What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2024 Pro Cycling Thread*** - The road to the Four Horseman in France begins now (1 Viewer)

I’m able to watch on hbo max. Didn’t pay any extra

I wonder if this free youtube stream will stay around. No commentary and it's a toss up if Bob Roll or the choppers are more annoying. Can't imagine being a pro-cyclist and having to listened to choopers 4-6 hours a day.
As long as you leave Orla :wub: out of this. If you're mean to her we may have to have words.
She’s very attractive for sure. Best part of the pre and post race coverage!

Not in last.
I’m ranked 18157 of 19055. With Pogocar. I thought Velogames was broken. Nope, I just suck that much.
two sprinters and Tadej is the combo that will win this velo game IMO... you just need the right two sprinters.

P.S. I kinda went with no sprinters :bag:
Top 3 teams all have Girmay. I just hope if he does win one they pre-pop the champagne.
and now I am officially down to no sprinters :(

Not in last.
I’m ranked 18157 of 19055. With Pogocar. I thought Velogames was broken. Nope, I just suck that much.
two sprinters and Tadej is the combo that will win this velo game IMO... you just need the right two sprinters.

P.S. I kinda went with no sprinters :bag:
Top 3 teams all have Girmay. I just hope if he does win one they pre-pop the champagne.
and now I am officially down to no sprinters :(
I had him last year in Le Tour and he's the reason why I didn't win. I watched him a lot and he's not a good bike rider. By not good, I mean he's not at the level of the other sprinters who can mix it up in the washing machine and manage to find a clear line when it matters. Wish Velogames had a rule where you could replace anyone who abandons the next day with someone a at the same cost or less and get their points moving forward less any overall points.

Anyone looking for a youtube feed here's the one I found today....

ጽቡቕ ዕድል ቢኒ and ኤማ and ወዲ ሙሌ live stage 4 giro d'italia 2024​

I missed it earlier, but apparently Bardet had a stomach virus during the first few days. So maybe, he gets some points somewhere, but I'm not hopeful.

I had two sprinters in the top 5 but couldn't get the win. Milan was a beast today.

UCI considering disqualifying Pogacar

so dumb. unless you work for the UCI.....
Let's be fair here. FIFA would also be perfectly capable of doing something this moronic.

Last edited:
Milan looks like he's having convulsions when sprinting. The opposite of beauty in sport.

it's my favorite thing about him - it's like he's fighting his bike the entire time

amazing burst despite all the wasted motion

aww, thanks for the live motorcycle update on Fabio Jakobsen - out the back again, but the good news is he'll make the time cut

I had Milan in 3-4 of the 6-7 builds I did (would be in first by a good margin if I had 470 points fm my sprinter instead of 0)

:ptts:

Milan looks like he's having convulsions when sprinting. The opposite of beauty in sport.

it's my favorite thing about him - it's like he's fighting his bike the entire time

amazing burst despite all the wasted motion

aww, thanks for the live motorcycle update on Fabio Jakobsen - out the back again, but the good news is he'll make the time cut

I had Milan in 3-4 of the 6-7 builds I did (would be in first by a good margin if I had 470 points fm my sprinter instead of 0)

:ptts:
once I saw Lund Andresen in the squad, I wanted nothing to do with Jakobsen

It's fun having live coverage on days like this to watch the break try to establish themself.

Great first week. Though it’s less fun for me, guess I was overdue for a Velogames clunker.

Stage 7 - ITT

Climbs

| Climb | Cat | Km | Length|Avg|
  • Perugia| 4 | km 40.6 | 6.5 km | 4.3 %
Weather

Around 20°C, mostly sunny, no rain forecast.

Stage breakdown

Tomorrow the Giro will relocate from Tuscany to neighbouring Umbria for the first ITT of the race. The only region of south-central Italy that does not border the sea, Umbria is a bit overshadowed by its neighbours (Tuscany and Rome), but it’s a gorgeous place with plenty of heritage… and excellent cuisine too. But let’s not get distracted by all this! With more than 40 kms against the clock, this stage is bound to have major GC implications.

The riders will start in Foligno, a small city perhaps best known for the Giostra della Quintana, a folk festival… no relation to Nairo. The vast majority of the course is flat and it takes place on secondary highways. There are some technical spots as the race goes through several towns, but overall it’s a course that should reward big engines first and foremost.

With around 6 kms to go, the riders will reach the small town of Ponte Valleceppi, situated along the Tiber in the outskirts of regional capital Perugia. From there, a challenging climb towards the city centre will begin. The first 1.5 kms and a half are especially difficult, with an average gradient of nearly 12%; the rest of the stage is pretty much uphill, although rather irregular- there are other bits above 11% as well as a brief descent. In the last km the riders will need to stay focused- not easy, as Perugia is such a pretty city- as they will have to tackle some challenging tight bends before the finish line.

Predictions for tomorrow's TT stage:

★★★ Pogačar

★★ G. Thomas, Sheffield

★ Arensman, Bjerg, Foss, Ganna, B. Thomas

Rider discussion

So far, there have been more stages Tadej Pogačar was touted as the top favorite of the day than stages where he was not... and it really never felt like a hot take! Other than a great climber and a gravel master, Pogi is also a great TTer, and the hard finale of tomorrow's stage should suit him perfectly.

Geraint Thomas is also great against the clock, and has looked in fine form so far. Expecting good things from him so far... but looking at INEOS, we're expecting pretty much half of their team to do well! Magnus Sheffield, especially comes to mind; Filippo Ganna should do great in the 1st part but might find the finale a bit too hard for his strengths; Tobias Foss should do well, but he's crashed repeatedly so he's got an asterisk hovering above his name. Last but not least, the stage should suit Thymen Arensman too, but he has not been exactly irresistible in the opening stages so it's again a matter of form.

Pogi's teammate Mikkel Bjerg should also enjoy tomorrow's course... but team orders might force him to save some energies for the following stages. Last but not least, yesterday's stage showed that Benjamin Thomas is in fine form, and he's also a pretty solid rouleur.

Users who are viewing this thread