What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (1 Viewer)

Fowler misses his put drops down to E and is T12.....

Me wow tough course.....

Me: oh crap there are only 20 guys :lol:

Rahm has moved over to LIV for $300 million, the league is here to stay and the quality of players can't be laughed at anymore.

Hard to blame anyone for leaving at this point. The PGA tour preached loyalty for a year and then agreed to merge with LIV without consulting the players. They deserve what they get now.

I still have zero desire or motivation to watch the OMG CRUSHERS!! play against the LOLZ 4 ACES and I dont see that changing regardless of who moves over. Despite being a very active golfer, its rare that I sit down and really watch any tournament other than the Majors, the Ryder/Presidents cup, the Players or the tour championship.

Even the more high profile minor events like the Waste Management, the Memorial.....dont move the needle for me. If its nice out on that Saturday/Sunday, I'm PLAYING golf, not watching it.

Sad day..... Just as sad as all the college football divisions folding and realigning.....

I'm old I like tradition

There’s a chance this is just a money grab before a merge…there is a Dec 31 deadline to make something happen with that merger I believe.

Sad day..... Just as sad as all the college football divisions folding and realigning.....

I'm old I like tradition

But.....the golf will go on, right? We are still going to see Rahm play golf against other golfers in tournaments. I'm not sure why this is a big deal after the merger was announced months ago.

College football lost a conference. It has happened before. I don't see anybody pining away for the Southwest Conference, which folded decades ago after being a dominant force. Games will still be played.

Life evolves and changes. "The only constant in life is change". Sports evolves and changes. We will still get to watch Rahm golf. We will still get to watch Michigan play Ohio State. Look on the bright side of life, friend!

Pretty cool to read about he amateur winning this past weekend, sucks he doesn't get the 1.5 million dollar's for winning but I can't wait to see if he turns down his pga tour card or leaves College. I'd have to think with the new structure that he leaves college, he'd be in all the no cut events and guaranteed a few million from those events plus a few million from sponsor's. I guess it comes down to if there is a college trophy he wants to chase as him and Tiger are the only two players to ever win both the US Amateur and US Junior Amateur events so I'm not sure if there is one more Tiger type win that he is chasing before turning pro.

Pretty cool to read about he amateur winning this past weekend, sucks he doesn't get the 1.5 million dollar's for winning but I can't wait to see if he turns down his pga tour card or leaves College. I'd have to think with the new structure that he leaves college, he'd be in all the no cut events and guaranteed a few million from those events plus a few million from sponsor's. I guess it comes down to if there is a college trophy he wants to chase as him and Tiger are the only two players to ever win both the US Amateur and US Junior Amateur events so I'm not sure if there is one more Tiger type win that he is chasing before turning pro.

Turn pro yesterday, make every dollar you can, take the Saudi money. College will always be there for this kid. Make money the minute you can make the money. Time don't stand still and life don't go backwards. Get that money, put that money to work. Time is always on the side of the early investor.

Turn pro yesterday, make every dollar you can, take the Saudi money. College will always be there for this kid. Make money the minute you can make the money. Time don't stand still and life don't go backwards. Get that money, put that money to work. Time is always on the side of the early investor.
Great kid…has been an incredibly hard worker since he was young…my uncle knows his him and family..he doesn’t get the FedEx points but sky-rocketed up the OWGR to top 70 and gets that incredible exemption to the signature events. It was a tearful goodbye in Ttown, so not a decision taken lightly. Tweet from Coach.

him and Tiger are the only two players to ever win both the US Amateur and US Junior Amateur events
I'll take this opp again to point out that Tiger won 3 straight of each...and Dunlap is the 2nd to win both once...mind-blowing how dominant an amateur Tiger was.

Great kid…has been an incredibly hard worker since he was young…my uncle knows his him and family..he doesn’t get the FedEx points but sky-rocketed up the OWGR to top 70 and gets that incredible exemption to the signature events. It was a tearful goodbye in Ttown, so not a decision taken lightly. Tweet from Coach.

Good for him. I'll be using him when I can in my fantasy league and other contests. 2024 wasted no time providing great sports' stories.

Sorry but the WM open crowd rowdiness is kinda lame. Just more of nobodies being given a chance to think they're somebody.

I think SOME of it is kinda funny (the costumes...some of the increased noise). But it has basically become an excuse for a bunch of man-boys to get embarrassingly wasted. They're not there for the sport. I mean....you've got dudes just sitting in the hospitality tents hunched over crapping their pants.(I know similar situations happen at NFL games and other events....but come on) At some point, its just too much.

I just like that these golfers have to feel the heat in a way they normally don't. It's something different. Other than the majors, all these tournaments are exactly the same. Except for this one.

Sorry but the WM open crowd rowdiness is kinda lame. Just more of nobodies being given a chance to think they're somebody.

I think SOME of it is kinda funny (the costumes...some of the increased noise). But it has basically become an excuse for a bunch of man-boys to get embarrassingly wasted. They're not there for the sport. I mean....you've got dudes just sitting in the hospitality tents hunched over crapping their pants.(I know similar situations happen at NFL games and other events....but come on) At some point, its just too much.
it looks awful this year, it’s finally become more about the party than the golf which makes this unsustainable. kept to only 16 has allowed this to coexist but now it’s spread to the full course which is lame

I'm all for a good time, but when the story about a tournament is about anything other than the golf itself, it's a distraction. A needless one. Golf fans have known for years that this event was different, unique and not your stodgy old event laden with etiquette and unwritten rules of behavior. It was fun watching the cans rain down on 16, but my god, this has turned into a gong-show. It reminded me of the Preakness Stakes where guys were running on top of porta-potties with full beer cans being launched at them. Thanks to that, you can't bring beer into the Preakness anymore and I'm guessing changes are coming to this event as well.

We just can't have nice things. It's okay to have a good time. Just.....be a grown-up.

Signed,

Guy who passed out on a tee-box at Mellyhole III

I'm all for a good time, but when the story about a tournament is about anything other than the golf itself, it's a distraction. A needless one. Golf fans have known for years that this event was different, unique and not your stodgy old event laden with etiquette and unwritten rules of behavior. It was fun watching the cans rain down on 16, but my god, this has turned into a gong-show. It reminded me of the Preakness Stakes where guys were running on top of porta-potties with full beer cans being launched at them. Thanks to that, you can't bring beer into the Preakness anymore and I'm guessing changes are coming to this event as well.

We just can't have nice things. It's okay to have a good time. Just.....be a grown-up.

Signed,

Yep, I'm a purist and have no problem with the original intent of the 16th hole but it's gotten completely off the mark and over the top that it's not even fun anymore...... I don't want to sound like an old guy yelling at a cloud, but that's just how I feel

Signed,

:lmao:

let's see there was a fight, a woman fell out of the stands on 16, a snow angel in the 16th bunker, jumping in the water at 18, multiple people passed out with one guy pissing himself on a stool, and multiple fans yelling on various holes as players were mid swing. Yeah, it's time to just make it a music festival for the 4 days and have the golf played somewhere else.

Signed,

:lmao:

let's see there was a fight, a woman fell out of the stands on 16, a snow angel in the 16th bunker, jumping in the water at 18, multiple people passed out with one guy pissing himself on a stool, and multiple fans yelling on various holes as players were mid swing. Yeah, it's time to just make it a music festival for the 4 days and have the golf played somewhere else.
Don't forget the guy watersliding down the hills !!!!

Are any of you golf viewers following and watching any of the YouTube golfers? I watch several pretty regularly. I’ll list them in the order of the ones I like best to least:

1. Bryan Brothers
2. Grant Horvat
3. GoodGood
4. BustaJack (rarely)
5. Micah Morris (hardly ever unless he’s got a good guest)

Most of these guys are good but not pro level good (accept for the Bryan Brothers) but I find it very enjoyable.

Anyone else?

Are any of you golf viewers following and watching any of the YouTube golfers? I watch several pretty regularly. I’ll list them in the order of the ones I like best to least:

1. Bryan Brothers
2. Grant Horvat
3. GoodGood
4. BustaJack (rarely)

Most of these guys are good but not pro level good (accept for the Bryan Brothers) but I find it very enjoyable.

Anyone else?

Best golf Content on YouTube is No laying up. Not really a podcast person, but their video series (especially Strapped and Tourist sauce) are awesome.

There's a lot of inside jokes an references to stuff that happened in previous videos that might take some time to "get" but it's just higher quality than what anyone else is doing.

1. Bryan Brothers
2. Grant Horvat
3. GoodGood
4. BustaJack (rarely)

Anyone else?

Best golf Content on YouTube is No laying up. Not really a podcast person, but their video series (especially Strapped and Tourist sauce) are awesome.

There's a lot of inside jokes an references to stuff that happened in previous videos that might take some time to "get" but it's just higher quality than what anyone else is doing.
I’ll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread