What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (4 Viewers)

Adam Levitan

@adamlevitan

Arian Foster not limited today: "Now Im at the point that if (groin) is going to re-tear its going to re-tear so Im just going full go."

2:49 PM - 15 Oct 2015
Perhaps that explains his "hesitation to the point of paralysis" last week when running the ball. I'm expecting a huge game. The jags just made Doug Martin and Charles Sims look like pro bowlers...... 26 for 143, 2 TD and 6 for 54 through the air????

Adam Levitan

@adamlevitan

Arian Foster not limited today: "Now Im at the point that if (groin) is going to re-tear its going to re-tear so Im just going full go."

Perhaps that explains his "hesitation to the point of paralysis" last week when running the ball. I'm expecting a huge game. The jags just made Doug Martin and Charles Sims look like pro bowlers...... 26 for 143, 2 TD and 6 for 54 through the air????
That would make me very happy considering I just got SMOKED by davante freeman last night.

Adam Levitan

@adamlevitan

That would make me very happy considering I just got SMOKED by davante freeman last night.
Funny you mention Freeman. I was just texting with my buddy who snagged Freeman off waivers before week 3 that Freeman's season so far is reminding me of Arian Fosters breakout season in 2010 where he rushed for 1,600+ yards, 16 Tds, and had amazing #s through the air. Arian singlehandedly won me the crown that year. Methinks Freeman will do the same for his owners this year.

Adam Levitan

@adamlevitan

Funny you mention Freeman. I was just texting with my buddy who snagged Freeman off waivers before week 3 that Freeman's season so far is reminding me of Arian Fosters breakout season in 2010 where he rushed for 1,600+ yards, 16 Tds, and had amazing #s through the air. Arian singlehandedly won me the crown that year. Methinks Freeman will do the same for his owners this year.
Foster owner here. But to reply to the Freeman comparison quote... We'll see if Carolina's defense is really any good FF Playoff weeks 14 & 16 then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Levitan

@adamlevitan

Foster owner here. But to reply to the Freeman comparison quote... We'll see if Carolina's defense is really any good FF Playoff weeks 14 & 16 then.
Yeah, these are the things not to be overlooked. Freeman is tearing it up but there are FEW backs in the league that can hold up to the amount of usage he is, especially at his size (and at least worth thinking about his injury history). Then add one of the nastiest defenses in the league into the mix that happen to get a chance to prep and play him twice in three weeks.

I've been a long standing Foster owner and I've been that guy smiling like the Cheshire cat all through the season, only to see it bite me in the fantasy playoffs as the wear and tear took its toll or the Texans ran up against familiar teams that knew him well and played good defense. Freeman might be a candidate for this type of run. But its better to love and lose than to never love at all. If you have a great TEAM, don't sweat it a bit but if you're one of these guys that have Freeman carrying your team single-handedly, you might want to be thinking of a contingency plan.

Adam Levitan

@adamlevitan

Yeah, these are the things not to be overlooked. Freeman is tearing it up but there are FEW backs in the league that can hold up to the amount of usage he is, especially at his size (and at least worth thinking about his injury history). Then add one of the nastiest defenses in the league into the mix that happen to get a chance to prep and play him twice in three weeks.

I've been a long standing Foster owner and I've been that guy smiling like the Cheshire cat all through the season, only to see it bite me in the fantasy playoffs as the wear and tear took its toll or the Texans ran up against familiar teams that knew him well and played good defense. Freeman might be a candidate for this type of run. But its better to love and lose than to never love at all. If you have a great TEAM, don't sweat it a bit but if you're one of these guys that have Freeman carrying your team single-handedly, you might want to be thinking of a contingency plan.
DON'T SAY TEAR IN THE FOSTER THREAD!!

JuniorNB said:
BustedKnuckles said:
Someone just offered Calvin Johnson and Mark Ingram for Foster ....im 1 - 5 lol....i should probably pull the trigger out of desperation
love Foster but I would do that.
i countered with calvin and Doug Martin for Foster....im waiting now
Ragarding the 1-5 record, how bad did Foster missing games hurt you? I mean, where do you think you'd be if you had taken one of the other players you liked at that spot?

JuniorNB said:
BustedKnuckles said:
Someone just offered Calvin Johnson and Mark Ingram for Foster ....im 1 - 5 lol....i should probably pull the trigger out of desperation
Ragarding the 1-5 record, how bad did Foster missing games hurt you? I mean, where do you think you'd be if you had taken one of the other players you liked at that spot?
i have big ben and jamal charles...injuries have hurt me more than anything...i have crap for WR ...i do have lamar miller.....so i need to shuffle things

JuniorNB said:
BustedKnuckles said:
It was a strong offer, you should have accepted it as-is, imo. You could reasonably expect to get 70-80% of Foster's production out of Ingram, and if big Cal has turned the corner as it appears, then he may well give you top 10 WR numbers going forward. If, with injuries and byes,you are currently having trouble fielding a competitive team, then a trade like this could bring significant relief...again, imo.

JuniorNB said:
BustedKnuckles said:
It was a strong offer, you should have accepted it as-is, imo. You could reasonably expect to get 70-80% of Foster's production out of Ingram, and if big Cal has turned the corner as it appears, then he may well give you top 10 WR numbers going forward. If, with injuries and byes,you are currently having trouble fielding a competitive team, then a trade like this could bring significant relief...again, imo.
I got what i wanted ....Calvin Johnson and Doug Martin...line up looks better already

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

He just no doubt in my mind blew his achilles tendon out.

Just my opinion. But I have seen it far too many times. Arian is done. Carted off.

Such a shame.

What happeened
Arian planted as he was coming to a stop going in motion. Planted on the snap and went down (untouched) like he was shot.

It was pretty obvious his Achilles snapped. He was in tremendous pain and had to be helped off the field. Carted to the locker room.

It's over this season and maybe never the same after this injury.

We just saw his last game in the nfl. He was a great back while on the field. Pray for a fast recovery and a good rest of his life.

We just saw his last game in the nfl. He was a great back while on the field. Pray for a fast recovery and a good rest of his life.
I agree. Probably a career.

Terrific player. Made plenty of money. Was a great story being undrafted.

So that is that. That team is a dumpster fire at RB now.

Rotoworld:

Arian Foster exited Week 7 against the Dolphins with an Achilles' injury in the fourth quarter.

The Texans quickly ruled Foster out for the rest of the game. Down 44-20 late in the fourth quarter, the Texans kept playing their starters after initially trailing 41-0. With the Texans in the red zone, Foster was lined up in the left slot. As he pushed off into his route, Foster crumbled to the ground and immediately started clutching at his ankle. He had to be carried off the field and carted to the locker room. Just as Foster was starting to help season-long teams, his season appears likely to be over with a blown Achilles' tendon. Before leaving, Foster rushed 18 times for 59 yards and one score and caught 5-of-7 targets for 66 yards and another score. Foster's status will be updated shortly.

Oct 25 - 4:16 PM

He won't be doing the praying though. That'll be left up to others. Texans fan here. I greatly appreciated him carrying our offense for years. Kubiak definitely rode him into the ground. But he produced. Big time. Not bad for an undrafted free agent.

:(

Feels bad man. I always liked him as a person, and he was a really special player. This Skins fan is sending thoughts and prayers to him and to you guys.

Alfred blue or Polk the pickup here?

Sad day. Arian was one of my favorite players to watch. Great career. Seemed like a great guy, too.

Alfred blue or Polk the pickup here?

Sad day. Arian was one of my favorite players to watch. Great career. Seemed like a great guy, too.
RBBC.

Polk is the reception guy.....Blue the grinder. But they both were unimpressive before Fosters return. Texans playing for a top pick the rest of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread