What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Baseball INJURY thread: Half your team currently on the 10 day DL (4 Viewers)

Quite common in spring training. Not concerned at all. Sonny is an Ace ready to have his best season yet IMO.
Sonny an ace?  Last two season net K/9's in the mid 7's (sub 10 swgstrk, sub 30 o-swing), BB's between mid 2 and 3, and FIP in the mid-3's.  I guess he could be the next Johnny Cueto that beats his FIP #'s every year, but I think his profile better resembles Garret Richards, Yordano Ventura, Collin McHugh, and Michael Wacha than an ace.  Those guys have actually all had more swings-and-misses than Gray over the last two years.

Sonny an ace?  Last two season net K/9's in the mid 7's (sub 10 swgstrk, sub 30 o-swing), BB's between mid 2 and 3, and FIP in the mid-3's.  I guess he could be the next Johnny Cueto that beats his FIP #'s every year, but I think his profile better resembles Garret Richards, Yordano Ventura, Collin McHugh, and Michael Wacha than an ace.  Those guys have actually all had more swings-and-misses than Gray over the last two years.
He's Oakland's ace :shrug:

Andre Either out 10-14 weeks with a fractured tibia. Jon Gray also left today's game in the first inning with an undisclosed injury that appeared to be on his pitching hand.

Eithier isn't great and the Dodgers have lots of OF but the injuries are piling up early for the Dodgers.  I guess this make Carl Crawford semi-relevant as a cheap speed source, removes some of Joc Pederson's margin for error and opens the door for Trayce Thompson and/or **** Hernandez.

I'm gonna list my league injuries:

League 1: Kluber, Rich Hill, Hamels, Tulo, Schoop

League 2: Manea, Matz, Kelley

League 3: Cespedes, Gary Sanchez (back now), Dozier, Matz, Tallion, Jackie Bradley (something isn't right), Semien, Bedrosian, and three minor leaguers :kicksrock:

League 4: Kluber, Paxton, Kelley, Britton, and now Trout and Fowler are dead

League 3 is a disaster, my hitting is bad already and I've been missing a lot of key bats.  League 4 I am in 3rd place currently but it's a H2H league with very few SPs on the wire so that might not last.  This is crazy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I've had Desmond, Marte, Piscotty, Sanchez, Hill, Taillon, Bedrosian, Miggy go down so far across two leagues. Still crushing both leagues all things considered.  Just gotta refuse to lose.

Topic of discussion in one of my leagues: It seems teams are using the 10-day DL a lot more frequently than previously when it was 15 days. If your league has specific DL spots (we have two/team for a 16-teamer with 25-man rosters), should you consider adding another DL spot or just chock it up to a need to get more creative?

My Yahoo! team (different league than above) already has four regulars on the DL on a 21-man roster with only two DL spots, so I currently have two guys just burning spots on the bench. And that doesn't even include Freeman, assuming he ends up on the DL too.

I don't know the right answer. Was wondering what others think.

Topic of discussion in one of my leagues: It seems teams are using the 10-day DL a lot more frequently than previously when it was 15 days. If your league has specific DL spots (we have two/team for a 16-teamer with 25-man rosters), should you consider adding another DL spot or just chock it up to a need to get more creative?

My Yahoo! team (different league than above) already has four regulars on the DL on a 21-man roster with only two DL spots, so I currently have two guys just burning spots on the bench. And that doesn't even include Freeman, assuming he ends up on the DL too.

I don't know the right answer. Was wondering what others think.
I proposed adding another DL spot in my league, but was rejected because some did not want to make a midseason rule change. I think it's a good idea though. Eno Sarris posted something on Fangraphs the other day showing the numbers.

Weekly, lineups lock Monday, see you again on Sunday leagues? Those have been a real treat too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weekly, lineups lock Monday, see you again on Sunday leagues? Those have been a real treat too.
Only kind of league I've played in. Though I've only been doing magic beisbol for 5 years.

Here's a current DL list for a team in my league (not mine): Freeman, Nola, Cahill, Bum, Chapman, Hamels, Maeda.

Just brutal.

I proposed adding another DL spot in my league, but was rejected because some did not want to make a midseason rule change. I think it's a good idea though. Eno Sarris posted something on Fangraphs the other day showing the numbers.
I don't think it's fair to make a mid-season rule change, unless somehow everyone is on board. Not fair to those owners who already have been forced to drop a DL player they otherwise might have been able to keep.

I don't think it's fair to make a mid-season rule change, unless somehow everyone is on board. Not fair to those owners who already have been forced to drop a DL player they otherwise might have been able to keep.
Yeah, I think it could have gotten through if there was unanimous support for a change. But there wasn't.

Between an injury, a bad luck injury, and his manager lying about his usage...Joc Pederson is playing a lost season. 

Dinelson Lamet left today's game with an apparent injury
“Usually, you walk off the mound, your elbow hurts, it’s not a good thing.” — Andy Green on Dinelson Lamet leaving in the second inning today.

Apparently it is an injury

Yelich to the DL.

Joe Maddon seemed to imply that Rizzo has another day or so of being day-to-day with back stiffness before he makes a trip to the DL.

Users who are viewing this thread