What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** BenJarvus Green-Ellis Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

What happens when Morris returns? Will be RBBC BJGE/Morris or does BJGE sit?

I think Jordan drops.

I took a chance in a must win and played him over Marshawn.... I am glad to say I listened to my gut..... :rolleyes:
Pretty early for must wins, right? Did your team have injury issues? Please post your team and league standings so we can figure this out
So by how many points did you lose to the BJGE owner?
Don't bother feeding the trolls, Phlash. I've had this guy on ignore for over a year. Easily the most worthless poster in the Shark Pool. I'm always disappointed that the Ignore function unfortunately doesn't carry over to quoted posts. :no:Regarding BJGE, I've been very impressed with his running style. Finds a hole, hits it quick, and runs downhill. He's not going to be breaking off any 50-yd TDs in the NFL, but he's the kind of guy who will get the yards that are there, and occasionally a little bit more. If I were a BJGE owner, I'd be happy with today's performance, but even happier that Faulk saw a lot fewer touches this week. I think the coaching staff is starting to trust BJGE, and I wouldn't be surprised that even if/when Morris & Jordan are healthy that he remains a major part of the ground game and possibly even the starter. Not saying it will happen, just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

I took a chance in a must win and played him over Marshawn.... I am glad to say I listened to my gut..... :own3d:
Pretty early for must wins, right? Did your team have injury issues? Please post your team and league standings so we can figure this out
Don't bother feeding the trolls, Phlash. I've had this guy on ignore for over a year. Easily the most worthless poster in the Shark Pool. I'm always disappointed that the Ignore function unfortunately doesn't carry over to quoted posts. :no:Regarding BJGE, I've been very impressed with his running style. Finds a hole, hits it quick, and runs downhill. He's not going to be breaking off any 50-yd TDs in the NFL, but he's the kind of guy who will get the yards that are there, and occasionally a little bit more. If I were a BJGE owner, I'd be happy with today's performance, but even happier that Faulk saw a lot fewer touches this week. I think the coaching staff is starting to trust BJGE, and I wouldn't be surprised that even if/when Morris & Jordan are healthy that he remains a major part of the ground game and possibly even the starter. Not saying it will happen, just saying I wouldn't be surprised.
I own him and I'm a Pats fan, so assume there's some bias in my comments. That said I agree, he's definitely a grind it out, unspectacular, but reliable back. Kind of like Sammy Morris, no? He looked pretty bad in St. Louis, but wasn't shabby in the Buffalo, Indianapolis, and Denver games.

I took a chance in a must win and played him over Marshawn.... I am glad to say I listened to my gut..... :own3d:
I own him and I'm a Pats fan, so assume there's some bias in my comments. That said I agree, he's definitely a grind it out, unspectacular, but reliable back. Kind of like Sammy Morris, no? He looked pretty bad in St. Louis, but wasn't shabby in the Buffalo, Indianapolis, and Denver games.
The only knock I'd have on him, is you have to wonder how much of his success is due to him, and how much the improvement in the OL's run blocking. Because remember, Morris had like 130 at the half vs. Denver, which is around the time Neal came back and the OL started to improve.

I'm not sure on this, but I think neal only played about 20 snaps vs denver --- that game was more a product of pitiful denver d than anything else.

but I agree w/you on the larger point that running the ball is a team effort, and bjge benefits from being on the right team.

I've always said the pats run game was greatly underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread