What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (2 Viewers)

I'm scratching Rory off my list of players to bet on, he filed for divorce yesterday and that I think that will be a tough distraction to overcome.

Random stat of the day...Strokes Gained: Total on Zoysia Fairways over past 36 rounds:

Justin Thomas (+1.53)
Will Zalatoris (+1.47)
Xander Schauffele (+1.40)
Brooks Koepka (+1.35)
Rory McIlroy (+1.23)

I'm torn on the Rory divorce news, but I'm keeping him in one of my pool entries. $50,000 Salary cap.

Entry 1
McIlroy - $10,500
Koepka - $9,500
Homa - $8,100
Clark - $7,900
Ben An - $7,300
McCarthy - $6,700

Entry 2
Scheffler - $11,900
Schauffele - $9,100
Fleetwood - $7,800
Im - $7,400
Straka - $7,000
Hojgaard - $6,700

Fowler with what we call in our group "nice drive"..... basically when someone is dead middle of fairway with a short iron in and makes bogey or worse we just walk off the green and go ...hey Rick nice drive...

Scottie starts with eagle lol

Last edited:
Fowler with what we call in our group "nice drive"..... basically when someone is dead middle of fairway with a short iron in and makes bogey or worse we just walk off the green and go ...hey Rick nice drive...

Scottie starts with eagle lol
:finger:

only cause I did that three times yesterday evening :bag: kiss of death with the first one was saying "this is the best drive I've ever had on this hole, I'm at the perfect yardage"

Rahm thought he would be the catalyst that brought the PGA and LIV tours together. Amazing the ego some of these guys have. It's what makes them great on the course. And often not so great off it.

Rahm thought he would be the catalyst that brought the PGA and LIV tours together. Amazing the ego some of these guys have. It's what makes them great on the course. And often not so great off it.
He’s now done more harm to the cause than good with the ‘I’m still a member of the Tour’ stance. Smart guy but he’s a wannabe Rory.

He’s now done more harm to the cause than good with the ‘I’m still a member of the Tour’ stance. Smart guy but he’s a wannabe Rory.
:lmao: a wannabe rory? no, the dude wants to be Seve. Rory has finally maybe grown up this year, his whole career he’s put his foot in his mouth

:lmao: a wannabe rory? no, the dude wants to be Seve. Rory has finally maybe grown up this year, his whole career he’s put his foot in his mouth
Rahm can be Seve but we’re saying he wants to lead players…but he’s showing he's not that guy. He’s now dividing players who may have been behind him. Rory is the clear player leader. That’s all I’m saying.

Breaking News: World No. 1 golfer Scottie Scheffler has been detained by police in handcuffs after a misunderstanding with traffic flow led to his attempt to drive past a police officer into Valhalla Golf Club," Darlington wrote on X. "The police officer attempted to attach himself to Scheffler’s car, and Scheffler then stopped his vehicle at the entrance to Valhalla. The police officer then began to scream at Scheffler to get out of the car. When Scheffler exited the vehicle, the officer shoved Scheffler against the car and immediately placed him in handcuffs. He is now being detained in the back of a police car."

So these players driving in there don't have some kind of tag letting everyone know they are playing & should be let through?? Sounds like piss poor organization, not to mention cop trying to be Mr tough guy. I'll usually side with cops in most instances, but this sounds ridiculous from info I've heard.

So these players driving in there don't have some kind of tag letting everyone know they are playing & should be let through?? Sounds like piss poor organization, not to mention cop trying to be Mr tough guy. I'll usually side with cops in most instances, but this sounds ridiculous from info I've heard.
All player cars do have markings. This is insanely wild.

All player cars do have markings. This is insanely wild.
I was just listening to SportsCenter and they said other players were all confused by situation, as had no problem getting in because of their markings.

I wonder who the cop had in his parley.

Ultimately - I think this was an overzealous police officer, but also Scheffler not following a police officer's instructions will always end poorly.

Court records show that he was booked on charges of second-degree assault of a police officer, third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving, and disregarding signals from officers directing traffic.
Yep, that sounds like Scheffler all right. :rolleyes:

In this case - I think it was a combination of an over-zealous police officer - and an over-zealous Scheffler.

Scheffler might not have been aware of the pedestrian death that was causing the delays - but he still has to follow the directions of the police officers directing traffic. A little patience, and he could have avoided the whole thing.

Randomly funny to me that the reporting of how far he drove with the cop was measured in yards.

Note: no, I don’t condone Scheffler’s actions or making light of the rest of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread