandwidth you have for those thoughts.

Last edited:
I think Spieth has to feel pretty good these days, despite the water ball late in Tampa and the playoff loss yesterday. He doesn’t seem to be missing short putts under pressure, which will raise his floor in pressure play.

Let's crank up the PGA Championship! Some general thoughts I have to guide my picks:

- Fading LIV guys
- Targeting long hitters
- Avoiding right-to-left reliant players

Other than the Big 2...I initially like Young, Woodland, Connors, Mitchell...
Avoiding Morikawa, Spieth, Fowler...
In a Tiered Pool, it's really hard not to take Rahm or Scottie 1st...you can end up with a huge disadvantage if one of them rolls.

Let's crank up the PGA Championship! Some general thoughts I have to guide my picks:

- Fading LIV guys
- Targeting long hitters

In a Tiered Pool, it's really hard not to take Rahm or Scottie 1st...you can end up with a huge disadvantage if one of them rolls.
Tee times out...talking heads believe the Late/Early groups have an advantage with rough weather on Thurs morning.
My home course Pro goes out at 1:14 with Bezuidenhout!

- Fading LIV guys
- Targeting long hitters

Tee times out...talking heads believe the Late/Early groups have an advantage with rough weather on Thurs morning.

I liked Cam Young quite a bit, but he shaved his beard so.... Finau also fits the late/early split.

Also like Rory with the "playing in his wife's hometown" angle, but he's early/late split.

Is Homa ready to threaten at a Major? His game is major-ready, but not sure about this course.
Hideki seems like a good fit from those highly ranked but not mentioned much.
Clark shot up in the odds over the last 2 days.

The architecture of Oak Hill East

Pretty good low key summary of the history, historic restoration and the two new holes. Always love seeing the mature old courses getting the green contours and bunkers back to their original shapes and sizes (sand from bunkers and other factors cause greens to increase in size and lose their definition in both contouring and shape.) They also made some good choices on thinning out the trees to clean up site lines.

Glad to see majors still turning up at Donald Ross designs, one of the favorites from the golden age of golf architecture.

- Fading LIV guys
- Targeting long hitters

I liked Cam Young quite a bit, but he shaved his beard so.... Finau also fits the late/early split.

Also like Rory with the "playing in his wife's hometown" angle, but he's early/late split.
i’m starting to think the late/early won’t be much of a factor when looking at the wind. the biggest names go off at about 8 am out there and it’ll be a tad over 40 so it’ll play pretty close to practice round conditions. I’m really thinking about betting morikawa to miss the cut at +275. His putting has been god awful as of late and short game is going to be at a premium if he misses the fairway and has to get up and down a lot.

Insight from our Club Pro playing in this...he's very long even vs PGA Standards...he says long drivers have a big advantage, even outside the fairway. The rough apparently gets shorter as you get beyond the typical landing areas, so he's focused on bombing vs hitting fairways.

I don't think he's played any events but Adam Scott became eligible for the Champions Tour last month.
I don't think he's played any events but Adam Scott became eligible for the Champions Tour last month.
I feel like this is a purposeful joke but idk :oldunsure: nicely done.....since Scott did turn 50

Adam Scott is 42 years old. 8 years away from being able to play on the Champions Tour

Either I was having a stroke when I made that post, or it's early onset of Alzheimer's?

I was looking at the leaderboard and thought I clicked on Adams bio, saw April 1973 dob. Holy cow that made me feel old lol.

Now my own confusion has me truly feeling old, can't imagine what I clicked on bc no one near him on the leaderboard is a quinquagenarian.

I feel like this is a purposeful joke but idk :oldunsure: nicely done.....since Scott did turn 50

Adam Scott is 42 years old. 8 years away from being able to play on the Champions Tour

Either I was having a stroke when I made that post, or it's early onset of Alzheimer's?

I was looking at the leaderboard and thought I clicked on Adams bio, saw April 1973 dob. Holy cow that made me feel old lol.

Now my own confusion has me truly feeling old, can't imagine what I clicked on bc no one near him on the leaderboard is a quinquagenarian.
:lmao: I'll help you out

:lmao: I even tried to play along on your "joke"

:lmao: I'll help you out

:lmao: I even tried to play along on your "joke"

A handshake is available upon request.

Nice to see Rochester get its moment in the sun, but not when the sun is needed to melt frost. Damn it was cool this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread