What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (3 Viewers)

Foster anywhere but HOU is half the back, regardless.

It was tailor made for him. 
I see this repeated often - but I don't believe Bill O'Brien ran the same system as Gary Kubiak (maybe I'm wrong about that though) and Foster was very successful when healthy the last two seasons. Is it just the state of Texas that makes Foster better? - maybe he should sign with Dallas then.

I think he'll go to Oakland to pair with Lat Murray.  They are way under the cap and have to spend.  They are in a position to offer him more than most teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ton of FA RBs available.  I think few teams want someone with that mileage/injury combo, especially if he still wants big $.

I think the Packers could be a dark horse for signing Foster.  Starks is about to turn 30, and is a UFA.  Lacy clearly disappointed last year.  While I do expect a rebound year from Lacy, I also think Foster or Forte would be a huge upgrade to the offense as a whole.  Either could probably be had for 2 million more annually than Starks' 1.6 million salary from last year.  

It would probably turn into a mess for fantasy purposes, but in real life football, it make a lot of sense for the Packers.  I don't think either would count against the compensatory draft calculations, so that makes it all the more intriguing for Ted Thompson, who is loathe to give up picks, even if they are compensatory.

My guess, he'll be either retiring or heading to Indy or NE.  In NE he has a great shot at the title and could give their run game a huge boost if healthy.  In Indy he'd have a great shot to beat the Texans twice a year.
There's no bad blood between Foster and the Texans like there was when Andre was cut. Plus Andre went there partly because he thought playing with a 2 time division winner and Andrew Luck gave him a good shot at the postseason. Didn't turn out to so well.

I think the Packers could be a dark horse for signing Foster.  Starks is about to turn 30, and is a UFA.  Lacy clearly disappointed last year.  While I do expect a rebound year from Lacy, I also think Foster or Forte would be a huge upgrade to the offense as a whole.  Either could probably be had for 2 million more annually than Starks' 1.6 million salary from last year.  

It would probably turn into a mess for fantasy purposes, but in real life football, it make a lot of sense for the Packers.  I don't think either would count against the compensatory draft calculations, so that makes it all the more intriguing for Ted Thompson, who is loathe to give up picks, even if they are compensatory.
Seems like scenarios like this favor Forte going to the Packers.  Seems like teams like to sign former divisional guys. Maybe they have a lot more familiarity with them.

Ton of FA RBs available.  I think few teams want someone with that mileage/injury combo, especially if he still wants big $.
The other side of that argument, however, is name any RB that has any pedigree at all that is available AND hasn't been hurt in the past few years also AND could be had for cheap.  Their aren't any. 

If it were my call, I'd rather pay big money for a guy like Lamar miller, all things being considered but if it came down to picking one of 5-6 guys that used to make a lot of money but are older and have had injuries, then why not Foster?  He and Forte are the only ones available in the category that I think could be true difference makers if healthy and Foster trumps them all in that category.  And since I'm typing this out and thinking it through, I think if I RELLY were making the call ,it simply comes down to how much I want to gamble with staying healthy relative to how much my team needs a RB because, for the money, I might just draft a guy.  That's the tough call here because with RBs especially, you just don't know how these guys are going to hold up. They are all going to get banged up somewhere along the line.  If money is similar, I'm probably spending it on a guy I know has and can do it and cross my fingers that he's like Fred Taylor and just gets over all the injuries or he's like Thomas Jones and doesn't show age build up quickly. 

Seattle was who my thoughts were leaning towards. With Rawls hopefully their guy but it would be great for them to have some proven veteran backup, and if Foster doesn't have to carry the load then the chances of him making it through the season go up. 

The other side of that argument, however, is name any RB that has any pedigree at all that is available AND hasn't been hurt in the past few years also AND could be had for cheap.  Their aren't any. 

If it were my call, I'd rather pay big money for a guy like Lamar miller, all things being considered but if it came down to picking one of 5-6 guys that used to make a lot of money but are older and have had injuries, then why not Foster?  He and Forte are the only ones available in the category that I think could be true difference makers if healthy and Foster trumps them all in that category.  And since I'm typing this out and thinking it through, I think if I RELLY were making the call ,it simply comes down to how much I want to gamble with staying healthy relative to how much my team needs a RB because, for the money, I might just draft a guy.  That's the tough call here because with RBs especially, you just don't know how these guys are going to hold up. They are all going to get banged up somewhere along the line.  If money is similar, I'm probably spending it on a guy I know has and can do it and cross my fingers that he's like Fred Taylor and just gets over all the injuries or he's like Thomas Jones and doesn't show age build up quickly. 
I prefer Forte to Foster.  I don't think the latter can stay healthy.  Not considering how they fit into their respective cap situations, I think the Colts or Patriots would have interest in Forte.  Both teams have a void and probably believe they'll compete for a conference title next year.

I agree that, for many other teams, I'd prefer to draft a back.

I don't think anyone will sign foster until mid season.   If he gets any offers and holds out for big money now it could pan out but he's playing a dangerous game and gms know it. Obviously if someone is very high on him he may get signed,  and he certainly has the pedigree,  but he needs to show he can pass his medical and run and cut, and if they sign him before week one his full season salary is guaranteed.   Better to wait until half way through the season and add a potential difference maker to the roster.  

Wondering what Foster has left to prove by still playing.  He is a very cerebral person and wonder if he would do well to retire and try to get into some type of tv gig as others have done. Coming off the injuries the last 2 years and looking at his age and mileage, maybe it's time he says enough is enough and hang up the cleats.

Wondering what Foster has left to prove by still playing.  He is a very cerebral person and wonder if he would do well to retire and try to get into some type of tv gig as others have done. Coming off the injuries the last 2 years and looking at his age and mileage, maybe it's time he says enough is enough and hang up the cleats.
Hes made no indications that he's considering retirement.

It's hard to give up something you love doing.

Denver seems like a much more reasonable spot than Dallas. Is the answer for Dallas to add another old injury plagued guy on offense? 

FleaFlicker does the same thing sometimes, when the page is loading it tries to open the google play store. I think it has something to do with what ads are on the page.

Dezbelief said:
FleaFlicker does the same thing sometimes, when the page is loading it tries to open the google play store. I think it has something to do with what ads are on the page.
You likely have some malware on your phone.   Don't worry it won't ruin anything, it's just mining all of your data. 

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports free agent Arian Foster (Achilles') is "progressing well," but is probably "a week or two away" from being able to pass a physical.
Foster's market should heat up whenever he's medically cleared. The soon-to-be 30-year-old made a visit to the Dolphins in March, and they could be a top suitor after not making any moves at running back in the draft or free agency. Foster has also been linked to the Seahawks on two separate occasions.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Lolz "Dolphins... not making any moves at running back in the draft or free agency."

There were plenty of moves in FA just no signings. Drake?

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, the Patriots have shown "preliminary" interest in free agent RB Arian Foster.
Foster's market has been slow to develop while recovering from a torn Achilles' and going on age 30. New England's running game was nonexistent last year after LeGarrette Blount (hip) and Dion Lewis (ACL) went down. Foster could prove to be a worthy flier if he can stay healthy. Still a week or two away from being able to pass a physical, Foster figures to sign somewhere before training camp. From a fantasy standpoint, New England's high-octane offense could present one of his better-case scenarios.

Related: Patriots

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter 
May 20 - 4:48 PM

Cory James - LB -  Raiders

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports free agent RB Arian Foster did not meet with the Patriots on his recent visit to Boston.
Foster posted a picture on Instagram of his family at Fenway park, sparking speculation he was in Boston to meet with the Patriots. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday the Patriots have shown "preliminary" interest in Foster, but Cole could have just been connecting some dots. Still a couple weeks away from being able to pass a physical, it is unlikely Foster signs anywhere before June.

Related: Patriots

Source: ESPN 
May 21 - 10:05 AM

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "not pursuing" free agent Arian Foster (Achilles').
The Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Fins will only sign Foster "if they have an injury or if their young backs falter." OC Clyde Christensen said third-round RB Kenyan Drake "has been excellent" in OTAs, while Jay Ajayi appears on solid footing as Miami's starter. In late May, Foster indicated he would be fully recovered from last year's Achilles' tear toward the end of June. ESPN's Adam Schefter expects Foster to begin working out for teams closer to the start of NFL training camps. So it doesn't sound like he'll be signing anywhere before late July.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Miami Herald
Jun 7 - 11:52 PM

Probably the greatest news for Jay Ajayi and his owners. (and the guys looking to draft him this year)

I hope for his sake that Foster gets healthy, but he needs to keep his ### as far away from Miami as possible.

Go stink up Dallas and make the Elliot owners puke.  :D

I posted  on May 11th (in the pursuing a RB backfield thread)   that I believed he might be going to the Redskins. I'd never heard anyone say that anywhere either.

Its looking more and more like that is one of a select few places he may end up.

Makes sense, as their RB platoon seems a little thin, so it wouldn't shock me at all if he does eventually wind up there.

TZM

Probably the greatest news for Jay Ajayi and his owners. (and the guys looking to draft him this year)

I hope for his sake that Foster gets healthy, but he needs to keep his ### as far away from Miami as possible.

Go stink up Dallas and make the Elliot owners puke.  :D

I posted  on May 11th (in the pursuing a RB backfield thread)   that I believed he might be going to the Redskins. I'd never heard anyone say that anywhere either.

Its looking more and more like that is one of a select few places he may end up.

Makes sense, as their RB platoon seems a little thin, so it wouldn't shock me at all if he does eventually wind up there.

TZM
I think Foster ends up in Detroit or San Diego, barring an early season-ending injury in some other city to a primary back.  I think both those cities offer the right blend of where, in Foster's mind, he could play a relevant role and to the team, they might just not be sold enough on what they have to think a guy like Foster could make a difference. 

Honorable mention: Indy.  GOre seems ageless but logically, there could be some draw on both sides for that one.  Indy knows well what a healthy Foster has done to them. Indy likes their RB to catch, Gore is older but it is an intriguing 1-2 punch.  Foster, of course, would have the link to AJ to ask him what its like there and would get to play the Texans two times a year and the team, on paper, appears good enough for the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't be a typical move for my club but I would like to see him in Green Bay.  He could probably be added for a reasonable contract and while it sounds like Fat Eddie has slimmed down some it sounded like he has a ways to go yet.  I wouldn't mind throwing Foster into the mix.

With Ryan Mathews' health always a question and Sproles being 47 years old, I'd be interested in the Birds giving him a shot.  They really could use the help at RB.

Users who are viewing this thread