What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (1 Viewer)

I drafted Foster today at 3.08 in my 10 team ppr keeper league, 2 keepers per team. 16 of the 20 keepers were top 30 guys so the draft was basically accelerated by 2 rounds at that point. The prospect of Foster maybe being back by week 4 coupled with the chance to keep him or trade him in the offseason if he blows up, too much for me to pass up. He was picked ahead of Gordon, Gurley, Randle, and Stewart (who I knew I could get early in the next round). Previous picks were Dez and Megatron, keepers were Evans and Hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
per rotoworld

Round 5

49. Keenan Allen (WR20) — Allen is coming with surprisingly little markdown after last year’s catastrophe, but WR20 is not far fetched.

50. Arian Foster (RB25) — Foster soft-tissue injuries have become the stuff of legend, but you don’t let this kind of upside slide any farther down the board.

Foster's ADP for 12-team non-ppr leagues per Fantasyfootballcalculator...still rising but possibly topping out:

DATE: ADP: DIFF:
Aug. 25 6.04 0
Aug. 26 6.02 +2
Aug. 27 5.10 +4
Aug. 28 5.07 +3
Aug. 29 5.04 +3
Aug. 30 4.12 +4
Aug. 31 4.11 +1

While I'd like to have Foster In my 12-team non-ppr, I'd be hesitant to take him at 4.02 and he'll probably be gone before 5.11. :(
That is just crazy talk IMO. I fully believe he is missing at least 4 games at the bare minimum.
Crazy talk? Maybe, maybe not. His ADP is rising already and could keep rising 6 more days until my draft.

11 guys passed on Foster last year and that's the how I got their money. Any (or most) of them could legitimately see that as the biggest mistake they made in the 2014 draft and will not want to repeat it. 10 of those guys make two picks each between 4.02 and 5.11. Even if his ADP doesn't reach 5.10, I think there is very little chance that NONE of them are willing to pay a little over ADP for a potentially huge ROI.
Yeah, I don't like your chances there, Hoss.

Foster's ADP for 12-team non-ppr leagues per Fantasyfootballcalculator...still rising but possibly topping out:

Aug. 25 6.04 0
Aug. 26 6.02 +2
Aug. 27 5.10 +4
Aug. 28 5.07 +3
Aug. 29 5.04 +3
Aug. 30 4.12 +4
Aug. 31 4.11 +1
He went in the 5th of one I did last night. Too rich for my blood. I was hoping for the 7th or 8th. Still no set timetable on when to expect him back. It could be end of September, but we don't know for sure. Taking him in the 4th/5th just seems risky with some of the other options still there on the board.

I took Foster at 5.01 in my 12 team PPR. Factoring in the rankings of keepers that would have gone in the first four rounds, this was in effect the 58th pick. I think it's outstanding value.

Aug. 25 6.04 0
Aug. 26 6.02 +2
Aug. 27 5.10 +4
Aug. 28 5.07 +3
Aug. 29 5.04 +3
Aug. 30 4.12 +4
Aug. 31 4.11 +1
He went in the 5th of one I did last night. Too rich for my blood. I was hoping for the 7th or 8th. Still no set timetable on when to expect him back. It could be end of September, but we don't know for sure. Taking him in the 4th/5th just seems risky with some of the other options still there on the board.
I said a couple weeks back that end of 4th or first of 5th was where I thought he should go. Just my opinion but, for me, it's just looking at that upside. He could be what Peterson was a few years back. You just simply can't let THAT KIND of upside slide to far. You'll get burned more times than not.

For me (just my opinion), when I look at all these other player in that 5th and beyond range, there's not a guy out there that I think "If I get this guy instead of Foster, that's better...I can live without Foster come week 9 and beyond when he would be my #1 RB."

In my opinion, if you're a vet FF player, you should be able to win your league if ANY player gets hurt and you miss him for the season, from the 1.01 on down, so while losing a major player (or THE major player) on your team sucks, I've found that when it happens to me, it usually just makes me work a bit harder on the wire and in trades (I play dynasty almost exclusively so it IS a bit different because I'm thinking a larger span of time but, in general, it should be the same...losing Gronk with your first pick shouldn't be viewed as "I'm the only guy in the league that's going to have issues").

He's very much worth a 5th, maybe a 4th (was for me anyway), IF you can lock him up with Blue. Should be a pretty good RB backfield and if Foster comes back early and stays healthy, you've got an RB1 at a cheap price. If he struggles to return, you've got a mid-level backfield.

It's a gamble worth taking IMO.

Got him at 4.06 in an 11 team league so pick 39. Guy with the pick at the 4/5 turn said he wanted him there so he wasn't making the fifth in our draft.

It's too bad players arent allowed to use HGH as part of the rehab process...they would heal so fast
I have been saying for a long time that regulated HGH treatment for guys coming back from big injuries should be allowed.
i used a kit for a torn bicep surgery and i was back to work in 2 weeks ...after an injury that normally keeps you out for 4 - 6 months ...that #### is no joke ...it works miracles

In my 12 team non-ppr draft last night, I grabbed Foster at 5.05. Pairing him with Gore as my RB2 tandem, so if Father Time finally catches up with Gore, I'm hoping Foster is back and ready to go.

In my 12 team non-ppr draft last night, I grabbed Foster at 5.05. Pairing him with Gore as my RB2 tandem, so if Father Time finally catches up with Gore, I'm hoping Foster is back and ready to go.
Late 4th/5th seems to be somewhat appropriate to me for the risk/reward ration with the obvious caveats of scoring system and lineup requirements.

I'm drafting at the turn an a 12 team PPR redraft and contemplating him at 3.12/4.01 as I think he'll be gone by my next picks at 5.12/6.01. I get that 3.12/4.01 is probably "too early" but if he comes back for 1/4 to 3/4 of the season as the Foster we've seen in the past, he will outperform everybody else at that point in the draft.

Just not sure if I'll be able to pull the trigger that early, but you probably don't win your league unless a mid to late drat pick greatly outperforms their draft position. I think Foster may be a better bet than most.

Late 4th/5th seems to be somewhat appropriate to me for the risk/reward ration with the obvious caveats of scoring system and lineup requirements.

I'm drafting at the turn an a 12 team PPR redraft and contemplating him at 3.12/4.01 as I think he'll be gone by my next picks at 5.12/6.01. I get that 3.12/4.01 is probably "too early" but if he comes back for 1/4 to 3/4 of the season as the Foster we've seen in the past, he will outperform everybody else at that point in the draft.

Just not sure if I'll be able to pull the trigger that early, but you probably don't win your league unless a mid to late drat pick greatly outperforms their draft position. I think Foster may be a better bet than most.
I was basically in the exact boat as you in my draft. 12th spot in a 12 teamer. Went 2 stud wr's with my first two picks--went wr/rb with my 3rd and 4th--and was lucky enough to grab foster at the 5-6 turn. However, my draft was a little over a week ago. I think my chances of landing him there today would be severly diminished. I'm not sure when your draft is--but I'd be curious to know where he goes when you do have your draft.

I was basically in the exact boat as you in my draft. 12th spot in a 12 teamer. Went 2 stud wr's with my first two picks--went wr/rb with my 3rd and 4th--and was lucky enough to grab foster at the 5-6 turn. However, my draft was a little over a week ago. I think my chances of landing him there today would be severly diminished. I'm not sure when your draft is--but I'd be curious to know where he goes when you do have your draft.
Draft is going on now, slow online draft with long pick clocks, and the league is filled with pretty savvy people. Don't expect to see a lot of outlandishly "bad" picks.

For me picking Foster at 3.12/4.01 will likely come down to, as all picks do, who else is available but Foster seems a harder player to "slot" in with other picks.

I never intent to draft Arian Foster, but somehow he still ends up on my team. In my main league I have a black hole at RB2, and only this guy can fill it. It was hard to resist with the 98th pick. Get well soon, Arian... !

$50 12 team PPR by the way. Don't reach for him, guys... he'll be there.

I never intent to draft Arian Foster, but somehow he still ends up on my team. In my main league I have a black hole at RB2, and only this guy can fill it. It was hard to resist with the 98th pick. Get well soon, Arian... !

In the 2 real drafts I've done, he's been picked in the 5th round.

I completely disagree. You got really really lucky and must play with some real risk averse players. I contend the strategy most likely to produce a championship level team this year is to start your draft with Gronk, 2 or 3 WRs (depending on who is there with the 4th pick and exactly what your lineups are) and get Foster. If you are in the front half of round 1, try to trade back as someone will likely want one of the top RBs. If you are in the back half, you can get Gronk, a #1 WR and a borderline #1 WR with your first 3 picks (Gronk, Julio and Cooks for example). If you can get Foster paired with 3 guys like that, you will have the chance to have a real huge advantage essentially fielding 3 guys with 1st round value.

I completely disagree. You got really really lucky and must play with some real risk averse players. I contend the strategy most likely to produce a championship level team this year is to start your draft with Gronk, 2 or 3 WRs (depending on who is there with the 4th pick and exactly what your lineups are) and get Foster. If you are in the front half of round 1, try to trade back as someone will likely want one of the top RBs. If you are in the back half, you can get Gronk, a #1 WR and a borderline #1 WR with your first 3 picks (Gronk, Julio and Cooks for example). If you can get Foster paired with 3 guys like that, you will have the chance to have a real huge advantage essentially fielding 3 guys with 1st round value.
Completely on board with this theory. This strategy will put money in FF owner's pockets this year.

On the draft point, I said a week or so ago that the 5.04 spot seemed to be right (somewhere between 4.12-5.04). I think people need to understand their league to know the exact launch point but overall, if you are posting here that you are getting him in the 6th and later, then you're just playing with a bunch of lesser talent because it should be obvious what the potential is here with Foster.

When you're looking at taking him in the 5th vs. the 6th and you see the names in that 60-75 ADP and it J. Bell, D. Martin, Gio, Allen Robinson, Shane Vereen, Tevin Coleman...there is NO way you can convince me that passing on Foster is a better proposition because all those guys are just as iffy as Foster in their own ways and I know that I can take any of those guys and cut them tomorrow and it won't kill my season but if I pass on Foster, it could be giving the trophy to someone else.

NO Further than 5.04, people.

Am I the only one who doesn't care what round:pick he went at in anyone elses draft? That info offers very little to help anyone not in your leagues. Tell me where he went off the board among RBs. Was he RB 20? 15? 35? That would actually be useful info that others can apply to their draft(s).
I would tend to agree with this. My league is 6 points per passing touchdown, so QB's are valued more highly than in a 4 point per passing touchdown league. Several QB's are selected in the first couple of rounds, which you wouldn't normally see, pushing RB's/WR's down several picks. Pick by position is far more important than overall with so many formats out there.

Alright. First draft done last night. Got Foster at 5.08 in a 14 teamer. The last like 6 picks before me I was sweating it and freaking out just hoping he would fall to me.

• Smile
Reactions: One
Am I the only one who doesn't care what round:pick he went at in anyone elses draft? That info offers very little to help anyone not in your leagues. Tell me where he went off the board among RBs. Was he RB 20? 15? 35? That would actually be useful info that others can apply to their draft(s).
I would tend to agree with this. My league is 6 points per passing touchdown, so QB's are valued more highly than in a 4 point per passing touchdown league. Several QB's are selected in the first couple of rounds, which you wouldn't normally see, pushing RB's/WR's down several picks. Pick by position is far more important than overall with so many formats out there.
I'm also in a 6pt TD PPR league where qb's go a lot higher than in most leagues. There was also an early run on WR's. I had the first pick and I took Foster at the 4-5 turn. Happy to get him there.

I'm also in a 6pt TD PPR league where qb's go a lot higher than in most leagues. There was also an early run on WR's. I had the first pick and I took Foster at the 4-5 turn. Happy to get him there.
:wall:

:lmao:

Draft is going on now, slow online draft with long pick clocks, and the league is filled with pretty savvy people. Don't expect to see a lot of outlandishly "bad" picks.

For me picking Foster at 3.12/4.01 will likely come down to, as all picks do, who else is available but Foster seems a harder player to "slot" in with other picks.
So there was a run on RBs before I picked and my targets of Gore, Miller Forsett and Ingram went right before me.

I passed with Murray and Foster at the turn at 3.12/4.01. Two big upside swings.

I think, in a vacuum, it was early, but since I don't pick until 5.12 I was confident he would be gone by then and I wanted him probably too much as there are quality WRs on the board like Adams Andre Johnson etc...

Settling in for the ridicule from the league...

Foster's ADP for 12-team non-ppr leagues per Fantasyfootballcalculator...still inching up but clearly topping out:

Aug. 25 6.04 0
Aug. 26 6.02 +2
Aug. 27 5.10 +4
Aug. 28 5.07 +3
Aug. 29 5.04 +3
Aug. 30 4.12 +4
Aug. 31 4.11 +1
Sep. 01 4.10 +1

So there was a run on RBs before I picked and my targets of Gore, Miller Forsett and Ingram went right before me.

I passed with Murray and Foster at the turn at 3.12/4.01. Two big upside swings.

I think, in a vacuum, it was early, but since I don't pick until 5.12 I was confident he would be gone by then and I wanted him probably too much as there are quality WRs on the board like Adams Andre Johnson etc...

I don't blame you for getting him there. I am with you in your thoughts about him not being available when your next pick came around. If your league mates ridicule you---just know it's because you nutt punched one of the other owners that was thinking that they could grab him in the next 5-10 picks. Thank you for giving us some insight to how your draft went.

drafting in 2 days, and thinking of grabbing him at the 3/4 turn (drafting 12/12)

Feels early... real early... I know there will still be good to real good options on the board... I also know foster is amazing when healthy... but if he ends up sitting longer than anticipated, Ill be hurt.

that's too early IMO. You're falling into the hype trap of this thread. Nothing really new has developed regarding his health status. But your league might be different and guys will take him earlier.

I don't blame you for getting him there. I am with you in your thoughts about him not being available when your next pick came around. If your league mates ridicule you---just know it's because you nutt punched one of the other owners that was thinking that they could grab him in the next 5-10 picks. Thank you for giving us some insight to how your draft went.
Picking him that early meant passing on guys with very good, yet unproven upside- Randle, Adams for example, and guys with proven upside but more competition - Ellington for example. All guys with risk of their own.

It comes down to which risk you prefer.

I opted for the guy who has the clearest path and highest upside.

that's too early IMO. You're falling into the hype trap of this thread. Nothing really new has developed regarding his health status. But your league might be different and guys will take him earlier.
He won't get him if he doesn't take him there. I had the 11th pick on Sunday and almost took him at 4.2 but thought I could get him at 5.11. He went 5.6. If I could do over again I would take him at 4.2

He's very much worth a 5th, maybe a 4th (was for me anyway), IF you can lock him up with Blue. Should be a pretty good RB backfield and if Foster comes back early and stays healthy, you've got an RB1 at a cheap price. If he struggles to return, you've got a mid-level backfield.

Nah, you should be able to do a lot better than Blue for a few weeks. You don't want that guy cluttering up your roster.

Nah, you should be able to do a lot better than Blue for a few weeks. You don't want that guy cluttering up your roster.
right..grab a guy like tre mason

You serious...Foster is still not a lock to come back in 4 weeks.

Took him at 3.05 in FFPC...which I believe is his appropriate value in that format.
That seems like a steep price given the format and only 11 weeks to qualify for playoffs. Were you worried he might not make it back to you at 4.8? Even then, he might miss too many games to burn a top 45 pick on.

Got him in the 7th tonight. From the 6 spot. Cuffed blue in round 12.

Pretty happy with it. Even if he comes back in mid season if he comes back healthy it's a RB1 shot in the arm for owners.

I would not draft Arian Foster with a top 50 pick. He was such a big injury risk before this latest setback, and that certainly won't change after it. Is he really a lock to be the same player he was? You can still find many good starters up to the 5th round.

Football is a tough sport and certainly anyone can get hurt. But I try to mitigate the risk by staying away from injury-prone players. I think you're asking for trouble if you draft him as one of your main RB options.

Users who are viewing this thread