What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (9 Viewers)

Some big numbers yesterday in MLB. A’s scored 20 runs, Rangers 15, Phillies 14, padres 13 and Dodgers 11.

I'm almost scared to use starting pitchers in fantasy right now.
Cole Irvins - who my dumb *** wanted to Orioles to cut a few weeks ago - has like 21 consecutive scoreless innings. Join the Black-&-Orange side, GB.

My fantasy team in Cake is the GM Gunnar Thundersons so you've got me already!

(Although I still retain my fandom to the Rangers though birth rights).

Some big numbers yesterday in MLB. A’s scored 20 runs, Rangers 15, Phillies 14, padres 13 and Dodgers 11.

I'm almost scared to use starting pitchers in fantasy right now.
Cole Irvins - who my dumb *** wanted to Orioles to cut a few weeks ago - has like 21 consecutive scoreless innings. Join the Black-&-Orange side, GB.

My fantasy team in Cake is the GM Gunnar Thundersons so you've got me already!

(Although I still retain my fandom to the Rangers though birth rights).
I don't blame ya and congrats on the trophy last season (while sweeping my squad on the way).

Love the Fantasy team name :lol:

Acuna picked off 3 times in the last 2 games. Dude needs to regain his focus because he’s fallen off a cliff compared to last year (which admittedly was a year for the ages).

Acuna picked off 3 times in the last 2 games. Dude needs to regain his focus because he’s fallen off a cliff compared to last year (which admittedly was a year for the ages).
Way too many strikeouts. He just seems a bit off. Doesn't seem to be driving the ball the other way and is pulling off pitches. Looks like he is guessing too much.

Ya'll should take a peek at what Paul Skenes is doing to the Cubs today. Incredible.
Been watching. Ten K's through five. Was perfect util the walk, which I would have rung him up on the check swing myself. 80ish pitches, I bet he's done.

MLB, STOP BABYING PITCH COUNTS!!!
They still get hurt, and you are actually paying them more to do less.

How about we all pitch in for a go fund me, think "Human Fund." I'll hold the money. The point is we get a bunch of cash, and offer it to a charity of a MLB teams choice, if they have a pitcher hit 150 pitches in a game this year. I think it's an epic idea.

Thoughts?

Ya'll should take a peek at what Paul Skenes is doing to the Cubs today. Incredible.
Been watching. Ten K's through five. Was perfect util the walk, which I would have rung him up on the check swing myself. 80ish pitches, I bet he's done.

Pulled with a no hitter through 6. I really hate baseball now, so pathetic.

i will never understand why 100 pitches means guys will drop dead. i once read an article where someone mentioned how arbitrary the number is and that it is based simply on being 3 digits.

i will never understand why 100 pitches means guys will drop dead. i once read an article where someone mentioned how arbitrary the number is and that it is based simply on being 3 digits.
Idk man pitchers are dropping dead every other day so I think erring on the side of caution is wise. This isn’t 1955 where some big load was just tossing one mediocre fastball after another up there.

It's a combo of things. Typically that number coincides with a 3rd/4th time through the lineup which is a big reason why pitchers are removed.

Additionally pitchers are all about velocity so most go max effort for the 100 pitches trying to maximize velocity. That is also a contributing factor to both injury and not going deep in games.

Add all this together and that is why pitchers are taken out earlier and earlier. It isn't solely for arm protection. I would say the analytics is probably a bigger percentage of the reason. Maybe something like 75-25 analytics to injury prevention.

How about we all pitch in for a go fund me, think "Human Fund." I'll hold the money. The point is we get a bunch of cash, and offer it to a charity of a MLB teams choice, if they have a pitcher hit 150 pitches in a game this year. I think it's an epic idea.

Thoughts?
It's not just a hard pitch count number for the reason of being removed. Analytics about 3rd/4th time through the lineup is a big reason the starters are removed. Typically that coincides with around 100 pitches.

Pulled with a no hitter through 6. I really hate baseball now, so pathetic.
So dumb. Weak

Users who are viewing this thread