What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (1 Viewer)

Are any of you golf viewers following and watching any of the YouTube golfers? I watch several pretty regularly. I’ll list them in the order of the ones I like best to least:

1. Bryan Brothers
2. Grant Horvat
3. GoodGood
4. BustaJack (rarely)
5. Micah Morris (hardly ever unless he’s got a good guest)

Most of these guys are good but not pro level good (accept for the Bryan Brothers) but I find it very enjoyable.

Anyone else?
I don't watch a lot of Good Good or Micah Morris, but watch the others plus Rick Shield, Bob Does Sports, Luke Kwon Golf, and Taco Golf. I have a lot of time to myself and it's Winter. :bag:

Luke Kwon and Taco are great. They play some beautiful courses.

I'm all for a good time, but when the story about a tournament is about anything other than the golf itself, it's a distraction. A needless one. Golf fans have known for years that this event was different, unique and not your stodgy old event laden with etiquette and unwritten rules of behavior. It was fun watching the cans rain down on 16, but my god, this has turned into a gong-show. It reminded me of the Preakness Stakes where guys were running on top of porta-potties with full beer cans being launched at them. Thanks to that, you can't bring beer into the Preakness anymore and I'm guessing changes are coming to this event as well.

We just can't have nice things. It's okay to have a good time. Just.....be a grown-up.

Signed,

Guy who passed out on a tee-box at Mellyhole III
I nearly yearly attended the WM between 2012 and Covid and, thanks to either some family connections (my brother-in-law would get corporate tickets through his business) or clients/colleagues offering tickets for networking purposes, did so with the benefit of Greenskeeper passes or similar "all inclusive" areas. While, especially in the all inclusive areas (I primarily spent my time in the one off to the left of 18 fairway) it definitely was a party atmosphere where golf happened to be played in the background and over-consumption was certainly prevalent, I never saw anything terribly egregious but for maybe some EMTs coming to get somebody passed out due to alcohol and heat exhaustion. I gave the tournament credit for doing what I thought was a pretty good job of keeping this sort of stuff away from play but for the stands on 16 and 17. I even spent a few stints on the infamous 16 stands general admission area and while that was definitely rowdy, again, I never saw anything terribly egregious and the players genuinely seemed to enjoy it. In short, while it was definitely loud on some holes (but more so like a white noise loud), as a golfer myself it did seem still possible for a player to focus and I never saw or heard viewers screaming inappropriately in backswings. Oddly, I think my only memory of anything close was Justin Thomas telling an elderly sober woman to stop talking on three box while another player was teeing off.

What I also really liked about the tournament was that it was possible, should a patron simply want to watch golf, to head out to some of the other holes where a much more tempered crowd offered the traditional viewing experience. Since I actually like the golf itself, I would uber or taxi there early by myself or with like one or two other guys equally interested and post up on three box, ten fairway, or twelve green and had some great experiences actually watching golf. The rowdiness, especially on Thursday and Friday, really wouldn't come until the afternoon rounds and when my friends/family got there later in the day I would head over and meet them for the party part of it. I even spent some of the "party time" portion in the GA areas when some of my friends who just had GA tickets would attend and, again, didn't see anything egregious.

I haven't attended since Covid and the videos posted from this year definitely don't match my experience. Frankly, I don't know what has changed because the ticket prices only seem to soar every year (which is a large factor as to why I haven't gone because for the cost of corporate passes one could spend a weekend playing Bandon Dunes or something) and I cant imagine Covid just caused us to collectively forget how to act somewhat civilized. Nonetheless, it's a shame because this was once a fun event but I agree with you that we just can't have nice things and changes are needed or the players probably won't want to come again.

Are any of you golf viewers following and watching any of the YouTube golfers? I watch several pretty regularly. I’ll list them in the order of the ones I like best to least:

1. Bryan Brothers
2. Grant Horvat
3. GoodGood
4. BustaJack (rarely)
5. Micah Morris (hardly ever unless he’s got a good guest)

Most of these guys are good but not pro level good (accept for the Bryan Brothers) but I find it very enjoyable.

Anyone else?
I don't watch a lot of Good Good or Micah Morris, but watch the others plus Rick Shield, Bob Does Sports, Luke Kwon Golf, and Taco Golf. I have a lot of time to myself and it's Winter. :bag:

Luke Kwon and Taco are great. They play some beautiful courses.
I do watch Kwon’s channel quite a bit as well. I haven’t seen Taco Golf but will give it a go as well.

Schefller was 150th in putting last year..... could you imagine if he was top 10 putting. Hed be unstoppable

Surprised there wasn't a bump today. Lots of drama coming down the stretch. Clark with a nasty lip out that would have forced a playoff. Sheffler come from behind win with a 64.

I'm just glad the Human Waggle didn't win. Unwatchable.
screw that, Harman is one of us:

“When I first got on Tour, I was one of the fastest guys on Tour. You can ask anybody, junior golf, amateur golf, college golf, I was just go,go,go,go,go. I just found myself kind of twiddling my thumbs all day. Lucas Glover is one of my really good friends and he’s a fast player. So I asked him, I can’t do this, I can’t sit around all day. He’s like ‘man, if I could go back and do it all again, I’d slow it down’. So, I made a conscious effort to slow down, and I didn’t understand that when I slowed down it opened up this, not OCD, but I don’t want to go until I’m ready. I just got slower and slower, I’ve sped it up a little but I’m working on it”.

Painful to watch live but I love how relatable that a PGA tour player struggles mentally with this game just like me.

Okay, I no longer feel bad for Joel Dahmen. He has career winnings of $12m+. Then there's the endorsements. So boo effin hoo.
That man lost a testicle!@#!@

But Joel says

I'm sorry about the nut but the angsty "I need to provide for my family" just isn't as genuine when you've already, at age 36, made quadruple the earnings the average worker makes in a lifetime. :shrug:

I know Copperhead pretty well...played it 40-ish times. JT is putting on a Copperhead clinic today. Miss in the right spot off the tee...great irons, approach shots and putts.

Pretty cool that Bhatia can become the 1st participant from the Drive-Chip-Putt championship...hosted by Augusta National...to also make the Masters.

Users who are viewing this thread