What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 5th Pick PPR (Redraft) thread (1 Viewer)

gump

Footballguy
Following the lead of the 1st pick thread, wanted to tee up a discussion about the pick that some consider the beginning of Tier 2 overall.
Common targets as of today are Kupp, Hill, Robinson, or Kelce.
2nd round targets (via 10 team mocks) are typically Lamb, ARSB, AJ Brown, Pollard, Henry, Jacobs, Stevenson...
3rd round roughly Higgins, Olave, DeVonta, Gibbs, ETN, Harris...one of the QBs.

I've been mocking are am liking a WR-RB-WR start positionally...but at the same time I'm not loving Kupp.
Getting a QB in 4 or 5, then hammering RB in 6 and later.

Last edited:
Opening pick is whatever out of JJ, Chase, Kupp, CMC and Ekeler is available (assuming no TEP, SF etc), probably the easiest slot to pick out of in round one, the rest kind of depends on who you take in the first

Opening pick is whatever out of JJ, Chase, Kupp, CMC and Ekeler is available (assuming no TEP, SF etc), probably the easiest slot to pick out of in round one, the rest kind of depends on who you take in the first
I think Bijan will enter that list in the next 2-3 weeks...

Entirely possible, Bijan is a clear first rounder for me and it wouldn't surprise me if the hype train starts rolling even more than it has been, but at top 5 I think he'd cease to be value tbqh

Entirely possible, Bijan is a clear first rounder for me and it wouldn't surprise me if the hype train starts rolling even more than it has been, but at top 5 I think he'd cease to be value tbqh
Agree on value but if you feel strongly about getting a RB first, maybe because you like the WR more in the MID 2nd and 3rd...he's likely the option.

Agree on value but if you feel strongly about getting a RB first, maybe because you like the WR more in the MID 2nd and 3rd...he's likely the option.

I have Ekeler higher in my rankings but Bijan could be in line for a massive year. I’d def think hard about taking him bc he will keep getting touches irrespective of the score.

Rd 1 options tightening up...likely down to Hill or Bijan depending on how you want to build. I personally like starting WR.

CMC, Tyreek and Kelce if they happen to be there. CMC is the biggest stretch to last to 1.05 but I've seen it and done it. In TEP Kelce is sort of a coin flip to get there and Tyreek as well but a little better chance he makes it.

Hurts
Metcalf, Cooper
Eckler, bijan Robinson
Jeudy
Njokou
Bass
Miami def

Bench
Swift, Godwin, mattison,penny, toney, Kincaid

10 team .5ppr
start qb, 2 rbs, 2 wr, flex, te, k, def

Depends on the size of the league and starting requirements, but it could be any of the following.

Jefferson, Chase, Hill, Kupp
CMC, Eckler, Bijan
Kelce

That is all

5-6-7-8 seem to be the least attractive slots this year. Which means that's where I'll wind up. T&P.

Any good local or online real draft results to share from #5?
JJ, CMC, Chase have always gone in the top 4 picks in every draft so far that I've been in/seen.

The other player going in the top 4 has been Ekeler, Kupp, or Hill.

Kelce is nice but non TEP I haven't seen him going top 4. Bijan in PPR also I haven't seen him go top 4.

If JJ/CMC/Chase drop then that's an auto pick at 5. Otherwise just choose between Ekeler/Kupp/Hill as 2 of them are a lock to be there.

After the big 3 at WR(Chase, JJ, Kupp), you can make a case here for CMC too. Then after Saquon, Chubb, or Ekeler for me

I'm actually starting to pivot to liking RB first, since the RB in the 2nd are looking less and less stable. Taylor hurt? Henry terrible OL and aging? Jacobs terrible OL and holding out? Etc....
Hero RB...

If CMC, Ekeler and BRob all come off the board before you pick 5th, you better start getting comfy going WR
JJ seems to go Top 3-4 in most redrafts I see.

I'm actually starting to pivot to liking RB first, since the RB in the 2nd are looking less and less stable. Taylor hurt? Henry terrible OL and aging? Jacobs terrible OL and holding out? Etc....
Hero RB...
I have the first pick and in the mocks I have done I like taking CMC first. There are still good receivers available in the 2nd and 3rd, but the RB's all have questions.

Any more more real results over the last week or so? MFL ADP now has Bijan over Hill here.

Last edited:
Just did a mock PPR draft on Sleeper and it went Ekeler, Chase, Jefferson, Hill at 1-4, Easy decision to go CMC at 5, which I don't expect in most mocks nor in my real draft in three weeks.

Interestingly, I'm seeing Bijan go as high as #7 now in mocks. As I noted in the Bijan thread, wouldn't shock me if some upcoming mocks have him inch into the top 5 before the season starts.

Last edited:
I have one of these on Monday (12-team PPR). My strategy is evolving every day, but here's where I'm at currently:

I'm way biased in favor of RBs in the 1st, so assuming CMC is gone, my targets would likely be Ekeler, Saquon, Chubb and Bijan in that order. Most likely, I will either get Ekeler or Barkley.

Second round I'm targeting WRs. In some mocks I've had the likes of Adams and Wilson fall to me, both of whom are automatic smash-the-button guys (ARSB too, although I haven't seen him fall yet). More likely is the Waddle/DSmith/Olave tier, any of whom I'd be fine with.

Third round I could go either RB or WR, depending on who's available. I'd prefer to go RB, because there are some guys there I like (Etienne, Jones, Rhamondre), and not nearly as many in the 4th or 5th. But if one of the WRs I mentioned in the previous paragraph falls, I would certainly be tempted. Also, I haven't yet toyed around with taking Andrews in any mocks, but that's probably something I should explore.

Fourth most likely take whatever position I don't take in Rd 3, unless Lamar is still there. RBs I like include Walker, Pierce and Akers (like Javonte, too, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about the injury recovery). WRs I like are Metcalf, Lockett, DMoore and maybe Aiyuk.

Fifth I'm targeting one of the mid-tier QBs (Burrow, Fields, Herbert, Lawrence).

Sixth I'm hoping Waller is still there. If not I'm punting TE and probably looking WR (could also reach for KHerbert, but I'd prefer to wait on him until the 7th)

Now we're getting to the point where specific draft position doesn't really matter, so I'll stop there.

Following the lead of the 1st pick thread, wanted to tee up a discussion about the pick that some consider the beginning of Tier 2 overall.
2nd round targets (via 10 team mocks) are typically Lamb, ARSB, AJ Brown, Pollard, Henry, Jacobs, Stevenson...

I've been mocking are am liking a WR-RB-WR start positionally...but at the same time I'm not loving Kupp.
I’ve had the 1.05 in 2 leagues.

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
2.08 - Henry (wasn’t the plan but had to take the value)
3.08 - ACooper
4.05 - LJax
5.08 - Dionte
6.05- Pitts
7.08 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.08 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

In my local IDP I also drew the 1.05 & took a different aproach. I’ll post the 1st 6 rounds because IDP runs make it less useful after that
1.05 - Eke
2.08 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.08 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.08 - J.Cook

I really liked drafting at 5. Guaranteed one of the top WR, Kelce, or CMC/Eke, and the long turn isn’t all that long. Value tends to fall to the middle, so if you’re flexible you can build pretty solid teams.

These were also the only teams this year where I was able to land LJax.

Last edited:
I got the 1.05 in my keeper draft tomorrow. 1 caveat is that JJ is kept by another manager. My expectations:

Chase, CMC, Eke go in the top 3 in some order. Which will likely leave one of the following at picks 4/5:
Kupp
Hill
Chubb
Bijan
Kelce

Depending who's taken at 1.04, I'm actually leaning Kupp, Kelce, Chubb/ Bijan. It seems there's still a few high-end RB's that make it back in the 2nd round. I do agree that the 5th pick seems to be a bit of no-man's land though as everyone listed above could go at 1.05 or 1.10.

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Henry (wasn’t the plan but had to take the value)
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

In my local IDP I also drew the 1.05 & took a different aproach. I’ll post the 1st 6 rounds because IDP runs make it less useful after that
1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

I really liked drafting at 5. Guaranteed one of the top WR, Kelce, or CMC/Eke, and the long turn isn’t all that long. Value tends to fall to the middle, so if you’re flexible you can build pretty solid teams.

Unless you're playing in an 11-team league, you're not drafting in the 7th position in even rounds. :lmao:

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

Unless you're playing in an 11-team league, you're not drafting in the 7th position in even rounds. :lmao:
Oops. .08
:doh:

Been a long allergized day and the Benadryl was kicking in

ETA: I also forgot about the 3RR in the NFC league
:doh:

Fixed

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

Nice to see Ekeler falling to you in two separate drafts. I'd be thrilled to end up with him.

The Henry thing is interesting. If there's a run on WRs in the late first/early second, I could easily see a quality RB falling. Possibly even Chubb if people think he gets severely devalued in PPR (which I think is overblown). Still not sure what I'd do in that situation. I'd really need to nail the midround WRs to make up for the lack of studs. And does that mean I have to give up on my plan of going QB/TE in Rds 5/6?

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

Nice to see Ekeler falling to you in two separate drafts. I'd be thrilled to end up with him.

The Henry thing is interesting. If there's a run on WRs in the late first/early second, I could easily see a quality RB falling. Possibly even Chubb if people think he gets severely devalued in PPR (which I think is overblown). Still not sure what I'd do in that situation. I'd really need to nail the midround WRs to make up for the lack of studs. And does that mean I have to give up on my plan of going QB/TE in Rds 5/6?
I didn’t.

Am I thrilled with Cooper as my WR1? No. Am I happy to have LJax, Eke, Henry with a WR corps of Cooper, Dionte, and one of Thomas/Doubs/Nico? I think it’s doable.

Something always has to give. I never intended on going RB-RB, especially not in a 3RR, but I don’t mind the results. Even have some nice RB depth with Gibson, Warren, D’onta

I try to be flexible. At 5 ya just never know what’ll fall to you.

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

Forget where I read it… or possibly SXM radio. But Chubb was

RB5 in standard
RB5 in .5 PPR
RB6 in 1 PPR and missed RB5 by .3 points.

TakeS PPR out of your drafting mindset if you think of it that way. A lot of people missing on him.

I had pick #2 last year and followed up Jefferson with Chubb. I’m smashing the Chubb button this year.

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

RB5 in standard
RB5 in .5 PPR

TakeS PPR out of your drafting mindset if you think of it that way. A lot of people missing on him.

I had pick #2 last year and followed up Jefferson with Chubb. I’m smashing the Chubb button this year.
In one of my 3 NFC leagues, the one I got Eke at 1.05, Chubb went 1.04

I was shocked, but I can’t say it’s wrong. He wouldn’t have made it back & if that’s your pony, shoot your shot.

I was more than happy to get Eke. I’m sure the next dude was more than happy to get Hill.

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

The last championship I won was in 2020, largely on the strength of taking Kamara/AJones 1-2. The thing is, I followed that up with DJ Moore and Sutton, who proceeded to tear his ACL in Week 2. F.ortunately, I was able to save myself by a) turning Moore into AJ Brown via trade, b) drafting an undervalued Keenan Allen a few rounds later, and c) picking up a rookie Jefferson a few weeks into the season. Absent all of those breaks, I probably end up looking back on my season regretting the fact that going RB-RB killed my WR room

1, an NFFC $350 league
1.05 - Eke
3.05 - ACooper
4.07 - LJax
5.05 - Dionte
6.07 - Pitts
7.05 - Gibson
8.05 - MThomas
9.07 - Doubs
10.05 - Nico Collins

1.05 - Eke
2.07 - Adams
3.05 - Higgins
4.07 - Jeudy
5.05 - LJax
6.07 - J.Cook

RB5 in standard
RB5 in .5 PPR

Yeah, I think people want to feel like there's a huge difference based on scoring rules, so they zero in on guys like Chubb and Henry -- or, conversely, receiving backs -- to fade depending on format. (It's not unlike the way people love to talk about the boom-or-bust DJax types in best ball.) But if a guy's getting yards and TDs, the number of receptions probably matters less than you think.

I probably end up looking back on my season regretting the fact that going RB-RB killed my WR room
RB-RB didn’t kill your WR room. Poor picks at WR killed your WR room. 💡
Sure. But it's a question of probabilities. Picking a WR in the 2nd would presumably have increased my chances of hitting on that pick (FYI, I can't remember the WR I would have taken in Rd 2 instead of Jones -- maybe Godwin? -- but I do remember the RB I would have targeted in Rd 3 was Melvin Gordon, so Jones was a huge upgrade)

Love me some Saquon here...my #1 ranked RB. :hottake:
I was wondering why he’s getting no love here. Monster season in store and my target at 1.06 in my upcoming redraft.
Really torn between Shaquon and Bijan here (and Kelce too).

Found out today I have 1.06 in a local 10-team redraft tomorrow.
Chris Harris of the Harris Football Podcast is way down on Bijan because he's a rookie (he wouldn't even take him in the first round). I wouldn't go that far, but he has made a good point that if you're talking about Bijan's ceiling, isn't that pretty much what we've already seen from the likes of Saquon? So why not take the guy who's done it already?

Another point he made recently, which I mostly agree with, is that there's not really a great reason why CMC should be ranked so far ahead of Barkley. I get that he has a slightly longer track record and a better offense, and he's probably a little more effective as a receiver, but Barkley is more the focal point of the offense.

The one I find myself wavering on a little is Ekeler. I'll still probably take him as my RB2 behind McCaffrey, but I do worry that he's been defying gravity for the past couple years, both in terms of injuries as well as TD regression, plus he just turned 28, a notorious RB cliff year

Love me some Saquon here...my #1 ranked RB. :hottake:
I was wondering why he’s getting no love here. Monster season in store and my target at 1.06 in my upcoming redraft.
Really torn between Shaquon and Bijan here (and Kelce too).

Found out today I have 1.06 in a local 10-team redraft tomorrow.
Chris Harris of the Harris Football Podcast is way down on Bijan because he's a rookie (he wouldn't even take him in the first round). I wouldn't go that far, but he has made a good point that if you're talking about Bijan's ceiling, isn't that pretty much what we've already seen from the likes of Saquon? So why not take the guy who's done it already?

Another point he made recently, which I mostly agree with, is that there's not really a great reason why CMC should be ranked so far ahead of Barkley. I get that he has a slightly longer track record and a better offense, and he's probably a little more effective as a receiver, but Barkley is more the focal point of the offense.

The one I find myself wavering on a little is Ekeler. I'll still probably take him as my RB2 behind McCaffrey, but I do worry that he's been defying gravity for the past couple years, both in terms of injuries as well as TD regression, plus he just turned 28, a notorious RB cliff year
The other issue raised with Ekeler is that he has a new OC that may not involve him as much in the passing game as the old one did.

10-team PPR results from last night:

Allen / ARich
Henry/AJones/Hall/BRob/Achane/Spears
Tyreek/Metcalf/Aiyuk/Jeudy/Goedert/Pitts

5th pick yesterday; 1/2 point PPR, 12 teamer

Kelce
Jacobs
deVonta
C Watson
J Herbert
D Cook
Hollywood Brown
E Engram
Skyy
Jameson
49ers
Roschon
Zamir
Kendre
Gus
Ty Chandler
CJ Stroud

This past Saturday was my home league's draft, our 28th season.
12 teams, full PPR, start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE and a flex. I drafted from the 5-hole...

1. Tyreek Hill
2. Garrett Wilson
3. Josh Jacobs (fortunate to have made this pick 10 minutes before it was announced that he signed a one year deal)
4. Joe Burrow
5. Dameon Pierce
6. James Cook
7. Diontae Johnson
8. Jahan Dotson
9. Pat Freiermuth
10. Treylon Burks
11. Dalton Kincaid
12. Geno Smith
13. Devin Singletary
14. Dallas D
15. Chuba Hubbard
16. Joshua Kelley
17. Matt Gay

LOL. After spending all week practicing drafting from the 5 spot, I arrived at the draft to discover the commish had forgotten to manually input the chosen draft order into Yahoo, and therefore we had all been randomly assigned. Fortunately, I was only moved to 7, so not a huge difference (although it did mean I missed out on Ekeler). But hey, at least I wasn't the guy who came in thinking he was going first but instead found out he was 12th

Users who are viewing this thread