What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** CNN Thread - Good Calls Or Journalistic Malfeasance? You Report, You Decide (1 Viewer)

:(

I generally defend CNN here, however this is really shoddy journalism from Brianna Keilan, who I used to respect. This is just embarrassing histrionic fictional reporting.

When last was a gallon of milk $1.99 and who the hell can go through 12 gallons a week? How many kids does this couple have, or do they operate a pet shelter for cats? 

Brianna Keilar@brikeilarcnn 4h

"A gallon of milk was $1.99. Now it's $2.79. When you buy 12 gallons a week times four weeks, that's a lot of money."

@EvanMcS  goes grocery shopping with the Stotlers and shows us how badly inflation is hitting the middle class.

https://twitter.com/brikeilarcnn/status/1456227125346832384 (video clip at link)

For this one reporter and in this one instance so far. I am not ready to declare CNN fake news just based on that. I haven't seen anything that has come close to this before. 
I find this really hard to wrap my head around.  Perhaps you just didn't see it because it was good for your side and you wanted it to be true.

I find this really hard to wrap my head around.  Perhaps you just didn't see it because it was good for your side and you wanted it to be true.
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!  This was a story on CNN, that attempted to show how bad the economy is, which is 100% against the liberal position, so of COURSE guys like squish NOW call them out for being fake news.

Oy

Whew, you fellas are really taking this new administration hard. 

A liberal posts a negative about CNN, and that's the responses. 

Lordy 
I have no idea why you would post that.  Don't you think it's strange that this is the very first time he's seen anything dishonest form CNN?  I wasn't attacking him, I'm legitimately surprised.

I have no idea why you would post that.  Don't you think it's strange that this is the very first time he's seen anything dishonest form CNN?  I wasn't attacking him, I'm legitimately surprised.
I have no idea how much CNN he watches, or if he has noticed dishonesty when he does watch it. 

No, I don't think it's strange. 

I don't watch the network regularly.  However, I have seen them make reporting errors or mistakes of fact, which they have always issued a correction or a retraction once they become aware of it. But, no, I have not seen "dishonest" reporting, per se, before (I don't count commentary from Don Lemon or Chris Cuomo). 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't watch the network regularly.  However, I have seen them make reporting errors or mistakes of fact, which they have always issued a correction or a retraction once they become aware of it. But, no, I have not seen "dishonest" reporting, per se, before (I don't count commentary from Don Lemon or Chris Cuomo). 
OK, I assumed you watched it.  My bad.  

As far as companies that have done the most to destroy their own brand I think the NYT takes the crown only because they've  been around so long and have done more damage to a longer tradition.

But CNN is a very close 2nd.

As far as companies that have done the most to destroy their own brand I think the NYT takes the crown only because they've  been around so long and have done more damage to a longer tradition.

But CNN is a very close 2nd.
I'm actually bummed at how bad the NYT has become.   They were such a true news source back in the day.  Now they are agenda peddlers. 

They have all become entertainment outlets, they sell advertising space, therefore the primary concern is ratings. Not news, or facts, or agendas. Just whatever drives ratings. Any outlet that derives revenue from ratings, clicks, views, etc. is going to try to maximize those first and foremost. We should understand this and act accordingly. Includes Facebook too, btw.

Later Tater :bye:

Could CNN be turning a corner? Don Lemon should be next on the list. He provides ZERO value other than hate (fi that's your thing).

Word on the street is CNN just invented this new thing called ratings and they are going to use them to see how their shows are doing...Stelter was such an untalented tool...how he got this far is a complete mystery...definitely Hall Monitor material.

Later Tater :bye:

Could CNN be turning a corner? Don Lemon should be next on the list. He provides ZERO value other than hate (fi that's your thing).

Word on the street is CNN just invented this new thing called ratings and they are going to use them to see how their shows are doing...Stelter was such an untalented tool...how he got this far is a complete mystery...definitely Hall Monitor material.

I think it's clear that he had compromising photos of Jeff Zucker. That is the only possible reason he would've been able to get a job in media.

Users who are viewing this thread