What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Cincinnati RB Thread - Rudi Johnson & Kenny Watson (1 Viewer)

FBG Blogger

Bengals Injury Update; RB Johnson Looks Ready

Mark Curnutte, Cincinnati Enquirer - [Full Article]

Cincinnati Bengals LB Caleb Miller has been ruled out for this weekend's game with the Buffalo Bills. He joins LB Ahmad Brooks and OT Willie Anderson on the sidelines. DT John Thornton (neck) was limited in practice on Friday and is questionable. WR Chad Johnson, HB Rudi Johnson, S Herana-Daze Jones, DE Justin Smith and HB Kenny Watson are all probable and practiced fully.

Sorry if this is addressed somewhere else. What's the latest on these two? Both probable last I looked, but anything beyond that as far as load for each etc.?

From CBS Sportsline

Lewis mum on Johnson's workload

Rudi Johnson, RB CIN

News: Bengals RB Rudi Johnson (hamstring) is listed as probable for Week 9 at Buffalo. Johnson went through full practice reps all week, his first full one in six weeks. Head coach Marvin Lewis told NFL.com that Johnson had a good week of practice, but wouldn't say if Johnson would start and how he would use him against the Bills. Even if Johnson is fully recovered from the hamstring injury, Lewis is reluctant to push him too much in his first game back. "A healthy Rudi hasn't played in five weeks, basically, or four weeks, so we want to make sure we're not going to overload Rudi at this point," Lewis said Thursday.

Analysis: The Bengals struggled to run the ball with Johnson early this season, although it wasn't all the running back's fault. The offensive line was in flux each game because of injuries, and Johnson was having to make moves in the backfield to avoid tackles. Johnson has carried 62 times for 185 yards -- a 3-yard average -- without a touchdown. Johnson's injury also opened the door for Kenny Watson to emerge as a viable NFL running back. Consider Johnson a viable No. 2 Fantasy RB for Week 9 and Watson a No. 3 or 'flex' option.

Watson is still the better play, especially in PPR leagues. I don't look for Cincy to work Rudi that much today. He's a better wait and see player for next week. Watson is definitley the safer play.

Watson starting.

From RotoWorld:

Both Kenny Watson and Rudi Johnson are active Sunday at Buffalo, as expected. Kenny Watson will start the game.

Watson is the better fantasy play, but Rudi can be used as a flex option in non-PPR leagues because he might be the favorite for any goal-line carries. DT John Thornton, LBs Ahmad Brooks and Caleb Miller, PR Skyler Green, RT Willie Anderson, CB David Jones, QB Jeff Rowe, and C Dan Santucci are the Bengals' inactive players. Antonio Chatman will return punts.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Take this for what it's worth, but according to Rotoworld Kenny Watson will see the majority of touches today vs Buffalo.

Take this for what it's worth, but according to Rotoworld Kenny Watson will see the majority of touches today vs Buffalo.
They don't cite a source. It could happen but I've been paying very close attention to this all week and I haven't seen or heard a single report which said Rudi's action will be limited. Everything I've read indicates it will at least be a split. The one concern about Rudi is Lewis said they don't want to overwork him in his first game back. If RotoWorld has a source for saying he'll be limited beyond their own speculation I'd sure like to see it.

CBS Sportsline says the same thing:

News: Bengals RB Rudi Johnson is active for Cincinnati's Week 9 game at Buffalo, but will not get the start as Kenny Watson will start.

Well at least know Watson is starting is a good thing. I was going to start Jerious Norwood over both of them given the uncertainty and reports that Norwood might finally become the main runner. I'll probably go back to Watson now.

I subscribe to a pay football website and the Bengals homers think Watson is the man today. Not news by any stretch but I thought I would throw it out there for what its worth.

3Aims said:
JM4Steelers said:
I subscribe to a pay football website and the Bengals homers think Watson is the man today. Not news by any stretch but I thought I would throw it out there for what its worth.
I need Rudi or Watson so I guess I will start Watson.
Well i have both and am starting Watson. Due to a strong division, I am second in the league in points, second least points against and I am 4th in my own divison, with 2 division losses keeping me from the playoffs. It's basically up to Watson to save my season. A freaky freaky year for me (I'm in 8th and 3-5 in another league while leasing it inpoints!) in FF so here's to Kenny!! Sorry Rudi, you've been my keeper for years but I really really need you to be bad today.

3Aims said:
JM4Steelers said:
I need Rudi or Watson so I guess I will start Watson.
Well i have both and am starting Watson. Due to a strong division, I am second in the league in points, second least points against and I am 4th in my own divison, with 2 division losses keeping me from the playoffs. It's basically up to Watson to save my season. A freaky freaky year for me (I'm in 8th and 3-5 in another league while leasing it inpoints!) in FF so here's to Kenny!! Sorry Rudi, you've been my keeper for years but I really really need you to be bad today.
Hopefully it works out for you guys

I offered Travis/Selvin/Eli for Rudi/Watson/Romo and got no response. This guy doesn't respond to much of anything tho, so I don't know if he didn't see it, didn't like it, or what.

Users who are viewing this thread