What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2023 Pro Cycling Thread*** - The Vuelta will be a Primoz, Vigo, G, Remco mosh pit (2 Viewers)

Have we ever had double digit fantasy teams for cycling?

well just missed (race starts 7:50 EDT so maybe we'll get one more)

9 is still pretty good, should be fun

seems like 1 of 2 semi-obvious strategies is the way to go in building a team
I'm unsure of exactly how, however, I'm fairly certain there is a way for us to use this league for all three grand tours.

@-jb-
@AAABatteries
@culdeus
@Dinsy Ejotuz
@El Floppo

@grateful zed
@NewlyRetired
@Sammy3469
@Steve Tasker

@tri-man 47

Missed this till now. Snuck up on me. Is this usually this early?
Just the last 100 years or so.

In 1940 they started May 17. Which I'm not bringing up to be argumentative, but it's kind of crazy that Germany had just conquered Norway and Denmark, and were a week into the Invasion of France. They had rolled over most of Belgium and the Netherlands, were halfway to Paris - and the Italians were like hey not my problemo.

Overall Rank: 1478 of 19349

Swapped out my two climbers with 20 minutes to go. No effect since all 4 finished outside the Top 20, and TT isn’t much to gauge future stages upon. Still, the two drops finished 22nd and 39th, while the two adds were 65th and 68th.

I make the last minute lineup change mistake (at least) annually in FF so that tracks.

Overall Rank: 1478 of 19349

Swapped out my two climbers with 20 minutes to go. No effect since all 4 finished outside the Top 20, and TT isn’t much to gauge future stages upon. Still, the two drops finished 22nd and 39th, while the two adds were 65th and 68th.

I make the last minute lineup change mistake (at least) annually in FF so that tracks.
Nice job. Looks like my team really sucks.

Odds he keeps the lead wire to wire? Damn.

Had 4 guys in the top 10 of the ITT. McNulty and Vine looking like good picks.

Odds he keeps the lead wire to wire? Damn.

Had 4 guys in the top 10 of the ITT. McNulty and Vine looking like good picks.

QS will have a couple easy days then probably give it up on Stage 4

UAE looking strong

INEOS too except Thomas really struggled on the last 2km

Roglič has his work cut out for him - JV is gonna struggle with half the team coming in at the last minute

Switched my climbers bc Kuss is my fav lieutenant; already doubting that lol

Stage 2 chaos. Cav and Mads taken out, reportedly by Groves. We'll see if there is any disciplinary action. The winner wasn't someone I have seen previously but he won clear by 2 lengths, which is impressive in any field like this.

Stage 2 chaos. Cav and Mads taken out, reportedly by Groves. We'll see if there is any disciplinary action. The winner wasn't someone I have seen previously but he won clear by 2 lengths, which is impressive in any field like this.

Milan is a big raw powerhouse - he looks like he's in a fight with his bike when sprinting lol - and his contract is up at YE. Supposedly Trek has already signed him.

Disappointing day due to the crash but long stage for the sprinters tomorrow.

Milan is a big raw powerhouse - he looks like he's in a fight with his bike when sprinting lol - and his contract is up at YE. Supposedly Trek has already signed him.

Disappointing day due to the crash but long stage for the sprinters tomorrow.
Truth.

They named names after the stage was over - Groves was not one of them. Mads stayed on his bike, and Cav only went down after he stopped.

They named names after the stage was over - Groves was not one of them. Mads stayed on his bike, and Cav only went down after he stopped.
Interesting. Remco was the one who called out Groves.

That’ll shake things up

1 407 Sand`s Saddle Sores (BassNBrew)

2 381 Boerum Hill Big Ringing (BobbyLayne)

3 183 Monte crappe (sammy3469)

1 1594 Boerum Hill Big Ringing (BobbyLayne)

2 1547 RB Brownwings United UAFC (Jaysus)

3 1401 Squeaky Wheels (cheeseypoof)

Just a tip when searching for highlights. Type giro stage X extended highlights bein or giro stage 4 extended highlights gcn.

This will help keep the stupid Eurosport video from appearing at the top with the daily winner in the title and his picture in the video still.

Just a tip when searching for highlights. Type giro stage X extended highlights bein or giro stage 4 extended highlights gcn.

This will help keep the stupid Eurosport video from appearing at the top with the daily winner in the title and his picture in the video still.
i just search gcn giro highlights

3 DNS for Stage 5:

Valerio Conti (Corratec - Selle Italia)
Rémy Rochas (Cofidis)
Ramon Sinkeldam (Alpecin Deceuninck) - lead out man for Kaden Groves

Paul Lapeira (AG2R Citroën) was the first DNF yesterday.

Pink jersey unlikely to change again until Stage 7, the next serious climbing day.

Four in the break early, raining hard, 2 of the 4 wiped out on a gentle flat turn, Thibaut Pinot (looking for cheap KOM points) somehow avoided both of them.

unbelievable

small dog runs into the middle of the peleton

takes out a rider

Remco Evenepoel hits him and goes down hard

took a few minutes but he gingerly restarted

has teammates with him making his way back to the peloton now

unbelievable

small dog runs into the middle of the peleton

takes out a rider

Remco Evenepoel hits him and goes down hard

took a few minutes but he gingerly restarted

has teammates with him making his way back to the peloton now
Relevant

might want to pour yourself one before you watch the highlights tonight

C A R N A G E

cluster**** finish but that'll happen in the rain

didn't see any stretchers so could have been worse

hard thing to judge is how crashes affect recovery - you can power through pain but later it affects your ability to get sound rest

might want to pour yourself one before you watch the highlights tonight

C A R N A G E

cluster**** finish but that'll happen in the rain

didn't see any stretchers so could have been worse

hard thing to judge is how crashes affect recovery - you can power through pain but later it affects your ability to get sound rest
there was one at the finish line for the Ag2R rider who finished in the top-10 and hit the dude who finished 5th.

Jaysus is about to start lapping people on Velogames.

Probably. Groves & Pederson will still be racking up points in Stage 6.

So far the biggest climb has been 6.2. We still have big mountain stages with four steep grade finishes. When they’re doing 9, 10 and even 12 for long stretches we’ll see a little more separation, and the helpers/climbers + GC guys will have a bigger impact than they have so far.

Overall there are 7 sprint stages, 8 mountain, 3 TT. Should be highly entertaining regardless of the Velogames outcome. Love that we have so many participants for this one.

Napoli + circling Vesuviuo volcano tomorrow - will be one of the most picturesque stages. Rain early but should he clear 2pm onward.

edit - s/b clear after 8am EDT

Napoli + circling Vesuviuo volcano tomorrow - will be one of the most picturesque stages. Rain early but should he clear 2pm onward.

edit - s/b clear after 8am EDT
Naples is a pit - like riding through the south side of Chicago. Just keep going - fast! Circling Vesuvius should be pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread