What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL CINCY BENGALS 2021-22 THREAD - Chase not hurt :) (1 Viewer)

Seeing mock drafts that Sewell gone by 3, and Bengals taking Roshawn Slater at 1.5

2 questions

1. Is Slater really good enough to be taken at 1.5?

2.  Does he roll up his sleeves?

Could we possibly be saved by a trade back?
If Penei is gone, they need to trade back.  However, we have been through this dance many times before.  Prepare for them to pick some magic beans.  

Seeing mock drafts that Sewell gone by 3, and Bengals taking Roshawn Slater at 1.5

2 questions

1. Is Slater really good enough to be taken at 1.5?

2.  Does he roll up his sleeves?

Could we possibly be saved by a trade back?
There are a number of draftniks that like Slater better than Sewell (not that I agree) and he is seen as rising.  Most mocks don't have him quite that high at this point but he is well regarded.  I think he is more in play if both Sewell and Chase are gone. Buuuuut if both Sewell Chase are gone that means at least one of the top 3 QBs fall to our spot so maybe, just maybe we can slide back a little (though we hardly ever trade it is more plausible in that scenario to slide back a little).

The wilder speculation is Pitts at #5 - but I don't really see us as being the team to break a 48-year streak of no TEs in the top 5.

Anyway here's the mock draft database link to Slater

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2021/rashawn-slater

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Brutal ridiculous terrible day.

Hurt to not get Thuney but that was a tough number to go higher than (and any home state thoughts he may have had aside I have no notion whatsoever that he takes Cincy over KC today.

Linsley - they shoulda got that done.

The whole Lawson thing is ridiculous awful malpractice.  Shoulda just used the franchise tag.

Anyway saved a ton of money to extend Bobby Hart for 10 years I guess

-QG

YESSSSSSS What a way to start my early NCAA watching weekend.  Bobby Hart is GONE!!

Things starting to shape up a bit - would be amazing if we can land GollaDEY now!  Joey B is making things possible.  Love that he is actively involved in recruiting guys.

-QG

Stoked for the draft as really the Bengals will do well no matter what but it's gonna be Chase at #5 and then we'll get a couple OL in rounds 2-4.

WHO DEY! :excited:

-QG

Huge win yesterday.  Logan Wilson is the LB we have needed for years and the front 7 is much better than last year.  Other than some soft CB play ( cough Eli Apple cough) the defense is much improved.  Granted this is a bad Steelers team probably destined for the cellar, Bengals have blown many of these games over the years.  

The OL wasn’t a train wreck this week.  First place Bengals need to open it up on offense and this team will be in the hunt in AFCN.  

Not going to the game, but having a get together at the house for a few friends to watch the game. This is a big game on a big stage for the Bengals, even though Jags stink. If we lose this, I feel like people can say, "well same old Bengals" but if we win, we are sitting at 3-1 on the year and can "afford" to lose 2 of the next 4 against GB, DET, BALT, and NYJ. Here's to a blowout Bengals win!! 

Thoughts on Bates being out tonight?

Bates is obviously a very important contributor on this defense, and he will certainly be missed, but I think the way the defense has been playing this season so far has been great all around. They have been swarming to the ball/tackle, DL has played great putting pressure on not only the pass but the run as well, LB's have been ball hawks. I think it will be a great team effort tonight just like most of the season since Bates is out. 

I am really interested to see how Trae Waynes plays tonight coming back from injury. He was expected to be the Bengals #1 CB coming into the year, but has missed every game. (Actually missed last year too).  

In all my years of Bengals fandom, this has to be the worst draft I have ever seen.  

Still early, but curious to know if you still think this? 

Chase, Mcpherson and Carman are all contributing more than expected, even Sample is contributing.  Ossai being hurt sucks, but I expected huge things from him, could only imagine this defense with him being rotated in. 

Still early, but curious to know if you still think this? 

Chase, Mcpherson and Carman are all contributing more than expected, even Sample is contributing.  Ossai being hurt sucks, but I expected huge things from him, could only imagine this defense with him being rotated in. 
McPherson is the best kicker we have had in a while.  The initial reaction is to cringe drafting a kicker especially after the Jake Elliott debacle. We knew Chase would be good.  A lot of this draft will come down to what we get from Carman.  

Not going to the game, but having a get together at the house for a few friends to watch the game. This is a big game on a big stage for the Bengals, even though Jags stink. If we lose this, I feel like people can say, "well same old Bengals" but if we win, we are sitting at 3-1 on the year and can "afford" to lose 2 of the next 4 against GB, DET, BALT, and NYJ. Here's to a blowout Bengals win!! 
Agree.  I think the season hinges on getting a solid W tonight.  

Not pretty but big win for the Bengals who move to 3-1. This pace is probably not sustainable but good to see them get off to a good start. With some key players returning from injury they will have a chance to compete in games. Getting off to a quicker start offensively would help this young team.
The playbook does not seem to open up until later in the game.  It’s like Bill Walsh in reverse.  

Such an ugly first half, that might have been the worst half of football the Bengals have played in 20 years and that takes into account all those Jets and Texans playoff games that were so frustrating. Those were at least against playoff teams. The only good thing that happened that entire half was Logan Wilson stopping Lawrence at the 1 to end the half. 

The 2nd half they were a brand new team and one that I was expecting the entire game. Maybe Taylor unleashes Burrow a little more moving forward and lets him call more audibles on his own. Seemed to work great on the last couple of drives. I'm still wary that we played so poorly against the Jags. kind of dampens my dreams on a possible playoff push. 

Uzomah played great, and Joe was finding him often which was great to see from 2 players coming back from injury. Boyd and Chase both came up huge in big moments, that catch by Boyd on 3rd down was fantastic, almost looked one handed then it sort of looked like he lost the ball at the end, glad they didnt look closer to that. That play down the sideline with Chase should have been a  pass interference call, the Jags defender was all over him and wasnt playing the ball, didnt even look at the ball.

Refs were terrible, 2 blown goal line calls (called Burrow's sneak a TD which was wrong and called Robinson short of a TD, when he was really in). No PI on Chase at the end of the game. Some other questionable holding calls that I didn't see. I think it was Quinten Spain on the last drive that was called for holding when really it looked like the Jags defender slipped on his own. Could have been huge in a huge moment in the game, luckily the Bengals converted.  

Just glad we got the win!  

Jessie Bates made himself a lot of money last night.  Hopefully, the Bengals find a way to sign him.  The D did not seem to have the same edge with him sidelined.  

Jessie Bates made himself a lot of money last night.  Hopefully, the Bengals find a way to sign him.  The D did not seem to have the same edge with him sidelined.  

He should get a lot of money and I think the Bengals will pay him, however I honestly think the defense was gassed from Sunday's physical game with the Steelers where they were on the field a lot and it being a short turn around which contributed with the defense not having the same edge. I hope the extra time off gives the team a much needed rest when they have the Packers coming to town.

Saw a cool tidbit today: 

Trevor Lawrence has only lost TWICE in his entire football career when leading by 10+ points. JOE BURROW is responsible for both of those losses. 

Who Dey!!!! 

Great feeling on victory Monday..One of the best wins I've watched as a Bengals fan in recent memory. (few and far between-last years win over Pittsburgh was awesome too, but this one means more imo). 

OL did a fantastic job in both the pass and run game.

The entire defense did awesome. Chido is quickly becoming one of the best FA signings of the offseason. Logan Wilson is a leader and stud at LB, I love everything about this guy. 

Chase...BEAST!! 

Such a fun game to watch as a Bengals fan. 

Not trying to get ahead of ourselves but It's possible to be 7-2 going into bye in week 10 with Jets this week and a beat up Browns team in week 9. Ill even take 6-3 but 7-2 sounds so much better. 

Ravens follower here.

That was a flat out butt-whippin'. The Ravens had zero answers on either side of the ball to counteract what the Bengals were doing. 

Cincy is a load of fun to watch. I found myself just sitting back and admiring them yesterday. That defense is nasty.

Who in the AFC is playing better than they are right now? Maybe the Raiders are close since they hacked their dinosaur of a coach, and I think Buffalo is really good. The rest of the contenders are battered messes.

Ravens follower here.

That was a flat out butt-whippin'. The Ravens had zero answers on either side of the ball to counteract what the Bengals were doing. 

Cincy is a load of fun to watch. I found myself just sitting back and admiring them yesterday. That defense is nasty.

Who in the AFC is playing better than they are right now? Maybe the Raiders are close since they hacked their dinosaur of a coach, and I think Buffalo is really good. The rest of the contenders are battered messes.

Very true, AFC is wide open right now. Bills would be top contender imo. Titans have looked pretty dang good the last 2 weeks, but for some reason I just can't trust who will show up each week and I still don't trust their defense even though they put on a show vs KC.

Pretty bunched up everywhere. Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders in the West (sorry Broncos). AFC North is wide open (we could see 3 playoff teams?). AFC South looking like a battle between Titans and Colts (starting to pick it up). AFC East-Bills are cream of crop but never count out the Pats. Should be fun to watch down the stretch. 

Incredible win yesterday.  Burrow is great but Chase is an absolute beast. I could not imagine he would be this great this soon.  

I think all the first round potential opponents are about the same.  I would worry about the Colts the most.  If it is NE, BB will blitz Burrow a ton. OL is still our weakest link but our skill players are unmatched.  

eighsse said:
So far yes, and barring any crazy events in the future, absolutely. I was dead wrong on this one. But please, NOW are we ready to start building a real o-line?
I’d like to see them entice some free agents on the OL.  

Third biggest win in franchise history after the two AFC Championship games? Nothing bigger than the Ice Bowl. Is this bigger than the 88 win over Seattle? Probably not but I’m not a Bengals fan so I don’t know 

eighsse said:
So far yes, and barring any crazy events in the future, absolutely. I was dead wrong on this one. But please, NOW are we ready to start building a real o-line?
How about now? Seriously, can they poach 5 guys off of practice squads like, this week?

What a draft they had this year, Chase and McPherson have been HUGE for them. I think if they draft 3 o lineman in April they are going to be set for a quite some time. 

What a draft they had this year, Chase and McPherson have been HUGE for them. I think if they draft 3 o lineman in April they are going to be set for a quite some time. 
Their recent track record of drafting OL has been abysmal.  Let’s hope they can also hit on a free agent or two.  

LFG!! I love this team! So fun to watch and so easy to cheer for! Joey Brrrrr for Prez and Shooter McPherson for Vice! 

Users who are viewing this thread