What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 3rd Pick - REDRAFT*** (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
This is standard, 10-team for me, but use it for whatever you want.

Can I go AB?  Or do I just go the best of top 4 RBs left?  I have some aversion to the fragility of RB, but there also seems like a steep drop after the first 15-20.  I have no problem trying to load up later on a variety of flyers, but am I overthinking it?

I guess among Elliott, Gurley and Bell (and even DJ, though I wonder about that offense), it is pretty hard to pass that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
With it being standard, assuming Gurley is gone, give me Zeke or Bell without hesitation (whichever one didn't get taken at #2). Then I'd hope to snag Adams or Green in Round 2. I'd be happy with either, and you might even get lucky and get a guy like Allen or Thomas to fall to you with it being standard and all.

Pick 3 with whoever is left of Gurley, Le'Veon, or David Johnson is pretty clear cut for me. Pick 4 when deciding between Zeke and Antonio Brown is a bit more of a toss-up. 

With it being standard, assuming Gurley is gone, give me Zeke or Bell without hesitation (whichever one didn't get taken at #2). Then I'd hope to snag Adams or Green in Round 2. I'd be happy with either, and you might even get lucky and get a guy like Allen or Thomas to fall to you with it being standard and all.
Adams, Allen, and Thomas aren't falling that low.  Green is a possibility, but I'd rather take Gronk and the hope to get a Hilton or Tyreke Hill in the 3rd.

In my mocks a solid WR rarely falls to me here other than Evans and I’m sour on him due to last year.

My draft keeps looking something like

Zeke, Jordan Howard, Mixon/Henery 

If Hilton is there is think about it.

if Gronk is there I likely grab him with second pick.

I continue to like my team’s best wen going RB/RB/RB out of this spot. 

But mocks are not real drafts and I haven’t drafted yet so we’ll see what happens.

Standard scoring 12 team

In my mocks a solid WR rarely falls to me here other than Evans and I’m sour on him due to last year.

But mocks are not real drafts and I haven’t drafted yet so we’ll see what happens.

Standard scoring 12 team
Alex Henery?

I agree with being sour on Evans and also on the intrigue of Hilton.  Feels a little risky as WR1, but he definitely has that upside if Luck is healthy and Reich gets the offense back on track.

I know what you're doing by making this thread, but unfortunately it isn't going to help you get out of owning a Cowboy.  Your only hope is that #2 takes him and leaves you Bell.

Alex Henery?

I agree with being sour on Evans and also on the intrigue of Hilton.  Feels a little risky as WR1, but he definitely has that upside if Luck is healthy and Reich gets the offense back on track.
Derrick Henry. I’m high on him this year personally. But also was last year so I’ll say I could be very wrong.

Sorry. Misspelled his name.

Shawnky said:
Adams, Allen, and Thomas aren't falling that low.  Green is a possibility, but I'd rather take Gronk and the hope to get a Hilton or Tyreke Hill in the 3rd.
You might be right, but from my research and from some sites like FFpros that have been tracking ADP, it generally shows at least one of those three (non-Green) players there at pick 18 in a standard league.

For example, LINK shows Adams being there at pick 18.

It's certainly a gamble, but I'd roll the dice. And it sounds like we're on the same page anyways. Take that top RB with the #3 pick, then take a pass catcher in Round 2.

You might be right, but from my research and from some sites like FFpros that have been tracking ADP, it generally shows at least one of those three (non-Green) players there at pick 18 in a standard league.

For example, LINK shows Adams being there at pick 18.

It's certainly a gamble, but I'd roll the dice. And it sounds like we're on the same page anyways. Take that top RB with the #3 pick, then take a pass catcher in Round 2.
I haven’t had any of those guys fall to me. Unless your league is RB hungry I doubt you’ll see those guys there.

Standard scoring 12 team
what i just simulated on fantasypros was:

Zeke / AJ / Mixon / Baldwin / Lamar Miller / Corey Davis

I would be very happy with that in the first 6 rounds.  Cmac at 22 in that, would have loved him at 23.  He will probably be rising and may be gone even before pick 18.  

I definitely feel like AJ Green is the end of the WR tier (Evans and Tyreke have more risk, mainly due to QB play, some due to new faces taking targets), so between 18 and 23 if you are faced with: Green/Freeman/McCoy/Mixon/Gronk/Hill/Evans I think you have to go Green and then just hope that one of those 3 RBs is at 23 (ideally Mixon).  I like the WR depth later in the draft, but I don't feel great about Hill or Evans as WR1 and would rather sacrifice the potential Rb2 downgrade.

Just drafted in a 12 teamer non-PPR from the 3 spot and ended up with this team.

Zeke, Howard, Mixon, Cooks, Goodwin, Rudolph, Barber, CJ Anderson, Ty Montgomery, Cobb, Gostkowski, Chargers, A Peterson

Still Zeke over DJ?

With Frederick and Martin banged up, I worry a little about that o-line in Dallas.  With that in full force, I think that Zeke is the right answer.  If that line gets shaky at all, I don't feel too confident because very little about the Cowboys passing game will help keep defenses honest.

Still Zeke over DJ?

With Frederick and Martin banged up, I worry a little about that o-line in Dallas.  With that in full force, I think that Zeke is the right answer.  If that line gets shaky at all, I don't feel too confident because very little about the Cowboys passing game will help keep defenses honest.
I still like Zeke.

I’ve got another 3 slot draft coming up so I’m still mocking a ton. Never seem to love the tight end situation drafting out of this spot.

So glad I saw the Frederick news like an hour AFTER this draft...
May I view how your draft turned out?  Would love to see other lineups for those that have actually drafted.

I continue to think waiting on receiver here is the key, but not sure when and who to target as it continually shifts in my mocks.

May I view how your draft turned out?  Would love to see other lineups for those that have actually drafted.

I continue to think waiting on receiver here is the key, but not sure when and who to target as it continually shifts in my mocks.
Standard.  didn't want to draft a K and maybe not even a D and pick up Jordan Wilkins and/or Anthony Miller late, but commish claims that ESPN won't let him complete the draft unless everyone has a full starting lineup.

3 Ezekiel Elliott, Dal RB  

18 A.J. Green, Cin WR  

23 Jordan Howard, Chi RB  

38 Lamar Miller, Hou RB  

43 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR  

58 Kyle Rudolph, Min TE  

63 Corey Davis, Ten WR  

78 Kerryon Johnson, Det RB  

83 Chris Carson, Sea RB  

98 Robby Anderson, NYJ WR  

103 DJ Moore, Car WR  

118 Mike Williams, LAC WR  

123 Matt Ryan, Atl QB  (was hoping for Phil Rivers, but he got sniped at 115)

138 Michael Gallup, Dal WR  

143 Ravens D/ST D/ST  

158 Jake Elliott, Phi K  

Standard.  didn't want to draft a K and maybe not even a D and pick up Jordan Wilkins and/or Anthony Miller late, but commish claims that ESPN won't let him complete the draft unless everyone has a full starting lineup.

3 Ezekiel Elliott, Dal RB  

18 A.J. Green, Cin WR  

23 Jordan Howard, Chi RB  

38 Lamar Miller, Hou RB  

43 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR  

58 Kyle Rudolph, Min TE  

63 Corey Davis, Ten WR  

78 Kerryon Johnson, Det RB  

83 Chris Carson, Sea RB  

98 Robby Anderson, NYJ WR  

103 DJ Moore, Car WR  

118 Mike Williams, LAC WR  

123 Matt Ryan, Atl QB  (was hoping for Phil Rivers, but he got sniped at 115)

138 Michael Gallup, Dal WR  

143 Ravens D/ST D/ST  

158 Jake Elliott, Phi K  
I like this team a lot. I was all in on Matt Ryan last year and he was the glaring hole in my otherwise great team. So he’s kind of on my do not draft list.

But the good news for you is I will pass him up in the later rounds causing him to have another MVP like season on someone else’s team just to spite me.

Im not seeing AJ Green fall to me here ever, but would gladly take him. 

Howard at 23 seems great on paper and I think you’ll get nice steady production out of Miller as an RB3 with some upside.

Larry Fitz as a WR2 feels awesome, unless he finally just falls of a cliff.

Strong squad with plenty of upside in your later picks to become every week starters.

I like this team a lot. I was all in on Matt Ryan last year and he was the glaring hole in my otherwise great team. So he’s kind of on my do not draft list.

But the good news for you is I will pass him up in the later rounds causing him to have another MVP like season on someone else’s team just to spite me.

Im not seeing AJ Green fall to me here ever, but would gladly take him. 

Howard at 23 seems great on paper and I think you’ll get nice steady production out of Miller as an RB3 with some upside.

Larry Fitz as a WR2 feels awesome, unless he finally just falls of a cliff.

Strong squad with plenty of upside in your later picks to become every week starters.
Interesting about Green.  I did about 20 simulated mocks on fantasypros and he was definitely there more often than not.   ADP is 21 in standard and 19 in PPR according to fantasypros.  I was a little surprised that Howard was there at 23, though overall really nothing unexpected through pick 23. (Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, AB, AK, Saquon, Hunt, Fournette, Julio, Cook, Hopkins, Gordon, OBJ, Michael Thomas, CMac, Allen, AJ, Freeman, Mixon, Gronk, Evans, Howard).

I wanted to go RB heavy early because I just didn't like much after RB20 and thought there was WR value all over the board.  I didn't like much in the middle rounds honestly, which is why I may have reached a bit for Moore and Rudolph (after Engram, Graham and Olsen all went.  I wanted to wait until round 8, but feared that I could get sniped on the whole 3rd tier.  But it was mostly how I expected after doing so many simulations and I figured I would have a ton of upside WR from the latter 3rd.  I was happy to end up with Carson and Johnson where I did.

Regarding Ryan, I figure he has to increase his TDs.  He only had 20 last year, despite being well over 4000 yards.  Give him 9 more, which is closer to his career average, and he would have been like QB 8 or 9 last year.  I'm going to assume that he is going to be more comfortable with Sark and that Julio has to get more TDs this year, bringing him back up.  So for that point in the draft, I think he is a good value, though I wish I had gotten Rivers.

I had the 3rd pick in a 10 team .5 PPR. 

Gurley and Bell went 1-2 so I took Zeke at #3. I have DJ in another league so I diversified and picked Zeke. I was able to get Green back in round 2 and took Mixon in round 3. Had I not taken Mixon in round 3 RB got rough in a hurry. 

One thought about something I should’ve done is take Gronk over Green. This is only a 2WR with a flex league so they are devalued in comparison to the 3 WR leagues. 

At this point I'd take DJ because AZ has a better WR corps (imo) and the Cowboy vaunted line seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Also, DJ is going to catch many more passes which is an advantage even in standard. 

At this point I'd take DJ because AZ has a better WR corps (imo) and the Cowboy vaunted line seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Also, DJ is going to catch many more passes which is an advantage even in standard. 
In 3 spot myself ..... Had Zeke written in since I was able to grab the 3 pick , but with the horrible Fredrick news , Martin banged up , and no QB/WR to spread the Defense you're only a Ty Smith bad back from the Cowboys Offense being a dumpster fire. Think DJ is now the answer at 3 , especially in PPR. 

My mocks I have been able toying with DJ / Adams / Mixon or reaching a little bit and going RB/RB/RB .... normally DJ / Mixon / Freeman ...... best one so far was CMC falling to RD 2 in 12 teamer.

Bump. My draft is tomorrow just wondering what the latest results/surprises/trends might be
If I had to do it over, definitely DJ over Zeke to start.  I don't think that a whole lot has changed in the top 25-30 in the past couple of weeks, other than some of the RBs moving up a bit in the 2nd round, causing some WR to fall a few slots.

http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2018/adp?COUNT=100&POS=*&ROOKIES=0&INJURED=0&CUTOFF=5&FRANCHISES=-1&IS_PPR=-1&IS_KEEPER=0&IS_MOCK=-1&TIME=1535169600 (MFL drafts since 8/25)

I think Royce Freeman would be likely to go higher than this, but in theory it should be right.

Bump. My draft is tomorrow just wondering what the latest results/surprises/trends might be
Went in planning to go RB, RB, RB from all my mocks, but a Big run on running backs and a few QBs pushed me to WR. Really happy with this draft.

Gettinf Henry in the 4th and Watson in the 6th were my biggest surprises. Adams falling to third round was money, especially since I passed over him as I have Green slightly ahead in my rankings.

Bell, AJ Green, Devante Adams, D Henery, Josh Gordon, Dashawn Watson, M Goodwin, K Johnson, Jordan Reed, Breida, Mike Williams, Ekeler, James Conner, Gostkowksi, Chargers, Geronimo Allison.

Users who are viewing this thread