What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2023 Pro Cycling Thread*** - The Vuelta will be a Primoz, Vigo, G, Remco mosh pit (3 Viewers)

Napoli + circling Vesuviuo volcano tomorrow - will be one of the most picturesque stages. Rain early but should he clear 2pm onward.

edit - s/b clear after 8am EDT
Naples is a pit - like riding through the south side of Chicago. Just keep going - fast! Circling Vesuvius should be pretty awesome.

trust me I know - 45 minutes south of there (Sorrento) is nice though

Napoli from a distance will seem good though

played golf in the crater of another volcano nearby (9 hole course)

Mount Vesuvius seemed less green from my recollection but it's been 35+ years

might want to pour yourself one before you watch the highlights tonight

C A R N A G E

cluster**** finish but that'll happen in the rain

didn't see any stretchers so could have been worse

hard thing to judge is how crashes affect recovery - you can power through pain but later it affects your ability to get sound rest
there was one at the finish line for the Ag2R rider who finished in the top-10 and hit the dude who finished 5th.
Vendrame is starting today after being taken away in an ambulance after crashing into Cav yesterday.

Coverage is terrible
best stage yet! what a finish.
So disappointed for Clarke. But, at the least, got to see his finish in the cobble stage in the TdF he won. Easily one of the best performances ever on a bike.
It's there own fault for sitting up and playing games. One of those two should have won easily.

yeah they were spent - kind of sucked but after 155km of leading they had nothing left

the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak

If you were wondering (like me) how the coverage missed a Primož Roglič crash yesterday - he finished with an exposed *** cheek - turns out he attempted a Kuss and tried a high speed SRAM battery swap. Unfortunately when he slid off the back of his seat and reached down he slipped and made contact with the rear tire lol.

If you were wondering (like me) how the coverage missed a Primož Roglič crash yesterday - he finished with an exposed *** cheek - turns out he attempted a Kuss and tried a high speed SRAM battery swap. Unfortunately when he slid off the back of his seat and reached down he slipped and made contact with the rear tire lol.
bein highlights suck. Much prefer the folks who do the Extended highlights for the other races.

I scheduled my meetings for the week to clear out this morning so I could watch this mountain stage with a summit finish :fart noise emoji:

I scheduled my meetings for the week to clear out this morning so I could watch this mountain stage with a summit finish :fart noise emoji:

That was probably the worst mountain stage I’ve ever seen on a grand tour.

Doesn’t make sense. If you’re a GC contender you’re losing 30-90 seconds to Remco on Sunday. Cool, cool, let’s soft peddle.

Maybe tomorrow will see a little more aggression.

Last edited:

Doesn’t make sense. If you’re a GC contender you’re losing 30-90 seconds to Remco on Sunday. Cool, cool, let’s soft peddle.

I am sure it will be... because I will be coaching youth lacrosse all morning ;)

Never thought I’d see the day in cycling where I look forward to flat stages more than mountain stage. First year I’ve followed the Giro. Can’t wait for this crap to have some fl dolphin, and sassy competition. And yes, I’m driving.

The whole helicopter thing is farcical. RCS offered it to everyone. Much bigger issue is they didn’t take control of the gondolas. How does it not occur to anyone to get the riders off the mountain before the general public? Gondola + bus took two hours longer than the couple of teams that took the helicopter (capacity limit 5 riders.)

Anyway great ride by the stage winner today, very impressive.

I am sure it will be... because I will be coaching youth lacrosse all morning ;)
:hot:

How impressive - in the break from the start and just crushed on the way to the stage win.

The experts told him Remco would gain 60-90 seconds over everyone in the TT.

He believed them. They lied.

Well we got ourselves a Giro now.

Ineos has been driving the Peloton almost every stage. They’re going to hammer Primož after the rest day.

Geraint has been impressive but just don’t know if he’s got it in him.

I like Almeida to move up from 4th. Has solid support.

My chances at Velogames are DIW but should be an interesting race. Only one super hard climb this week. Remaining TT is not flat so no clear advantage there. Feels kind of wide open.

Logically Roglič but JV is not a strong team rn. Guess I’m rooting for João.

Mostly rooting for interesting stages.

cya guys in France
That be true. So Tadej, Jonas, and Remco?

:drive:

I will be out the first week. May have to take off the 10th just to catch up.
Guess Remco's skid mark was ****ting the bed in this tour.

TdF will be amazing with these 3 battling. Any guess on who the favorite will be?
Tadej is going to wipe the floor with 'em.

Yeah it’s not really a discussion, Pogačar is a once every couple decades kind of talent.

The question is how will an injury / surgery described as complicated affect his high altitude training schedule?

Now things get tremendously interesting. I'd like to say that Primoz is the favorite now, but with the two Ineos goons hitting him from both sides I don't think he lasts. I'll be cheering for him, but IMO Geraint is likely the slim favorite at the moment.

cya guys in France

TdF will be amazing with these 3 battling. Any guess on who the favorite will be?

Yeah it’s not really a discussion, Pogačar is a once every couple decades kind of talent.

The question is how will an injury / surgery described as complicated affect his high altitude training schedule?
So last year he was sandbagging to create a rivalry?

cya guys in France

So last year he was sandbagging to create a rivalry?
I think his form was off last year. Losing pissed him off and it really shows this year. He's been epic this year.

He's the biggest generational talent since Lance.

Hey man I was huge fan of what JV & Vingegaard accomplished last year. That team was amazing. We all enjoyed it, right?

Tadej and Jonas have both been riding at the pro level 5 + years, Pogačar is two years younger. He's such a great cyclist outside of the grand tours, and he's always going to be the man to beat if he's healthy.

Pogačar v Vingegaard - pro cycling stats

It's not particularly close, Tadej has been #1 a record 85 consecutive weeks, he's being compared to Merckx. Still, it's not binary. I love rooting for Jonas as well, he's such a good dude and his story is amazing.

I remain unconvinced that Pogacar will be close to 100% in time for the Le Tour.... I am not sure that I can discount him winning at less than 100%, but I think it may not be as easy as many expect.

Users who are viewing this thread