What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 6th Pick (Redraft) thread (1 Viewer)

Payne

Footballguy
12 team PPR non-super flex

I drew this pick and wasn't too happy at first. However, I don't think it's a horrible pick.

Round 1 provides good options: Taylor, CMC, Kupp, JJ, Ekeler, Chase, Harris or Cook. To me, it's all about picking the right one that drops to you. This 1st pick will setup the next few rounds.
Go WR and you will be getting two non-elite tier RB's in round 2-4.
Go RB and you lose out on the top tier of WR.

I have mocked both ways and still unsure which path I like best.

12 team PPR non-super flex

I drew this pick and wasn't too happy at first. However, I don't think it's a horrible pick.

Round 1 provides good options: Taylor, CMC, Kupp, JJ, Ekeler, Chase, Harris or Cook. To me, it's all about picking the right one that drops to you. This 1st pick will setup the next few rounds.
Go WR and you will be getting two non-elite tier RB's in round 2-4.
Go RB and you lose out on the top tier of WR.

I have mocked both ways and still unsure which path I like best.
I see a pretty clear top 6, so 6 is a good spot. Taylor, CMC, Kupp are pretty much not going to happen for you, so maybe get them out of your head. JJ, Ekeler, or Chase, whoever falls to you. Ekeler or JJ would be amazing at 6.
I sit at 6 in one of mine and am hoping one of the top 5 slip (I see Chase as just SLIGHTLY below the big 5), but would be perfectly content with Chase at 6 if that happens.
Really, too many options in round 2 to look at, but there will be plenty of good RBs (barkley, kamara, chubb, javonte) and some good WRs (maybe deebo or Lamb if they slip), or you just go grab Kelce or Andrews if you're feeling it.

Ekeler, Cook or Najee if they unexpectedly fall, otherwise flipping a coin between JJ or Kupp. Like both, maybe Jefferson a smidge better ATM.

Love this spot on the comeback. Chubb or Barkley, or even Deebo (& pray Hall is there at the 3.06.) Always feel like I get off to a good start in Mocks from #6.

Ekeler, Cook or Najee if they unexpectedly fall, otherwise flipping a coin between JJ or Kupp. Like both, maybe Jefferson a smidge better ATM.

Love this spot on the comeback. Chubb or Barkley, or even Deebo (& pray Hall is there at the 3.06.) Always feel like I get off to a good start in Mocks from #6.
I feel like after the top four the next 8-10 picks are changing by the day. No hard evidence to back that up, just watching mocks and news. Kamara seems to be moving up fast in the talk circles.
I can't stop thinking about that bucket of chicken from the Yankee game you posted. I better get breakfast. 😀

I can't stop thinking about that bucket of chicken from the Yankee game you posted. I better get breakfast. 😀

Ha! Don't sell those garlic fries short either. Team stinks rn, but great entertainment regardless.

I feel like I'm getting more cynical about fantasy takes. When somebody trashes someone as overrated/avoid I start thinking about reasons I should draft them. When somebody else posts "You must draft this breakout candidate" I start researching negative scouting profiles to talk myself out of them.

Very few sure things this year. JT, JJ, Kupp. I can find reasons to avoid everyone else. Also why you must draft them.

Ha! Don't sell those garlic fries short either. Team stinks rn, but great entertainment regardless.

I feel like I'm getting more cynical about fantasy takes. When somebody trashes someone as overrated/avoid I start thinking about reasons I should draft them. When somebody else posts "You must draft this breakout candidate" I start researching negative scouting profiles to talk myself out of them.

Very few sure things this year. JT, JJ, Kupp. I can find reasons to avoid everyone else. Also why you must draft them.
I look at the first round every year as where the draft can be lost. I try and be super safe. I always leaned WR for that reason, but this year I am thinking about rolling the dice on RB more than ever. I am also looking at cuffs way more than usual because of this.

As for the cynicism, I am getting that way in all walks of life now. I'm mid forties so...

I could make an argument against Kupp easily. Akers and Henderson both to get carries. Kupp with an obvious regression. Robinson best WR to play opposite of him. Stafford arm.

EDIT: I would definitely take him at 1.06 however. He is still going to be great. Don't get me wrong.

Why did you say "unexpectedly fall"? You think all three will be gone by pick 6? I have not seen that.

Why did you say "unexpectedly fall"? You think all three will be gone by pick 6? I have not seen that.

Guess I was more locked into my rankings v Consensus rankings and not considering Consensus ADP (the latter is below and seems to mirror what you are saying):
  1. JT
  2. CMC
  3. EKELER
  4. KUPP
  5. HENRY
  6. JJ
  7. Harris
  8. Cook
  9. Mixon
  10. Adams
  11. Diggs

I could make an argument against Kupp easily. Akers and Henderson both to get carries. Kupp with an obvious regression. Robinson best WR to play opposite of him. Stafford arm.

EDIT: I would definitely take him at 1.06 however. He is still going to be great. Don't get me wrong.

Of course there will be regression from near record yardage and 16 TDs. I have seen anyone saying otherwise.

He could see 500 less yards and 6 less TDs but still be the WR1.

I only play in one league and it's a 12 team, redraft, ppr, super-flex. So my advice is shaded by that.

In this situation I lean towards the WR, unless by some miracle McCaffrey falls to you.

Ekeler is simply amazing and I think Cook should still be amazing in the new offense but at 6 the value of the guys available is very similar so I want to lock into the "best" player who has the best chance to remain upright for 17 games. To me that favors the WRs by a wide margin.

Personally, I like Jefferson a little bit more than Chase this year but it's splitting hairs.

I would make an exception if McCaffrey falls, highly unlikely but drafts be weird. His per game output potential is simply too high to ignore.

I think we are talking PPR. Kupp or JJ are likely gone, and Cook or Najee likely there.

I'm at 5 and draft (PPR) next Monday. Was set on Kupp but now thinking he won't make it to me.
Don't know why you originally thought you might get Kupp there. His ADP is 1.03. You do have a shot at him now though as he has slipped (the tiniest bit ever).

5 in PPR is great. You'll get Kupp or Jefferson or Ekeler.

I agree Kupp will regress from 1947 yards and 16 TD's, but how much? 1500 yards and 11 TD's? That's probably still worth the pick, no?

I only play in one league and it's a 12 team, redraft, ppr, super-flex. So my advice is shaded by that.

In this situation I lean towards the WR, unless by some miracle McCaffrey falls to you.

Ekeler is simply amazing and I think Cook should still be amazing in the new offense but at 6 the value of the guys available is very similar so I want to lock into the "best" player who has the best chance to remain upright for 17 games. To me that favors the WRs by a wide margin.

Personally, I like Jefferson a little bit more than Chase this year but it's splitting hairs.

I would make an exception if McCaffrey falls, highly unlikely but drafts be weird. His per game output potential is simply too high to ignore.
I wouldn't dismiss Barkley at 6 either. If you really want him, you should grab him and not worry about this 'value' garbage.

Okay, I pick 3rd in a redraft league, no SF, 1 flex spot, standard scoring. 20th year and super competitive.

Most everything says Henry or CMC which have huge upside but a ton of risk. I think Cook is going to explode in the new wide zone offense. Kupp is probably the safest pick. The thing I don't like about drafting a WR first is I find myself reaching and stacking lesser backs later when I could be drafting better value at other positions. Anyone else do this? But I really do like the later RB value this year outside the dead zone.

Henry - Cee Dee - HIggins - Mike Williams - AJ Dillon -Kareem Hunt - Rhamandre

Thoughts?

I'm at 5 and draft (PPR) next Monday. Was set on Kupp but now thinking he won't make it to me.
Don't know why you originally thought you might get Kupp there. His ADP is 1.03. You do have a shot at him now though as he has slipped (the tiniest bit ever).

5 in PPR is great. You'll get Kupp or Jefferson or Ekeler.

Was basing this a bit on knowing my league. If Ekeler or CMC make it down to me then it will get interesting.

I just wrote my thoughts in the pick 12 thread and called out the weirdness/difficulty/opportunity it offers. Considering a mid round pick, it changes a decent amount, but honestly not a ton

1/2 - For me, walk away with a RB1 and WR1. Up to you and/or how the first round falls will depend on order. But my opinion is to get one of each. There's little risk that you'll have good options at both from the mid round position.

3/4/5 - Hammer WR. You're moving quickly into the RB Dead Zone, but the WR2 also diminish fairly quickly. I lean WR here (outside of some stupid value falling). I do consider ETN/Breece is the value is right (YMMV)

6 - Have a look at fallen value, then make a call on whether you want to begin grabbing RBs (depending on what you do in 3/4/5). If you did grab a RB from the DZ, maybe you want another WR. You might see a QB that you love, or may choose to punt until later. This is an interesting time to consider TE but for me I would only consider Schultz in the 6th...and he's moving up ADP quickly. Six seems to be the second strategy pivot you will make after round 2

7 - Time to determine once and for all what you want to do with QB/TE. Based on what you see, do you take the Goedert type? Hurts? If you decide to commit to a QB or TE, back off of them until the later rounds. If you don't, more RB. Look for those guys that have some standalone value, but could turn into rocket ships with an injury or depth chart shake up

8/9 - I love the safe plus upside play with QB, if you haven't committed already (think Cousins/Lance). More RBs!

10/11/12/13/14 - high upside QB and dart throws. high upside only picks, including a TE or two if you didn’t commit earlier.

15/16 - K/D if you do that wort of thing

Last edited:
I just wrote my thoughts in the pick 12 thread and called out the weirdness/difficulty/opportunity it offers. Considering a mid round pick, it changes a decent amount, but honestly not a ton

1/2 - For me, walk away with a RB1 and WR1. Up to you and/or how the first round falls will depend on order. But my opinion is to get one of each. There's little risk that you'll have good options at both from the mid round position.

3/4/5 - Hammer WR. You're moving quickly into the RB Dead Zone, but the WR2 also diminish fairly quickly. I lean WR here (outside of some stupid value falling). I do consider ETN/Breece is the value is right (YMMV)

6 - Have a look at fallen value, then make a call on whether you want to begin grabbing RBs (depending on what you do in 3/4/5). If you did grab a RB from the DZ, maybe you want another WR. You might see a QB that you love, or may choose to punt until later. This is an interesting time to consider TE but for me I would only consider Schultz in the 6th...and he's moving up ADP quickly. Six seems to be the second strategy pivot you will make after round 2

7 - Time to determine once and for all what you want to do with QB/TE. Based on what you see, do you take the Goedert type? Hurts? If you decide to commit to a QB or TE, back off of them until the later rounds. If you don't, more RB. Look for those guys that have some standalone value, but could turn into rocket ships with an injury or depth chart shake up

8/9 - I love the safe plus upside play with QB, if you haven't committed already (think Cousins/Lance). More RBs!

10/11/12/13/14 - high upside QB and dart throws. high upside only picks, including a TE or two if you didn’t commit earlier.

This is why I noted in my original post that your 1st pick sets up your entire draft. This is what I'm struggling with. Determining if I like Chase and a RB from round 2 or Ekeler/Cook/Harris and a WR in round 2. What's frustrating is the players available in round 2 seem to fluctuate with each mock I do.

This is why I noted in my original post that your 1st pick sets up your entire draft. This is what I'm struggling with. Determining if I like Chase and a RB from round 2 or Ekeler/Cook/Harris and a WR in round 2. What's frustrating is the players available in round 2 seem to fluctuate with each mock I do.

Best, and probably only, way to do this is to spend time ranking out your top six picks - then commit to it. Take YOUR highest rated player available. You still have quality choice available in the second, regardless of which position you draft in the first. Don't overthink it. Also, mocks are only so helpful. You're either drafting with people that are experimenting/don't care or vs a robot. What you do in 1/2 is far more tricky from the back end turn IMO, as things are more depleted at 36 compared to 30.

You kind of have to just see what falls to you. If Ekeler falls to 6 then he is an automatic pick, no? You have to just rank your top 6 and go from there.

Taylor
CMC
Kupp
Are the main 3 that you pretty much can guarantee won't make it to you at 6. So you're looking at:

Ekeler
Jefferson
Chase
Cook
Henry (kinda)
I don't really see anyone else in that tier, but if you do, add them in. You know you're going to get one of these 4 players at #6 in probably 90+% of PPR drafts, so just go with what you like. There will be quality RB AND WR in the next round, but I do like the values of RB better in the middle of the 2nd. Jefferson would be an absolute dream at 6, Chase might be a bit early in PPR, Cook everyone fluctuates on, and Ekeler pretty safe but probably won't be there for you at 6.
I'd just let the draft unfold and prey that JJ or Ekeler somehow falls to you. If they're both gone, then you gotta just go with whoever you like better out of Cook/Henry/Chase.

I agree Kupp will regress from 1947 yards and 16 TD's, but how much? 1500 yards and 11 TD's? That's probably still worth the pick, no?
Yeah, if Kupp wasn't already being expected to regress he would be the consensus 1.01 overall.

I absolutely do think he could slip to #6 though based on a couple of people getting spooked by Stafford's elbow more than anything else. There are a lot of people that look at the first round pick as simply avoiding possible land mines. The potential drop-off from Stafford to Wolford/Perkins even for just a stretch of the season is more than just a land mine. If Stafford "believes he's on track to start week 1" that would at least cause pause for some.

In my 3 wr league I am hoping Kupp, Jefferson, or Chase falls. WR's go early and often so I think I can get a solid RB in round two or maybe Kelce. If the receivers are gone I will take Ekler. I don't love it because I think last year was the year to own Ekeler We are definitely taking him at his ceiling but he stills has a very strong floor. I'm also toying with the idea of taking Diggs at 6. I don't think he deserves to go that high but based on roster construction I would prefer a stud WR and then a solid RB in round two. Dalvin Cook would be the only other player in consideration here but I feel I would be locked into getting Mattison later which takes away from dart throws.

In my 3 wr league I am hoping Kupp, Jefferson, or Chase falls. WR's go early and often so I think I can get a solid RB in round two or maybe Kelce. If the receivers are gone I will take Ekler. I don't love it because I think last year was the year to own Ekeler We are definitely taking him at his ceiling but he stills has a very strong floor. I'm also toying with the idea of taking Diggs at 6. I don't think he deserves to go that high but based on roster construction I would prefer a stud WR and then a solid RB in round two. Dalvin Cook would be the only other player in consideration here but I feel I would be locked into getting Mattison later which takes away from dart throws.
Is there a specific reason why WR's go early in your draft? Have you done a few good mock drafts after taking a WR in round 1? I find that RB's are starting to creep up boards and you may not get who you think you will in rounds 2 or 3. Meanwhile some very good WR's are there.

Just drafted. Kupp went 4th, I took JJ 5th, and Henry went 6th.
Where did Barkley, Kamara, and Gabe Davis go? lol
Well not sure if serious but I took Barkley in the 3rd, Davis in the 8th, and Kamara went in the 2nd.
Ya I am serious, just wondering as there's been some big discussions on those players in other threads. You got Barkley at 3.05 and Davis at 8.08? What format?

Well not sure if serious but I took Barkley in the 3rd, Davis in the 8th, and Kamara went in the 2nd.
Ya I am serious, just wondering as there's been some big discussions on those players in other threads. You got Barkley at 3.05 and Davis at 8.08? What format?
10 team PPR

10 team PPR
Ah, okay. Still rediculously good value on Barkley which would be 3.01 in a 12 team league.
Davis would have gone 8.06 to you in 10 team which would translate to 7.04 in 12 team league.

Users who are viewing this thread