What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2023 Pro Cycling Thread*** - The Vuelta will be a Primoz, Vigo, G, Remco mosh pit (1 Viewer)

Anybody interested in doing a Velogames Tour de Pologne?

Ineos is sending a strong team to this one...

wonder how many of those riders will join Geraint and Filippo Ganna at the Vuleta

wish I could watch the Donostia San Sebastian Klasikoa tomorrow - best summer classic and better overall startlist
My guess is all of them save for Kwiato;)

I've been catching up with the Tour de France Femmes - super good race. The break hung on to win in a fantastic finish today.

Stage 6 winner 🇩🇰 Emma Norsgaard (Movistar), is a 5x National Champ (2 Road Race, 3 ITT.)
  • She is the younger sister of 🇩🇰 Mathias Norsgaard (also Movistar), last year's Danish ITT National Champ, and
  • she is married to 🇩🇰 Mikkel Bjerg (UAE), who is a 2x National Champ.

I've been catching up with the Tour de France Femmes - super good race. The break hung on to win in a fantastic finish today.

Stage 6 winner 🇩🇰 Emma Norsgaard (Movistar), is a 5x National Champ (2 Road Race, 3 ITT.)
  • She is the younger sister of 🇩🇰 Mathias Norsgaard (also Movistar), last year's Danish ITT National Champ, and
The force runs strong in that family!!

Been watching this and have been enjoying it.

Been watching this and have been enjoying it.

can’t wait to see the women on Col du Tourmalet tomorrow - although I’ll probably be bouncing between TdFF and the Evian Championship

There's about 30 km to go in stage 1 in Poland. It's a Sprint stage and it's a complete downpour at the moment. This is going to be ugly.

Great day of racing; back to the Basque Country for 7 categorized climbs while the women were on Tourmalet.

Intense racing in the hills of Basque Country | Clássica San Sebastian

Epic racing up the Col du Tourmalet | Tour de France Femmes Avec Zwift

Stage 1 finish Tour de Pologne

1st & 4th + 28 Assist Points for BHBR
Sand - 1st place rider
Jaysus - 4th place rider + 14 Assist
Cheeseyproof - picked a team

GBFBG STAGE 1 TOUR DE POLOGNE​

@Sand is the man!

STAGE WINS
  1. BobbyLayne
  2. Cheeseyproof
  3. Sand

TEAM ROSTER
IGD.png
Thomas
2 pts
IGD.png
Kwiatkowski
124 pts
SOQ.png
Merlier
4 pts
UAD.png
McNulty
45 pts
LTD.png
De Gendt
0 pts
ICW.png
De Pooter
0 pts
TBV.png
Mohorič
155 pts
TBV.png
Caruso
22 pts
JAY.png
Grmay
0 pts

I do not have any fun commentary, but I just want to say that Merlier was the 2nd rider I picked and was in every draft of my team save for the last one when I decided to change him for a 8 point sprinter (Mareczko) who I immediately swapped for another 8 point sprinter (De Kleijn): I make bad choices.

Anyway, here is my Bob Lane inspired update for the day:

Stage 4
1 211 Boerum Hill Big Ringing
2 194 RB Brownwings WGUAFC
3 154 Hey McNulty is in this one!
4 110 Squeaky Wheels

Overall
1 1116 Boerum Hill Big Ringing
2 1069 Hey McNulty is in this one!
3 856 Squeaky Wheels
4 700 RB Brownwings WGUAFC

@cheeseypoof wins again

STAGE WINS
  1. BobbyLayne
  2. Cheeseyproof
  3. Sand
  4. BobbyLayne
  5. Cheeseyproof

TEAM ROSTER​

UAD.png
Almeida
133 pts
BOH.png
Higuita
65 pts
TBV.png
Caruso
10 pts
UAD.png
McNulty
21 pts
TBV.png
Mohorič
155 pts
EFE.png
Bissegger
6 pts
TBV.png
Gradek
10 pts
BOH.png
Archbold
0 pts
BOH.png
Benedetti
0 pts

The 10 riders in peloton who crashed in the final sprint
  • VAN WILDER Ilan (Soudal - Quick Step)
  • DUNBAR Eddie (Team Jayco AlUla)
  • MAJKA Rafał (UAE Team Emirates)
  • MCNULTY Brandon (UAE Team Emirates)
  • THOMAS Geraint (INEOS Grenadiers)
  • VENDRAME Andrea (AG2R Citroën Team)
  • GAROFOLI Gianmarco (Astana Qazaqstan Team)
  • GRADEK Kamil (Bahrain - Victorious)
  • HIRT Jan (Soudal - Quick Step)
  • DONOVAN Mark (Q36.5 Pro Cycling Team)
IDK what happened to Sivakov as he accelerated right before the crash. Guess he went out too early & had nothing left - finished 17th. Disappointing tour for him.

ITT tomorrow.

A creaky Brooklyn to Manhattan NYC bike commute

Popped up in my feed this morning. Not sure anyone else will watch it - or even why I spent 21 minutes doing so)- but this video (shot yesterday) perfectly encapsulates the daily terror I’ve endured for 24 years. Amazing I’ve never been doored. Pinched by a bus or straight truck on the regular, but never once sent over the handlebars.

IDK what happened to Sivakov as he accelerated right before the crash. Guess he went out too early & had nothing left - finished 17th. Disappointing tour for him.
I was watching... there was a lead out sprint train for Kwiato. De Plus was pulling the longest, then G, then Sivakov. All for a 4th place finish.

HFS! Preliminary ITT results have tie for the yellow jersey going into the final stage tomorrow in Poland!

@Jaysus gets off the schneid

STAGE WINS
  1. BobbyLayne
  2. Cheeseyproof
  3. Sand
  4. BobbyLayne
  5. Cheeseyproof
  6. Jaysus

TEAM ROSTER​

UAD.png
Almeida
148 pts
BOH.png
Kämna
0 pts
TBV.png
Caruso
4 pts
JAY.png
Dunbar
14 pts
TUD.png
De Kleijn
0 pts
SOQ.png
Cattaneo
166 pts
LTD.png
De Gendt
4 pts
IGD.png
De Plus
0 pts
BOH.png
Bennett
0 pts

HFS! Preliminary ITT results have tie for the yellow jersey going into the final stage tomorrow in Poland!
It looks like the intermediate sprint with 99km left in today's final stage just determined the yellow jersey winner. The top two riders finished 1-2 in the sprint and with the bonus seconds the leader now has a 1 second lead over second place - it is going to be a bunch sprint finish so it looks like we have a winner!

That was exciting to watch. - try to find a replay if you can.

Congrats @Sand

STAGE WINS
  1. BobbyLayne
  2. Cheeseyproof
  3. Sand
  4. BobbyLayne
  5. Cheeseyproof
  6. Jaysus
  7. Sand

TEAM ROSTER​

IGD.png
Thomas
126 pts
IGD.png
Kwiatkowski
715 pts
SOQ.png
Merlier
475 pts
UAD.png
McNulty
361 pts
LTD.png
De Gendt
84 pts
ICW.png
De Pooter
0 pts
TBV.png
Mohorič
995 pts
TBV.png
Caruso
161 pts
JAY.png
Grmay
5 pts

“Further to Police Scotland’s confirmation of a protest in the Carron Valley area, which has temporarily interrupted the men’s road race, we are working closely with all relevant authorities to minimise disruption to the race and also to ensure the safety of riders as our paramount concern.”

Who is your Top 8 rn? My rankings:
  1. Tadej Pogačar
  2. Jonas Vingegaard
  3. Mathieu Van Der Poel
  4. Wout Van Aert
  5. Remco Evenepoel
  6. Primož Roglič
  7. Mads Pedersen
  8. Jasper Philipsen
Top Ten Cyclists per PCS:

Edit - Sorry 10th is Almeida
(who is now my enemy bc I picked him in the Giro for Velogames)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread