What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Bates Motel TV Series thread (1 Viewer)

VA703

Footballguy
Starts tomm. @ 10 on A&E

imdb

Wiki page

The series is inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, and will depict the life of Norman Bates and his mother Norma prior to the events portrayed in Hitchcock's film. A&E chose to skip a pilot of the series, and ordered a 10-episode first season

:thumbup:

i thought it was pretty good. also with very few commercials made it easy to stay tuned

I dont know what to think of this show yet, I think they jump around too much, it seems like they should be focusing on a couple different story lines instead of what they are doing now. Norman is one of the weirdest acting kids around and he just has girls being thrown at him, especially the smoking hot one whose dad got burned up, even the oxygen tank girl looks pretty good. I didnt like how the brother just showed up out of no where.

'Timmay said:
I dont know what to think of this show yet, I think they jump around too much, it seems like they should be focusing on a couple different story lines instead of what they are doing now. Norman is one of the weirdest acting kids around and he just has girls being thrown at him, especially the smoking hot one whose dad got burned up, even the oxygen tank girl looks pretty good. I didnt like how the brother just showed up out of no where.
the brother is kinda lame and didnt add much to the story so far. i think hes gonna try and dig around and figure out that norma killed her husband. and norma or norman are going to kill him off.the marijuana fields was totaly unexpected. the crooked town is weird you're right this show is all over the place

yeah the last episode was good this show is finally starting to take off

need to see more of that classmate of his :pickle:

Only seen a few episodes but like it so far. Although I was a little disappointed when I realized it was modern day set.

The show is weird but I like it. Norma Bates irks me for some reason.

Also, have you ever been the new guy at a new school. Fresh meat and all that. If I could have moved every three months when I was in highschool, I would have.

I enjoyed this show in the beginning, now it is getting kind of stupid and unbelievable. Norman just slaying the hottest chick in school as a dorky new kid. Everything points to Norma killing that guy, Dillon being in the car when his buddy gets shot in the head, Bradley's dad being all burnt up, marijuana fields everywhere, Japanese chick in a basement/boat as a sex slave.....1 of these things would absolutely shake a small town USA town, let alone all these things....very unbelievable. Im going to give this a couple more episodes and if it doesn't pickup, im cutting it loose.

kinda dumb, but I'll give it to the end of the first season. I like that Farmiga chick as an actress, but everyone else is kinda meh. still can't believe that Norman is the same kid who got the golden ticket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. dude has sprouted.

I enjoyed this show in the beginning, now it is getting kind of stupid and unbelievable. Norman just slaying the hottest chick in school as a dorky new kid. Everything points to Norma killing that guy, Dillon being in the car when his buddy gets shot in the head, Bradley's dad being all burnt up, marijuana fields everywhere, Japanese chick in a basement/boat as a sex slave.....1 of these things would absolutely shake a small town USA town, let alone all these things....very unbelievable. Im going to give this a couple more episodes and if it doesn't pickup, im cutting it loose.
I think some of that getting it on might have been his skitzo meter running at full RPM. or not.

I really like this show. At least one cop is involved in all of the mayhem there to help cover things up, Norma's ill effect on Norman and his inability to cut loose... The way this is written reminds me of Stephen King where it's out there but it's fun to watch. I like the way this is filmed too, the angles, the sets---I'm pretty glued!

same. good show so far, a bit predictable but thats okay. i was waiting for norman to flip out and kill the hot girl

seems like the guy in room 9 is running some type of prostitute/sex ring . hes the new bad guy now

Strange show. Some weeks I think I am done with it and some weeks I love it. I am not sure what to think of it.

CurlyNight said:
Seems such like a short series.. 2 more epis left. :( I hope it will continue.
There will be a second season. Tonight the show will be the only thing on A&E at 10:00. I will watch it.

I figured the show would be about mom messing up Norman. i was kinda surprised with all this small town mayhem. I guess they figured it would get old pretty quick with just mom being nutzo.

Now that I'm over my expectations, I see it as more of a new Twin Peaks. I'm diggin it.

The teacher reminds me of the Seinfeld "Two Face" episode. Sometimes she's hot, sometimes she's not, sometimes she's hot, sometimes she's not. And sometimes she's dead.

was hoping he was gona hit it.. guess when he gets that feeling he doesnt know what to do except think of his mom and go crazy

the cop is definately a badass .. i just realized hes that guy from Lost

The teacher reminds me of the Seinfeld "Two Face" episode. Sometimes she's hot, sometimes she's not, sometimes she's hot, sometimes she's not. And sometimes she's dead.
If this show had music, hot for teacher by Van Halen would be perfect! I like how they've poured on the eyeliner on the sheriff. Makes him creepier!

If this show had music, hot for teacher by Van Halen would be perfect! I like how they've poured on the eyeliner on the sheriff. Makes him creepier!
He isn't wearing eyeliner. That actor has naturally dark eyelashes all the time.

drfeelgood said:
CurlyNight said:
He isn't wearing eyeliner. That actor has naturally dark eyelashes all the time.
Yeah, he's dreamy.

Users who are viewing this thread