What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Arian Foster - All Foster news, all the time (2 Viewers)

ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli senses "some pessimism" on Arian Foster's groin injury.

Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

Glad I handcuffed, but Blue of course is a big dropoff. Fresh legs though!
wtf is this even supposed to mean? lol.
Was going to ask the same question. ridiculous
Means they are not confident that it is a minor injury.
who? Bill from Accounting? She doesn't even mention that the 'sense' is coming from someone on the team. Unless she is referring to Foster when he slammed his helmet down, cause I sensed some pessimism there too.

I'm a Foster owner who didn't have Blue rostered and am getting silly trade offers. Blue for Gordon/McKinnon, Blue for Ellington, etc etc. You would think after several years people would realize that Foster is a special talent. Blue instantly becomes Darren McFadden as the Texans starter. What did Blue go, like 7 for 13 yesterday? He stinks. I can only hope Foster's season isn't over since I am solidly in the playoffs right now.

I'm a Foster owner who didn't have Blue rostered and am getting silly trade offers. Blue for Gordon/McKinnon, Blue for Ellington, etc etc. You would think after several years people would realize that Foster is a special talent. Blue instantly becomes Darren McFadden as the Texans starter. What did Blue go, like 7 for 13 yesterday? He stinks. I can only hope Foster's season isn't over since I am solidly in the playoffs right now.
There are people who still think Foster is JAG in a great system.

I didn't roster Blue either, used roster spots for guys like Hillman, Dixon, etc. Figured if Foster did go down, Blue would be average at best anyways. Either way, crossing my fingers I can nab him with my #3 WW claim this week

Agreed. That offense is dead in the water w/o Foster. Blue will get the carries if Foster can't play, but I seriously doubt the production will be there.

ESPN Texans reporter Tania Ganguli senses "some pessimism" on Arian Foster's groin injury.

who? Bill from Accounting? She doesn't even mention that the 'sense' is coming from someone on the team. Unless she is referring to Foster when he slammed his helmet down, cause I sensed some pessimism there too.
This is what ya get when reports come out before an actual evaluation is done. Total guesswork.

Yep. He was feeling good enough to spike his helmet. I'm going to guess it's not a season ender...

None contact injury, went down in a heap, whatever "popped" he knew it was the end of the day before he got to the sidelines... sadly, it's probably pretty serious.

Nobody knows squat (myself included) until the official word comes down, but assuming there was enough damage based solely on his actions... I would consider it a miracle (and gladly welcome it) if he's back on the field within a month.

None contact injury, went down in a heap, whatever "popped" he knew it was the end of the day before he got to the sidelines... sadly, it's probably pretty serious.

Nobody knows squat (myself included) until the official word comes down, but assuming there was enough damage based solely on his actions... I would consider it a miracle (and gladly welcome it) if he's back on the field within a month.
I would kill for a month. He's got a bye baked into that so it would be three weeks out of my lineup vs expectations. I'm expecting 4-6 weeks just based on the word "groin" being used in the description.

There are people who still think Foster is JAG in a great system.
And you can easily recognize these people: they are the ones under you in the standings.

The level of people whiffing on Foster and then hating on him has been epic over the years. Always ready to anoint Tate, Johnson, Blue, or any other RB that comes behind him.

I've watched Foster for a long, long time and I kind of get the feeling that the throw yesterday was pure frustration in the "Man, I JUST got this right...was having a good couple of weeks...can't believe this SH$#" kind of reaction. The bye helps but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until week 12.

I would kill for a month. He's got a bye baked into that so it would be three weeks out of my lineup vs expectations. I'm expecting 4-6 weeks just based on the word "groin" being used in the description.
Coach said reaggravation of groin strain. You guys step back from the ledge until the MRI comes back.

Whoa, where did all the keyboard doctors come from with the month diagnosis? Word is that it's not that serious at the moment. He had no problems walking off the field and into the locker room on his own power.

Was Monte Ball carted off or did he walk to the locker room under is own power?

ETA: We also have FJax as an example, who was carted off the field and whose groin separated from the bone (similar to Ball).

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, where did all the keyboard doctors come from with the month diagnosis? Word is that it's not that serious at the moment. He had no problems walking off the field and into the locker room on his own power.
Keyboard doctors!! That is perfect.

I recall the same thing happening a couple years back when Foster had a groin or hammy issue in preseason. There were posts on this board linking to his MRI scans claiming he had torn the muscle. That was the year he finished as the #2 RB overall. Now this is obviously a different year and different situation, but can we all relax and wait for an official announcement?

I recall the same thing happening a couple years back when Foster had a groin or hammy issue in preseason. There were posts on this board linking to his MRI scans claiming he had torn the muscle. That was the year he finished as the #2 RB overall. Now this is obviously a different year and different situation, but can we all relax and wait for an official announcement?
But rotoworld said he slammed his helmet so like..this is clearly serious business.

But rotoworld said he slammed his helmet so like..this is clearly serious business.
I saw a couple of tweets that went so far as to say he "destroyed" his helmet. Clearly the leg will have to come off.

Clearly the leg will have to come off.
He would still be startable and a rb1 with one leg

Keyboard doctors!! That is perfect.I recall the same thing happening a couple years back when Foster had a groin or hammy issue in preseason. There were posts on this board linking to his MRI scans claiming he had torn the muscle. That was the year he finished as the #2 RB overall. Now this is obviously a different year and different situation, but can we all relax and wait for an official announcement?
Its hard to say. I remember Lesean McCoy last year hurt his knee and was seen slamming his helmet and sobbing going to the training room. I don't think he missed a game. Let's see what happens...

Keyboard doctors!! That is perfect.I recall the same thing happening a couple years back when Foster had a groin or hammy issue in preseason. There were posts on this board linking to his MRI scans claiming he had torn the muscle. That was the year he finished as the #2 RB overall. Now this is obviously a different year and different situation, but can we all relax and wait for an official announcement?
Its hard to say. I remember Lesean McCoy last year hurt his knee and was seen slamming his helmet and sobbing going to the training room. I don't think he missed a game. Let's see what happens...
I remember that play; it was against the Chiefs. McCoy was distraught. He slammed his helmet; based on his reaction, I thought he was done for the year.

He came back out after halftime & had over 150 yards and a TD.

I see a lot of Foster owners holding out hope. You will need that hope seeing as how he went down with a non-contact injury.

I see a lot of Foster owners holding out hope. You will need that hope seeing as how he went down with a non-contact injury.
Hey, Doc-where did you get your medical degree?

This is the latest news I could find:

"does not appear to be too serious at this point"

Whether that report proves to be true or not remains to be seen, but you are doing the exact same thing that you are chastising Foster owners for: taking a limited amount of information & jumping to a conclusion.

Why do you hope Foster's injury is serious?

:lol: How many times have you criticized injury panic absent anything concrete? You couldn't be more hypocritical.
I couldn't be more hypocritical saying "you will need hope" on a non contact injury?

OK.
It couldn't be more obvious that you hope his injury is more serious than it's believed to be.

:lol: How many times have you criticized injury panic absent anything concrete? You couldn't be more hypocritical.
I couldn't be more hypocritical saying "you will need hope" on a non contact injury?

OK.
Wasn't Ellington's injury a non-contact injury? All I know is that I've seen you condemn panic enough times through-out enough threads to make that post comical.

OK.
It's extremely abnormal for a hamstring or groin injury to NOT be non-contact. Some are more serious than others, and therefore some take more time to recover than others. We won't know until after more news is released (which might not be until next week, since they are on a bye), but your belief that it's more serious than not based on it being a non-contact injury is flawed in its very premise.

let's all agree to stop posting here until the MRI is complete or something factual is known
You know that by doing this you'd be eliminating about 95% of the content in the "Shark" pool, right?

Once facts are known these threads lose all of their flavor.

Jene Bramel suspects it will likely be in the 2 to 4 week range. See his subscriber article for details on his reasoning.

Jene Bramel suspects it will likely be in the 2 to 4 week range. See his subscriber article for details on his reasoning.
I would settle for two weeks. I just "hope" this is of the minor variety and Foster can be back by week 14. I'm sure we all do, unless you dont own Foster and own Blue.

Do NFL teams have to announce injuries and status during their bye week like they do game weeks? May not here anything until next week about Foster and his status.

Speaking Monday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien declined to update Arian Foster's (groin) status, saying only that he's "day to day."
Dont forget this part of the Rotowrold post-

It was a supremely unhelpful "update" heading into the Texans' bye week. With the off week looming, Foster got hurt at the right time, but he should be considered highly questionable for Week 11. Foster's injuries have a way of lingering, and he was visibly frustrated after leaving Sunday's loss to the Eagles. For what it's worth, both CBS and NFL Network have reported that the injury isn't believed to be serious. For now, owners need to sit tight, and have Alfred Blue on speed dial.

Speaking Monday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien declined to update Arian Foster's (groin) status, saying only that he's "day to day."

It was a supremely unhelpful "update" heading into the Texans' bye week. With the off week looming, Foster got hurt at the right time, but he should be considered highly questionable for Week 11. Foster's injuries have a way of lingering, and he was visibly frustrated after leaving Sunday's loss to the Eagles. For what it's worth, both CBS and NFL Network have reported that the injury isn't believed to be serious. For now, owners need to sit tight, and have Alfred Blue on speed dial.
Again, the bolded part is completely pointless to this issue and is the definition of taking no info and assembling an opinion. The reports after it, which both state that the injury isn't believed to be serious are a lot closer to something you could hang your hat on.

For what? The 14-59 line that he is likely to put up with Foster out? Handcuffs work out only in rare occasions. He's a backup for a reason - he's subpar.

For what? The 14-59 line that he is likely to put up with Foster out? Handcuffs work out only in rare occasions. He's a backup for a reason - he's subpar.
Jeremy Hill would disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread